00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of February 2021!

20,544 Views | 33 Replies
Respond to this Topic

We’re currently raising prize money for Pico Day on May 1st, check out that post for details.

We’re also hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with over $6k in prizes. Six days left!

Judging for the Flash Forward Jam is in progress and we’re planning a @TheNewgroundsPodcast broadcast this Thursday at 7pm EST to talk about the event.

Scheduled publishing has been added to the project system for movies, games and audio. You'll see it at the bottom of the form if you have the necessary details entered for publishing. Let us know if anything doesn't work as intended! This will come to art when art comes to the project system.

Your selections for the Best of February have been determined!

Top Five Animation

The top animation based on original material and winner of $250 is ENA. Congrats, @JoelG!

Top Five Games

The top three games based on original material each receive $100. Congrats @sarnyoger, @midnightmaren, @matt-likes-swords and everyone who helped! I skipped over Drop Cannon but am very happy that people liked it.

The top three original games of March will also receive $100 each, thanks to our ongoing game prize sponsors, @AnonymousAlchemist, @Manderby and @53xy83457.

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

6. Let Her Know (Or Something)

7. The Birds and The Bees

8. Apple Kid Good Boi

9. Little Wolf: The Night Trail

10. Far-Fetched - Night Of The Cute Feast (Proof Of Concept)

11. Link in Mario Maker 2

12. Friday Knight Crashin'

13. Mojo Oh No

14. WEEK TWO

15. Lego Batman - Origin

16. Have A Heart!

17. Calvin & Hobbes Catnap

18. Friday Night Fearing (FNF Animation)

19. THE NAKED STRANGER with Cocko and Gallagher

20. Chalk It Up To Starvation

21. Super Annoyed Mario 64

22. TWITTER RICH

23. Gatekeepers

24. Godzilla vs. Kong

25. Fondling Meno

26. RESIDENT EVIL: MOMMY

27. SONIC IS SPEED

28. Breath of the Lovers

29. Every Among Us Game EVER 3!

30. TD-Want You Bad

Runner-Up Games

6. SELF

7. Skeletons and Skulls

8. Fateless

9. Throw Rocks At Shit GOTY Edition

10. The Behemoth Mural Collab

11. Polarity Switch

12. Super Raft Boat

13. Tonight we hunt Revenge

14. Match-Off

15. ROBO-GO!

16. Descent (2021)

17. Souls Rest

18. Push The Box

19. Alpha_Zero

20. Patetfiske

21. Seven

22. Spinny Discs

23. Jaded Slasher

24. Stupid House

25. Midnight Cartridge

26. Capuchin Centauri: Station Cohabitation

27. hunter with a top hat

28. Basically Warzone 3D (CoD Warzone Parody)

29. Randy Learns Science

30. Heck House - A Chilluminati Adventure

I recommend taking some time to check out as many winners and runner-ups as possible. There were lots of great movies and games last month.

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @Psyco86!

Be sure to check out the Top Featured Art and Top Featured Audio of February, as well.

Thank you everyone who participated in February! This is shaping up to be a big year for NG.

I’d also like to take a moment to thank everyone who continues to Support Newgrounds. When there is so much cool stuff happening here month after month, it can be easy to assume everything is covered on the back-end. Our revenue doesn’t directly correlate with traffic, however, since the majority of the site runs without ads. Your support allows NG to survive and grow while also evolving away from the ad-supported model, which no longer works for us in the age of hyper-tracking and personalized ads. If you’re ever wondering if NG needs more paying supporters, the answer is: always!

Thanks for reading! Next up will likely be the Flash Forward Jam winners.

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribute!

iu_254109_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 10:53:00

Congrats to the winners!

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 11:09:00

Congratulations to this month's winners! I enjoyed a lot of the stuff listed here.

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 11:16:58

Lots of great stuff this month.

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 11:20:37 (edited 2021-03-08 11:21:32)

The top three games based on original material each receive $100. Congrats @sarnyoger, @midnightmaren, @matt-likes-swords and everyone who helped! I skipped over Drop Cannon but am very happy that people liked it.

BOOOO DROP CANNON GOT SHAFTED AARGH

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 11:38:07

I'ma big dummy and have to remember to vote each month.

Let Her Know (Or Something) was phenomenal.

Congrats to Joel for pumping out a 16 minute animation with the charm of an old school RPG acid trip, too.

At 3/8/21 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Judging for the Flash Forward Jam is in progress and we’re planning a @TheNewgroundsPodcast broadcast this Thursday at 7pm EST to talk about the event.

Really excited for this :v

*xin laugh*

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 12:01:25

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 12:02:28

Another month, another lovely lineup of games! Crazy to see and play so many flash games in this day and age, all courtesy of the Flash Forward Jam and emulation like Ruffle! Really brought a tear to my old eye, and so many of the entries weren't just nostalgia grabs: they were legit good new creations!

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 12:48:31

Judging in progress and a new project system feature? How exciting!

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 13:32:57 (edited 2021-03-08 13:34:02)

Congrats to the winners!

Arcane Maiden gives the vibe of a lost treasure from the Flash days. A game like that back in the day would easily be a several million view behemoth. I hope there's a day when things like that could happen again for free web games.

It's literally always a pleasure to see @KimiOmega put out a new Kirby Guardians anim. His talent for animation is so incredibly stylish, not many animators are confident enough to throw out the sort of editing effects he does with the multiple cameras-on-screen shots that give his works so much style :0 I hope his work inspires people to try some weird shit with their animation cinematography, I'm seeing more and more of it and I know it's not, like, entirely a new concept, but seeing solo animators just go for it and with that sort of style and polish is inspiring af

Super Raft Boat is an incredible game by a friend of mine from the Boston scene. I've seen @JasoonMargoon keep chugging with better and better games each time he posts. It's really great to see Super Raft Boat get the sorta love it deserves now!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 14:27:39

Congratulations to the winners!

I voted much more games this month as the outcome of the Flash Forward Jam has been a joy! I know, it is still a long way to go, but I am totally looking forward to another series of Flash games, when AS 3 is supported!

But the word has been spread. Gaming with Flash AS2 is possible and it is great what one can do is so little time! Kudos to all!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 16:53:44

At 3/8/21 01:32 PM, squidly wrote: Arcane Maiden gives the vibe of a lost treasure from the Flash days. A game like that back in the day would easily be a several million view behemoth. I hope there's a day when things like that could happen again for free web games.

This hits right there in the feelz. Wish I had this (mediocre) skills back in the day.

Never would have thought Arcane Maiden would reach top 5, but here we are. Major shootout to @Hyenaedon (and crew) for the awesome soundtracks! Thanks to everyone who voted for it, and congrats to everyone else!

Flash Forward Jam was a big opportunity to share this project, I'm glad it was so well received! I can't remember the last time I tweened animation on Flash. This sure lit some almost lost passion for this kind of thing.

Thank you Newgrounds and the Team behind Ruffle.rs. Hope we can repeat next year.

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 18:20:56 (edited 2021-03-08 18:21:11)

Congrats to all the amazing creators and their creations.

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-08 21:53:14

Judging for the Flash Forward Jam is in progress and we’re planning a @TheNewgroundsPodcast broadcast this Thursday at 7pm EST to talk about the event.

How exactly does judging work? Is it based off the vote score?

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 03:29:50

At 3/8/21 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Scheduled publishing has been added to the project system for movies, games and audio. You'll see it at the bottom of the form if you have the necessary details entered for publishing. Let us know if anything doesn't work as intended! This will come to art when art comes to the project system.

I probably procrastinate way too much for me to take advantage of this but holy fuck does this make me moist.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 05:14:12

Thank you so much, Tom! I can't believe I won something. It only took 18 years! 😂

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 07:53:36

At 3/8/21 09:53 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:
How exactly does judging work? Is it based off the vote score?

It's deliberated internally, although audience feedback can help in the process.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 13:22:53

Great work guys!!! I wish i knew how to draw

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 15:32:15

At 3/8/21 01:32 PM, squidly wrote: Super Raft Boat is an incredible game by a friend of mine from the Boston scene. I've seen @JasoonMargoon keep chugging with better and better games each time he posts. It's really great to see Super Raft Boat get the sorta love it deserves now!

Yo thanks!

Bash some clouds, eat some pizza, and have a good one

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 16:16:37

At 3/8/21 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’re currently raising prize money for Pico Day on May 1st, check out that post for details.

We’re also hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with over $6k in prizes. Six days left!

Scheduled publishing has been added to the project system for movies, games and audio. You'll see it at the bottom of the form if you have the necessary details entered for publishing. Let us know if anything doesn't work as intended! This will come to art when art comes to the project system.

Your selections for the Best of February have been determined!

Top Five Animation

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/781225
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/782464
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/781053
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/780641
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/781181

The top animation based on original material and winner of $250 is ENA. Congrats, @JoelG!

Top Five Games

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/780830
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/781381
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/782567
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/782181
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/781153

The top three original games of March will also receive $100 each, thanks to our ongoing game prize sponsors, @AnonymousAlchemist, @Manderby and @53xy83457.

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

6. Let Her Know (Or Something)
7. The Birds and The Bees
8. Apple Kid Good Boi
9. Little Wolf: The Night Trail
10. Far-Fetched - Night Of The Cute Feast (Proof Of Concept)
11. Link in Mario Maker 2
12. Friday Knight Crashin'
13. Mojo Oh No
14. WEEK TWO
15. Lego Batman - Origin
16. Have A Heart!
17. Calvin & Hobbes Catnap
18. Friday Night Fearing (FNF Animation)
19. THE NAKED STRANGER with Cocko and Gallagher
20. Chalk It Up To Starvation
21. Super Annoyed Mario 64
22. TWITTER RICH
23. Gatekeepers
24. Godzilla vs. Kong
25. Fondling Meno
26. RESIDENT EVIL: MOMMY
27. SONIC IS SPEED
28. Breath of the Lovers
29. Every Among Us Game EVER 3!
30. TD-Want You Bad

Runner-Up Games

6. SELF
7. Skeletons and Skulls
8. Fateless
9. Throw Rocks At Shit GOTY Edition
10. The Behemoth Mural Collab
11. Polarity Switch
12. Super Raft Boat
13. Tonight we hunt Revenge
14. Match-Off
15. ROBO-GO!
16. Descent (2021)
17. Souls Rest
18. Push The Box
19. Alpha_Zero
20. Patetfiske
21. Seven
22. Spinny Discs
23. Jaded Slasher
24. Stupid House
25. Midnight Cartridge
26. Capuchin Centauri: Station Cohabitation
27. hunter with a top hat
28. Basically Warzone 3D (CoD Warzone Parody)
29. Randy Learns Science
30. Heck House - A Chilluminati Adventure

I recommend taking some time to check out as many winners and runner-ups as possible. There were lots of great movies and games last month.

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @Psyco86!

Be sure to check out the Top Featured Art and Top Featured Audio of February, as well.

Thank you everyone who participated in February! This is shaping up to be a big year for NG.

I’d also like to take a moment to thank everyone who continues to Support Newgrounds. When there is so much cool stuff happening here month after month, it can be easy to assume everything is covered on the back-end. Our revenue doesn’t directly correlate with traffic, however, since the majority of the site runs without ads. Your support allows NG to survive and grow while also evolving away from the ad-supported model, which no longer works for us in the age of hyper-tracking and personalized ads. If you’re ever wondering if NG needs more paying supporters, the answer is: always!

Thanks for reading! Next up will likely be the Flash Forward Jam winners.

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribute!

Big congrats to @KimiOmega, you made it

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 18:39:56

At 3/8/21 12:02 PM, FuturecopLGF wrote: Another month, another lovely lineup of games! Crazy to see and play so many flash games in this day and age, all courtesy of the Flash Forward Jam and emulation like Ruffle! Really brought a tear to my old eye, and so many of the entries weren't just nostalgia grabs: they were legit good new creations!

Respect on still keeping up with these! Always fun to see too.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 18:40:40

At 3/9/21 01:22 PM, Kieran wrote: Great work guys!!! I wish i knew how to draw

It's a know-how possible to attain via trying to. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-09 21:39:00

At 3/9/21 06:40 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/9/21 01:22 PM, Kieran wrote: Great work guys!!! I wish i knew how to draw
It's a know-how possible to attain via trying to. ;)

when i get a proper laptop ill learn to draw

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-10 04:53:30

At 3/9/21 09:39 PM, Kieran wrote: when i get a proper laptop ill learn to draw

Looking forward to that day; seeing what kind of creative makes you take on things then!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-10 07:30:13

At 3/10/21 04:53 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/9/21 09:39 PM, Kieran wrote: when i get a proper laptop ill learn to draw
Looking forward to that day; seeing what kind of creative makes you take on things then!

yea, ive got some ideas

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-11 14:09:40

At 3/8/21 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Scheduled publishing has been added to the project system for movies, games and audio. You'll see it at the bottom of the form if you have the necessary details entered for publishing. Let us know if anything doesn't work as intended! This will come to art when art comes to the project system.

Oh I would love this for News Posts! Would make a lot of stuff easier on my end. This is awesome though in case someone is finishing their piece and want it posted while they're away on vacation or something.

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-12 09:11:04

how do I cuddle with Boyfriend?

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-12 09:49:10

bruh i think you bias with drop cannon since you made it

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-17 05:31:13

Congrats to all of the winners.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2021! 2021-03-17 06:27:47

At 3/17/21 05:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Congrats to all of the winners.

What this guy said! ;)

BBS Signature