00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Crowdfunding

21,430 Views | 99 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day

Pico Day will be on Saturday, May 1st this year!

Pico Day was originally suggested by @Galloglasses, given a date by @Mogly and organized in the forums in 2006 by @Luis as a day to celebrate Newgrounds, with people making movies, games, art and music based on the in-house characters. We made it an official event and over the years have encouraged people to expand with fan-works celebrating everything here on NG, not just old in-house characters like Pico and Tankmen.

Last year Pico Day was scaled down to an art contest but this year we're reintroducing prizes in the traditional categories.

This is where we need your help! If you’d like to see a big turnout for Pico Day, please make a donation via our Supporter form and PM me to let me know it’s for Pico Day. Let me know if you want it to go towards a specific category: art, animation, games or music.

Newgrounds continues to operate ad-free for everyone on the majority of the site, which means we’re completely dependent on support from the community to fund events like this.

A more formal Pico Day post will be made once we have a better idea what the prizes will be! All sponsors will be documented as well.

Funkin’ Jam

We’re currently hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with over $6k in prizes!

Flash Forward Jam

Our Flash Forward Jam wrapped up last week and judging is in progress. The entries in this jam are so great that we will definitely need to do this again in the future. NG is running Flash games in the browser thanks to @Mike and the team at Ruffle.rs, an open-source Flash emulator built with Rust.

Valentine’s Day Contest Results

Winners of the Valentine’s Day Writing Contest have been announced!

The top three stories are:

Seas Away by @Supertoria12

London Calling by @Gagsy

Star Crossed Lovers by @Adam-Beilgard

Thank you everyone who participated, @SevenSaysNoToDrugs for hosting, @GoryBlizzard for helping with judging and congrats to the winners!

@Xinxinix has also announced winners for the Sexiest Outfit and Concept of Love Contests! 

Community News

@TheInterviewer has posted a new Interview with squeakytoad.

Also don’t miss this week’s edition of The Tank Tribune.

Madness fans won’t want to miss this new movie by @MANtikora!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 11:43:48

I don't even know what to make for Pico day.

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 11:51:10

At 3/5/21 11:43 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I don't even know what to make for Pico day.

A pico clock crew animation

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 12:29:25 (edited 2021-03-05 12:30:18)

Hope the prize pool really floods here, as it seems to be doin' for so many other events recently...

Looking forward to the Flash Jam winner reveals, to more yearly editions of ditto and to a lot more jammin' overall! Good things goin' on here lately. Don't know if I knew Luis was the true originator of that grand event of homage and humble origination celebration either. Still learning every day here.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 12:32:50

I'm working on a spoken word project that'll be a tribute to NG. I guess I could ultimately submit it for Pico Day! :D would it be okay if I submit it as "music" Tom? There may not be a lot of VAs putting something together for a spoken word category, but maybe this could count for the music category?

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 12:34:12

Also! If anyone is creating an animation for Pico Day and you need voices, hit me up! :D

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 12:59:07

At 3/5/21 12:32 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote: I'm working on a spoken word project that'll be a tribute to NG. I guess I could ultimately submit it for Pico Day! :D would it be okay if I submit it as "music" Tom? There may not be a lot of VAs putting something together for a spoken word category, but maybe this could count for the music category?

Give it a shot!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 13:03:01

At 3/5/21 11:51 AM, MrFlipside wrote:
At 3/5/21 11:43 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I don't even know what to make for Pico day.
A pico clock crew animation

Hey man, that's what I'm making.

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 13:41:44

I’ll try to participate this year.

Jesus Christ is awesome B) and so are you (as long as you love your neighbors as you love yourself <3)

This website is my favorite place on the Internet lol

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 14:00:17

Congrats to the V-Day winners again.

Hopefully we can get some more quality writing of anything in for Pico Day too.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 14:47:28

@luis !!!! wtf dude???

"Being a pimple on Newgrounds' ass since 2018."

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 14:49:59

I had to do research to find the true origin of pico day. It was this thread (below), so technically @Gallowglasses came up with the original idea of giving pico more press, then i expanded it to the whole community rather than the game dev community.

That was kind of fun researching it. The more you know.

First post btw.

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/419702

None

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 15:00:14

I gotchu fam.

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 15:03:53

At 3/5/21 02:49 PM, Luis wrote: I had to do research to find the true origin of pico day. It was this thread (below), so technically @Gallowglasses came up with the original idea of giving pico more press, then i expanded it to the whole community rather than the game dev community.

First post btw.

Ahhh I had this feeling there was more there, I'll add that to the Pico Day 2006 collection page.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 15:05:12

At 3/5/21 02:49 PM, Luis wrote: I had to do research to find the true origin of pico day. It was this thread (below), so technically @Gallowglasses came up with the original idea of giving pico more press, then i expanded it to the whole community rather than the game dev community.

First post btw.

Oh doi I did have that in the Pico Day 2006 collection... Just not the link to that first thread. Updating now.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 15:43:44

Well, if I don't procrastinate, I'm might try to do something this year.

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 15:58:09 (edited 2021-03-05 15:58:35)

pico day

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 17:31:53

Ready to 2D animation fer Pico Day (Funkin ideas still roaring and racing).

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 17:40:51

First post btw.

Man, I remember 2006... what ever happened to @Inglor?

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 19:35:12

At 3/5/21 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Pico Day

Pico Day was originally suggested by @Galloglasses, given a date by @Mogly and organized in the forums in 2006 by @Luis as a day to celebrate Newgrounds, with people making movies, games, art and music based on the in-house characters. We made it an official event and over the years have encouraged people to expand with fan-works celebrating everything here on NG, not just old in-house characters like Pico and Tankmen.

Last year Pico Day was scaled down to an art contest but this year we're reintroducing prizes in the traditional categories.

This is where we need your help! If you’d like to see a big turnout for Pico Day, please make a donation via our Supporter form and PM me to let me know it’s for Pico Day. Let me know if you want it to go towards a specific category: art, animation, games or music.

Newgrounds continues to operate ad-free for everyone on the majority of the site, which means we’re completely dependent on support from the community to fund events like this.

A more formal Pico Day post will be made once we have a better idea what the prizes will be! All sponsors will be documented as well.

Funkin’ Jam

We’re currently hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with over $6k in prizes!

Flash Forward Jam

Our Flash Forward Jam wrapped up last week and judging is in progress. The entries in this jam are so great that we will definitely need to do this again in the future. NG is running Flash games in the browser thanks to @Mike and the team at Ruffle.rs, an open-source Flash emulator built with Rust.

London Calling by @Gagsy

Thank you everyone who participated, @SevenSaysNoToDrugs for hosting, @GoryBlizzard for helping with judging and congrats to the winners!

@Xinxinix has also announced winners for the Sexiest Outfit and Concept of Love Contests! 

Community News

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/783181

Time to redraw that Pico & Friends picture I made so many years, and add it something new! But this it's will be a surprise when the Pico Day started on May 1st! ( = ^ w ^ = )

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 20:25:17

YES A NEW PICO DAY

[ welcome to the twisted reality ]

[ TZX0 ]

[ youtube | twitter | tumblr ]

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-05 20:33:46

Funkin’ Jam

Flash Forward Jam

London Calling by @Gagsy

Community News

Ill make an animation :)

we do a little trollin

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 00:35:08

I'd love to make something for Pico Day, got this real cool idea for a cartoon in my head I'd like to get done!

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 00:52:48

At 3/5/21 02:00 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Congrats to the V-Day winners again.

Hopefully we can get some more quality writing of anything in for Pico Day too.

This sounds like a great time! Another themed writing challenge.

Looking forward to this year’s Pico Day 🙌

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 01:12:13

Hey, anybody having trouble seeing the Ruffle content in Chrome? Safari / Firefox works fine for me...

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 02:39:01 (edited 2021-03-06 02:40:14)

Funkin’ Jam

Flash Forward Jam

London Calling by @Gagsy

Community News

I've made piconjo vs Pico drawings, they're not on ng, there's a reason why

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 05:26:59

Flash Forward Jam

How long will judging take?

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 06:42:46

i was making a pico day cartoon but i kinda lost some steem

ill post the fla file somewhere just cause why not

breaking bad is so good, I've become a meth lord during my hiatus.

click on the picture to buy sum sweet crystal

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 07:44:46

Boy i cannot wait, i have been cooking up something big (animation wise) for the event.

Response to Pico Day Crowdfunding 2021-03-06 15:46:53

This is gonna be the first Pico Day I'm actually gonna participate in so Imma make my submission extra special. Hopefully.