It's not working.

Sterockicy
Sterockicy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 16th, 2007 @ 09:34 PM Reply

Lol, I am bringing this thread back to life with a cool idea that I would like to run by you Casualty.

Is it possible to have text that comes up next to your stats once you hit a milestone.

Example of what I mean:

Say that you have made 10,000 b/p points. Above all of your stats it would say something like.

New Achievement/s:

10,000b/p points, Congratulations.

Something like that would be awesome. It would be a great way for users to quickly notice an achievement they might not have realised they had made.

Do you understand what I mean?

Is it possible?

Thanks Casualty!

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature
AtomicTerrorist
AtomicTerrorist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 16th, 2007 @ 09:53 PM Reply

I could have been a level 16 right now :'(
iv missed 230 days of voting :'(

I never noticed that feature before

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 19th, 2007 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Any chance of a voting power ranking? I'd love to see how close I am to the top 100 Voting power list.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Fox
Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 19th, 2007 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 1/27/07 07:47 AM, Frenzy wrote: Maybe like a PM counter?

Sure, but that seems kinda useless. Also, It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that.

Sigs are overrated.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 19th, 2007 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 2/16/07 09:34 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Lol, I am bringing this thread back to life with a cool idea that I would like to run by you Casualty.

Is it possible to have text that comes up next to your stats once you hit a milestone.

Example of what I mean:

Say that you have made 10,000 b/p points. Above all of your stats it would say something like.

New Achievement/s:

10,000b/p points, Congratulations.

Something like that would be awesome. It would be a great way for users to quickly notice an achievement they might not have realised they had made.

Do you understand what I mean?

Is it possible?

Thanks Casualty!

I have implanted a function that tells you when you pass X*1000 Experience, B/P, Blams, Saves, Posts and Total Stats, and another that detects the milestones of X*100 (Audio/Flash) Reviews. Last but not least, a VP function that does the same for every integer.

I don't really know if it works, though. You might wanna tell me if it does when you achieve one of the things listed above.

At 2/16/07 09:53 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: I could have been a level 16 right now :'(
iv missed 230 days of voting :'(

I never noticed that feature before

That's because it's new since past week =P

At 2/19/07 03:59 PM, Coop83 wrote: Any chance of a voting power ranking? I'd love to see how close I am to the top 100 Voting power list.

That's been there for long =P The problem is, not every NG member is registered to NG Log, making the list inaccurate. There's nothing I can do about that =(

Myst
Myst
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 19th, 2007 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Well, sorry Casualty but I just discovered that site (and was surprised to be already registered), and I don't have time right now to give you suggestions. I'd like to tell you the idea's great though ! It's definitely stat-whores' paradise. It's pretty well done, has a freaking lot of information, is easy to browse and fun to look at. Definitely a great idea with which you've done something good :)

The only downside is it's rather slow right now, but since I'm browsing at the worst possible hour for bandwidth I won't complain much neither ;)

Good work

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 19th, 2007 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 2/19/07 05:54 PM, Myst wrote: Well, sorry Casualty but I just discovered that site (and was surprised to be already registered), and I don't have time right now to give you suggestions. I'd like to tell you the idea's great though ! It's definitely stat-whores' paradise. It's pretty well done, has a freaking lot of information, is easy to browse and fun to look at. Definitely a great idea with which you've done something good :)

You probably registered months ago and forgot about it. It's changed quite a lot now, you know =P Thanks for the comments! I appreciate it!

The only downside is it's rather slow right now, but since I'm browsing at the worst possible hour for bandwidth I won't complain much neither ;)

Well, there's tons of calculations to be made with those stats, and I'm not exactly a clean programmer...

Good work

Thanks =D

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 20th, 2007 @ 06:24 AM Reply

Hi Casualty, you should check your PM inbox for a bug on NG log.

And also, I've done to NG log the same thing you do to Newgrounds: a cron script on my web server will log my account two times a day :-)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 20th, 2007 @ 08:18 AM Reply

At 2/19/07 05:29 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 2/19/07 03:59 PM, Coop83 wrote: Any chance of a voting power ranking? I'd love to see how close I am to the top 100 Voting power list.
That's been there for long =P The problem is, not every NG member is registered to NG Log, making the list inaccurate. There's nothing I can do about that =(

Have you tried PMing liljim about this? Maybe he can get the stats mined off for you and provide you with a weekly update?

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 20th, 2007 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 2/20/07 06:24 AM, juraj wrote: Hi Casualty, you should check your PM inbox for a bug on NG log.

I replied and I don't think it's anything to worry about... Thanks for telling though!

And also, I've done to NG log the same thing you do to Newgrounds: a cron script on my web server will log my account two times a day :-)

Nice! But I am currently developing a little program that runs on the background on your computer and the logs stats with intervals of your choice =P

At 2/20/07 08:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Have you tried PMing liljim about this? Maybe he can get the stats mined off for you and provide you with a weekly update?

Oh but I could easily make a top 1,000 VP list or whatever, but that's not NG Log, that's more like NG Lists. And that is about the same as the list topics in Wi/Ht...

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 20th, 2007 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 2/20/07 09:14 AM, Casualty wrote: Oh but I could easily make a top 1,000 VP list or whatever, but that's not NG Log, that's more like NG Lists. And that is about the same as the list topics in Wi/Ht...

Thought it was worth a try. I'm a different type of stat whore. It never hurts to ask

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 22nd, 2007 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Can you do account validation using PMs on Newgrounds?

How everything currently is, everyone can sign up for anyone's name, and enter their own mail. It'd be cool if you had a bot account here on NG which would send sign up confirmation urls in PMs (you know, something like those confirmations which are common on web forums, when registering). Of course, don't forget to secure the thing against spam.

I'm not sure what Wade or other admins will say about this idea, though.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Any method of working out the following stats:

Total reviews (not displayed ont he profile, but displayed ont he rankings list, I'll grant you)
Total review responses
Review response rate.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 10:25 AM Reply

At 2/22/07 05:04 PM, juraj wrote: Can you do account validation using PMs on Newgrounds?

How everything currently is, everyone can sign up for anyone's name, and enter their own mail. It'd be cool if you had a bot account here on NG which would send sign up confirmation urls in PMs (you know, something like those confirmations which are common on web forums, when registering). Of course, don't forget to secure the thing against spam.

I'm not sure what Wade or other admins will say about this idea, though.

Actually, I'm not using and I will probably never use the email addresses people entered. Therefor, it is not really important to moderate that part.

There used to be passwords on NG Log, be I removed that because it served nothing. Who cares if someone else logs your stats? =P

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 10:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: Any method of working out the following stats:

Total reviews (not displayed ont he profile, but displayed ont he rankings list, I'll grant you)
Total review responses
Review response rate.

That's not really a bad idea... There's one problem though. If I want to count the review responses, I have to rewrite the script and make it so that it goes to every review the user has and check the responses. There's 2 reasons for which I won't do it:
-I'm too lazy (obviously).
-It would be way too straining for both the NG Log server and the NG server.

Thanks for the idea though!

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 11:07 AM Reply

it isn't totally relevant but you could like NG has have an "NG Logger Of The Day"

wesdood
wesdood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 1/26/07 07:37 PM, iscrulz wrote: a ban count, where when a user gets banned can manually enter the data and the NG log will keep a record.

mine would be around 55 so far

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 11:07 AM, SBB wrote: it isn't totally relevant but you could like NG has have an "NG Logger Of The Day"

To do so I would need a cronjob to be set up... I'll ask Denvish about this when I have time. Not a bad idea, I think it could work...

AfroUnderscoreStud
AfroUnderscoreStud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 23rd, 2007 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 10:28 AM, Casualty wrote: That's not really a bad idea... There's one problem though. If I want to count the review responses, I have to rewrite the script and make it so that it goes to every review the user has and check the responses.

Not really. If you add '&has_responses=Y' to the end of the link to someone's reviews, it brings up just their responses. So for example a link to your responses is this.

The formula for working out how many responses someone has is 10P-10+L

P=Number of pages
L=Number of responses on the last page

So the script would only really have to calculate the number of pages and the number of responses on the last page.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 24th, 2007 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 11:26 AM, AfroUnderscoreStud wrote:
At 2/23/07 10:28 AM, Casualty wrote: That's not really a bad idea... There's one problem though. If I want to count the review responses, I have to rewrite the script and make it so that it goes to every review the user has and check the responses.
Not really. If you add '&has_responses=Y' to the end of the link to someone's reviews, it brings up just their responses. So for example a link to your responses is this.

The formula for working out how many responses someone has is 10P-10+L

P=Number of pages
L=Number of responses on the last page

So the script would only really have to calculate the number of pages and the number of responses on the last page.

Well yeah, but the thing is, I only use the profile of the user for now. I'll just quickly try it and if it works you'll see it soon enough. Thanks for the hints, I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself...

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 24th, 2007 @ 04:27 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 10:28 AM, Casualty wrote: That's not really a bad idea...
At 2/23/07 11:26 AM, AfroUnderscoreStud wrote: Here's how you make it work

Wow, I've been useful. Thanks for that people and I hope it actually comes to something now!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 24th, 2007 @ 04:52 AM Reply

Hahaha, I added some random message in the header! If you have ideas for those, post them too!

At 2/24/07 04:27 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/23/07 10:28 AM, Casualty wrote: That's not really a bad idea...
At 2/23/07 11:26 AM, AfroUnderscoreStud wrote: Here's how you make it work
Wow, I've been useful. Thanks for that people and I hope it actually comes to something now!

There you have it, it's done =)

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 24th, 2007 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 11:10 AM, wesdood wrote:
At 1/26/07 07:37 PM, iscrulz wrote: a ban count, where when a user gets banned can manually enter the data and the NG log will keep a record.
mine would be around 55 so far

hey good going my starting from the invention of the ng log wouldnt be near that. only 24.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
HomerDough
HomerDough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 25th, 2007 @ 01:59 AM Reply

How about a Top 200 list for review responses? You just added it in.

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 25th, 2007 @ 03:11 AM Reply

At 2/25/07 01:59 AM, HomerDough wrote: How about a Top 200 list for review responses? You just added it in.

I was sure someone would ask it... *sigh*.. I'll just do it then =P

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 25th, 2007 @ 08:38 AM Reply

At 2/23/07 11:19 AM, Casualty wrote: To do so I would need a cronjob to be set up... I'll ask Denvish about this when I have time. Not a bad idea, I think it could work...

Huh? No need for a cronjob. If the user opens up the page and there's no user of the day selected, select him and store today's date with it. All other hits that day, the script will check for today's user of day and display him/her.

That's like pseudocron.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 25th, 2007 @ 10:07 AM Reply

Stats over a certain period- as in entering a start and an end date and get the stats you've got these days

HomerDough
HomerDough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 25th, 2007 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Just wanted to point something weird on NG log; There are 666 users with the normal whistle. Just wanted to point that out. Pretty weird though.

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 26th, 2007 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 2/26/07 03:17 AM, HypnoticMudpie wrote: There must be a glitch or something right now, since I can't login. I just get these stuff:

Eveything works fine here.