00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes)

29,691 Views | 147 Replies

I’m here to announce 2 things:

(1)   The Fancy Pants Adventures: Classic Pack Steam page is now live, and ready for Wishlists!

(2)   We are celebrating by kicking off a Fancy Pants art contest here on Newgrounds!

Brad Borne’s famous Fancy Pants Adventure series has spanned 15 years, accumulated 500 million plays online, boasts a thriving community, and redefined what platforming could mean for many players around the world.

iu_358137_2083606.png

Wait, what is the Classic Pack??

In the wake of Abode ending Flash support, these games are becoming increasingly difficult to play online. While efforts are underway to rectify that around the web – Brad and I teamed up to bring fans a collection of the old games, as you remember them!

Included: World 1 (with it’s Remaster + Remix), World 2, World 3, and Fancy Snowboarding

Experience these classics with controller support, localizations, achievements, and more QOL additions!!

What are you waiting for?

Go Wishlist that sucker It’s “Coming soon”!!

(Seriously, it will help us out a lot to show Steam that there is an interest in this game)

The Contest:

• Create a Fancy Pants themed piece of artwork (any style/medium is fine)
  • Submit your work to the Art Portal with the tag FPAClassicPack by Sunday August 8th, 2021
  • (I recommend also tagging your post with fancy-pants, for your art's long-term discoverability)
  • (Optional) Tweet your artwork to Brad @DrNeroCF, and let him know what the series means to you. It couldn't hurt to butter up one of the judges by spreading some joy on his timeline!

Other rules:

• Only one entry per person
  • No NSFW art
  • Submissions after the deadline will NOT be counted

PRIZES:

Now we can get to the good stuff! Myself and Brad will work together to judge our favourite entries.

• 5th Place (and up): You will receive a copy of the game, AND

your art may be turned into a Trading Card that can be collected/traded on Steam

• 3rd Place (and up): You will be gifted a 1 Year Subscription to Newgrounds
  • 2nd Place: $50
  • 1st Place: $100

Useful info:

• We will announce the winners through the BBS, as well as on Twitter on Monday, August 11th, 2021.
  • By entering this contest, you grant us permission to use your art on official Steam trading cards (we will only be using those from the Top 5 entries)
  • Copies of the game will be distributed to the winners as Steam keys upon release.
  • Cash prizes will be paid through PayPal.

Any questions?

Please let us know! We look forward to seeing what you all can put together, and cannot wait to see you all back in the various worlds of The Fancy Pants Adventures!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 07:36:59

This is Amazing!

At 7/15/21 03:19 AM, Noodle wrote: I’m here to announce 2 things:
(1)   The Fancy Pants Adventures: Classic Pack Steam page is now live, and ready for Wishlists!
(2)   We are celebrating by kicking off a Fancy Pants art contest here on Newgrounds!

Brad Borne’s famous Fancy Pants Adventure series has spanned 15 years, accumulated 500 million plays online, boasts a thriving community, and redefined what platforming could mean for many players around the world.

In the wake of Abode ending Flash support, these games are becoming increasingly difficult to play online. While efforts are underway to rectify that around the web – Brad and I teamed up to bring fans a collection of the old games, as you remember them!
Included: World 1 (with it’s Remaster + Remix), World 2, World 3, and Fancy Snowboarding
Experience these classics with controller support, localizations, achievements, and more QOL additions!!

(Seriously, it will help us out a lot to show Steam that there is an interest in this game)

The Contest:

Can't believe it, more fancy stuff, yeaaahhh!!!!!!!

Man old emojis were much better

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 07:42:36

fancy pants is a goated child memory i love this

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 08:03:50

Awesome that the top 5 drawings will be trading cards! I absolutely love that decision :D

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 08:18:00

This is so dope! I’ve gotta participate

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 08:18:37

Yo I love art contests and plus this is about fancy pants so i have to enter

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 08:22:47

Cool. To be honest, i'm not much of a fan of Fancy Pants since i'm grew up with it. But maybe i'll try someday.

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 08:55:15

So this starts from now right?

Wow

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 09:00:52

The Contest:

I am gonna do it

obama

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 09:12:01

I might try this out, good luck everyone

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 09:12:34

you should

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 09:40:39

YOO! This is great, I can't believe it's been 15 years.

Let's go

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 10:10:20

This is great! Fancy Pants has always been and always will be one of my favorites!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 10:18:31

At 7/15/21 08:55 AM, NeilGM wrote: So this starts from now right?

Yup. Feel free to upload your art anytime between now and the deadline (August 8th)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 10:19:07

Ok thank you!

Wow

BBS Signature

Aw hell yea Shmancy pants

Other rules:

PRIZES:
Now we can get to the good stuff! Myself and Brad will work together to judge our favourite entries.

your art may be turned into a Trading Card that can be collected/traded on Steam

Useful info:

Any questions?
Please let us know! We look forward to seeing what you all can put together, and cannot wait to see you all back in the various worlds of The Fancy Pants Adventures!

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 11:22:03

OHHH YESSS IM GONNA DO IT RN!!

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 11:22:21

The Contest:

Yeah! Fancy Pants! Brad Bornes flash games are awesome!

SquadMassiveEntertainment©2023

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 11:29:42

im so happy to see fancy pants again

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 11:30:54

I can do it, good luck to you all

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 12:03:07

The Contest:

i posted it

obama

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 12:19:44

This is so epic! I'll draw something! :DD

me

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 12:31:56

omfg yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

I'm going to hurt you

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 12:36:05

The Contest:

ohh yeah!

SailorRJ :)

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 13:10:48

Ayyyyyye

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 13:19:27

I completely forgot Fancy Pants was a thing, might make something

newgrounds.com

BBS Signature

Response to Fancy Pants Art Contest ($$ Prizes) 2021-07-15 13:29:32

abode