00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zerovoting and Exposure.

76,356 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 00:15:01

At 8/31/14 10:46 PM, Step wrote: snip

Oh yes, it definitely does. But if I all I got to say about a track is that I like it, then I feel like that's what I should give instead pulling shit out of my ass and talk about stuff I really didn't think needed work, which I do in a lot in R4R and why I stop posting there. Some tracks I give more constructive criticism, but it's not needed on every track, especially when you can tell style from error.

I'm open to advice, as everyone should be, but you don't need to give advice on every track. some times they just don't need any.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 00:17:48

At 8/31/14 11:29 PM, Chemiqals wrote: I think you're missing the point of feedback MegaMettaurX. I don't really need to get into it here though, as others have already said more than enough on that subject. I do want to say one thing though. Music is subjective. You could get an entire essay written about your song and not agree with a single word of it. But feedback isn't meant to be a definitive critique on your music. Reviews are just as subjective as the music itself. Someone might tell you that they think you need a bass drum or that you should add some pads at certain points. But you could disagree entirely. I don't always agree with reviews that I get. But I still appreciate the feedback regardless. You never know if you'll learn something new from a critique or not, so why reject them? I've made changes based on feedback that I agreed with and I think it really helped my song and my future work as well! You always have to appreciate the time that someone takes to give you their opinion on your work. You don't have to agree with them. But how will you ever learn anything if you reject feedback from the get go and believe that everything you put out is as good as it could be?

Ok, that might have been more than one thing.

It's not the feedback persay I'm talking about. It's the type of feedback I'm talking about.

People shouldn't be getting butt hurt over one line reviews. Even you gave me a one line review. and I'm not even mad about it. You let me know that what I was doing was on the right track. Why should any one get sour faced about that?

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 00:22:15

At 9/1/14 12:17 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote: People shouldn't be getting butt hurt over one line reviews. Even you gave me a one line review. and I'm not even mad about it. You let me know that what I was doing was on the right track. Why should any one get sour faced about that?

Normally on the portal, one line reviews are fine, but in the R4R thread they indicate (whether it's true or not) a lack of effort. When you give a single line review it looks like you want feedback but you're not willing to go to the effort of giving legitimate feedback to someone else.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 00:33:52

At 9/1/14 12:23 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/1/14 12:15 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote: I'm open to advice, as everyone should be, but you don't need to give advice on every track. some times they just don't need any.
While I agree on the latter (mostly because some people have mastered what they do), most people still need critiques, you asked me to review your piece in my club which I plan to do. But like others have said, just learn to take some criticism every now and then dude. No one is out to make your life suck.
Hugs?

No where in my post am I event complaining about that. At all. No where in ANY of my posts have I said I had a problem with it.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 00:36:06

At 9/1/14 12:22 AM, johnfn wrote:
At 9/1/14 12:17 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote: People shouldn't be getting butt hurt over one line reviews. Even you gave me a one line review. and I'm not even mad about it. You let me know that what I was doing was on the right track. Why should any one get sour faced about that?
Normally on the portal, one line reviews are fine, but in the R4R thread they indicate (whether it's true or not) a lack of effort. When you give a single line review it looks like you want feedback but you're not willing to go to the effort of giving legitimate feedback to someone else.

I'm pretty sure that was a R4R thing, because I posted two tracks, and one of them didn't get reviewd, IIRC. But none of that even matters, because it doesn't bother me.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 04:08:30

At 9/1/14 12:36 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote:
People shouldn't be getting butt hurt over one line reviews. Even you gave me a one line review. and I'm not even mad about it. You let me know that what I was doing was on the right track. Why should any one get sour faced about that?

Not sure if it's been mentioned since I didn't bother reading so far back, but the whole point of the R4R thread is for people to point out flaws in your music so that you know where to improve.

There's nothing wrong at all about a general 'Hey this is a nice track I like the vibes', but if you want general comments like that, you should look elsewhere. The R4R thread is almost purely for constructive criticism.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 04:18:49

At 9/1/14 04:08 AM, DjAbbic wrote: snip

Oh, well in that case I guess I won't be using that thread, unless I actually need feed back, like on a new idea of mine.

Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2014-09-01 15:27:03

Why do I care that someone wants to write a 10 paragraph essay on why they do or don't like my style? seriously. An artist doesn't need that shit unless they specifically ask for it. You're missing my point entirely, so I'm done with this conversation.

You'll get nowhere with that attitude =_=. You're music ISN'T perfect. Neither is mine. Why do you think that the casual listeners won't give you feedback? Has it ever fallen into you that it might because they don't enjoy what you make either? Maybe yo ushould consider some feedback by your peers? It's true that music is subjective, but honestly if your mixing sucks it will sound bad for everyone including casual listeners.
I'm going to say it again, you won't get anywhere with your music, or with your life with that attitude. You seriously need to rethink what you are saying here.
I guess this is what you call ignorant...

Just a random idiot