00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream Theater Crew

100,390 Views | 1,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2010-09-10 01:11:02

At 9/10/10 12:49 AM, MonkeyV wrote: Hi I'm not a member here, but can somebody please tell me that this is some kind of sick joke?

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/2010/09/dr eam-theater-loses-mike-portnoy-bands-say s-it-will-not-split.html

Sorry bro. It's no joke.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2010-09-17 21:41:05

Man, heard about Mike leaving earlier this week. Fuckin sucks. They still have it, and i think could have been churning out good albums for a while yet, but alas, it is not to be :(

After reading Mikes article about his retirement from the band, it's quite understandable. I do, however, hope that one day he will return. Even if it is in years to come.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-06-29 22:34:47

Time for a bump!

Mike Mangini is the new DT drummer, a new album is being released in september, DT are doing a europe tour this summer and here's a brand new song!

DISCUSS.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-06-30 08:53:35

At 8/24/10 12:55 PM, stanthedog wrote: Woah, not such a niche fan base as I thought! Dream Theatre is win!

I always found the fan base use to be pretty niche but I think people are finally catching on

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 14:07:12

Opinions on the new album? Anyone else heard it? I've only heard it once through, so i'll get back to ya! :D

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 14:41:40

At 9/8/11 02:07 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Opinions on the new album? Anyone else heard it? I've only heard it once through, so i'll get back to ya! :D

I haven't heard anything off it besides The Back Of Angels or whatever, which I thought was mih - the keyboards were the only thing about it that stood out to me. Haha

Seeing Dream Theater, with Trivium(LOLOL) opening, on october 10th in boston! :D

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 15:55:04

At 9/8/11 02:41 PM, AniMetal wrote: Seeing Dream Theater, with Trivium(LOLOL) opening, on october 10th in boston! :D

Fuck you :P

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 16:41:49

I am upset Periphery are supporting Dream Theater because I want to see Periphery but not Dream Theater, and it will be in a big arena with high ticket prices now. Do not want :(

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 17:11:56

At 9/8/11 04:41 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I am upset Periphery are supporting Dream Theater because I want to see Periphery but not Dream Theater, and it will be in a big arena with high ticket prices now. Do not want :(

Go.

That way you can see how much Periphery fucking suck and how much Dream Theater kick ass, ESPECIALLY live.

Legit, Dream Theater is easily one of the best live bands ever - and i'm not even that big of a DT fan.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-08 17:32:14

At 9/8/11 05:11 PM, AniMetal wrote: Legit, Dream Theater is easily one of the best live bands ever - and i'm not even that big of a DT fan.

You seem to enjoy them enough. :P As for the European tour, haven't listened to Periphery before but I should see Dream Theater at least once in my lifetime. I'm sure my friend will be up for seeing them in Manchester in February.

The new album that I pre-ordered ages ago has been shipped out today. The earliest I should get it is Saturday.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-09 07:58:12

This Deluxe Edition looks pretty sweet. A shame I don't have a record player xD

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-09 09:05:21

At 9/9/11 07:58 AM, Life-Stream wrote: This Deluxe Edition looks pretty sweet. A shame I don't have a record player xD

Meh, I only went with the standard version. The bonus tracks were only instrumental versions and I can live with just the standard version. At least Black Clouds & Silver Linings had covers. When it comes to pre-orders, I rarely go for the big stuff. Just the CD with possibly some bonus tracks will do for me. I don't play vinyls and considering the postage prices for them, I'd rather stick to CDs.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-09 12:03:03

At 9/8/11 05:11 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 9/8/11 04:41 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I am upset Periphery are supporting Dream Theater because I want to see Periphery but not Dream Theater, and it will be in a big arena with high ticket prices now. Do not want :(
Go.

That way you can see how much Periphery fucking suck and how much Dream Theater kick ass, ESPECIALLY live.

Legit, Dream Theater is easily one of the best live bands ever - and i'm not even that big of a DT fan.

The tickets are like £50 each, this is way wayyyyyyy outside my £20 boundary, are they really worth it.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-09 12:07:40

At 9/9/11 12:03 PM, SomaGuye wrote: The tickets are like £50 each, this is way wayyyyyyy outside my £20 boundary, are they really worth it.

I forgot to mention it is apparently all seated.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-09 12:15:30

50 FUCKING POUNDS?! That's slightly more than the ticket prices for Manowar in the UK in November as well as being more than Maiden for their UK tour this year. My friend isn't so sure about seeing them due to the extreme prices and my sister won't be happy about it either.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-11 10:22:40

I don't know how much 50 pounds converts to in american money, but the Dream Theater + Trivium show in boston next month is like, 40-90 bucks depending on the seat choice.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-11 10:38:16

At 9/11/11 10:22 AM, AniMetal wrote: I don't know how much 50 pounds converts to in american money, but the Dream Theater + Trivium show in boston next month is like, 40-90 bucks depending on the seat choice.

Using an exchange rate site gives me $79.40. May as well round it up to $80. The rear tickets for the show is around £37 and that certainly isn't cheaper than $40.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-11 11:02:28

At 9/11/11 10:38 AM, Bahamut wrote: Using an exchange rate site gives me $79.40. May as well round it up to $80. The rear tickets for the show is around £37 and that certainly isn't cheaper than $40.

I see. Looks like we're all getting fucked.

To be fair, dream theater shows ALWAYS range in prices.

When it's a festival, or back when it was the progressivenation tour, it would obviously be pricie. And when the Iron Maiden/Dream Theater tour happened in North America that was expensive as fuck. (The show nearest to me was like 80, 105 and 145 bucks respectively depending on which type of ticket you wanted)

But Dream Theater headline shows, outside of festivals and prognation, tend to be cheaper - I saw DT with Charred Walls Of The Damned in a standing venue last july on one of their few one off shows for only 45 bucks.

Maybe part of the reason the shows are so expensive is because it's been over a year since they last toured? Either way, prices are crazy.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-11 17:21:43

Meh, i wouldn't mind paying 100euros or so just to see them once. I gotta see em once in my life!

Big spender :P

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-14 06:58:06

After several listens, I can say that although it's a decent album overall, there are still some forgettable tracks. The better songs are Lost Not Forgotten, Bridges In the Sky and Outcry. Beneath the Surface has its moments for offering a non-typical album closer for Dream Theater. I'd say this is their weakest effort since Falling Into Infinity. That's not a bad thing, though since it suggests everything from SFAM through BC&SL are good or better.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2011-09-14 14:30:10

At 9/14/11 06:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: The better songs are Lost Not Forgotten, Bridges In the Sky and Outcry.

I really like Bridges in the sky and outcry, but I think my favourite on the album so far is Breaking all illusions.

I'd say this is their weakest effort since Falling Into Infinity. That's not a bad thing, though since it suggests everything from SFAM through BC&SL are good or better.

It's not their worst in my opinion, but as you say, it's definitely not their best either.