00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spiritgarden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Contest & Best of October!

10,505 Views | 61 Replies
Respond to this Topic

TSIOQUE, a beautifully animated 2D point and click adventure, released on Steam this week and to celebrate, we're hosting an art contest!

To participate, create a piece of TSIOQUE fan art and upload it to the Art Portal by November 25th at 11:59PM EST.

Tag your entry with "TSIOQUE" so we can find it. If you aren't scouted we will still find your entry.

Your entries will be judged by @Sarkazm, the animator behind TSIOQUE and NG favorites like Smile! and Lucky Day Forever.

The top ten entries will receive Steam keys for TSIOQUE and honorary NG Supporter status!

Best of October

Your votes are in and the Best of October have been determined.

Top Five Movies

The top-ranked movie based on original material and winner of $250 is It's Spooky Month. Congrats @SrPelo!

Top Five Games

Runner-up Movies

6. SPACE COCKS
7. SMOSH MOSH
8. PIANOID
9. Dragonpalz
10. My Spooky Boo - A Booette/Queen Boo Fan-Animation
11. Hazbin Hotel Clean Up Scene - Charlie Singing
12. Gay Cats
13. Broken Hand: No Evil 032
14. James' Weird Little World!
15. Gosh! What a Sight!
16. Mad Sombra Chase - Overwatch x Teen Titans
17. Over Exposure : Foamy The Squirrel
18. TD-The Divide Part 1
19. Who Is That Guy? : Foamy The Squirrel
20. Hazbin Hotel Clean Up Scene - Angel Reputation Scene
21. Pokemon Geodude vs Cubone
22. Down the Dungeon
23. RIP IT OUT
24. EDDSQUEST
25. Trish (Chutney Glaze)
26. Nothing to KRYY about
27. Beyond the Fog: Episode 1 - A Rude Awakening
28. Chutney vs TOMMY WISEAU!
29. the curse of the mummy
30. Why Do Cats Do This??
31. The King of Heck!
32. Halloween
33. Trick-or-Treating | Root & Digby
34. Silent Hill 3 but it's Nichijou
35. Everything is Terrible
36. Michael's Revenge
37. Candy Catastrophe - Mimi Moment
38. You Da Man, Shinji!
39. The Average Melee Player
40. Bunny Kill: Resurrection Collab

Runner-up Games

6. Nightmare Quest
7. The Ramen Prince (Ramen no Oujisama) v0.7.0 M
8. BrutalMania.io
9. Crazy Halloween
10. The Game Creation Recipe
11. CopyCat
12. The bystander
13. Deep Down
14. Little Cabin in the Woods - A Forgotten Hill Tale
15. Crashlanded
16. stein.world
17. People's Committee of Game Development
18. Path of Atlon
19. Halloween Asylum
20. Super Sneaky Room Escape
21. These Remains
22. Firestarter
23. Crypt Shyfter: Pizza Quest
24. Crypt Shyfter: The Dinosaur Wizard
25. Dark Night Escape
26. Voltage
27. Crypt Shyfter: Oathbreaker
28. LazerGrrl
29. Yes Boss!
30. Arcade Defender

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @ElvisAronPresley. The King isn't dead after all!

I couldn't find a good Spooky Month dance gif so I ended up making this one. Enjoy!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-09 15:05:27

Congrats to all the monthly winners! A special Congrats to @Sarkazm for releasing TSIOQUE today!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-09 15:16:52

Congrats to the monthly winners, and Sarkazm .

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-09 15:18:46

Cool, another NG creator doing stuff in the big(ger) leagues. I'm happy with 28th place as far as mine and Chutney's movie goes. It's pretty good for my first one! And hey, 3 of the things I voted for got into the top 5s!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Looks like another fun contest, and a solid set of submissions this month! Congrats all!

Though aaa all three floozthesnooz masterpieces in a row right at the top of the runner-up's: SPACE COCKS, SMOSH MOSH, PIANOID... hope there may be more of those ready for some other less active month.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-09 17:23:41

15th?! That's insane! I've never made the top 40 before and Pippy came 15th?! Thank you so much!
Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween :D

Where am I ... wait where ... what?

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-09 21:21:05

Top 5 games of the month? That’s incredible thanks so much

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-10 03:58:18

"The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @ElvisAronPresley. The King isn't dead after all!"

Thank you for this award! Indeed, Elvis did not leave the building.

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-10 04:42:48

At 11/9/18 05:23 PM, Clockworkpixel wrote: 15th?! That's insane! I've never made the top 40 before and Pippy came 15th?! Thank you so much!
Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween :D

Some day it'll be the top spots. Some day. :) You too!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-10 09:42:31

Congrats to the winners! Some of my own picks are in the top. You earned it!

On the Tsioque-side of the news, I immediately bought the game and started a Let's Play in German for those interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3hF7zvtoc
It's a fun and beautiful game!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-10 23:09:41

Awesome! I glad to see that NG Renaissance is not over yet. So many good events, so promissing projects, I like that.

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 08:53:25

Dunno why kill wolfy ranked so far down the top 5 its incredible! monthly voters have bad taste.

also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 09:28:53

At 11/11/18 08:53 AM, Luis wrote: Dunno why kill wolfy ranked so far down the top 5 its incredible! monthly voters have bad taste.

also first post.

I think so sometimes as well. Seems like popular stuff always wins, and anything by lesser-known artists (unless it's very high quality) just gets forgotten as the month goes on.

Also second post.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 09:55:50

Well congrats to the winners of October 2018. I'm glad my favourite game, came to the top 5. Cute Halloween dancing gif Tom.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 14:15:22

REMINDER and SHOUTOUT to NG VETS: @billpremo and @emrox helped animate on TSIOQUE

GOD BLESS OUR NG TROOPS, GOOD WORK KINGS

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 19:53:37

At 11/11/18 02:15 PM, Tyler wrote: REMINDER and SHOUTOUT to NG VETS: @billpremo and @emrox helped animate on TSIOQUE

pls stop

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-11 20:39:18

At 11/11/18 07:53 PM, BillPremo wrote:
At 11/11/18 02:15 PM, Tyler wrote: REMINDER and SHOUTOUT to NG VETS: @billpremo and @emrox helped animate on TSIOQUE

pls stop

"s-stop congratulating me im embarassed" - Bill, being a queen

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-13 03:00:34

Damn, disappointed that my animation didn't make the top 40, but I think a lot of that may have been due to the timing of it, releasing it right at the end of the month.
But that's okay! I don't do it for any rewards, but it is motivation to improve heaps more for the next episode ;)

Congrats to the top 5 in both movies and games! It was a pretty solid month of entries, surprised that some of the ones I chose didn't make top 5.

Shamelessly promoting our new upcoming work because why not?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-13 03:32:18

At 11/11/18 02:15 PM, Tyler wrote: REMINDER and SHOUTOUT to NG VETS

Damn right, NG vets deserve a shout out

Glory to those who serve everyday to make things better.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-13 10:55:46

At 11/13/18 03:00 AM, SketchyAnt wrote: Damn, disappointed that my animation didn't make the top 40, but I think a lot of that may have been due to the timing of it, releasing it right at the end of the month.
But that's okay! I don't do it for any rewards, but it is motivation to improve heaps more for the next episode ;)

Congrats to the top 5 in both movies and games! It was a pretty solid month of entries, surprised that some of the ones I chose didn't make top 5.

Toytopia has been vexing me because it's really well done and well reviewed but got ultra low engagement while it was on the front page - people simply weren't clicking the thumbnail. As a result not a lot of people saw it, hurting it's chances to get a lot of votes.

In general I think thumbnails with title graphics don't get as many clicks - the characters were also kinda small and the image doesn't look like it compressed as cleanly as it could have on our end. I'd be curious to see how it does with a clearer, larger single character "action" thumbnail.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-13 17:58:27

At 11/13/18 10:55 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/13/18 03:00 AM, SketchyAnt wrote: Damn, disappointed that my animation didn't make the top 40, but I think a lot of that may have been due to the timing of it, releasing it right at the end of the month.

Toytopia has been vexing me because it's really well done and well reviewed but got ultra low engagement while it was on the front page - people simply weren't clicking the thumbnail. As a result not a lot of people saw it, hurting it's chances to get a lot of votes.

In general I think thumbnails with title graphics don't get as many clicks - the characters were also kinda small and the image doesn't look like it compressed as cleanly as it could have on our end. I'd be curious to see how it does with a clearer, larger single character "action" thumbnail.

Ooh thanks for the tips! I had no idea what to put as a thumbnail and thought that something rather general may have worked for the first episode. I might look into changing the thumbnail, maybe even just working on a bunch of different thumbnail drawings that can be used for this episode and future episodes.
It could very well be the thumbnail itself that held it back which would be unfortunate but no matter, just another thing to improve on haha

Shamelessly promoting our new upcoming work because why not?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-14 12:58:23

Well done everyone! I judged a bit of them and it was hard to choose the best. Congrats

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-11-15 17:08:00

Congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!! You rooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK! Yes, you rock!

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-05 14:15:49

At 11/10/18 09:42 AM, Manderby wrote: On the Tsioque-side of the news, I immediately bought the game and started a Let's Play in German for those interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3hF7zvtoc

Game audio seems to be understandable, at least. :) Great promo though. This does seem like it'd be fun to play... brings you back to the good ol' days of Monkey Island and all those legendary points and clicks.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-05 15:36:01

At 11/14/18 12:58 PM, OrionGD wrote: Well done everyone! I judged a bit of them and it was hard to choose the best. Congrats

Congrats to all of them. It can be a challenge to judge, but it has to be done.

At 11/15/18 05:08 PM, Wiesi wrote: Congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!!!! You rOCK! Yes, you rock!

They all did an amazing job. They do in fact Rock.

At 12/5/18 02:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/10/18 09:42 AM, Manderby wrote: On the Tsioque-side of the news, I immediately bought the game and started a Let's Play in German for those interested.

That game does look very good and lots of fun.

Game audio seems to be understandable, at least. :) Great promo though. This does seem like it'd be fun to play... brings you back to the good ol' days of Monkey Island and all those legendary points and clicks.

Retro themed games are the vest. You hardly see them anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-05 16:04:41

At 12/5/18 03:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Retro themed games are the vest. You hardly see them anymore.

Yupp, you... wear them like your memories? Like a shield against the dissonances of the world?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-06 17:34:56

At 12/5/18 04:04 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/5/18 03:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Retro themed games are the vest. You hardly see them anymore.
Yupp, you... wear them like your memories? Like a shield against the dissonances of the world?

Of course, you have to treat them well. They help keep you young and healthy.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-06 18:00:04

At 12/6/18 05:34 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Of course, you have to treat them well. They help keep you young and healthy.

That's the way huh. :) I guess I'd better start gaming a bit more to retain my youthfulness...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-06 23:57:47

At 12/6/18 06:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/6/18 05:34 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Of course, you have to treat them well. They help keep you young and healthy.
That's the way huh. :) I guess I'd better start gaming a bit more to retain my youthfulness...

You had better stick to lots of posting and writing reviews. Leave the games alone. You have to let me have something. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-07 04:50:51

At 12/6/18 11:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You had better stick to lots of posting and writing reviews. Leave the games alone. You have to let me have something. ;)

Just thinking out loud there. XD I'm still reviewing...

BBS Signature