00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of June & Happy Robot Day!

4,673 Views | 23 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today is Robot Day on Newgrounds! It's an annual celebration of robots, organized by @MindChamber. We also have a robot-themed animation jam in progress and while the deadline isn't until the 15th, artists are welcome to publish their work today and be part of the Robot Day festivities!

Our previous animation jam was the Bad Dream Jam and we are now celebrating those entries with a new site skin by @FuShark! Follow Fu to see lots of cool art in your feed.

We also just passed the deadline for @RealFaction's Art Inspired Music contest, browse the submission thread to see the entries! Making music inspired by art on the site is such a cool idea.

As if that's not enough excitement, voting has wrapped for the Best of June. Here are your winners!

Top Five Movies

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Hiro the Dense. Congrats @ZedrinBot!

Top Five Games

Shout out to FL!P for being my son's favorite game of the month.

Runner-up Movies

6. Prison of the Clairvoyant
7. Chara vs Buddy (Undertale x LISA Collab)
8. HACKYJACK
9. 64 Bits - Intelligent Life (Pikmin Parody)
10. Shielmaiden series test trailer
11. Bort
12. Sublo & Tangy Mustard #10 - Battlefield
13. A Recipe for Bad Dreams
14. Party Time - Montage 1
15. Ocean Floor
16. IN-SHADOW: A Modern Odyssey
17. Attack on Ogre - Shrek Anime OP
18. Smash Bros - Amiibo Training
19. Organic Food : Foamy The Squirrel
20. Mario Scenarios - Super Princes Peach
21. Little Brother
22. Late Night - Vlad the Vampire
23. BOY!
24. Soccer Coach
25. The Pacman Collab
26. Try ASMR : Foamy The Squirrel
27. A Fable III Experience
28. Sonic VS Pooh
29. TD-Mac n Me
30. Bad Dream :(

Runner-up Games

6. ZS Dead Detective - Roving Eyes
7. Survival of the Fetus
8. Shamaniac
9. Sala
10. Stride Demo
11. Crown Dungeon
12. LIFE AND DEATH OF JOE
13. Super Ryona World 2
14. Can You Escape Heartbreak? An Escape the Room Game Inspired by Undertale
15. Tough Growth
16. Orion
17. A Puzzling Combination
18. Darkness Falls Eps 1-2
19. Taste My Full Arsenal
20. Taste My Arsenal

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @FunCrow!

Thank you everyone who participated in June and a big thanks to everyone who turned up for the Bad Dream Animation Jam.

Bad Dream judging is still in progress but in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated if everyone could watch and vote on as many entries as possible! One of the judging slots is the audience score. A lot of these entries deserve way more views, too!

We'll be announcing the theme of our third summer animation jam on Monday, July 16th; the day after the 1930s Robot Jam ends.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 11:27:00

Been waiting for Robot Day for a long time. Go Robots.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

how the hell did Nightmare Cops not win 1st place wtf RECOUNT (Sonic Vs. Pooh also deserves 1st place just as much)

but also congrats to all those other toons that got monthly top 5, and congrats to everyone who got something done for the Bad Dream jam round!

AND HAPPY ROBOT DAY

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Happy Robot Day! I added my work on this occasion about 2 weeks ago, "Solo: a movie that we did not want" themed ;)
JamesLee's new movie is great!

This was a real good month for movies.

HAPPY ROBOT DAY!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 12:10:33

Oh wow I'm kinda early! Happy Robot Day, everyone, and congrats to all the winners! Not that many of my votes made it into the top five, but I'm happy to know I helped some of my favorites, at least a little bit. It's also not like the winners were undeserving. I'm sure they all had a lot of work put into them, and they're all great. The Bad Dream Jam was also a blast! It was so cool to watch the entries roll in. It was like review heaven because there was so much great stuff, and the Portal was filled to the brim with new submissions, which were all pretty good. It was also cool to see how everyone switched it up and how they all put their own spins of it. There was so much originality! All in all, a great month for NG. I've seen some Robot Day and 1930's Robot Jam entries so far, and it's pretty nice. Happy Robot Day again, everyone!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 12:34:33

At 7/10/18 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Shout out to FL!P for being my son's favorite game of the month.

Cute.

If I should ever vanish without a trace, assume until proven otherwise that olskoo banned me due to penis envy.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 12:37:59

Wait a minute. Is this a new site skin!? I'm mostly on mobile, so I'm not really sure, but this was changed today, right? It looks super cool! I mean, I've never seen a skin that wasn't great, but I still have to say it.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 13:48:03

At 7/10/18 12:37 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: Wait a minute. Is this a new site skin!? I'm mostly on mobile, so I'm not really sure, but this was changed today, right? It looks super cool! I mean, I've never seen a skin that wasn't great, but I still have to say it.

Yup, new site skin by @FuShark. The forums are on the old layout and running an older skin, though, if anyone is confused.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 14:45:02

@FuShark 's skin is awesome and it is an honor to have one of my characters included! These jams have gotten me back into animating so thanks for the themes Tom!

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 15:42:59

Happy Robot day and congrats to all the winners! And the art by Fushark looks fucking awesome and it's really cool to see one of my characters in it too!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 15:55:42

Good job on the banner @fushark !

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 17:14:18

AAAAAA
thank you all who voted for my cartoon : D

Animator and artist, the same one who draws robot tiddy.

I've got a webcomic, you should check it out

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 19:13:59

As a robot, this day is very important to me.

I plan on sparing several of you humans when the synths take over newgrounds in approximately 4 years.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-10 22:00:30

At 7/10/18 09:03 PM, vegetto3230 wrote: this is the first robot day on NG?

Nope, this is the 8th believe it or not! The first Robot Day was in 2010 (https://www.newgrounds.com/collection/robotday2010)

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-11 01:40:37

Congrats to the winners and all the participants! And Happy Robot Day!

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-11 08:34:46

At 7/10/18 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Shout out to FL!P for being my son's favorite game of the month.

Woo

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-12 15:23:25

Congrats to the winners!!

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-12 20:58:52

Very nice stuff that comes from this day.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-13 23:23:55

Here is my gift to robot day's success sophia the AGI robot :2 sprayed on

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

I’m so glad that "Hiro the Dense" made it to number one. I was one of the voters in this and I picked "A Life Without Facebook;" for number one instead of "Hiro the Dense;" but after I submit my votes, I changed my mind. I wanted to be vice versa but now I’m happy that it did. Congratulations to ZedrinBot!

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-16 08:50:44

Really cool stuff, congrats everyone! Keep up the hard work and keep being creative! ^_^

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-07-16 23:40:41

At 7/16/18 08:50 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Really cool stuff, congrats everyone! Keep up the hard work and keep being creative! ^_^

That is true. We had many great animations during June. Robot Day was also really active this year.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best of June & Happy Robot Day! 2018-10-21 15:49:47

Pretty belated Congrats to the winners! And Happy Robot Day!

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature