New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-21 19:05:11 Reply

Is this the right topic to say "I just discovered the website, it's great"? If so, I just discovered the website, it's great! I'm gonna try to use it once in a while.

Level: 18 (If you deposited every day, you would have 24530 EXP and you would be Level 28.5)
Time on NG: 6 year(s), 8 month(s) and 19 day(s) (=2453 days)

Almost 7 years on NG, that's just so sick.

Lockout
Lockout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-22 01:20:37 Reply

At 3/21/07 04:44 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
I been doing like over a million times and i still get the same thing. Thanks for trying to help!

I am in the same boat as dark. It is locked and discontinued and I have opened it as many times as I can possibly allow

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-22 12:43:47 Reply

If you're having problems opening Portal Guard:
I don't know what's causing this. I'll be checking it Saturday, but first of all, try this:
-Have your browser running while you open the program.
-Make sure NG Log is online.
-It sounds really stupid but: move the Portal Guard window before it prompts anything. I know that sounds ultimately stupid, but it worked twice for me already =/

At 3/21/07 02:57 AM, Sterockicy wrote: IDEA

I am not sure if this would be a hassel for you or not.

With the NG portal guard, Is it possible for you to change it so that it has a link to the NG portal somewhere?

Because the whole purpose of it is to check up to see if there are any new submissions when you are not on NG itself. If there is a new submission you have to open up expoler or firefox (I love firefox) and then type in www.newgrounds.com/portal. It would be so much easier if there was a link to either the portal or even better the submissions page. Is this possible?

Tell me what you think!

I know what you mean and I know how irritating it is not to be able to just click the little pop up window, but I don't know I would do it! I'll be asking the question in the programming forum Saturday (I'm gonna have a lot of work that day...) and I will probably get an answer. This feature will the be included in version 2. Yes, a new version, because I can't just update a program like I can update NG Log... And that's shitty.

At 3/21/07 07:05 PM, Nijsse wrote: Is this the right topic to say "I just discovered the website, it's great"? If so, I just discovered the website, it's great! I'm gonna try to use it once in a while.

Level: 18 (If you deposited every day, you would have 24530 EXP and you would be Level 28.5)
Time on NG: 6 year(s), 8 month(s) and 19 day(s) (=2453 days)

Almost 7 years on NG, that's just so sick.

Hahaha, you really should've deposited every day =P See what you would have achieved today!

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 06:53:33 Reply

If you had trouble opening Portal Guard:

That means, if that one error always came up, telling you the project had been discontinued, download this setup file and install Portal Guard again. After uninstalling the old version, of course.

Also, you can now disable the pop up sound and I added a little thing that tells you if you should download a new version...

I hope it works this time. If it doesn't, I really don't know what to do...

One another note, I'm going to try to get that "missed deposits" list working...

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 08:26:08 Reply

Why did you put in the "project discontinued" code? :-)

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 08:30:22 Reply

At 3/24/07 08:26 AM, juraj wrote: Why did you put in the "project discontinued" code? :-)

I put it so I would be able to shut down the project in case the admins didn't allow the project, or if it spawned something evil. You never know =)

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 08:43:22 Reply

At 3/24/07 08:30 AM, Casualty wrote: I put it so I would be able to shut down the project in case the admins didn't allow the project, or if it spawned something evil. You never know =)

Just interested, but what type of the logic bomb is it? With a positive or a negative trigger?

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 09:59:11 Reply

At 3/24/07 06:53 AM, Casualty wrote: If you had trouble opening Portal Guard:

That means, if that one error always came up, telling you the project had been discontinued, download this setup file and install Portal Guard again. After uninstalling the old version, of course.

Also, you can now disable the pop up sound and I added a little thing that tells you if you should download a new version...

It worked fine for 5 seconds and then i got a new error saying that "This System sucks"?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 10:53:05 Reply

At 3/24/07 08:43 AM, juraj wrote:
At 3/24/07 08:30 AM, Casualty wrote: I put it so I would be able to shut down the project in case the admins didn't allow the project, or if it spawned something evil. You never know =)
Just interested, but what type of the logic bomb is it? With a positive or a negative trigger?

Pretty negative, because it'd mean the program is no longer in use... Except you even get the error while there's nothing wrong, and I don't know why >:(

At 3/24/07 09:59 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: It worked fine for 5 seconds and then i got a new error saying that "This System sucks"?

That's the same error, actually. I don't know dude, maybe your computer just likes to rape you, because it works fine for most of the people...

UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-24 12:12:29 Reply

At 3/24/07 10:53 AM, Casualty wrote: That's the same error, actually. I don't know dude, maybe your computer just likes to rape you, because it works fine for most of the people...

Also works perfect for me. No errors or anything. Very nice work, Casualty.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-25 02:41:58 Reply

At 3/24/07 12:12 PM, UnknownFear wrote: Also works perfect for me. No errors or anything. Very nice work, Casualty.

Thanks for the support man =P

At 3/24/07 06:49 PM, LiquidSapphire wrote: I get this error when I try to open Portal Guard:

Link.

Hmmm... You can always try to download this file and put in in the Portal Guard folder (by default C:\Program Files\NG Portal Guard\). I don't know if it'll help, though...

head2toewinner
head2toewinner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-25 17:13:28 Reply

Hey Casualty I saw this asked and you didn't answer so i'll ask again. Can you put a link to the NG Portal Front Page so I don't have to go to it my self. It would make it a lot easier if it isn't to much work for you.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-26 13:21:59 Reply

At 3/25/07 05:13 PM, head2toewinner wrote: hello

If you download the new version, you'll see that I did add that feature =)

Frostbreath
Frostbreath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-26 14:04:27 Reply

At 3/25/07 02:41 AM, Casualty wrote: Hmmm... You can always try to download this file and put in in the Portal Guard folder (by default C:\Program Files\NG Portal Guard\). I don't know if it'll help, though...

It didn't. Guess i'm not cool enough to be cheating :P

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-26 17:30:49 Reply

Does anybody else get this Message?

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-27 10:47:39 Reply

At 3/26/07 02:04 PM, Frostbreath wrote:
At 3/25/07 02:41 AM, Casualty wrote: Hmmm... You can always try to download this file and put in in the Portal Guard folder (by default C:\Program Files\NG Portal Guard\). I don't know if it'll help, though...
It didn't. Guess i'm not cool enough to be cheating :P

Stop calling it cheating, you idiots =P

I'm sorry it didn't work, but there's nothing I can do =(

At 3/26/07 05:30 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Does anybody else get this Message?

Try starting again it a few times. If it still doesn't work... I guess you're doomed to live without it and to miss thousands of B/P points every day.

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-27 19:07:11 Reply

At 3/27/07 10:47 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/26/07 05:30 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Does anybody else get this Message?
Try starting again it a few times. If it still doesn't work... I guess you're doomed to live without it and to miss thousands of B/P points every day.

I guess I'm doomed.

BBS Signature
juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-29 12:20:55 Reply

Can please you add a function which will show all days with missed deposits, ie. when the previous day's log has the same amount of exp?

I know it sounds pointless but please? :-)

Solidone
Solidone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-29 13:12:40 Reply

At 3/25/07 05:13 PM, head2toewinner wrote: Hey Casualty I saw this asked and you didn't answer so i'll ask again. Can you put a link to the NG Portal Front Page so I don't have to go to it my self. It would make it a lot easier if it isn't to much work for you.

If youre talking about in portal guard, then making the little popups linked to the submission would be the bestest idea ever. Please Casualty.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 06:57:33 Reply

At 3/29/07 12:20 PM, juraj wrote: Can please you add a function which will show all days with missed deposits, ie. when the previous day's log has the same amount of exp?

I know it sounds pointless but please? :-)

It's a bit too pointless for the effort... Also, I'd have to expand it to every stat with max and min and stuff and I'll just see what I'm going to... Probably not though.

At 3/29/07 01:12 PM, Solidone wrote: If youre talking about in portal guard, then making the little popups linked to the submission would be the bestest idea ever. Please Casualty.

Hmm, probably in the next version. Which will be out together with the redesign. You'll have to wait until then =)

Solidone
Solidone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 07:06:03 Reply

At 4/3/07 06:57 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/29/07 01:12 PM, Solidone wrote: If youre talking about in portal guard, then making the little popups linked to the submission would be the bestest idea ever. Please Casualty.
Hmm, probably in the next version. Which will be out together with the redesign. You'll have to wait until then =)

okay then. Just out of plain curiosity, how come your planning on launching Portal guard V.2 with the redesign, any particular reason or you just thought it would be a cool idea?

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 09:28:37 Reply

At 4/3/07 07:06 AM, Solidone wrote: okay then. Just out of plain curiosity, how come your planning on launching Portal guard V.2 with the redesign, any particular reason or you just thought it would be a cool idea?

The whole system will have changed. liljim will put up RSS feeds and I will pass the page trough NG Log. It's a pretty long explanation, but it will put less strain on NG...

Imacow
Imacow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 09:44:14 Reply

Would it be possible to teel you the date you would get a certain level when you use the "Estimate" feature the same way it tells you when you will get your next level. I think that would be a nice addition.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 09:59:59 Reply

At 4/3/07 09:44 AM, Imacow wrote: Would it be possible to teel you the date you would get a certain level when you use the "Estimate" feature the same way it tells you when you will get your next level. I think that would be a nice addition.

Good idea, I added it to every estimation type. Thanks!

Imacow
Imacow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-03 15:42:37 Reply

At 4/3/07 09:59 AM, Casualty wrote: Good idea, I added it to every estimation type. Thanks!

No, thank you for working so hard.

BBS Signature
Frostbreath
Frostbreath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-05 13:35:33 Reply

Hey, now you can see how many flashes and audios you have! Nice add, Cas =)

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-05 14:30:05 Reply

At 4/5/07 01:35 PM, Frostbreath wrote: Hey, now you can see how many flashes and audios you have! Nice add, Cas =)

No problem dude! I had been thinking about this for a while, and Bahamut gave the final push.

If you have any ideas about what I could do with those stats, tell me please =) (Rankings will probably be added tomorrow)...

TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-06 11:57:26 Reply

How about a stat that says when you were UOTD on the BBS here and on NG Log? because I really don't want to go through massive pages of names, looking for mine.

Frostbreath
Frostbreath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-07 07:42:48 Reply

At 4/6/07 11:57 AM, TheThing wrote: How about a stat that says when you were UOTD on the BBS here and on NG Log? because I really don't want to go through massive pages of names, looking for mine.

Finding your name is easy! Just go to the page of past uotd's, press ctrl+f, and type your username. Takes one minute, tops.

schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-04-14 07:32:22 Reply

I just found another glitch in the site.

After logging my stats for the first time in a while today, I got the message "You entered the top 10 in B/P Points. Outstanding!", but that's not actually true. In reality, I have been in the top 10 for a long time; what happened now is that I actually moved *down* from #9 to #10 after AfroUnderscoreStud passed me. :)

I assume that the site treats all movement that results in you being in the top 10 as "you entered the top 10", but it really shouldn't - it should also check whether you weren't already there before. :)

On a similar note, how about a "negative" section to complement the achievements? Something along the lines of "You lost a B/P rank today! Blimey!" or so, and similar for other things. "One of your reviews was deleted today! Crap!", or "You forgot to deposit twice since your last login! Rats!"[1], and so on. ^^

1. For this, of course, be careful to handle situations correctly where someone deposits on one day, then logs, and then logs again on the next day before depositing - he didn't miss one, then, even though a day has passed. :)

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur
Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit
Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur