00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Contest & Best of October!

10,381 Views | 61 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-07 15:15:26

At 12/7/18 04:50 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/6/18 11:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You had better stick to lots of posting and writing reviews. Leave the games alone. You have to let me have something. ;)
Just thinking out loud there. XD I'm still reviewing...

You are an awesome reviewer. I am still working on my reviewing skills. Trying to get a little better as I go.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-07 15:47:41

At 12/7/18 03:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You are an awesome reviewer. I am still working on my reviewing skills. Trying to get a little better as I go.

Well the further you go the better you get. :) Thank you.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-12 02:08:26

At 12/7/18 03:47 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/7/18 03:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You are an awesome reviewer. I am still working on my reviewing skills. Trying to get a little better as I go.
Well the further you go the better you get. :) Thank you.

I have been working on my review and writing skills. My art skills are stick lacking. I won't be happy until I can do everything. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-12 05:19:36

At 12/12/18 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been working on my review and writing skills. My art skills are stick lacking. I won't be happy until I can do everything. lol

Might take a while! :D A lifetime of mastery, and the more you master the more you know how little you really know...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-13 21:49:59

At 12/12/18 05:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/12/18 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been working on my review and writing skills. My art skills are stick lacking. I won't be happy until I can do everything. lol
Might take a while! :D A lifetime of mastery, and the more you master the more you know how little you really know...

I am not afraid to keep trying to master things. That is also a great point. There will never really be an end to learning things.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-14 05:14:37

At 12/13/18 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I am not afraid to keep trying to master things. That is also a great point. There will never really be an end to learning things.

Indeed. Sometimes wish life was at least a few lifetimes long, maybe there'd be time to really do all you want to.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-20 16:02:05

At 12/14/18 05:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/13/18 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I am not afraid to keep trying to master things. That is also a great point. There will never really be an end to learning things.
Indeed. Sometimes wish life was at least a few lifetimes long, maybe there'd be time to really do all you want to.

So true. There are so many things that I want to at least attempt, it not master. The idea of living forever would be amazing. I would want to learn many different art styles.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-20 17:15:47

At 12/20/18 04:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: So true. There are so many things that I want to at least attempt, it not master. The idea of living forever would be amazing. I would want to learn many different art styles.

I know right. :) Getting cryogenically frozen now doesn't seem like a really reliable way to attain immortality though. Hope they figure out something better soon...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-25 01:53:14

At 12/20/18 05:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/20/18 04:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: So true. There are so many things that I want to at least attempt, it not master. The idea of living forever would be amazing. I would want to learn many different art styles.
I know right. :) Getting cryogenically frozen now doesn't seem like a really reliable way to attain immortality though. Hope they figure out something better soon...

Getting frozen just pauses your lifespan. You would miss all the time that happened while you where on ice. You have to be awake and alive during all that time.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-25 10:39:21

At 12/25/18 01:53 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Getting frozen just pauses your lifespan. You would miss all the time that happened while you where on ice. You have to be awake and alive during all that time.

Yeah, and the cryogenic technology available today might not actually preserve your mind, as it's meant to. Might just be one eternal slumber. Definitely doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-26 02:18:46

At 12/25/18 10:39 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/25/18 01:53 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Getting frozen just pauses your lifespan. You would miss all the time that happened while you where on ice. You have to be awake and alive during all that time.
Yeah, and the cryogenic technology available today might not actually preserve your mind, as it's meant to. Might just be one eternal slumber. Definitely doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

Maybe, you could have your mind transferring to a computer. Wait until the make robot body and then get downloaded. You could live forever as a robot. That sounds really cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-26 05:15:24

At 12/26/18 02:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Maybe, you could have your mind transferring to a computer. Wait until the make robot body and then get downloaded. You could live forever as a robot. That sounds really cool.

Transcendence? :) It's a cool idea in theory but... I'm not sure our personality lies entirely in our mind either. Hope they figure out a better way!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-28 01:41:35

At 12/26/18 05:15 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/26/18 02:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Maybe, you could have your mind transferring to a computer. Wait until the make robot body and then get downloaded. You could live forever as a robot. That sounds really cool.
Transcendence? :) It's a cool idea in theory but... I'm not sure our personality lies entirely in our mind either. Hope they figure out a better way!

I do watch a lot of Sci-fi movies and TV, so that was probably where I got that idea. Where out personality lies, is a totally different question. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-28 05:26:53

At 12/28/18 01:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I do watch a lot of Sci-fi movies and TV, so that was probably where I got that idea. Where out personality lies, is a totally different question. lol

Me too. :) Yeah, some say it's all in those 21 grams...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-30 13:45:51

At 12/28/18 05:26 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/28/18 01:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I do watch a lot of Sci-fi movies and TV, so that was probably where I got that idea. Where out personality lies, is a totally different question. lol
Me too. :) Yeah, some say it's all in those 21 grams...

21 grams huh? Are you talking about genes, like 23 and me?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2018-12-30 14:24:27

At 12/30/18 01:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 21 grams huh? Are you talking about genes, like 23 and me?

23 and me was new to me! Was thinking of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315733/

They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death. Some say it's the weight of our soul that leaves the body. Don't know if it's true but it stuck in mind after that movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-02 18:47:07

At 12/30/18 02:24 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/30/18 01:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 21 grams huh? Are you talking about genes, like 23 and me?
23 and me was new to me! Was thinking of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315733/

Its a thing. I understand what you mean.

They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death. Some say it's the weight of our soul that leaves the body. Don't know if it's true but it stuck in mind after that movie.

That is one of the mysteries that have not been solved. Just a fun thing to think about.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-03 05:04:22

At 1/2/19 06:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Its a thing. I understand what you mean.

That is one of the mysteries that have not been solved. Just a fun thing to think about.

Well maybe not fun but... yeah, definitely one to think about!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-04 03:39:39

At 1/3/19 05:04 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/2/19 06:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Its a thing. I understand what you mean.

Well maybe not fun but... yeah, definitely one to think about!

It is fun to imagine what it could be, and trying to think up the correct answer.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-04 07:02:02

At 1/4/19 03:39 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is fun to imagine what it could be, and trying to think up the correct answer.

I'm not sure existential questions fall under my category of fun though. XD More so depressing. Reminds me of our mortality and the limited amount of time we have to spend here.

We really are pretty serious people huh...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-11 02:43:08

At 1/4/19 07:02 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/4/19 03:39 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is fun to imagine what it could be, and trying to think up the correct answer.
I'm not sure existential questions fall under my category of fun though. XD More so depressing. Reminds me of our mortality and the limited amount of time we have to spend here.

That is a good point. Didn't mean to depress you. We have to keep our spirits up.

We really are pretty serious people huh...

Yes, that is how you guys all do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-11 17:40:39

At 1/11/19 02:43 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is a good point. Didn't mean to depress you. We have to keep our spirits up.

No worries! I don't get depressed as easily as through comments. :) Takes some real-life existential meandering to do that.

That is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-15 02:59:38

At 1/11/19 05:40 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/11/19 02:43 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is a good point. Didn't mean to depress you. We have to keep our spirits up.
No worries! I don't get depressed as easily as through comments. :) Takes some real-life existential meandering to do that.

Happy to hear that. With all the snow and cold, it could really effect your mood.

That is true.

Keep up all the good work.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-15 05:49:30

At 1/15/19 02:59 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Happy to hear that. With all the snow and cold, it could really effect your mood.

Yes indeed. Not so much the snow and ice as the darkness. And cold. Yeah.

Will do!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-16 22:41:48

At 1/15/19 05:49 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/15/19 02:59 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Happy to hear that. With all the snow and cold, it could really effect your mood.
Yes indeed. Not so much the snow and ice as the darkness. And cold. Yeah.

Sweden seems like a very dark and cold place. Like the north pole or something.

Will do!

So, whats the deal with the Swedish Bikini Team? Is that a real thing, or just made up? Do they pick new girls every year?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-17 04:20:58

At 1/16/19 10:41 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sweden seems like a very dark and cold place. Like the north pole or something.

Yeah it does. XD Only during the winter though! If you ever visit: avoid the winter.

Unless you actually happen to like winter... it might be nice for a limited amount of time though...

So, whats the deal with the Swedish Bikini Team? Is that a real thing, or just made up? Do they pick new girls every year?

Oh man, I'd never heard of them before this! They're a group of American female models apparently so: not real I guess?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-18 14:49:15

At 1/17/19 04:20 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/16/19 10:41 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sweden seems like a very dark and cold place. Like the north pole or something.
Yeah it does. XD Only during the winter though! If you ever visit: avoid the winter.

Sweden sounds like an awesome place, but I would totally freeze if I went there.

Unless you actually happen to like winter... it might be nice for a limited amount of time though...

It would be cool to see snow and make a snowman.

Oh man, I'd never heard of them before this! They're a group of American female models apparently so: not real I guess?

That is not a real thing? I thought all the girls in Sweden were super hott. Like models are stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-18 15:53:32

At 1/18/19 02:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sweden sounds like an awesome place, but I would totally freeze if I went there.

One of those few seasonal benefits. :) For sure. It's been a while since I made one of those too actually, should take the opportunity when I get it. Winter sports are good fun too.

That is not a real thing? I thought all the girls in Sweden were super hott. Like models are stuff.

That is the stereotype. XD Wouldn't say it's totally false but... Swedish Bikini Team apparently are.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-23 03:12:53

At 1/18/19 03:53 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/18/19 02:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sweden sounds like an awesome place, but I would totally freeze if I went there.

One of those few seasonal benefits. :) For sure. It's been a while since I made one of those too actually, should take the opportunity when I get it. Winter sports are good fun too.

I want to make a snowman and dress him up like myself. Afterwards, make some snowmen of my friends.

That is the stereotype. XD Wouldn't say it's totally false but... Swedish Bikini Team apparently are.

That really sucks. I thought Sweden had some amazing girls. I guess it is just a normal place like everywhere else.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Contest & Best of October! 2019-01-23 05:03:50

At 1/23/19 03:12 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I want to make a snowman and dress him up like myself. Afterwards, make some snowmen of my friends.

That'd be pretty cool. :) I've only ever tried the default types. Three balls of snow. Eyes. Branches. You know.

Doesn't look very much like me.

That really sucks. I thought Sweden had some amazing girls. I guess it is just a normal place like everywhere else.

Hey they do! Swedish Bikini Team though: not Swedish.

BBS Signature