00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lyokzi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters

32,937 Views | 417 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-21 20:24:55

At 5/21/09 05:34 PM, johnnycancer wrote:
At 5/21/09 05:25 PM, poxpower wrote: Almost done now...
I have to say I'm excited to watch what entries are going to come in at the last minute since that's when the surprises seem to happen with Newgrounds contests.

*cough* *cough* >.>;

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-22 03:14:35

25 days later and i just got home....now that im home i have to look for my damn pen for my tablet....find the bluetooth thing so i can connect my tablet and still have to sleep....maybe i can get this done later on today....if my roomate lost my pen and bluetooth thing then i have to buy another set of those....

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-22 03:20:11

At 5/22/09 03:14 AM, SmilingIdiot wrote: 25 days later and i just got home....now that im home i have to look for my damn pen for my tablet....find the bluetooth thing so i can connect my tablet and still have to sleep....maybe i can get this done later on today....if my roomate lost my pen and bluetooth thing then i have to buy another set of those....

I was starting to wonder if you were going to get it finished in time or not. Still plenty of time for you to make the deadline.

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-22 18:55:02

At 5/21/09 03:04 AM, smbhax wrote: I'd say she came out quite well! The smaller fonts are a little hard to read, but the drawing is sweet.
Thanks, I appreciate hearing that from you since you've got one of the best entries in the contest so far.

Man, that's generous of you, thanks. =) You've got *two* of the best, so there! =p

I think you're right that we'll see a flood of entries right up to the end. This is getting exciting!

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-23 10:19:16

There is still a week till deadline. I'm procrastinating like a motherfucker and plan do keep doing that. Mine will be done eventually.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-27 17:43:25

Holy moley... nearly last call. Where are these last minute submissions that people keep banging on about??

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-27 18:06:42

At 5/27/09 05:43 PM, CosmicDeath wrote: Holy moley... nearly last call. Where are these last minute submissions that people keep banging on about??

Can only think of sucho :(

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-27 18:40:53

When is the new deadline?

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-27 19:14:19

At 5/27/09 06:40 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: When is the new deadline?

May 31st, unless plans have changed.

At 4/29/09 03:28 PM, poxpower wrote: THERE'S A ONE MONTH EXTENSION. AIGHT. SO YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 31ST AT MIDNIGHT, EST

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-28 00:39:06

At 5/27/09 05:43 PM, CosmicDeath wrote: Holy moley... nearly last call. Where are these last minute submissions that people keep banging on about??

Hmmm...you got me, I figured there'd be more going on at the moment than what's actually happening right now. Rhunyc still has an entry outstanding and I'll be fairly disappointed if he doesn't get that finished by the deadline. Sucho could definitely squeeze something out here at the last minute; I believe the Blue Rabbit entry that won the December spot in the calendar contest was done in the space of one or two days right before the end of the contest, but then again, he's been pretty quiet about this lately, so, I don't know if he's still in on this or not.

Maybe with finals and graduations and stuff the timing for this is just really bad. I'm really at a bit of a loss to explain the lack of enthusiasm about this contest. That or the subject matter is a real deterrent to people. But the Heavy Metal cover contest had a huge turnout, so, it doesn't seem like people aren't entering because they can't draw women...

Incidentally, how long after the end of the contest will it be before the winners are announced? Any rough estimates on that?

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-28 10:02:43

So.. Just this morning has been the FIRST CHANCE I've gotten to work on it since I last posted.

I did a lot of surgery on her body, to make her look less... Giraffey? Hopefully her face looks better, and so does her proportions? I noticed the area above her boobs was kind of spacey... So I shortened it up a bit. I was doing this in like 20 layers (I'm a whore... :[ ), and all the moving around kind of murdered my shading/coloring... So, I've got to re-shade and color the hair and some other areas.

BUT. I decided to scrap the other gun idea, and give her the infamous stop sign. :) So, it'd help if I could get some quick dynamics crit on it. :) I've got two days, and I'm pushing myself to finish most of this today, before I go to sleep. So, I think I'll be able to get this in on time. ;)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-28 13:08:52

OHHHH MYYY GOD. Well. I did a new background, gave her a face-mask (to make her fit in more with the series [and to cover up my fail-face :3]), gave her goggles, finished the stop sign, and did some new text.

And some other stuff.

I think my submission is now competition worthy. :P (Where-as before, it was close to shit. ;D) Lemme know what needs to be fixed. I want to make sure it's good before I submit it. ;)

Oh, and text, any comments on it? I just made it up in half a second, so that's subject to change. :D

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-28 15:47:31

wonder if ill be disqualified for not including a date... ohwell, i couldent find any, maybe i was just too lazy

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 01:31:41

At 5/28/09 01:08 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I think my submission is now competition worthy. :P (Where-as before, it was close to shit. ;D) Lemme know what needs to be fixed. I want to make sure it's good before I submit it. ;)

Oh, and text, any comments on it? I just made it up in half a second, so that's subject to change. :D

I think it's competition-worthy now too. Definitely much improved over the original version you posted. I think the stop sign works and it's a good way to work in icons from the series, and the goggles are a nice touch too. I also like the mask, but I think I would go ahead and make it more opaque; I know the other stuff she's wearing is semi-sheer, but, having her face showing through just doesn't look right. Take a look at the mask in this drawing of Ryu Hayabusa of Ninja Gaiden fame:

http://computerduderec.deviantart.com/ar t/Ryu-Hayabusa-85499765

Other than that I think the picture is looking pretty good at this point.

Text: I liked the original text better because I thought it presented an interesting concept with Hank going up against a woman, but the new font is pretty awesome. In the event that you or anyone else is looking for interesting fonts, check out:

http://www.blambot.com/

and

http://www.dafont.com/

Anyway, good luck on finishing this up.

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 13:11:40

At 5/29/09 01:31 AM, johnnycancer wrote:

Anyway, good luck on finishing this up.

Just submitted it. :)

Thank you so much for all the help on this one, sir. It's waaaay appreciated! :) :) Woulda been sucky as hell if it weren't for you. :) Haha. Here's to hoping we do well! :)

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 14:42:33

2 days left...

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 14:49:03

At 5/29/09 02:42 PM, poxpower wrote: 2 days left...

OMG!.. The excitement!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 18:27:16

At 5/29/09 02:42 PM, poxpower wrote: 2 days left...

lol Oh the tension!

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 20:25:58

Hmmm maybe a penciled/inked drawing

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-29 20:57:32

O the suspense, mother! :o

(Actually I really am slightly a-tingle to see how it turns out!)

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-30 08:11:38

:O Who's judging? Or how are the winners determined?

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-30 08:33:42

At 5/21/09 08:24 PM, Vortex00 wrote:
At 5/21/09 05:25 PM, poxpower wrote: Almost done now...
I have to say I'm excited to watch what entries are going to come in at the last minute since that's when the surprises seem to happen with Newgrounds contests.
*cough* *cough* >.>;

Hrrrrrmmmm!...

Seeing that all the cool kids are trying to do their best effort and they're posting more than once, I also wanted to try. It's already there. I hope you like it.
I'm also really excited to see what's still to come...

At 4/24/09 10:41 PM, Vortex00 wrote: too much going on?
At 4/24/09 10:52 PM, poxpower wrote:
I can't read the little pink text too well.
Also she's kinda chunkiss haha.

But it looks pretty kewl.
At 4/24/09 11:00 PM, Vortex00 wrote: Thanks I see what i can do about that.

..what's chunkiss?
At 4/24/09 11:18 PM, poxpower wrote:
chunkish

haha

...I couldn't help it. No sir, I couldn't

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-30 09:00:20

haha nice work bizzaro, all your girls are always so awesome

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-30 10:55:23

At 5/30/09 08:33 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: ...I couldn't help it. No sir, I couldn't

lol nice.
I got 2 otw, will be making epic close calls.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-30 17:13:09

Ah see the last minute entries! I knew it! =D

I like Bizarro's lolly.

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-31 05:38:22

I probably won't have time to fix anything. But thought I'd ask before I post.

Anything glaring I should correct?

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-31 06:19:03

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-31 15:54:15

At 5/31/09 05:38 AM, Occluded wrote: I probably won't have time to fix anything. But thought I'd ask before I post.

Anything glaring I should correct?

This image is fucking sweet! I love how she has freckles all over her body. She looks relaxed and happy, which I think might have been something of an issue with your other figures. Très bien!

Maybe you could mention Newgrounds on the mini-poster? I'm not entirely sure it is required, but it's probably better to treat these miniposters as if they would really be distributed beyond our NG community. Always better to give more information so that people don't just pass it up, you know?

Kick ass picture! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-31 16:48:00

I guess i should hurry and finish this....

I will submit it some other time, when people respect my work more.

Drawing without thinking is just doodling, the brain and pen is connected.

PSN: SeoulSnake

BBS Signature

Response to [ Discussion ] Ng Miniposters 2009-05-31 19:24:58

well i tried to do anotherone with this laptop...i forgot my damn powercord at home but i bought one when we drove into town to pick some shit up....so if i hurry maybe i can get it done?....anyways wish i played sick today and got my wip in order and finished it