00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,507 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-17 16:02:51

At 4/16/07 02:47 PM, Casualty wrote: The glitch is extremely obvious and idiot: the condition is that the current rank must be greater than the current one, which is not what we want! We want to go UP in the rankings XD

Oh, OK. ^_^

I just fixed that, I don't know why I made that error...

Sh*t just happens. :P Unit testing probably would've caught it, though. ;)

Good idea, though it requires me to write out all the whistle levels on the script. As I am a lazy bastard, I will do this a bit later =P

Yeah... shouldn't be very urgent, anyway, though. How often do users lose whistle levels, anyway?

It does say "Users on line"...

Yeah, but that could still refer to the BBS.

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-17 16:11:13

At 4/17/07 04:02 PM, schneelocke wrote:
At 4/16/07 02:47 PM, Casualty wrote: It does say "Users on line"...

I would have always imagined that that referred to users on the BBS, not the whole site. It would be worth it to PM liljim and find out though, this could be a cool feature for NG Log.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-17 20:02:21

try to put more than the last 5 like try to do 10 or 15

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-18 09:38:38

At 4/17/07 04:02 PM, schneelocke wrote: Sh*t just happens. :P Unit testing probably would've caught it, though. ;)

It did =) That's always what I do if I can't find the bug.

Yeah... shouldn't be very urgent, anyway, though. How often do users lose whistle levels, anyway?

Mostly it's just new users getting a garbage whistle because they didn't know how to correctly flag reviews...

That is possible too...

At 4/17/07 04:11 PM, Solidone wrote: I would have always imagined that that referred to users on the BBS, not the whole site. It would be worth it to PM liljim and find out though, this could be a cool feature for NG Log.

Didn't you read my responses to the other guy? It won't be happening.

At 4/17/07 08:02 PM, sinder87 wrote: try to put more than the last 5 like try to do 10 or 15

Why not... I'll do it this weekend.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-18 12:47:09

Give me a crown.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-18 13:58:35

At 4/18/07 09:38 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 4/17/07 04:11 PM, Solidone wrote: I would have always imagined that that referred to users on the BBS, not the whole site. It would be worth it to PM liljim and find out though, this could be a cool feature for NG Log.
Didn't you read my responses to the other guy? It won't be happening.

sorry. I missed that when i was reading before. Just shows i should be more careful.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-18 15:46:21

Is there a "times logged" stat in user rankings?

If not plz add it :-)

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-18 20:35:43

Make Whistle Level worth some stat point. And also can we have graphs of how we improved stat wise graphs make anything more serious and interesting

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-19 13:10:25

At 4/18/07 09:38 AM, Casualty wrote: Mostly it's just new users getting a garbage whistle because they didn't know how to correctly flag reviews...

True - that's something I didn't think of.

At 4/18/07 12:47 PM, Molotov wrote: Give me a crown.

Here's a couple.

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-22 09:10:44

Found a (small) bug today

You passed 7000 Blams. Impressive!
You entered the top 200 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

I am in the top 300, not 200... strange...

And a statistical change meant I lost 4 Exp, what does it mean?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-24 21:06:24

Two ideas.

1. A simple spell check on the post page, to check before you post. Could help cut down the spam.

2. A better search engine, which trys to find threads with both words entered before searching each word seperately. eg. you search animie club, will come up with hundreds of other threads with the word 'club' rather than both animie, and club.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-25 14:13:06

At 4/24/07 09:06 PM, Officer wrote: Two ideas.

1. A simple spell check on the post page, to check before you post. Could help cut down the spam.

If you use firefox you can turn on the spell checker(not sure if its already there or if you need an add-on though). I have a spell checker for my posts.

2. A better search engine, which trys to find threads with both words entered before searching each word seperately. eg. you search animie club, will come up with hundreds of other threads with the word 'club' rather than both animie, and club.

Also, are you sure you are not suggesting things for Ng log and not just for newgrounds? cause there is another thread for that.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-26 11:35:59

At 4/18/07 03:46 PM, juraj wrote: Is there a "times logged" stat in user rankings?

If not plz add it :-)

Too straining for the database. What you say means the script would have to browse trough ALL of the records in the stat table (currently 17,500+) every time the page is requested!

At 4/18/07 08:35 PM, Lockout wrote: Make Whistle Level worth some stat point.

Impossible, as I am using an "official" Total of stats. I believe is was established with the 10,000+ Pentalist.

I do could make up a new type of special total stat though... I'll think about it.

And also can we have graphs of how we improved stat wise graphs make anything more serious and interesting

I might work on that today. I have tried it before and failed miserably, but I feel like trying again...

At 4/22/07 09:10 AM, deslona wrote: Found a (small) bug today

You passed 7000 Blams. Impressive!
You entered the top 200 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

I am in the top 300, not 200... strange...

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. I'll fix it right away! Thanks for notifying me!

And a statistical change meant I lost 4 Exp, what does it mean?

It says you lost 4 Experience RANKS. Pretty obvious: you went down 4 places in the experience rankings...

At 4/24/07 09:06 PM, Officer wrote: Two ideas.

You obviously think you are in the Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution thread... Also, thank Solidone =)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-26 13:23:26

I have another suggestion for the lists page. How about track how many people have an A+, B+, C+, D+ Batting Average?

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-26 16:43:44

waht if NG got a IM its just an idea

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-27 00:34:46

At 4/16/07 05:06 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Ok, How about arranging the 'users' section in order of logs instead of the way it is now. So that the more dedicated users can find there name and times logged easier. At the moment it takes forever to see how many times I have logged my stats and I have to search through for ages just to find my name.

Great great idea.

I actually use the users page if I forget if I deposited that day to open my userpage without having to log in, but since gfoxcook is #127 and gfoxclock and gfox are #304 and 305, I have to do some major scrolling.

But I've logged my data 140/138/138 times, so if there was either an option to sort by times logged or a separate user list that ranks us by times logged in descending order, I'd be set for getting to those links a lot easier and faster.

Or, If that isnt possible how about a little column in your profile that tells you how many times you have logged. Either way is great for me!

I don't care so much about the number of times I've logged, but now we've got the number in our userpages, so I guess you got what you wanted!

Thanks Casualty!

Indeed. But hey, Casualty, can you take his original idea and come up with maybe a second user list (linked to from the main user list, perhaps?) that sorts by most-logged on downwards? Pllleeeeease? #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-27 00:35:54

At 4/26/07 11:35 AM, Casualty wrote: You obviously think you are in the Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution thread... Also, thank Solidone =)

Yeah, sent the wrong link :\

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-02 20:38:52

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how about an option to export all the results as a .csv file? I'd be curious to look at a histogram on my daily BPs for shits and giggles.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 20:14:45

The sites off right now. Can someone tell me who was UOTD?

Creator of the Burnout Series Club

Sig made by Marsupial

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 21:05:12

At 5/3/07 08:14 PM, stick-man-dude wrote: The sites off right now. Can someone tell me who was UOTD?

damn dude you missed it, you were the UOTD.

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 21:18:30

At 5/3/07 09:05 PM, Cereal wrote:
damn dude you missed it, you were the UOTD.

... Can anyone else tell me who was UOTD.

Sig made by Marsupial

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 21:22:01

Nevermind, it's back on for me.

Sig made by Marsupial

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 21:45:43

At 5/3/07 09:22 PM, stick-man-dude wrote: Nevermind, it's back on for me.

I have been getting this error since yesterday when I try to look at the rankings;

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\hshome\denvish\nglog.denvish.net\rankings.
php on line 94

Then when I refresh

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\hshome\denvish\nglog.denvish.net\rankings.
php on line 44

Why?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-03 22:56:10

hey, i can't log in, wrong username

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-05 03:01:52

At 5/3/07 09:45 PM, deslona wrote:
I have been getting this error since yesterday when I try to look at the rankings;

php on line 94

Im getting the same thing. I havent been able to see the rankings sheet for a few days now. Casualty seems to be a bit absent from this thread and NG in general lately. Maybe he is doing something special with the database!

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-07 18:22:54

This is just a suggestion: It's mine, and a few other people in the Wi/Ht? level up lounge's opinion, that every 1000th total stat point reached it not a true achievement. As it is an easier target, as all the points are added up. I think only every 10000th land mark should be marked as an achievement. But it's really up to your own judgment =)

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-07 18:30:28

I noticed you can get UOTD more then one time. Can you change that so you can only get it one time?

Sig made by Marsupial

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-08 12:01:32

Sorry fow my "absence" in this thread, but I never see it when it's bumped...

At 5/2/07 08:38 PM, pieoncar wrote: I don't know if this has been asked before, but how about an option to export all the results as a .csv file? I'd be curious to look at a histogram on my daily BPs for shits and giggles.

And a .csv file is? :P

At 5/3/07 09:45 PM, deslona wrote:
Why?

It's probably because the stats table (which is, of course used for the rankings) is getting too full. I might change the parameters for the page to pull only the last, say 3000 logs. There, it should work now...

At 5/5/07 03:01 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Im getting the same thing. I havent been able to see the rankings sheet for a few days now. Casualty seems to be a bit absent from this thread and NG in general lately. Maybe he is doing something special with the database!

As I said, should fixed now... Nothing special with the database for now :P

At 5/5/07 06:26 AM, Odyssic wrote: A icon maybe...
Like NG have the tank, youtube has the logo and maybe NGLOG could have a STAT logo.
Lol crap picture

Will be done immediately! I'll just put a NG Tank for the moment, but I'll make something cooler when I feel like.

At 5/7/07 06:22 PM, Shanus wrote: This is just a suggestion: etc etc

If you say so... Modified it to 10,000....

At 5/7/07 06:30 PM, stick-man-dude wrote: I noticed you can get UOTD more then one time. Can you change that so you can only get it one time?

Why would I do that?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-08 12:32:08

At 5/8/07 12:01 PM, Casualty wrote: Sorry fow my "absence" in this thread, but I never see it when it's bumped...

At 5/2/07 08:38 PM, pieoncar wrote: I don't know if this has been asked before, but how about an option to export all the results as a .csv file? I'd be curious to look at a histogram on my daily BPs for shits and giggles.

A comma separated variable file. I really don't see why anyone would need one of those but anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-08 18:55:50

At 5/8/07 12:32 PM, Solidone wrote:
At 5/8/07 12:01 PM, Casualty wrote: Sorry fow my "absence" in this thread, but I never see it when it's bumped...

A comma separated variable file. I really don't see why anyone would need one of those but anyway.

Yeah, a csv file might look something like...

Date, Blams, Saves, Posts
4/2/07, 100, 150, 200
4/3/07, 102, 155, 210
4/4/07, 109, 162, 214

and so on. The data in the file is delimited with commas and newlines; you can read a .csv file into Excel, and from there you could chart out your own statistics, or apply other equations to find ... whatever you want. I'm personally interested in seeing a histogram of how my daily BPs are distributed (normal curve, skewed, uniform, whatever) -- that would be too much effort with too little payoff to do in PHP, but if the data is all there in Excel it would take me 2 minutes to do.

So, it's pretty much just a database dump of one ID's records into a text file.