00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Age of Blamming is Nigh!

13,362 Views | 143 Replies

The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 03:52:22

For millennia, our fighting men and women have fought long and hard to protect these starry skies and our vast lands from the opposing forces! Newgrounds was once a land of pristine beauty and considered sacred ground by 7 people that shall remain unnamed and unloved.

But times have changed, brothers. Our forces slowed their pace, and lowered their standards. This was our first mistake. The collective population started to vote more favourably. 1s and 2s at first, but soon there was more and more degenerative excrement flooding the portal.

Ignoring this problem was our second mistake. Many have tried to sway the tides of fate and failed miserably. Some even got anti-shrines to mock their patheticness.

Your peers may tell you to ignore these words as well, they may tell you not to take heed, to disregard this pearl of wisdom and to continue saving any and almost every flash. I am here to tell you those days are over. The forces that be gave us the power to vote on flashes! For each man and woman to decide for themselves what stays and what goes. They gave us the power to govern a website full of sweet moves!

Brethren, listen to me. We must take charge! We must begin anew! You have the power, but only we can change history!

WE MUST BLAM THE INFIDELS!

The Age of Blamming is Nigh!

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 03:56:25

Well I have never made a flash, So i tend to be kind towards most people. But if you read some of my flash reviews I am also quite cruel.

This post was valuable.

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 03:56:33

At 3/1/09 03:53 AM, H-h-h-heliopios wrote: Stop posting.

No, McJ, keep posting thy truth! Please, continue.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:00:28

If everyone agree's that we are becoming soft on crap flashes, I will Decrease my crap flash acceptance and begin blamming most things.

This post was valuable.

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:07:20

As I believe Mal said in Wt/ht - You still get the blam points once Wade deletes the spam flash. So even if you attempted to blam it while it was in the portal and it passed still, when Wade gets through sorting out the shit, your points will come.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:10:24

At 3/1/09 04:07 AM, Gagsy wrote: As I believe

Definitely more than enough incentive to 0 crap.

Pretty much every single spam flash that has been submitted has been deleted sooner or later...

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:14:34

At 3/1/09 04:07 AM, Gagsy wrote: As I believe Mal said in Wt/ht - You still get the blam points once Wade deletes the spam flash. So even if you attempted to blam it while it was in the portal and it passed still, when Wade gets through sorting out the shit, your points will come.

All the more reason to let your inner viking loose! Be ruthless in your voting! Make new artists strive for greatness instead of settling for mediocrity!

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:26:50

At 3/1/09 03:56 AM, H-h-h-heliopios wrote: Damn, ran out of alts

so you're really both Minion777 and f0d?

or are you just jerking me off?

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:27:09

I'm a low level.
My votes do jack shit.

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:40:47

At 3/1/09 04:26 AM, homor wrote:
At 3/1/09 03:56 AM, H-h-h-heliopios wrote: Damn, ran out of alts
so you're really both Minion777 and f0d?

or are you just jerking me off?

Minion's inside me

I like passive-aggressive ban messages saying that I 'May get deleted'

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 04:56:37

I blam quite a bit more often than I do protect. You may not believe me about this due to the fact that I have more saves than blams, but my Protects to Blams ratio has dropped from 4.7 to 1.7 since January, and I'm not slowing down with my blamming. I feel that far too much shitty Flashes have been passing, and I want to help put a stop to this, despite the fact that my votes rarely make any difference.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:03:00

At 3/1/09 04:56 AM, mwmike wrote: I feel that far too much shitty Flashes have been passing, and I want to help put a stop to this, despite the fact that my votes rarely make any difference.

Amen brother! Alone we are helpless to change. It is only when we stand together that we can make a difference! Take up your arms and stand along side me my brothers, and we can vanquish this beast!

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:11:33

In 5 days Newgrounds will become 5x gayer than it already is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:26:25

Awaiting Chris Beer cameo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:34:56

At 3/1/09 05:32 AM, No36 wrote:
Ah, but it's still a contribution.
For example, my Voting power at the moment is 6.7. Yours is around 4.7. If we both voted 0 on a flash, that could count as someone with 11.4 Voting Power voting 0 on a flash. It all adds up.

And with my 11.09 voting power we'll be fucking laughing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:46:25

At 3/1/09 03:52 AM, McJesus wrote: Newgrounds was once a land of pristine beauty and considered sacred ground

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Oh hey, look. You actually got me to do something here. How about that!

STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME A RAGING BALL OF HATE LIKE YOURSELF CONFOUND IT

"Let's kick this mothafucka's ass all over dream land!"

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:50:13

At 3/1/09 03:52 AM, McJesus wrote: WE MUST BLAM THE INFIDELS!

Indeed, let the forces of evil consuming our community, unraveling the shadows within, distaining us in a distant darkness, meet a fiery death today. Shit begone.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 05:59:24

Is it just me or has this thread actually had a certain effect on the portal since it was made? It seems to me that more stuff is getting blammed now than it would usually be the case.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:29:49

At 3/1/09 05:59 AM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: Is it just me or has this thread actually had a certain effect on the portal since it was made? It seems to me that more stuff is getting blammed now than it would usually be the case.

About half of the things I just 0'd got blammed, so I'd say so. IF WE ALL PITCH IN, OUR PORTAL CAN BE A HAVEN FOR AWESOME ONCE AGAIN!!1

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:32:12

At 3/1/09 05:59 AM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: Is it just me or has this thread actually had a certain effect on the portal since it was made? It seems to me that more stuff is getting blammed now than it would usually be the case.

Since it was created I've gained 7 Blams and 1 protects, and although a higher percent of Flashes that have been coming in are being blammed today, it's nothing out of the ordinary. There's bound to be a torrent of shitty submissions being saved sometime today, as well. I hope this thread has effected the portal, though it's unlikely.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:33:06

I blam most things anyway, I'm no Flash artist but I know when something's been made shit.

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:37:10

I am seriously blaming almost everything now :O

This post was valuable.

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:39:47

i blam anything smaller than 1MB...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:40:21

How's this for a challenge then: get a blam on Clock Day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:41:42

At 3/1/09 06:40 AM, DonDuDonDon wrote: How's this for a challenge then: get a blam on Clock Day.

Actually stuff does still get blammed on Clock Day just not much obviously, seen it happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:42:29

At 3/1/09 06:40 AM, DonDuDonDon wrote: How's this for a challenge then: get a blam on Clock Day.

That should be pretty easy, since about 300 Clock Day Flashes are removed by the authors just a few days after they pass. There's usually about fifteen Flashes that are blammed as well, though you'd have to be lucky to catch them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 06:49:13

i really dont think its possible... i dont think a single blam goes on that day

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 07:17:52

Since it was created I've gained 7 Blams and 1 protects
I blam most things anyway
I am seriously blaming almost everything now :O
i blam anything smaller than 1MB...

Well done my brothers! Hold steady and we may turn the tables yet!

At 3/1/09 06:32 AM, mwmike wrote: I hope this thread has effected the portal, though it's unlikely.

This thread alone cannot save the portal, we must change the habits of the average citizen through what we can. Tell your friends and neighbours, tell them the words I have told you. Together we can win this war.

At 3/1/09 06:33 AM, mranarchy wrote: B-b-b-b-b-b-ut.....I'm a total stat whore :'(
Saves are like, totally more likely so HOW CAN I LEVEL UP D:

Get a hold of yourself, man! Levelling up is not and should not be our prime objective! Keeping a sturdy and healthy portal is above all else our main concern. Levelling up through blams and saves are secondary motives, our duty is to the portal foremost!

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 16:43:22

A higher amount of crappy submissions are being blammed than usual. I've gained forty blams today already, when I usually get no more than thirty with similar voting habits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Age of Blamming is Nigh! 2009-03-01 16:48:29

I've been doing this for a while, but I had no support! They keep on 5ing it! Help me out here.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.