00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hudsonboss13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters

32,938 Views | 417 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 02:08:22

i cant get my entry done...i have to go out of town for a week or so...but if there is an extension then i could get it done when i get back....if not then thanks to the people that tried to help me out with my "art"

this job sucks but it pays

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 05:25:05

see what i can rip out =)

Willva Films

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 06:02:42

Aww i just found out about this today, and the deadline is Friday and i have work all week :(

I would have definitely made something for this if i'd had known before. Well, maybe i can knoick something up by Friday.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 07:41:40

At 4/28/09 06:02 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Aww i just found out about this today, and the deadline is Friday and i have work all week :(

I would have definitely made something for this if i'd had known before. Well, maybe i can knoick something up by Friday.

We might end up getting an extension - so check back here in case we end up getting one!

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 10:26:05

At 4/28/09 12:07 AM, sucho wrote:
At 4/27/09 10:48 PM, MindChamber wrote:
i admit sucking at colour, composition, shading, and style.

No ones talking about that, were talking about anatomy.

probably due to these constraints, i don't have time to spend making examples to illustrate every post i make for these little point-counterpoints we have.

well you alway seem to always have time for these counter points, even when Im trying to give advice that wasn't addressed to you. if you gonna counter what I say, don't turn around and tell me you don't have time to defend your position.

i took your original comment at face value. just because you decide to elaborate now on the differences of "stylized anatomy" vs textbook doesn't mean i'm incorrect.

"if you are using the human form, then its important regardless of art style,
an extra long wrist, no neck, detracts from the image and basically kills the art no matter how fancy, stylized or detailed."

That is what I said, before your post.

wrong,,, again,.

that is stylized anatomy, the bone structure and rips are all designed to have volume and shape of a real skeleton but with a stylized look, theres nothing flat, odd, or broken about that bone structure.

and it is what I said after, I didn't elaborate, merely repeated the same message.

i don't mind showing off better artists either.

neither do I, but when you make a false statement like;

"i dunno... art for most purposes, has aesthetic value only. if you know how to use colour and shade pleasingly, i think its more forgiving than really good anatomy"

......, it would kinda help your position if you didn't present an image with a strong foundation on the human anatomy,

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 13:03:21

Unblocked in china baby!!

little something im working on

yes i know its wrong, but ohh so funny

Drawing without thinking is just doodling, the brain and pen is connected.

PSN: SeoulSnake

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 13:07:29

At 4/28/09 01:03 PM, Ani-x wrote: Unblocked in china baby!!

Hahah FUCKIN WIN

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-28 17:16:24

At 4/28/09 12:59 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
Truly having style or stylizing something means INTENT was involved. Too often people disguise their short comings by calling it style, but it's not, it's a limitation of their ability that they're trying to crutch.

THANK YOU! I went to school for graphic design. But, I took some fundamentals classes. And I can't tell you the number of times I had this argument in critique. It's only right if it's a choice. And it shows. It's self evident.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 07:08:33

At 4/28/09 01:03 PM, Ani-x wrote: Unblocked in china baby!!

Oh Gawd... Why haven't I thought of something like that? I totally endorse that. ;D
Here's some sort of a W.I.P.... Just to testify that, If I don't get to the deadline, I tried at last.

I mean... Why I ALWAYS have to rush to the very last minute in these matters?!?

Somebdy wish me luck, I'm going to have a real hard node-tweaking afternoon.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 12:45:00

ay yo. put an extension on this beast yo. aight?

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 12:53:45

At 4/29/09 07:08 AM, BizarroJoe wrote:
Somebdy wish me luck, I'm going to have a real hard node-tweaking afternoon.

Good luck Joe! As soon as I found out about the idea for this contest I immediately thought that you would make a killer entry.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 14:02:26

Just submitted my take, hope you'll like it....

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 14:15:21

I'm running out of time so I just finished this quick. Anything glaringly wrong?

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 14:20:24

your stuffs not bad occluded, but could you add just a little life into the eyes? They're all staring directly off into space, emotionless.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 14:28:23

Pretty sure Pox is planning on extending the deadline, so... nobody panic! :P

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 15:28:42

THERE'S A ONE MONTH EXTENSION. AIGHT. SO YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 31ST AT MIDNIGHT, EST

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 15:46:58

mine sucks. i sent the wrong one... oh well i hope i win.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 16:18:03

Ok.. I might do just one more. I don't care if all three end up getting accepted or not - I just can't pass up an opportunity to draw pinups. o_o

sketch/linework: I think she needs a bit more junk in her trunk, mebbehs.

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 16:46:07

At 4/29/09 04:18 PM, CosmicDeath wrote: I think she needs a bit more junk in her trunk, mebbehs.

Noooo skinny bums are fine and normal!

The closest shoulder is flipping me out for some reason I can't work out. Too angular/dislocated?

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 17:19:51

At 4/29/09 03:28 PM, poxpower wrote: THERE'S A ONE MONTH EXTENSION. AIGHT. SO YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 31ST AT MIDNIGHT, EST

Thank you!

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 17:22:11

At 4/29/09 04:18 PM, CosmicDeath wrote: Ok.. I might do just one more. I don't care if all three end up getting accepted or not - I just can't pass up an opportunity to draw pinups. o_o

sketch/linework: I think she needs a bit more junk in her trunk, mebbehs.

Oh, I like the face

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 19:54:56

Ok I've uploaded mine!

I'm so glad I managed to get it in on time for the deadline. I can't work on deadline days on this site because I live over in England, so I get the times mixed up.

I am amazed at what other people have put together, and how it all seems to work. I'm doing a Diploma in Graphic design so I notice all the little tricks, ironicly, I had no idea what to put around the girl I drew, so I improvised a bit with it.

Good luck to everyone who's entered, I think I'm gonna need it too. =)

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 19:55:21

please delete my previous post
I'm a moron

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 20:12:43

At 4/29/09 07:55 PM, tmkunt wrote: please delete my previous post
I'm a moron

She is sexy

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 21:46:38

At 4/29/09 03:28 PM, poxpower wrote: THERE'S A ONE MONTH EXTENSION. AIGHT. SO YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 31ST AT MIDNIGHT, EST

Oh fuck yeah. Good, cuz then I can get my thing scanned and actually spend time on it once finals are over in a week.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 22:19:14

This is my first completed piece using only the wacom. I fixed up her eyes a bit. That look better?

Finished the background and final highlights on the figure. What with the extension I guess I have time to work on a third.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-29 22:43:12

At 4/29/09 10:19 PM, Occluded wrote: This is my first completed piece using only the wacom. I fixed up her eyes a bit. That look better?

Finished the background and final highlights on the figure. What with the extension I guess I have time to work on a third.

The coloring is really good but she looks very lifeless....

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-30 01:19:02

At 4/29/09 04:46 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
The closest shoulder is flipping me out for some reason I can't work out. Too angular/dislocated?

Hey yeah, I see what you mean. I'll bring it in a bit - it's kind of jutting out there! Thanx ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-30 18:06:01

Nice entry, Joe!

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-04-30 18:26:58

Hmm, now that the deadline is extended, I might aswell make good use of the time I have.

My main issue with my entry is the background design, and the rushed typography. Before I get straight to work, I'd like any advice on how I can improve this (No, I WONT strip the girl).