00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,020 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 12:48:25

If you don't know NG Log, click here and TAKE YOUR TIME to discover it. Don't start posting stupid ideas that are already on the site before you know what you're talking about, PLEASE. I don't want this to turn into a shit hole of uhh... Shit >:(

If you do know it, I need your "help". Indeed I am running out of ideas, and people I know are too. If you have any idea about something I could add, and that wouldn't be too hard for a lazy-ass like me (that means something simple and nice), I command you to post it here!

If it's a really good idea that does take time and reflection, I'll think about it =)

Thanks in advance!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 13:30:03

It'd be cool if that thing auto-updates so we don't have to log every day...

OR DOES IT

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 13:43:20

At 1/25/07 01:30 PM, SBB wrote: It'd be cool if that thing auto-updates so we don't have to log every day...
OR DOES IT

I could do that, but there's a little problem... I think people will lose interest and eventually forget about NG Log after a while, because they are not "forced" to log their stats themselves anymore.

Thanks for the idea anyway!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 13:48:09

How about something that tracks the scores of your Flashes in the Portal? It can say how many points it's moved up or down since the last log and have views and votes figures as well.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 13:50:47

At 1/25/07 01:48 PM, backflipair wrote: How about something that tracks the scores of your Flashes in the Portal? It can say how many points it's moved up or down since the last log and have views and votes figures as well.

That's what I was talking about when I said it would be too much work =P

I'd have to get all the URLs from the user profile, and then make it check every singe flash page the user has. It would overload the whole thing!

And BTW, the flash score stat isn't that interesting. I'm more looking for something new to do with the stats I already have.

Thanks for the idea though!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 13:56:25

At 1/25/07 01:50 PM, Casualty wrote: stuff

I can see what you mean about it being too complicated.
The only other idea I can think of is... batting average?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 14:07:49

Total Stats/Time on NG in the rankings. Or something like that.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 14:12:05

If there is a possibility to show whistle points gained and such it would be nice...
...but I guess that's impossible >(

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 14:29:05

Keep 'm coming folks! I feel there's something good coming =P

At 1/25/07 01:56 PM, backflipair wrote:
At 1/25/07 01:50 PM, Casualty wrote: stuff
I can see what you mean about it being too complicated.
The only other idea I can think of is... batting average?

I see, but that's not really a stat that evolves a lot... Maybe I'll get to it if I don't get better ideas.

At 1/25/07 02:07 PM, milinko959 wrote: Total Stats/Time on NG in the rankings. Or something like that.

Cough, Cough =)

At 1/25/07 02:12 PM, SBB wrote: If there is a possibility to show whistle points gained and such it would be nice...
...but I guess that's impossible >(

It is indeed =( I can only use the stats I can read in the profiles. The whistle points are a super secret admin only stat...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 14:58:08

At 1/25/07 02:25 PM, Odyssic wrote: How about a Sticker part, so you can see how many Stickers you have.
If you got any.

IMO that would be just space filling. The database already ain't optimal thanks to my great programming skills =P Also, not a lot of people would gain profit from a sticker stat...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 15:15:10

Search: So you can find a certain user.

Filter: Find users that fit a certain stat criterier set :S

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 15:30:04

At 1/25/07 02:29 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 1/25/07 02:07 PM, milinko959 wrote: Total Stats/Time on NG in the rankings. Or something like that.
Cough, Cough =)

No, I mean as a combined rank. It would pretty much be a rank for stats per day.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-25 15:34:46

At 1/25/07 01:43 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 1/25/07 01:30 PM, SBB wrote: It'd be cool if that thing auto-updates so we don't have to log every day...
OR DOES IT
I could do that, but there's a little problem... I think people will lose interest and eventually forget about NG Log after a while, because they are not "forced" to log their stats themselves anymore.

Would you be able to make an auto update of our ranks for B/P. That doesnt wait for the NG update (3am EST). ?

For example: if i were to pass someone in the B/P rankings, several minutes later it would show my rank ahead of them, even though on NG it hasnt been updated.

ya... If you understand what i am trying to say, would it be possible? Cause if you could do that i would still go to NG Log,

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 10:43:18

It may not be an extremely useful stat to keep track on daily, but I think it would be good to have a stat log for Batting averages on the NG Log.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 17:18:34

It would be pretty cool to be pm'ed or emailed about any updates

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 17:40:28

How about something that tracks Batting Averages, or ranks them?

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 17:42:17

At 1/26/07 05:40 PM, Cereal wrote: How about something that tracks Batting Averages, or ranks them?

dumb fuck its already been posted

At 1/26/07 10:43 AM, Bahamut wrote: It may not be an extremely useful stat to keep track on daily, but I think it would be good to have a stat log for Batting averages on the NG Log.

lol

how about number of flash then?

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 17:46:04

what about tracking awards?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 18:42:51

What about something that would calculate the amount of posts you have in different topics. Like top 5 amounts or something like that..

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 19:37:02

a ban count, where when a user gets banned can manually enter the data and the NG log will keep a record.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 19:50:01

I guess you can add something which tells you how much of something you need to get past the next person in the rankings (in NGLOG, not NG) Like you're down by 40 against someone, it tells you what ranking you are and how much you need to pass them

I'd like that

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 21:08:59

At 1/26/07 07:37 PM, IndianapolisColts wrote: a ban count, where when a user gets banned can manually enter the data and the NG log will keep a record.

That would encourage many people to break the rules on the BBS just so they get a higher ban count.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 21:18:47

At 1/26/07 09:08 PM, Stuff4u2kno wrote:
At 1/26/07 07:37 PM, IndianapolisColts wrote: a ban count, where when a user gets banned can manually enter the data and the NG log will keep a record.
That would encourage many people to break the rules on the BBS just so they get a higher ban count.

lol i dont exactly go around trying to be banned, mods just have my id number :(

lol i would love to have a ban count

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 21:26:12

At 1/26/07 09:18 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: lol i would love to have a ban count

If it wasn't abused I would too..

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 21:46:42

A ban count would definetly be pretty cool. I have to admit that I am not much of an ideas person but I would backup seeing maybe a thing that would tell you how far behind someone else you are in the rankings. And if it is possible maybe even in the NG rankings instead of just in the NGLOG rankings. Possibly an estimator for stats so you would know how much longer it will take you to get to 10000 total stats or whatever. You know something like that.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-26 22:21:17

At 1/26/07 09:46 PM, head2toewinner wrote: A ban count would definetly be pretty cool. I have to admit that I am not much of an ideas person but I would backup seeing maybe a thing that would tell you how far behind someone else you are in the rankings. And if it is possible maybe even in the NG rankings instead of just in the NGLOG rankings. Possibly an estimator for stats so you would know how much longer it will take you to get to 10000 total stats or whatever. You know something like that.

hey what the fuck? you just copied off my idea. Don't repeat things just to get a free post. That's just retarded cause that'll be spam. So watch it with that bull.

Next time read the whole damn page.

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-27 07:47:11

Maybe like a PM counter?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-27 08:36:14

At 1/25/07 03:15 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Search: So you can find a certain user.

Filter: Find users that fit a certain stat criterier set :S

To find a user you could just log in as him... And a filter wouldn't be really useful would it?

At 1/25/07 03:30 PM, milinko959 wrote:
At 1/25/07 02:29 PM, Casualty wrote:
Cough, Cough =)
No, I mean as a combined rank. It would pretty much be a rank for stats per day.

Done! Thanks a lot for the idea!

At 1/25/07 03:34 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote:
At 1/25/07 01:43 PM, Casualty wrote:
OR DOES IT
Would you be able to make an auto update of our ranks for B/P. That doesnt wait for the NG update (3am EST). ?

For example: if i were to pass someone in the B/P rankings, several minutes later it would show my rank ahead of them, even though on NG it hasnt been updated.

ya... If you understand what i am trying to say, would it be possible? Cause if you could do that i would still go to NG Log,

Nope, sorry. That is because I can only pull the stats NG displays, thus what they updated last time.

At 1/26/07 10:43 AM, Bahamut wrote: It may not be an extremely useful stat to keep track on daily, but I think it would be good to have a stat log for Batting averages on the NG Log.

Added, tell me if you though about it else...

At 1/26/07 05:18 PM, III-D wrote: It would be pretty cool to be pm'ed or emailed about any updates

A lot of users logged their stats a few times and then quit. It would probably be pretty irritating to get mails from NG Log then. Plus I am too lazy to make a whole system with a mailing list and stuf =P

At 1/26/07 05:42 PM, Cereal wrote:
At 1/26/07 05:40 PM, Cereal wrote: How about something that tracks Batting Averages, or ranks them?
dumb fuck its already been posted

Hahah no problem I suppose

lol

how about number of flash then?

That's not a really relevant stat is it? =/

At 1/26/07 05:46 PM, BlackLesnar wrote: what about tracking awards?

Again, nice idea, but what's that gonna help you with? It's not like awards evolve as you see with B/P.

At 1/26/07 06:06 PM, NickScott wrote: Batting Average?
I thought this would be obvious but I couldn't find it.

Done, has been posted.

Recent Usernames?
Sometimes you just don't know who some people are.

That's not what NG Log's for... Sorry.

At 1/26/07 06:14 PM, Odyssic wrote: I don't know if this will work but, best flash made or Recent flash made.

Again, I'd have to make the script open 20 other pages internally to get this information, and it would probably take 5 minutes to log your stats then.

At 1/26/07 06:42 PM, Stuff4u2kno wrote: What about something that would calculate the amount of posts you have in different topics. Like top 5 amounts or something like that..

That's not a bad idea but just like the previous post, the script would have to crawl trough all your posts to check the topic titles and stuff. I'd have to take account of the deleted posts, and more. If this existed, you'd have to leave your computer ON all night just to let it track your stats =P

This is kinda filling up the space there is left. There's not much to record, except the numbers and bans per time... But that's not interesting.
Another thing is, I don't like users entering data manually. They'll probably try to put something gay in it like some little script or huge numbers. Yes, I can prevent that, but that's a lot of work for not much result.

Thanks for the idea, though!

At 1/26/07 07:50 PM, HomerDough wrote: I guess you can add something which tells you how much of something you need to get past the next person in the rankings (in NGLOG, not NG) Like you're down by 40 against someone, it tells you what ranking you are and how much you need to pass them

I'd like that

You might like it, but passing people on NG Log means nothing. It only counts on NG, so this would be work for nothing, again.

At 1/26/07 09:08 PM, Stuff4u2kno wrote:

And that's another good reason...

At 1/26/07 09:46 PM, head2toewinner wrote: A ban count would definetly be pretty cool. I have to admit that I am not much of an ideas person but I would backup seeing maybe a thing that would tell you how far behind someone else you are in the rankings. And if it is possible maybe even in the NG rankings instead of just in the NGLOG rankings. Possibly an estimator for stats so you would know how much longer it will take you to get to 10000 total stats or whatever. You know something like that.

Click the Estimate button in your profile <_< >_>

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-27 10:19:43

I changed my user name and there was another username with my name(very similar) and I lost all of my log's :(
If it's possible can you please fix it?

Response to NG Log Ideas 2007-01-27 10:35:38

At 1/27/07 10:19 AM, P-S-X wrote: I changed my user name and there was another username with my name(very similar) and I lost all of my log's :(
If it's possible can you please fix it?

You can't just lose your logs, they are linked to your user id =P

BBS Signature