00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonMugen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of April 2020

5,235 Views | 17 Replies
Respond to this Topic

If you missed it, winners of our HaxeFlixel Game Jam were announced Monday!

Judging for our Pet Jam is in progress. Be sure to watch and vote on as many as you can this weekend; community scores help inform the judging when things are close.

This Saturday is Pico Day, a day to share fan art for anything you’ve enjoyed here on NG! We’re giving out $650 in prizes to our favorite entries.

@TheInterviewer published an interview with FreeAsANerd, discussing things like The Company of Myself, his more recent work developing NG’s Pico-8 medals and high scores library and his latest job as the lead programmer at messhof, of Nidhogg fame! Or Party Boat if you played that one here.

A new episode of The Newgrounds Podcast just dropped and @littlbox is back for a visit!

Best of April

Your votes are in and the best of April have been determined!

Top Five Animation

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Satina!

Top Five Games

Runner-Up Animation

6. A Crack In My Skin

7. Animal Crossing: Tiger King

8. Gildedguy vs Oxob

9. That Boy Aint Right (Anime Parody)

10. Robot Guts

11. Bunny Day

12. SONIC X REANIMATE

13. pigeon

14. Cet In Het

15. Scoopy

16. Humpty Dumpty Had A Great Fall

17. DOOM Eternal BattleSchmoes

18. Hiro the Dense - Official Anime OP

19. Sweet Bod

20. Curveball

Runner-Up Games

6. Green

7. Volty's Quest

8. Planet Life

9. Quarantine JAM RELEASE

10. Holy Plague

11. Quarantino

12. up in the sky

13. The Right Turn

14. Kickochet (demo)

15. Bakus Adventures

16. 4 coins

17. Decryption: A Free Online MMO

18. Dungeon Puzzle Demo

19. Heartship

20. Mis vacas

21. Tightly Bound

22. Convergence

23. Klee: Spacetime Cleaners

24. Reboot Resume Restore

25. My First Game

26. Bass Master Online

27. Jerry Is Not Invited

28. Toilet Paper Hoarder

29. Vigtafl

30. Swingin' 3

31. In A Keybind

32. Sense of Unity

33. Skelewton's First Law (Demo)

34. Past Persistence

35. Help Yourself

36. King's Orders

37. Drones

38. stasis: an interactive haiku of isolation

39. Party Land

40. Keep Hope Alive

41. Mother Hen

42. Symbio-tech

43. MISFORTUNE

44. Lockdown opportunities

45. Suenio

46. Stray Shot

47. Macrowave

48. Namedoors, and other poems

49. Ghost House

50. Saccharine playground

I went long on game results due to the HaxeFlixel Jam and Ludum Dare entries last month.

The voter of the month and winner of our honorary Supporter upgrade is @Hylarn!

Thank you everyone who has been supporting us on our journey to be ad free and thank you everyone who shared their work here in April! There was so much cool stuff to enjoy in every corner of the site. Don’t miss my April 2020 Music Playlist Part 1 and Part 2, as well as the Top Scoring Featured Art.

Ruffle Flash Emulation Update

Ruffle updated this week to utilize WebGL! It now renders vectors faster than the Flash plugin ever could. Compare this 60fps animation via the traditional Flash plugin and now view it using Ruffle. If the Ruffle version doesn’t display for you, WebGL may be disabled in your browser; the next Ruffle update will default to canvas in those cases. We’re also gonna be adding a fullscreen button, since a lot of Flash can now run fullscreen without performance issues.

If you appreciate the ongoing efforts to preserve Flash, please consider becoming a Ruffle sponsor!

Up next is Pico Day, followed by the winners of our Pet Jam and the introduction of new game and animation jams!

iu_118850_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 16:50:08

I wanna play that "Heal plz" game

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 17:18:43

There's a ton of Pet Jam submissions! I plan on sitting down and watching all of them this weekend if possible. I've watched two of them so far. If they're all half as good as the ones that I've watched then it's going to be an awesome time.

Consider donating to us on Patreon or Paypal!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 18:55:56

This month is full of Good Stuff!

Content, jams, podcasts.

Self isolation was productive for most of us.

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 19:16:26

Holy moley, can't believe I made it into the top 5 with Final Fharmacy! There was some crazy competition this month as it was the biggest amount of game submissions I've ever seen with it being around 50+ (usually there are only just around 30)! Cheers everyone, and thank you both for voting for me and making all these great games for me to play!

As I've been doing for a year now, I've reviewed all of the games that were submitted this month and recorded it so the developers can get some more in-depth feedback (hopefully). Newgrounds is a wonderful community and while I am for the most part silent, I hope this can, in some small way, repay the love shown to me! Feel free to check my news post for more of this month's feedback!

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 19:18:15

Congratulations to the winners for this month!

As for the Pet Jam, it's a very cool idea and I've enjoyed watching the entries for it so far. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 19:57:42

I'm Happy for these Animation video I enjoyed like Satina, Hands Up, Paper Zelda, and Little Runmo. ( most of them are the greatest for the animators. )

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 20:03:19

I’m speechless!!

So much good stuff came out this month—it was so hard to pick just a few favorites for the ranking!

what a great month!!!

my skin is morphing to form the impression of my crocs

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 22:17:38

Congrats to the winners.

My cat is in Jabroni Brawl: Episode 3

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-07 23:41:05

Big congrats to Hannah Daigle for winning first place during her first month of submitting content. I'm happy to see so many female animators showing up (I voted for Sweet Bod and Curveball as well).

Speaking of which, I voted for No Evil as well. How come the top animations cut off at 20?

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 03:25:57

How can I insert my songs into a music playlist if I need a certain number of followers???

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 05:12:54

At 5/8/20 03:25 AM, C211 wrote:How can I insert my songs into a music playlist if I need a certain number of followers???

Into someone else's playlist? As far as I know you can never do that, but there shouldn't be any limit on the playlists you can make yourself. Just hit the playlist button on the top right above a submission to create a new playlist for it, and then either add more the same way or edit it via your profile. Hopefully that's what you're trying to do...?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 05:15:32 (edited 2020-05-08 05:21:39)

Congrats to the winners! Really solid stuff this month.

This Saturday... tomorrow. XD Time's moving too fast lately...

Was a bit worried about WebGL when you mentioned it, considering a lot of HTML5 games are apparently incompatible with my computer for what I thought was that reason, but maybe that was OpenGL... some just never load properly. Elements are all invisible. Hoping Ruffle doesn't take any route that causes similar incompatibility with older devices...

But the example worked great. Fast and awesome. Good to hear about the future failsafe too.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 11:31:02

Lots of great content :)

I look forward to going back and watching or playing anything I missed.

Thanks Newgrounds community!

Monthly animations, sketchbook tours, and weekly art streams.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 18:34:00

My feelings are the same as everyone else's. There were so many great animations this month, it was hard to pick a winner! In my mind most of them deserved recognition.

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-08 21:35:51

At 5/7/20 06:55 PM, Pecheneg wrote:This month is full of Good Stuff!
Content, jams, podcasts.
Self isolation was productive for most of us.

I agree I didn't much done on here because I don't do anything here but vote.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-09 13:01:32

very cool Tom thank you

Response to Best of April 2020 2020-05-21 03:51:30

April 2020 was a great month. It helped take my mind off the global pandemic.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature