Be a Supporter!

Zerovoting and Exposure.

  • 46,366 Views
  • 727 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 7th, 2008 @ 06:54 PM Reply

cough filters cough

PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 7th, 2008 @ 07:06 PM Reply

Liquid Evolution . . . you're stoned bro. But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk.

It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing.

I can say "Hi guys, I was born in Texas" and itll be me complaining about 0-bombing.

I dont care about 0-bombers anymore . . . if thres one thing I learned from this experience its that ppl will ACTUALLY LOOK THROUGH the audio portal, not the highest scoring ones.

In fact, I couldnt be happier! I been getting a lot of attention lately, a lot more than when my scores were all the way at 4.40. I guess the audio portal fans look at honesty and TRUE scores.

Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it. This isn't complaining. You see complaining applies to the emotions, stressed, depressed, anger, sadness. Me? I'm just happy.

But hey if you dont want anyone on newgrounds to be happy then so be it,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, Welcome!!!! This is the land of unhappy, where people hate you no matter what you do, where dreams are crushed by criticism, where people LOVE 0-bombers and hate the ones whove adapted to this change.

Yur funny, LOLZ LMAO ROFL and so forth.

nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 7th, 2008 @ 07:36 PM Reply

in flashes zero bombing gives u blam points
if u review a song or vote on it u get nothing i fairly voted on everything ive been around i believe
if your songs suck than you will get zero bombed lol
just like be like cheshyre "GOD" or something and make music that grabs 1,000's of voters
im posting songs for the first time in years so im not that sure about how things work here
rather than having 2 voter systems and a reviewer y not just have the rating atached to the review so if someones just rushing a "lie" it doesnt count
im an idiot rofl
to me its all about effort either be proud of your project or let some geeky internet obsessed chronic newgrounds lvler up guy ruin your experiance
i make music to make me happy even thought im not so sain
for the ppl out there who "hate" on other peoples music just cuz you afte some points that mean nothing in the real world :3 yall ned to stop having dem slurpeez of yours extra nutted and get a life lol
newgrounds a great website cuz even if the songs have bad ratngs there still there if 100 ppl vote for it right or maybe im wrong who knows correct me if im wrong.
Tom dont bann me !!!!!!


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature
PaulStetich
PaulStetich
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 7th, 2008 @ 07:42 PM Reply

Point proven. The defense rests sirs.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 7th, 2008 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics

honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 12:33 AM Reply

It's spelled "ebonics". and it's just a language preference, the same way your favorite color can be blue, and the same way your sexual preference can be homosexual.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 8/7/08 07:06 PM, PaulStetich wrote: Liquid Evolution . . . you're stoned bro. But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk.

It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing.

I can say "Hi guys, I was born in Texas" and itll be me complaining about 0-bombing.

I dont care about 0-bombers anymore . . . if thres one thing I learned from this experience its that ppl will ACTUALLY LOOK THROUGH the audio portal, not the highest scoring ones.

In fact, I couldnt be happier! I been getting a lot of attention lately, a lot more than when my scores were all the way at 4.40. I guess the audio portal fans look at honesty and TRUE scores.

Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it. This isn't complaining. You see complaining applies to the emotions, stressed, depressed, anger, sadness. Me? I'm just happy.

But hey if you dont want anyone on newgrounds to be happy then so be it,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, Welcome!!!! This is the land of unhappy, where people hate you no matter what you do, where dreams are crushed by criticism, where people LOVE 0-bombers and hate the ones whove adapted to this change.

Yur funny, LOLZ LMAO ROFL and so forth.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Let's get a few facts straight.

"But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk." - Before this occasion, I had never even mentioned your name. And you're calling me the stoned one?

"It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing." - "If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it.".

"Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it." - The fact that you are still here, whining that you have changed and having ANOTHER tantrum kinda' proves you havn't mate.

You really want to prove me wrong. Then just stop complaining, full stop. The first time I quoted what you said. If you would have just said "Please, stop bitching" without the added attention crap at the bottom there, we wouldn't be in this mess now, would we? And this whole time, I've only been saying what I have been saying to make you realise this. But no, you have to take what I say personally and accuse me of attacking you. Sure, I might have said a few cruel things but hey, sometimes it gets the message across. And about all this not being complaining, maybe you should revise and choose your words in a wiser way because, complaining is all you've been doing. Complaining because I actually pulled on some heart strings. Anyways, that's enough about it. I don't want this turning into a flame war so, I hold no grudges and HELL, LET'S BE FRIENDS! if it will make you feel any better.


yea

Scribbler
Scribbler
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:38 AM Reply

Every time you vote zero, you should have to pay a penny. The catch is, it builds up. Every month you have to pay. Motherfuckers who are unaware will get repo'd... Done story.

nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.

text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:38 PM, nataSNoose wrote: you talk like Adulf Hitler.

LAOL

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:38 PM, nataSNoose wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.
text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not

y you wrote that whole thing properly - amazing what you can do when you try isn't it.

and yes I would correct someone that talked like that in real life - it makes you sound uneducated.

and ill do whatever the fuck I want.

you're ignorant and petty.
I also hate people that use the word "hater"

and I think u mean prejudice :P - im not being a stereotyper - you'rethe one thats hiding behind the "its the internet" for your own bad habits. And since this is the internet, I guess I can only consider you as a meaningless jumble of text that occasionally gets mad at me - oh no - a jumble of text is mad at me..

I don't live in "america" - i live in canada :P

and its adolf hitler u tard - SEIG HEIL!

ICT BIN GOTT!

and no not really.

I also thought my response to your original statement was very civil - but if you wanna be an asshole about it - I can be an asshole right back.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:38 AM, Scribbler wrote: Every time you vote zero, you should have to pay a penny. The catch is, it builds up. Every month you have to pay. Motherfuckers who are unaware will get repo'd... Done story.

lol
"ima level 10000 newground gold account memeberwith 999999.999% experiance points!!!"
im not obsessive.
where is this topic going anyways?
cheshyre is good enough as a musician to maintain high scores.
maybe zero bombers are just picky like american idol judges.
when you create a song in your head be like "ima be the next effin linkin park or something"
with your hardcore nice music you created just now that would make famous music industries want you.
my tracks arnt up yet but ima guess a low scores gonna get to my head sooner or later
ok im done now, bye forum
hopefully you all understand me who ever's reading this


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 02:56 PM Reply

bubai - have fun.. wherever you go.. haha


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 02:48 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/8/08 02:38 PM, nataSNoose wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.
text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not
y you wrote that whole thing properly - amazing what you can do when you try isn't it.

and yes I would correct someone that talked like that in real life - it makes you sound uneducated.

and ill do whatever the fuck I want.

you're ignorant and petty.
I also hate people that use the word "hater"

and I think u mean prejudice :P - im not being a stereotyper - you'rethe one thats hiding behind the "its the internet" for your own bad habits. And since this is the internet, I guess I can only consider you as a meaningless jumble of text that occasionally gets mad at me - oh no - a jumble of text is mad at me..

I don't live in "america" - i live in canada :P

and its adolf hitler u tard - SEIG HEIL!

ICT BIN GOTT!
and no not really.

I also thought my response to your original statement was very civil - but if you wanna be an asshole about it - I can be an asshole right back.

lets say we were in the same room face to face in reality.
you would not talk to me the way you are typing.
you would be very afraid of me.
your all trying to gangrape me with letters.you dont know me personally you dont even know who i am.im just a picture
im not hatefull towards anyone.
i guess your just some preppy suburban child with a good happy family who doesnt understand what the real world is really like.actions speak louder than words.
this whole time ive been trying to talk about the voting system on this site.
im not white,and im bilingual and very proud of it.
im just here to post music and to see what people have posted for my own enjoyment.
its obvious your afraid to have a life
so you take it out by typing.
when your done being a looser
maybe youll have the balls to get involved wth my reality rather than being pure geek.
this got boring so ima just leave the comp for now.
im sorry you dont like me cuz im not one of your kind.
so just go on with what you were doing,im done :)


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 03:17 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of hater stuff

blah blah blah - go outside and get some fresh air :P


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 03:17 PM, nataSNoose wrote:

:: wall of text LOL

I bet you eat KFC.

xKore
xKore
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 8th, 2008 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 8/8/08 04:26 PM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
At 8/8/08 03:17 PM, nataSNoose wrote:
wall of text LOL
I bet you eat KFC.

HAHAHHAHAHA

tekcos
tekcos
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 9th, 2008 @ 11:32 AM Reply

Zerovoting, also known as "Zero-Bombing" is just unfair to everyone, but to someone... it is a strategy. Face it, having your music show up on the first page when various people come to the AP is VERY important to exposure. Even if the person plans on hunting deep into the back pages, they are still going to see your name and song first before doing so. Also, if someone important, like someone who can give out record contracts or needs music for a game in development comes to the AP, they are not going to know about Zero-Bombing. Those important people are just going to check out whatever is highest on the charts obviously thinking that it will be the best music available.

But of course, most of us already know this, so...

Chances are if you have became enraged about Zero-Bombing enough to complain about it, you are most likely guilty of doing it yourself. Deep down inside we all know that to be successful at this strategy, you have to be against the strategy. So we all pretend to hate it, but whoever is smart will use it.

So for those of you who haven't learned the ways of Zero-Bombing allow me to teach you how it works...

#1 - PRIVACY! PRIVACY! PRIVACY!
Zero-Bombing is something that you should never admit to doing for the sake of your reputation. (NOTE: Whatever you do, after reading this guide DO NOT post any "Thank You" replies. What you need to do is bash, complain and write hateful things about this guide so you will not be suspected as a potential Zero-Bomber. Don't worry, I can handle negative responses, besides I will know what you truly are thinking.) Currently no one has exposed a way to tell WHO the Zero-Bombers are, so as long as you don't talk about it, you can use your main account to do it. If you are still afraid you can always create a secondary Newgrounds account to do all your dirty work.

#2 - VOTING (BOMBING) POWER
The Audio Portal voting system works like the Flash Portal voting system, so you want to have as much voting power as you can. The higher your power, the less you will have to Zero-Bomb tracks. This is also how you will be able to compete against other Zero-Bombers. Overall, if you got more power than you can keep your scores high and other peoples low.

#3 - THE FIGHT FOR THE FRONT PAGE
If you have a new track that you are ready to submit to the AP, make sure the coast is clear! Before you submit the track, go to the section your submitting the track and Zero-Bomb all the tracks on the first page, and if you feel up to it, Zero-Bomb the whole second page as well. (NOTE: You will want to have a browser that supports TABS and also a mouse with a middle button. When you go down the track listings you should be able to click the song link with the middle mouse button, allowing it to open into another TAB. After you have a bunch of TABS open, you can quickly click through them allowing you to hit the "Vote 0" button much more faster.) Give about 2 to 3 days for everyone to finish whining and freaking out and then submit your new song.

#4 - AVOID BECOMING AND MAKING A SUSPECT
(NOTE: This is just a theory that takes time and doesn't always work. I had a successful test using ganon95 as the suspect and cornandbeans tracks as the ones that I wanted to get bumped to the first page of the Techno section, and it worked.) If you have multiple songs that you want all on the first page you have to take cautious steps to do so. If you just go crazy Zero-Bombing until all your music is at the top of the list like its your own personal page other artists are going to suspect you right away as the Zero-Bomber. Which can lead to your tracks getting constantly bombed. The best way around this is to find another artist who has multiple songs on, or close to the first page. This will be the artist you set up to be the suspect a.k.a victim a.k.a sacrifice. Begin by constantly Zero-Bombing anyone's tracks that have higher scores than your music and the "suspects" music. Then vote 5's on all the "suspects" music, but be careful to keep your score right under the suspects. Eventually, you will end up with a list of the "suspects" music at the top of the first page and most of your music listed below the "suspects". Finally, you wait and someone else that you will have Zero-Bombed the crap out of will come along and think that the "suspect" is the one who Zero-Bombed them and retaliate back allowing your tracks to flow up on the first page.

#5 - ZERO-BOMBING FOR REVENGE
If someone starts bitching at you because of the way you talk on the internet, or comes to your user page and intentionally tries to start an argument then you should probably Zero-Bomb their tracks.

#6 - ZERO-BOMBING FOR FUN
Just sick of it all? Got nothing better to do with your time? Then go raise havoc in the Audio Portal!

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors.

tekcos
tekcos
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 10th, 2008 @ 08:08 PM Reply

Ok, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking here;

If you hypothetically (because you would never actually do this) decided to Zero-Bombed some tracks because someone was holding a gun to your head and making you do it...

A) Would you Zero-Bomb for exposure, revenge, or just for fun?

B) Who would you Bomb or what genres of the Audio Portal would you Zero-Bomb?

Remember, this is all hypothetical, of course you would never Zero-Bomb anyone!

reaper-of-ratings
reaper-of-ratings
  • Member since: Mar. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 10th, 2008 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 8/10/08 08:08 PM, tekcos wrote: Ok, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking here;

If you hypothetically (because you would never actually do this) decided to Zero-Bombed some tracks because someone was holding a gun to your head and making you do it...

A) Would you Zero-Bomb for exposure, revenge, or just for fun?

B) Who would you Bomb or what genres of the Audio Portal would you Zero-Bomb?

Remember, this is all hypothetical, of course you would never Zero-Bomb anyone!

There is, of course, a flaw in your whole theory; some of us actually DO admit to zero voting for the greater good, regardless of how much others might grumble about it.

A) I have no music, so exposure it out. Revenge? Maybe once or twice, but who hasn't? Fun? No even "I" am not that coldblooded. Order? Definitely. Although I havent been doing it nearly as much these days as I have been in the past, to me it's a full time job in itself.

B) I bomb classical, vg, sometimes industrial, techno, and trance

C) stop msging me bitching about what I do. Enough of you support what I do - and I really don't care about those that don't, so suck it up and get better. In the real world the exact same thing would happen; if you arent good in real life as a musician, then noone ever hears of you and you get replaced by those that ARE good.

Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 13th, 2008 @ 02:10 PM Reply

Explain me why we dont filter the extremes out (the 0's, lulz) since they manipulate the score too much in the AP.

Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 13th, 2008 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 8/9/08 11:32 AM, tekcos wrote: #4 - AVOID BECOMING AND MAKING A SUSPECT
(NOTE: This is just a theory that takes time and doesn't always work. I had a successful test using ganon95 as the suspect and cornandbeans tracks as the ones that I wanted to get bumped to the first page of the Techno section, and it worked.)

I've always wondered why so many of ganon95's songs are on the techno frontpage.


A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

tekcos
tekcos
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 8/13/08 03:04 PM, Gloudas wrote: I've always wondered why so many of ganon95's songs are on the techno frontpage.

I'm sure a lot of people probably blamed ganon95 for that happening too, which was the point of doing that.

tekcos
tekcos
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 10:30 AM Reply

Wow, the Industrial section in the AP is officially "WREAKED".

tekcos
tekcos
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 12:00 PM Reply

olololololol

Zerovoting and Exposure.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 8/14/08 12:00 PM, tekcos wrote: olololololol

stoip spamming damnit lol - rucklo is so gonna ban your ass >:(


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 01:29 PM Reply

anyone notice how almost 95% of all of the songs in the top weekly and top 30 this week SUCK? like there's no good songs at all.

The only good songs are the ones that have like 90 billion votes already, like chaoz fantasy and heavens rd.

This is because all the good new songs have been zero bombed.

This isn't even about my songs being zero bombed. I check the top weekly stuff to find good new songs. There are none. zero bombing ensures random shit thats sucks and stuff we've herd a million times will stay at the top. New stuff will never make it to the top.

and every new zero bombing thread is closed LOL. complete bullshit

When all new songs are zero bombed, this makes it aalot easier for random shit to be passed off as the best of the week. go listen to the stuff on the udio portal this week and see for yourself

nuff' said

Krank
Krank
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 8/9/08 11:32 AM, tekcos wrote: Zerovoting, also known as "Zero-Bombing" is just unfair to everyone, but to someone... it is a strategy. Face it, having your music show up on the first page when various people come to the AP is VERY important to exposure.

not if your music sucks. Shit is still shit, it doesnt matter how many people listen to it. zero bombing encourages laziness and unoriginality in the audio portal

xKore
xKore
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 8/14/08 01:29 PM, Bjra wrote: and every new zero bombing thread is closed LOL. complete bullshit

And that's the reason this thread is open...

war-spawn
war-spawn
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. Aug. 14th, 2008 @ 01:35 PM Reply

People make it seem like down voting is the end of the world. I just had someone go to my page and downvote my latest 30 songs. It doesn't bother me at all because someone took the time to down vote that much. Now, people just need to get over the shit. There's not one song on here that deserves a perfect 5. Stop bitching if you atleast get a 3.


TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod
Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature