New Topic Respond to this Topic
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-17 09:25:06 Reply

At 5/17/07 07:17 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Thanks Casualty. I'm loving the new users page. I am pretty high on the list. 31st for the amount of times I have logged!

I'm not going to catch your any time soon though!

lol yeah, but I had the privilege of testing for like, a month. I missed quite a few logs, when you think of it. But hey, that's not like experience, is it...

schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-18 17:23:01 Reply

Seems like there's some sort of bug again - I currently see the following in my "latest stats":

Level: 16 (If you deposited every day, you would have 9830 EXP and you would be Level -486.08)
Time until next level: -4 year(s), -50 month(s) and 12 day(s) (on 28 Mar 03, that is).

Also, how about an option to have an email sent to you when your stats are logged with (at least) the IP address of the person who did it? I can't shirk the feeling that somebody else has been logging my stats at least once recently (and possibly more often than that), and while it's not a big deal, it does feel a bit strange...

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur
Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit
Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-18 17:54:21 Reply

At 5/18/07 05:23 PM, schneelocke wrote: Seems like there's some sort of bug again - I currently see the following in my "latest stats":

Level: 16 (If you deposited every day, you would have 9830 EXP and you would be Level -486.08)
Time until next level: -4 year(s), -50 month(s) and 12 day(s) (on 28 Mar 03, that is).

It looks like there was something wrong with Denvish's .txt file that contains the exp of the LVL 30 and the time on which it was pulled. The LVL 30 exp appeared as blank, and was thus counted for 0.
I have manually replaced the files (the other one is the one for his own experience calculator) but if tomorrow the problem appears again (or in 6 hours, update time), I will have to do something. Denvish isn't available for a while, so I might even have to look into his code...

We'll just see what happens...

Also, how about an option to have an email sent to you when your stats are logged with (at least) the IP address of the person who did it? I can't shirk the feeling that somebody else has been logging my stats at least once recently (and possibly more often than that), and while it's not a big deal, it does feel a bit strange...

I might activate that, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll probably only work on it next week though. Busy times...

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-19 02:41:28 Reply

And only now I realize the erroneous update is due to the fact that NG was down during the processing of the page...

Good to know, isn't it :)

schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-19 06:41:03 Reply

At 5/18/07 05:54 PM, Casualty wrote: It looks like there was something wrong with Denvish's .txt file that contains the exp of the LVL 30 and the time on which it was pulled. The LVL 30 exp appeared as blank, and was thus counted for 0.
I have manually replaced the files (the other one is the one for his own experience calculator) but if tomorrow the problem appears again (or in 6 hours, update time), I will have to do something. Denvish isn't available for a while, so I might even have to look into his code...

Ah, OK. :) Mmm, it might be an idea to add a check for problems when pulling that file, then, and to disable these estimates altogether when they're not reliable.

I might activate that, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll probably only work on it next week though. Busy times...

Cool, looking forward to it. ^^

At 5/19/07 02:41 AM, Casualty wrote: And only now I realize the erroneous update is due to the fact that NG was down during the processing of the page...

Good to know, isn't it :)

Heh, yeah. :) Maybe the last "good" value for the level 30 user(s)'s XP should be cached for cases like this?

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-20 02:24:33 Reply

At 5/19/07 06:41 AM, schneelocke wrote: Heh, yeah. :) Maybe the last "good" value for the level 30 user(s)'s XP should be cached for cases like this?

Meh, it's only fucked up for 6 hours. Even though we like being huge stat whores, I think we can live 6 hours without knowing how much time is left during the level up.

Besides, it's Denvish who does this, so you'll have to ask him :P

Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-20 03:37:55 Reply

Hey Casualty, I know this is completely beside the point of this thread but I cant log on to Messanger for some reason.

Have you ever played Guitar Hero 2 before?

If you havent I suggest you do because there just happens to be a Lamb of God song on it!!!

Very hard song to play but very fun!

Sorry for the randomness!

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature
schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-20 06:13:18 Reply

At 5/20/07 02:24 AM, Casualty wrote: Meh, it's only fucked up for 6 hours. Even though we like being huge stat whores, I think we can live 6 hours without knowing how much time is left during the level up.

True. Still, I think it'd be a good idea to not display the estimates at all then, at least. ^^

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-20 06:28:06 Reply

At 5/20/07 03:37 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Hey Casualty, I know this is completely beside the point of this thread but I cant log on to Messanger for some reason.

Do I have you added on MSN? :P I have so many contacts on there I can't remember anyone except those I talk with all the time.

Have you ever played Guitar Hero 2 before?

If you havent I suggest you do because there just happens to be a Lamb of God song on it!!!
Very hard song to play but very fun!

I heard the song is Laid To Rest. AWESOME song, though the GH cover kinda sucks. And no, I never played Guitar Hero, I prefer to play the real guitar :)

At 5/20/07 06:13 AM, schneelocke wrote: True. Still, I think it'd be a good idea to not display the estimates at all then, at least. ^^

If I ever think of it, I'll fix that :P

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-22 12:58:35 Reply

It's still in testing phase, but I added a function that will allow you to receive emails when your stats are logged, if you want to. In this email you will be notified of the IP address that logged your stats.

This is kind of a useless function, except if you want to make sure you're the only one to log your stats...

Also, if you want to use this function, make sure the right email is in the database. Go HERE to check that.

Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-22 13:13:24 Reply

At 5/22/07 12:58 PM, Casualty wrote: It's still in testing phase, but I added a function that will allow you to receive emails when your stats are logged, if you want to. In this email you will be notified of the IP address that logged your stats.

This is kind of a useless function, except if you want to make sure you're the only one to log your stats...

Also, if you want to use this function, make sure the right email is in the database. Go HERE to check that.

Strange but cool feature, there has been a few times when my stats were different from the day before

Keep those updates comin :D

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature
qmzp
qmzp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-22 20:37:02 Reply

how about something that says how cool you are
or something like how many people your website attracts

click the pie or die!

BBS Signature
schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-23 04:02:48 Reply

At 5/22/07 12:58 PM, Casualty wrote: It's still in testing phase, but I added a function that will allow you to receive emails when your stats are logged, if you want to. In this email you will be notified of the IP address that logged your stats.

Cool! :)

"Error: Could not identify user!"

Hmm, how about adding a login box to that error message? :)

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-24 13:17:18 Reply

At 5/23/07 04:02 AM, schneelocke wrote: Cool! :)

Thanks! Well, it was your idea...

"Error: Could not identify user!"

Hmm, how about adding a login box to that error message? :)

Hmm, I don't get that error when I log in with your account... How did you trigger it?

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-27 20:44:10 Reply

How about Keeping track of Review Responses you got that day?

I have a penis

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 02:56:25 Reply

At 5/27/07 08:44 PM, wegra2007 wrote: How about Keeping track of Review Responses you got that day?

Why not... I added it right next to the review responses.

deslona
deslona
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 05:28:04 Reply

At 5/28/07 02:56 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 5/27/07 08:44 PM, wegra2007 wrote: How about Keeping track of Review Responses you got that day?
Why not... I added it right next to the review responses.

For the "compare" feature, can you also add the last time both users logged into NG log and the amount days difference (if any) ? - this of course shouldn't be part of the total.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 13:53:25 Reply

it's been nearly a week since i last logged into NG Log, but i noticed that in red text above my level icon, it now says "Experience NOT deposited yet". my experience points have, in fact, been deposited today, so i dunno what's going on there.

sorry if this is point has already been made.

BBS Signature
Solidone
Solidone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 14:00:48 Reply

At 5/28/07 01:53 PM, NEVR wrote: it's been nearly a week since i last logged into NG Log, but i noticed that in red text above my level icon, it now says "Experience NOT deposited yet". my experience points have, in fact, been deposited today, so i dunno what's going on there.

I got that same thing when i logged my stats today. I didn't miss any days like you though. And i deposited my exp a few minutes before logging my stats.

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 22:55:05 Reply

At 5/28/07 01:53 PM, NEVR wrote: it's been nearly a week since i last logged into NG Log, but i noticed that in red text above my level icon, it now says "Experience NOT deposited yet". my experience points have, in fact, been deposited today, so i dunno what's going on there.

sorry if this is point has already been made.

It's comparing your exp right now to either your exp a day ago or your exp 7 days ago, I'd guess.

It works fine for me, but then I:

A) deposit every day, for the most part.
B) log my stats with NGlog AFTER I deposit, every day (since January of this year, at least, I didn't do it that often before 2007)

I have a feeling if you follow the above steps for a week or so, depositing every day, and making sure to update your stats on NGlog every day AFTER you deposit on NG... then it'll be accurate. Give it a shot.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-28 22:59:25 Reply

At 5/22/07 12:58 PM, Casualty wrote: It's still in testing phase, but I added a function that will allow you to receive emails when your stats are logged, if you want to.

I was wondering why in hell that feature was added when I saw it on the site a week or so ago...

In this email you will be notified of the IP address that logged your stats.

But now having read this page of the thread...

I believe I fully understand now! #;-}>

Quick question, though: What's to stop someone else from changing it to stop e-mailing the person on their login?

Or from changing the e-mail address to send the e-mail to them instead of to the rightful owner of the account?

Or.... hell, speaking of that... what's to stop people who aren't the owner of an account from setting other peoples' accounts to e-mail only them all the time. Like, couldn't you go and just set the TomFulp account on NGlog to e-mail Denvish every time someone logs Tom's data, for instance?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-29 07:20:17 Reply

At 5/28/07 10:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote: It works fine for me, but then I:

A) deposit every day, for the most part.
B) log my stats with NGlog AFTER I deposit, every day (since January of this year, at least, I didn't do it that often before 2007)

I have a feeling if you follow the above steps for a week or so, depositing every day, and making sure to update your stats on NGlog every day AFTER you deposit on NG... then it'll be accurate. Give it a shot.

i always log my stats after depositing... but it could be because i missed a deposit last week. anyway, i'll do as you say, and if it's still showing up in a week, i'll post here again or PM Casualty.

cheers everyone

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-29 11:33:43 Reply

THE DEPOSIT PROBLEM SHOULD BE FIXED! Thank you all for bringing this to my attention. My mistake was to set up a condition in which the experience difference had to be equal to 10 and not > than 10. So, should be fixed.

At 5/28/07 05:28 AM, deslona wrote: For the "compare" feature, can you also add the last time both users logged into NG log and the amount days difference (if any) ? - this of course shouldn't be part of the total.

I added the dates, but not the difference. Who needs the difference anyway? The date you log your stats isn't really a stat...

At 5/28/07 10:59 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I believe I fully understand now! #;-}>

Yay!

Quick question, though: What's to stop someone else from changing it to stop e-mailing the person on their login?

Well... Weren't you the one who made me remove passwords? ;)

Or from changing the e-mail address to send the e-mail to them instead of to the rightful owner of the account?

Or.... hell, speaking of that... what's to stop people who aren't the owner of an account from setting other peoples' accounts to e-mail only them all the time. Like, couldn't you go and just set the TomFulp account on NGlog to e-mail Denvish every time someone logs Tom's data, for instance?

Nothing. I don't think people will try to irritate other people by using NG Log. I am assuming the users are mature enough to use the site as it has to be used. NG Log is not really the kind of site you'd use to create havoc, is it?

If someone really has a problem, my email address is stipulated in each mail, so they can always reach me. I can turn off the feature for users if I want, or I could find any other system to stop that from happening. So if it ever happens, I'll be ready #;-}>

Solidone
Solidone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-29 11:41:30 Reply

At 5/29/07 11:33 AM, Casualty wrote: THE DEPOSIT PROBLEM SHOULD BE FIXED! Thank you all for bringing this to my attention. My mistake was to set up a condition in which the experience difference had to be equal to 10 and not > than 10. So, should be fixed.

Glad you got it sorted.

Nothing. I don't think people will try to irritate other people by using NG Log. I am assuming the users are mature enough to use the site as it has to be used. NG Log is not really the kind of site you'd use to create havoc, is it?

The way i see it, the only people who use NGlog seem to be the regulars who respect Ng and know how it works and wouldn't tamper with the emails like that. People who are more likely to try and mess things up are less likely to be using NGlog.

BBS Signature
pieoncar
pieoncar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-29 17:18:39 Reply

I (and a few other profiles I just checked) have -1 audio tracks (down from zero). You probably will have already seen that before you see this post, but I'm just letting you know anyway.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-29 17:33:15 Reply

At 5/29/07 11:33 AM, Casualty wrote: THE DEPOSIT PROBLEM SHOULD BE FIXED!

you are correct. it seems well and truly fixed. =)

BBS Signature
Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-30 03:43:07 Reply

Hi Casualty.

I hate pointing out your mistakes (i love it) and I found the following one with that new feature you brought in. Instead of explaining it I will just show you the screenie.

NOTE: I have never submitted a audio track in my life.

NG Log Ideas

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-30 08:24:34 Reply

Good to know that I am not the only one with -1 Audio Tracks -.-

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-30 09:14:09 Reply

I should have known about the audio tracks... I'll fix it ASAP!

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-05-30 10:12:08 Reply

no rest for the wicked, casualty =)

BBS Signature