00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,186 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-02 15:52:04

audio review responses would be damn helpful since you can't keep track of them at NG :)

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-04 03:53:18

What about those broken UOTD images? Every day I open the NG log front page I see a broken pic in UOTD's corner.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-04 06:04:03

Showing profile pics of all users on their stat page.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-04 09:59:46

At 2/28/07 02:06 PM, juraj wrote:
At 2/28/07 08:12 AM, Casualty wrote: Nope, and I hope that's a motivation to visit the site very day ;)
Don't make me set up another cron. :-)

Maybe you should =P

At 2/28/07 11:16 PM, Shanus wrote: May have been suggested all ready but as you've got total flash review responses, it would be good to have total audio review responses, there is nowhere you can get this info with out lookin through the reviews.

That's the only improvement I can think of
And lamb of god do rule, yes

I COULD do that, but I'm too lazy and nobody would really check that. I'll do it when I'm REALLY bored though. Oh and... LAMB OF GOD IS THE BEST BAND EVER.

At 2/28/07 11:39 PM, PenguinLink wrote: Well, those are some ideas. I'm sure I'll come up with more in the near future, that is, if you don't have a problem with me posting them. I hope I was somewhat helpful. :)

Added some of them! Thanks for the great ideas mate!

At 3/2/07 03:24 PM, juraj wrote: I I think you should get a more reliable DB host :-)

Denvish was kind enough to let me put NG Log on his host, I can't really ask for more... =)

At 3/2/07 03:52 PM, SBB wrote: audio review responses would be damn helpful since you can't keep track of them at NG :)

Ah.. Someone else asking too.. Well, maybe later.

At 3/4/07 03:53 AM, juraj wrote: What about those broken UOTD images? Every day I open the NG log front page I see a broken pic in UOTD's corner.

Hmmm... I forgot people can also upload .jpg files. That's OK now, I fixed it. Thanks for the help!

At 3/4/07 06:04 AM, SBB wrote: Showing profile pics of all users on their stat page.

That's nice, but NG Log already is slow enough, I think =P

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-04 13:20:32

At 3/4/07 09:59 AM, Casualty wrote: Added some of them! Thanks for the great ideas mate!

Great! I'm glad I was able to help. You have no idea how great it feels to have your ideas be incorporated into someone else's hard work. Thanks a lot, buddy. :)

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-04 20:21:41

ok. just look at the pic.

Notice the background surrounding the "JACKIN" and "SIGNUP" turn it the same colour as the other background, not yellow. (SEE new pic)

and where the ***k are my blams!?!?!

NG Log Ideas

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-05 02:52:25

At 3/4/07 01:20 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
At 3/4/07 09:59 AM, Casualty wrote: Added some of them! Thanks for the great ideas mate!
Great! I'm glad I was able to help. You have no idea how great it feels to have your ideas be incorporated into someone else's hard work. Thanks a lot, buddy. :)

It is a great feeling isnt it? I have also had one of my ideas added to NG log. So you can all thank me for the 'Lists' section. :-)

Also, your idea was great PenguinLink! I am glad those great one liners were added. Hmmm... I am sure I will think of another idea sooner or later, I guess you will just have to wait a bit Casualty before my brain thinks of a masterpiece idea.

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-06 05:46:36

i saw the new pace feature, but it wasn't what i expected it to be...instead, you should make a feature that you can see how much places you went up in the experience and blams rankings, but since you registered, not each day.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-06 15:36:52

say what day we will level up if we deposit experience every day. like, instead of putting 300 days you could put 300 days (on june 1 is next lvl up). i hope u understand

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-07 09:39:58

At 3/4/07 08:21 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: ok. just look at the pic.

Notice the background surrounding the "JACKIN" and "SIGNUP" turn it the same colour as the other background, not yellow. (SEE new pic)

And what do you think about the way it is now? I'm too lazy to open Photo Shop now =P

and where the ***k are my blams!?!?!

Are you sure you passed x*1,000 Blams?

At 3/6/07 05:46 AM, kilder wrote: i saw the new pace feature, but it wasn't what i expected it to be...instead, you should make a feature that you can see how much places you went up in the experience and blams rankings, but since you registered, not each day.

I can't see that, and it's a stupid idea. You went up millions of places, of course. Whatever.

At 3/6/07 03:36 PM, Bstuk2 wrote: say what day we will level up if we deposit experience every day. like, instead of putting 300 days you could put 300 days (on june 1 is next lvl up). i hope u understand

Yeah, good idea, I put it up... I just discovered I would level up on my birthday if the site isn't updated yet =P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-07 09:52:25

I can't see that, and it's a stupid idea. You went up millions of places, of course. Whatever.

since you register to ng log, not to newgrounds...
nevermind

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-07 10:12:07

At 3/7/07 09:52 AM, kilder wrote:

since you register to ng log, not to newgrounds...
nevermind

I see what you mean, but ranking up on NG Log doesn't mean anything...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-08 08:45:10

hmmm...good point.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-08 22:58:33

At 3/7/07 09:39 AM, Casualty wrote:
And what do you think about the way it is now? I'm too lazy to open Photo Shop now =P

my way looks way better :) you lazy bum lol

IM IN HAWAII!!!

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-09 01:27:20

Ok I have an idea that is quite simple to make but also very cool.

Have a calculations section that can tell you:

How many b/p points you would have if you made: (Put your number in here)points per day.
How many posts you would have if you made: (Put your number in here) posts per day.

And etc. if you can think of any other calculations.

Another idea is very VERY simple but also very time saving and helpful.

Something that tells you how many EXP points you would have if you deposited every day.

I know that you added a thing that says you would be Level 10.76 or whatever but I think having how many points you would have is much better and more helpful. I know its majoring easy to find out this by yourself but I think it would be a easy and effective feature.

Also, How is that program you were making going?

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-09 03:54:40

At 3/9/07 01:27 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Also, How is that program you were making going?

You can use this script if you need a 1-click-log :-)
(works wonderfully in combination with crons)

http://pastebin.ca/raw/387347

If you desperately need a host, PM me.

BTW, WTF is this?
http://nglog.denvish.net/browse.php?id=293

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-09 09:45:19

Maybe NG Music on the site?
So we can tune in on it :)

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-10 05:28:43

At 3/8/07 10:58 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote:
At 3/7/07 09:39 AM, Casualty wrote: And what do you think about the way it is now? I'm too lazy to open Photo Shop now =P
my way looks way better :) you lazy bum lol

Hahaha I'm not changing it =P

IM IN HAWAII!!!

Congrats =)

At 3/9/07 01:27 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Ok I have an idea that is quite simple to make but also very cool.

How many b/p points you would have if you made: (Put your number in here)points per day.
How many posts you would have if you made: (Put your number in here) posts per day.

Good idea! I did that, and I put the Experience, B/P, B, P and Posts as stats. I suppose that's just what you need.

Something that tells you how many EXP points you would have if you deposited every day.

I know that you added a thing that says you would be Level 10.76 or whatever but I think having how many points you would have is much better and more helpful. I know its majoring easy to find out this by yourself but I think it would be a easy and effective feature.

It already tells you... If you deposited every day (9062 EXP)

I'm kinda leaving it how it is. I mean, what's the use... Going to the site isn't THAT much more than pressing some button on your system tray... But thanks for asking!

At 3/9/07 03:54 AM, juraj wrote: You can use this script if you need a 1-click-log :-)
(works wonderfully in combination with crons)

http://pastebin.ca/raw/387347

Hahah, that's cool! But I modified the stat-pulling a while ago, so now you can just go to http://www.nglog.denvish.net/stats.php?user=y ourusername if you want. That's kinda easier, and I needed it for my program (which is now discontinued =P)

BTW, WTF is this?
http://nglog.denvish.net/browse.php?id=293

Hmmm, looks like an empty user... I deleted him because his username was null.

At 3/9/07 09:45 AM, HyperRaider wrote: Maybe NG Music on the site?
So we can tune in on it :)

That'd be hot, but there are a few problems:

-What music would I use?
-I'd have to make something like the NGAP flash, which would be rip-off and I'm to lazy to do it.
-I'd have to start using frames, and modify the whole site in function of these (the links, that is). Plus, frames suck for compatibility with browsers.

Sorry. It was a really good idea =(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-10 07:03:38

Maybe you could ask EON to make a special, compact version of his AP radio player.

PS why frames? Just make a cookie-triggered option which would just display the aforementioned compact NGAP radio, let's say, in the bottom of the page (or maybe in place of the dumb quotes :P).

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-10 08:47:07

At 3/10/07 07:03 AM, juraj wrote: Maybe you could ask EON to make a special, compact version of his AP radio player.

PS why frames? Just make a cookie-triggered option which would just display the aforementioned compact NGAP radio, let's say, in the bottom of the page (or maybe in place of the dumb quotes :P).

Yeah, but every time you click something, the page would refresh and the flash player would reload...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-12 02:30:14

At 3/10/07 05:28 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/9/07 01:27 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Ok I have an idea that is quite simple to make but also very cool.

Good idea! I did that, and I put the Experience, B/P, B, P and Posts as stats. I suppose that's just what you need.

Thanks, I am really glad you added it. Its a great but also very simple idea and I am sure many MANY people will find it helpful. I know I did. Also, The newish looking layout you did looks great too.

It already tells you... If you deposited every day (9062 EXP)

Sorry, Just after I posted I went on the site and saw it. It was just a little hard to spot when looking at that section. Is it possible for you to make it either Bold or outside of the brackets?

I'm kinda leaving it how it is. I mean, what's the use... Going to the site isn't THAT much more than pressing some button on your system tray... But thanks for asking!

Good point my friend. I am also one of those people who never finishes what I start. I dont blame you for not finishing this idea. I can understand why you didnt bother.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-12 15:14:36

At 3/11/07 11:50 AM, Odyssic wrote: If this idea has been done before, sorry.

Past user of the day?
Like NG?

Meh, why not. I'll be up in a few minutes...

At 3/12/07 02:30 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Thanks, I am really glad you added it. Its a great but also very simple idea and I am sure many MANY people will find it helpful. I know I did. Also, The newish looking layout you did looks great too.

Yeah, it's as you say: nice and easy. More ideas like this, please! =D

Sorry, Just after I posted I went on the site and saw it. It was just a little hard to spot when looking at that section. Is it possible for you to make it either Bold or outside of the brackets?

Hmmm, I just rephrased the sentence, but I think it's clear enough as it is...

Good point my friend. I am also one of those people who never finishes what I start. I dont blame you for not finishing this idea. I can understand why you didnt bother.

Thanks dude! Not finishing what you start is one of my greatest qualities! *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH* I wish I finished more of the things I started... Are you lucky I finished NG Log =P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-12 22:02:54

This is really no big deal for me but maybe for other users who are very lazy...

Ok if you know for when you log in it says "Remember" well for some reason it never remembers for me? Oh and this one time it was really funny. I know Casualty did this on purpose but once Casualty's name popped up in the word box to write your name to log in.. It made me lol a lot. Anyways i just wanted to let you know if you didn't already Casualty.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-12 22:17:17

At 3/12/07 03:14 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/12/07 02:30 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Thanks, I am really glad you added it. Its a great but also very simple idea and I am sure many MANY people will find it helpful. I know I did. Also, The newish looking layout you did looks great too.
Yeah, it's as you say: nice and easy. More ideas like this, please! =D

More ideas you say! Ok well I have one sort of good one. Is it possible for you to add onto the achievements area or make a new achievements area that tells you if you have moved up a few spots on the Rankings list? I know it would absolutely huge and you would have atleat like 20 new achievement everytime you logged on but I think it would be cool to have a section like that. At the moment I have to look through all the the ranking sheets to see how I am going and if I have passed anyone I know.

HEY! That brought up an even better idea.

Is it possible to have a section where you can type in your friends names and it will do calculations on things like:

Your b/p points today:
Their b/p points today:

You have made (16) more points than (Alias) today!

Or something like that! You could of course add onto that etc.

I am not sure if that is a really good idea or not. Tell me what you think!

Hmmm, I just rephrased the sentence, but I think it's clear enough as it is...

Thats heaps better. Thanks!

Thanks dude! Not finishing what you start is one of my greatest qualities! *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH* I wish I finished more of the things I started... Are you lucky I finished NG Log =P

Really! ME TOO! I am quite surprised you did finish NG log and you still update it. Kudos to you!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-13 13:21:14

At 3/12/07 10:02 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: This is really no big deal for me but maybe for other users who are very lazy...

Ok if you know for when you log in it says "Remember" well for some reason it never remembers for me? Oh and this one time it was really funny. I know Casualty did this on purpose but once Casualty's name popped up in the word box to write your name to log in.. It made me lol a lot. Anyways i just wanted to let you know if you didn't already Casualty.

You should try to log in with any name without checking Remember, and then do it with remember and your name.

Also, RupeeClock warned me about the system not working. It was obvious it wouldn't work, because I accidentally set the cookie validity period to one hour. It's changed now, and it'll last until 11 years after your login =P To delete it, just log in without remember checked...

At 3/12/07 10:17 PM, Sterockicy wrote: More ideas you say! Ok well I have one sort of good one. Is it possible for you to add onto the achievements area or make a new achievements area that tells you if you have moved up a few spots on the Rankings list? I know it would absolutely huge and you would have atleat like 20 new achievement everytime you logged on but I think it would be cool to have a section like that. At the moment I have to look through all the the ranking sheets to see how I am going and if I have passed anyone I know.

Actually I'd have to make a system which goes kinda like this:

-If you're in the top 1,000,000: Only when you move up x*10,000 places.
-If you're in the top 10,000: Only when you move up x*1,000 places.
-If you're in the top 1,000: Only when you move up x*100 places.
-If you're in the top 100: Only when you move up x*10 places.

So that you wouldn't get achievement messages every day if you're a bit low in ranking =P

Buuut I don't have time for that today, neither do I have tomorrow. So it'll probably be Thursday, or maybe Saturday. But probably Thursday!

HEY! That brought up an even better idea.

Is it possible to have a section where you can type in your friends names and it will do calculations on things like:
I am not sure if that is a really good idea or not. Tell me what you think!

Hmmmm... I dunno, but that'd be a bit too much, it's just another page. Plus, to be precise, you and your friend would have to log stats every day... I dunno man, I just don't think it's that great...

Thats heaps better. Thanks!

No problem dude!

Really! ME TOO! I am quite surprised you did finish NG log and you still update it. Kudos to you!

Thanks man!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-13 15:26:26

Since the username lockdown happened near the start of the month, there's really no more need for that 'click here if you've changed your username' button. Getting rid of that would be convenient.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-14 10:04:39

At 3/13/07 03:26 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Since the username lockdown happened near the start of the month, there's really no more need for that 'click here if you've changed your username' button. Getting rid of that would be convenient.

Why, thanks for reminding me! I'll get rid of it right away!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-14 10:23:44

At 3/14/07 10:04 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/13/07 03:26 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Since the username lockdown happened near the start of the month, there's really no more need for that 'click here if you've changed your username' button. Getting rid of that would be convenient.
Why, thanks for reminding me! I'll get rid of it right away!

no, there are many users who still have their old name on the site so you should really have it there >:(

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-15 12:22:57

At 3/14/07 10:23 AM, SBB wrote:
At 3/14/07 10:04 AM, Casualty wrote: Why, thanks for reminding me! I'll get rid of it right away!
no, there are many users who still have their old name on the site so you should really have it there >:(

If they didn't log their stats since March first, they are not worthy using NG Log >:C

Also, the database is down, and I don't know for how long. I'll start working on the "rank achievements" as soon as it's back up (which should be very soon).

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-03-16 18:15:20

Best amount of reviews in one day. Hows that?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature