00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of July 2021!

8,309 Views | 23 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 12:11:57

Winners of the Art Inspired Music Contest have been announced!

Thank you @Random-storykeeper for organizing the event, @Troisnyx, @AceMantra and @littlbox for judging, @SplatterDash and @EctiBot for prizes and big thanks to everyone who participated! I’ve been loving listening to the Audio Portal every day, with so many great songs.

Animators: Our Animation Summer Jam Round 4 will start on Wednesday, August 18th and will be a less demanding jam with a one week deadline. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you haven't before! August 18th could be a fun week to make something small while being part of something big.

Best of July

Your votes are in and the Best of July have been determined!

Top Five Animation

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Pizza Girl Ride Along. Congrats, @mattyburrito!

Thanks to our new Monthly Animation Prize, the top-ranked animation of August based on original material will win $250, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd. Thank you to our sponsors, @SrPelo, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @Zombie-Pimp and @AnonymousAlchemist!

If you would like to contribute to our animation prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards animation prizes.

Top Five Games

The top game based on original material and winner of $200 is Sunnyside vs. the Eggies! Second and third place and winners of $100 each are Yu Jammin and Highschool Bathroom Simulator.

The top-ranked game of August based on original material will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, thanks to our ongoing game prize sponsors, @AnonymousAlchemist, @Manderby and @53xy83457, @summerskoo and @SrPelo!

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

6. Friday Night Hunkin' : Senpai

7. Oney Plays Animated: POGGERS

8. Gildedguy Gets Up

9. .::MY GIRLFRIEND::.

10. INSIDE JOKES

11. "boy, I say boy, this anime stuff is garbage!"

12. 64 Bits - Cris Tales Anime Intro

13. Cartoon Network Old School Collab

14. What if madness combat was an old cartoon (SEIZURE WARNING)

15. Tank Bros

16. OneyPlays Animated - The Hosts I Hate the Most

17. Toys: The Story

18. among us - lil piggies

19. EVERY YOUTUBE HOUSE TOUR

20. Violent Vincent: OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

21. Channel Surfing (NewgroundsTV Bumper)

22. Resident Benviento

23. Pico & The Masters of Newgrounds

24. pokemon carbon arranged in a crystal structure

25. Breakfast With Blockhead!

26. Dr. Fulp: Professional Newgrounds Therapist

27. TTS - S1E6 - SHOTS MIS-FIRED [1ST-HALF]

28. Going Back to Cali [Newgrounds TV Bumper]

29. Boris Johnson Eats A Pot Noodle In The Bath

30. Jumanji

Runner-Up Games

6. A Date with Death

7. Static Cling

8. Splat Chicken

9. Voiceless

10. Money Man

11. Matchkey

12. Into the Deep Web

13. Monster Match

14. Thermal Trail

15. Omelo's Trek

16. Adventure Boy: Jailbreak

17. Meow Merchants

18. Put a Ring On It

19. Pandora's Egg

20. O Mighty Snakedragon

I hit a character limit for this post so I'm gonna post 21-40th in the first reply to this thread. Lots of great games in July!

Be sure to check out the Top Featured Art and Top Feature Audio of July, as well.

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @shadowflarexl!

Thank you everyone who participated in July! We’re more than halfway through 2021 and it’s been a stellar year so far. I’ve started tinkering with a Shorts Fest playlist for 2021, which will ultimately be accompanied by a 2021 Pop Shorts Fest, Pop Fest and my ongoing Animation Fest playlist.

Other News

@OrangePylon released Abomi Nation on Steam!

Fancy Pants Art Contest deadline is August 8th.

Isometric Quanentine Room Collab deadline is August 10th. Create a room within the template and become part of an interactive experience!

Animation Summer Jam Round 3 deadline is August 15th. Newcomers welcome!

Winners of Round 2 were announced this past week.

Clock Day is August 15th and there are PRIZES to celebrate 20 years of B.

Toodee and Topdee Art Contest deadline is August 23rd.

Robot Day is August 26th! Make something robot-themed and share it here that day!

Summer Poetry Writing Contest deadline is September 6th.

Play and review the games in our Egg-themed July Game Jam! Winners for that are up next.

iu_380546_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 12:12:38

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 13:25:59

right

Give Me A Decillion Pounds

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 13:29:23

At 8/7/21 12:11 PM, TomFulp wrote: Winners of the Art Inspired Music Contest have been announced!

Thank you @Random-storykeeper for organizing the event, @Troisnyx, @AceMantra and @littlbox for judging, @SplatterDash and @EctiBot for prizes and big thanks to everyone who participated! I’ve been loving listening to the Audio Portal every day, with so many great songs.

Animators: Our Animation Summer Jam Round 4 will start on Wednesday, August 18th and will be a less demanding jam with a one week deadline. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you haven't before! August 18th could be a fun week to make something small while being part of something big.

Best of July

Top Five Animation

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/806098
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807461
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/802881
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/803375
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/803170

The top-ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Pizza Girl Ride Along. Congrats, @mattyburrito!

Thanks to our new Monthly Animation Prize, the top-ranked animation of August based on original material will win $250, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd. Thank you to our sponsors, @SrPelo, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @Zombie-Pimp and @AnonymousAlchemist!

If you would like to contribute to our animation prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards animation prizes.

Top Five Games

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807180
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804975
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/800558
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807091
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807186

The top game based on original material and winner of $200 is Sunnyside vs. the Eggies! Second and third place and winners of $100 each are Yu Jammin and Highschool Bathroom Simulator.

The top-ranked game of August based on original material will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, thanks to our ongoing game prize sponsors, @AnonymousAlchemist, @Manderby and @53xy83457, @summerskoo and @SrPelo!

If you would like to contribute to our game prize fund, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Runner-Up Animation

8. Gildedguy Gets Up
10. INSIDE JOKES
15. Tank Bros
22. Resident Benviento
30. Jumanji

Runner-Up Games

6. A Date with Death
7. Static Cling
8. Splat Chicken
9. Voiceless
10. Money Man
11. Matchkey
12. Into the Deep Web
13. Monster Match
14. Thermal Trail
15. Omelo's Trek
17. Meow Merchants
18. Put a Ring On It
19. Pandora's Egg
20. O Mighty Snakedragon

I hit a character limit for this post so I'm gonna post 21-40th in the first reply to this thread. Lots of great games in July!

Be sure to check out the Top Featured Art and Top Feature Audio of July, as well.

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @shadowflarexl!

Thank you everyone who participated in July! We’re more than halfway through 2021 and it’s been a stellar year so far. I’ve started tinkering with a Shorts Fest playlist for 2021, which will ultimately be accompanied by a 2021 Pop Shorts Fest, Pop Fest and my ongoing Animation Fest playlist.

Other News

holy fuck

thank you everyone who voted for my games. i appreciate it so much. i had an awesome time working on those games and i plan on making more cool shit! thank you so much everyone

cryign in the club rn

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 13:52:11

At 8/7/21 12:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: More runner-up games:

21. Nest Quest
22. Wizard, Archer and Egg
23. Claret
24. Trigger Chicken
25. Scrambled Lines
26. R&C: Research and Chicken
27. Enoki
28. Frame Game - Gif Maker
29. Rewire
30. Hen in the Foxhouse
31. Chikiana Jones and the Golden Eggs
32. Xin's Commission Campaign
33. Eggsolotl
34. Death's Clutch
35. Cracked Up
36. Lines On Sides
37. Wika Wicked's Egg
38. L-Egg Hunt
39. 0
40. Medieval Cop-S2-E2

i dont see my game, Eggs Days

mega ass

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 14:21:00

Cheers again to all the great game devs that uploaded games this month, and congrats to the winners! I usually only have to review 30-40 games on average, but this month had a whopping 52, so I'm not surprised we needed two whole posts to list 'em all: heck, I was afraid Youtube wouldn't even allow me to upload this 9 hour juggernaut of reviews, haha! Jeez, imagine if I didn't enforce a ten minute time limit for each nowadays...

Anyway, hope everyone gets a chance to play all of these as I really didn't expect so many games to come out, and was surprised to see there were tons of devs that featured twice! I hope no cool egg jam games slipped through the cracks. My compliments to all of the portal warriors that judged this massive influx of games: as much as I think I had a lot to do, it's you guys that really put in the most important work and make it possible in the first place!

Just, uh, maybe hold off before doing another jam: I need to recuperate before the next one!

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 14:24:35

Congrats to the winners! And wow, a huge round of applause to @stepford for securing games 1 & 2 :D

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 16:17:47

now this is making me clap like a monkey pumped with pure ketamine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 17:05:20

At 8/7/21 02:21 PM, FuturecopLGF wrote:
Cheers again to all the great game devs that uploaded games this month, and congrats to the winners! I usually only have to review 30-40 games on average, but this month had a whopping 52, so I'm not surprised we needed two whole posts to list 'em all: heck, I was afraid Youtube wouldn't even allow me to upload this 9 hour juggernaut of reviews, haha! Jeez, imagine if I didn't enforce a ten minute time limit for each nowadays...

Anyway, hope everyone gets a chance to play all of these as I really didn't expect so many games to come out, and was surprised to see there were tons of devs that featured twice! I hope no cool egg jam games slipped through the cracks. My compliments to all of the portal warriors that judged this massive influx of games: as much as I think I had a lot to do, it's you guys that really put in the most important work and make it possible in the first place!

Just, uh, maybe hold off before doing another jam: I need to recuperate before the next one!

i don´t find my game *eggs days*

mega ass

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 18:08:20

Pizza girl was so cute!

death

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 20:10:54

stepfrod

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 21:12:50

:) :) :)

This made my whole day, still sorta can't believe I made it to 3rd game of the month. I've wanted to place in the best of the month for a long time now, but I wouldn't have guessed that I'd do it with a shitpost game.

I'll make something with actual gameplay next time, I promise!

Banner by @MigMoog

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 22:22:07

Boris Johnson's first place spot was robbed, man.

[1] - [2]

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-07 23:15:57

At 8/7/21 08:10 PM, SlickRamen wrote: stepfrod

slockreman

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-08 04:01:59 (edited 2021-08-08 04:02:20)

YOOO thank you so much for voting on my Pizza Girl cartoon!! I didn't even realize it got ranked!! TYSM everyone!!

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-08 07:05:01

Congratulations to the winners, it was great to watch this

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-08 09:57:28

Congrats to the winners! Some of my faves didn't make it to the top but competition was hot this time around, what a killer month.

But man wtf, how was my submission the top bumper?? It even beat out some of my personal favorite actual movie submissions. Also the entry that I thought was the top this month didn't make it into top five, what a shame. I want a recount. :,D

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-08 10:26:15

fancy pantsiu_381484_9505593.webp

Give Me A Decillion Pounds

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-09 15:29:06

Congratz to all the winners! Was hoping Gildedguy gets up got a bit higher but still its a good bunch of winners! :D

On a unrelated note, Friday night funkin' has officially become the most viewed thing on the site! toppling Simgirls after almost 20 years which is no small feat for under a year, Congrats to Ninjamuffin99 for that as well :)

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-10 01:01:25

Generic congrats to all the participants.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-10 18:54:42

At 8/7/21 01:29 PM, Stepford wrote:
At 8/7/21 12:11 PM, TomFulp wrote: Winners of the Art Inspired Music Contest have been announced!

Best of July

Top Five Animation

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/806098
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807461
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/802881
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/803375
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/803170

Top Five Games

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807180
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804975
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/800558
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807091
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/807186

Runner-Up Animation

8. Gildedguy Gets Up
10. INSIDE JOKES
15. Tank Bros
22. Resident Benviento
30. Jumanji

Runner-Up Games

6. A Date with Death
7. Static Cling
8. Splat Chicken
9. Voiceless
10. Money Man
11. Matchkey
12. Into the Deep Web
13. Monster Match
14. Thermal Trail
15. Omelo's Trek
17. Meow Merchants
18. Put a Ring On It
19. Pandora's Egg
20. O Mighty Snakedragon

Other News

Isometric Quanentine Room Collab deadline is August 10th. Create a room within the template and become part of an interactive experience!

Animation Summer Jam Round 3 deadline is August 15th. Newcomers welcome!

Winners of Round 2 were announced this past week.

Clock Day is August 15th and there are PRIZES to celebrate 20 years of B.
Toodee and Topdee Art Contest deadline is August 23rd.

Robot Day is August 26th! Make something robot-themed and share it here that day!

Summer Poetry Writing Contest deadline is September 6th.

Play and review the games in our Egg-themed July Game Jam! Winners for that are up next.
holy fuck

thank you everyone who voted for my games. i appreciate it so much. i had an awesome time working on those games and i plan on making more cool shit! thank you so much everyone

cryign in the club rn

Congrats, man!

Wut iz uh siknachur?-Meddy

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-10 20:51:24

Ta bien

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-11 04:21:52

Congrats to all of the winners.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July 2021! 2021-08-12 10:01:59

what's happened here to those who know?https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC03pshMzgcka_T_z1HHeaOQ

Flash portable is trash in first time, later it gets better

BBS Signature