00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1001 NG movies you must watch

5,674 Views | 78 Replies

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2012-10-23 12:15:45

this is epic

this is a good example of a mario parody

accurate representation of smiley central

this is one of the best pop up movies because rather than simply spam the screen with ads it makes the pop ups look like there plotting against us , which is amusing
whereas many pop up movies show a thousand ads and its over

very well thought out lines of dialogue

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2012-10-23 15:31:08

Wut wut

$imlunchboxx

Buy ImLunchboxx dm me NOW!

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2012-10-23 16:46:11

At 10/23/12 03:31 PM, ImlunchBoxx wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/454086

Since we're posting Clock Crew music videos...

I'll just leave this here...

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2012-10-23 17:28:49

Click my sig to see my awesome youtube videos. I guarentee you'll like them or you can fuck my cats.

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-03-16 03:16:33

Man keeping track of this shit is harder then it looks. Can anyone give me a hand in mainting a list of how many we got so far?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-03-16 08:38:11

At 3/16/13 03:16 AM, Wegra wrote: Man keeping track of this shit is harder then it looks. Can anyone give me a hand in mainting a list of how many we got so far?

I could go through the topic later on, add all links to a txt file and kill dupes automatically, then post. Shouldn't be too difficult. Would be easier to do once there are at least more than a thousand of these posted, though.

Anyway, here's a quick contribution. Not sure how many/if any of these have been mentioned already:

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-06-02 20:38:50

At 3/16/13 08:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/16/13 03:16 AM, Wegra wrote:

I'm going to also make a list for flash games too. Maybe Audio and Art when I feel like it.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-06-02 21:40:41

Well, some of my favourite flashes that are worth a watch:

I think that was one of the first flashes I favourited. Anyone who watched it and has a heart will agree with me that it is incredibly touching. Will always be one of my favorite flashes of all time.

The whole series is nice - this one however is for me the best of them, it brought the series on a whole new level. The 3 parts before were all building up to this one - which makes it even more heartbreaking than it already is.

I remember seeing this under judgement. It moved me since I know the pain of losing a pet - though I saw my cat slowly dying due to old age. In a way, time pressured me in a similiar way like the person in the flash.

Something uplifting to mix it up again. Again, cats. This one has a wonderful soundtrack - and the cats are just incredibly cute! The story is funny too. If you haven't seen it, do so now.

Probably the best flash on Newgrounds when you take the aspects story, animation and music in account. What makes this one special though is that it made me think about where our society is going. It left a mark on me and that can't be said about many flashes.

Now some games:

This game - I wanted to keep the medals that I earned and made a Newgrounds account. Thus, I like this game the most although there are some games that are more fun to play. No Toss the Turtle and I probably wouldn't have joined Newgrounds.

Another flash from SpikeVallentine. It seems like a simple hidden object game at first but the amount of details is astonishing, and the game is followed by nice animations inbetween that once again tell a touching story. This flash combines animation and gameplay perfectly.

This counts also for the prequel, Burrito Bison. Gameplay wise similiar to Toss The Turtle. However, I liked it more because of the amazing looking style and a more balanced upgrade system.

First one is not a game but just to have the series posted together here. PuffballsUnited created a series with tons of decisions, funny fails and tons of references to other games, movies etc. Awesome gameplay, replay value and very funny. Probably the best game series on Newgrounds.

Just the latest addition, again I am talking about the whole series. The best fantasy RPG game that I played on this site with more hours of gameplay than some full price titles. Those games have everything and matt-likes-swords hopefully will continue to make more games.

Not a game but all the interviews of TheInterviewer brought into one flash, that gets updated once another interview is posted. This flash is a nice way for newer users to read about Newgrounds history and most iconic artists. I want to thank all members of TheInterviewer for all their work over the years and also helping me with my interviews with forum users.

I love WarioWare games. And I was so happy when I stumbled upon this charm! If you like WarioWare games, then you will also like this game. If you don't know either, then play all of them, now!

Evil-Dog is without a doubt a genius and though I like his game Road of the Dead, this one is in my opinion his better creation. It is strange how you feel attached to the Zombie the more you make experimets with it - I teared up when the Zombie showed signs of human emotions. This flash will make you think.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-06-02 21:53:41

Links Quest for Ass 1 and 2 should be on here.

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-06-02 22:41:11

At 6/5/12 09:10 PM, Wegra wrote: Yeah so I've been reading these 1001 before you die book series and I do like a lot of these choices for said catagories so then it kinda just hit me what if we compiled a list of flash movies on Newgrounds that have stood the test of time to this day ranging from all genres old and new or some that are so bad there worth a watch, famous, underrated you name it.

Just a random thought that came by what do you guys think?

Hell maybe even an Audio,Art and Games thing too while we're at it

My thought is it would be nice to have a list of some of the best movies, sortable by comedy or not-comedy. It's very rare that a comedy video on NG makes me laugh. Most of the time they just bore or annoy me.

Occasionally they make me laugh hard. But it seems like with a stupid audience all you have to do is be crass or make references to pop culture/video games to get rated high.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2013-06-02 22:42:11

At 6/5/12 09:10 PM, Wegra wrote: Yeah so I've been reading these 1001 before you die book series and I do like a lot of these choices for said catagories so then it kinda just hit me what if we compiled a list of flash movies on Newgrounds that have stood the test of time to this day ranging from all genres old and new or some that are so bad there worth a watch, famous, underrated you name it.

Just a random thought that came by what do you guys think?

Hell maybe even an Audio,Art and Games thing too while we're at it

My thought is it would be nice to have a list of some of the best movies, sortable by comedy or not-comedy. It's very rare that a comedy video on NG makes me laugh. Most of the time they just bore or annoy me.

Occasionally they make me laugh hard. But it seems like with a stupid audience all you have to do is be crass or make references to pop culture/video games to get rated high.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2017-03-29 23:40:54

I'm looking back at some old threads of mine and Its a shame i never finished this. And its been 4 years since then so I'd like suggestions with movies from 2014-2017

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1001 NG movies you must watch 2017-03-30 00:59:31

Great idea, actually.

Considering average movie is 90 minutes long, watching 1001 movies would require you to invest around 62.5 days of your life in total, which is roughly 2 months, which is approx 1/420 of your life if we assume you will live 70 years. Assuming that average human life is worth around 1,000,000 USD we can calculate, that watching all those movies you actually invest around 2381 bucks to watch those (considering lifespan of 70 years), and that's just value of time you spend.

Edit: Oh, it's NG movies. In that case let's assume average of 4 minutes per movie. That gives us roughly 2,8 days in total and would be much fuckin' cheaper.