00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

227,212 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:26:28

This is a place for all the Newgrounds alcoholics

Rules:
Gotta love to drink ;)
Everyone can join. It's open to all

So ya. Welcome everyone :)

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:32:19

At 6/25/08 10:30 AM, Kagoe wrote: Alcohol is the solution and cause to most of life's problems.

It's also a good beverage and is fun when everything starts to spin.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:33:52

As a German, I do love a good beer once in a while.
I also have some Russian in me, so I can take drinking Vodka plain. Here is a translated quote from my Great Uncle from Germany on Vodka: "Vodka? eugh... You can wash your feet with that stuff".

Of course I am pretty young, so I avoid drinking unless there is a special occasion.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:36:49

Mine's a pint of the black stuff!

Chuh... you couldn't drink a pint of Bovril!

In all seriousness I mostly enjoy having a couple of swift halves (in a pint glass) and then some.

We are kind of anonymous here because we use aliases.

アートは物質の生命であり、あなたが何を作成しようとも、それはアートです。

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:37:53

At 6/25/08 10:36 AM, Effsix wrote: We are kind of anonymous here because we use aliases.

Exactly why I named the club alcoholics anonymous cause we all use alias on newgrouns :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:39:02

Anonymous eh?

I'm pretty certain that one day I will die from liver disease. Anyway, Irish Whiskey is one of my favourites to drink, specifically Baileys. But I'm quite notorious for drinking Vodka straight these days.

asdf

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:46:27

What's up with all the underage drinkers in here? :)

Anyways, in terms of variety I'm not too picky of a drinker. Red wine, white wine, liquor, beer, it's all gravy.

Although, I have this poster hanging up on my wall and have been trying to try every beer on it. I'm about 50% there.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:47:19

For some reason, I feel quite attracted to this crew. I'd love to join it, in fact =D

Also my favorite drinks must be... Regular beer, lager in English, I think; and maybe a bit of any liquor from time to time, but I mainly stay with the lagers. Except in that one pub which is a 'connoisseurs' pub, where me and my friends usually taste the more obscure Belgian beers. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm from Belgium... I was born into this thread.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 10:52:19

At 6/25/08 10:47 AM, Casualty wrote: For some reason, I feel quite attracted to this crew. I'd love to join it, in fact =D

Welcome Casualty :P

Oh yeah, that's right, I'm from Belgium... I was born into this thread.

Awesome!! My favorite alcoholic beverage would have to be beer. Mind you, I love coolers :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:09:36

At 6/25/08 10:52 AM, UnknownFear wrote: Welcome Casualty :P

What an awesome idea of you to make this crew =D

Awesome!! My favorite alcoholic beverage would have to be beer. Mind you, I love coolers :)

....What're coolers? =P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:19:13

At 6/25/08 11:09 AM, Casualty wrote: What an awesome idea of you to make this crew =D

I can't really take all the credit. I searched the BBS for an alcohol crew, foundn one, made a topic about it and a user said to "have at 'er" and make one. So here it is, the NG Alcoholics Anonymous thread :)

....What're coolers? =P

Aha. Funny man you are :P lol

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:30:16

At 6/25/08 11:19 AM, UnknownFear wrote: I can't really take all the credit. I searched the BBS for an alcohol crew, foundn one, made a topic about it and a user said to "have at 'er" and make one. So here it is, the NG Alcoholics Anonymous thread :)

I hope it'll have a long and full life, and I will do what I can to make that happen =D

Aha. Funny man you are :P lol

No, I'm serious, what is it? The same as a breezer?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:38:13

At 6/25/08 11:30 AM, Casualty wrote: I hope it'll have a long and full life, and I will do what I can to make that happen =D

aha :) awesome man :P

No, I'm serious, what is it? The same as a breezer?

ohh... umm.. have you heard of Vex, or Smirnoff Ice?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:49:30

At 6/25/08 11:38 AM, UnknownFear wrote: ohh... umm.. have you heard of Vex, or Smirnoff Ice?

Isn't Smirnoff vodka? Or are coolers modded vodka drinks? Seriously, this is confusing, but I'll just agree that coolers are okay then =P

ALSO WHERE ARE THE OTHER PEOPLE?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 11:59:24

At 6/25/08 11:49 AM, Casualty wrote: Isn't Smirnoff vodka? Or are coolers modded vodka drinks? Seriously, this is confusing, but I'll just agree that coolers are okay then =P

Yes, but you can get Smirnoff in flavors as well :) So it's easiter to drink ;)

ALSO WHERE ARE THE OTHER PEOPLE?

I KNOW!! Holy, come on people :) There has got to be more alcoholics or people arund here :P

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:05:20

At 6/25/08 11:59 AM, UnknownFear wrote: Yes, but you can get Smirnoff in flavors as well :) So it's easiter to drink ;)

Easier? Lol, I remember the times where it was cool to drink a whole glass/more/anything of pure Bacardi and other stuff like that. I mentioned Bacardi because that's the last drink I did that with, in fact not so long ago =P But it's not important, what is important is that in fact I don't think coolers are that cool anymore... Oh well, I don't care as long as it's other people drinking them.

I KNOW!! Holy, come on people :) There has got to be more alcoholics or people arund here :P

Let's hope they'll show up soon. Bad news though. A few hours ago a user of the type which floods the forum made a post about his first time drunkenness. We're not going to get there that way...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:20:26

At 6/25/08 12:05 PM, Casualty wrote: Oh well, I don't care as long as it's other people drinking them.

Aha. Ya man (:

Let's hope they'll show up soon. Bad news though. A few hours ago a user of the type which floods the forum made a post about his first time drunkenness. We're not going to get there that way...

Hmm.. only one user right? :) I saw we kill me slowly... but dont tell anyone :P

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:25:13

Ha, great idea for a club.

I personally love alcohol, and considering the only rule of the club is that you have to love drinking, then I see no reason not to join ;P

Lately I discovered an old bottle of Mount Gay rum that I got in Barbados several years ago as a gift from the hotel I stayed at. I decided to crack it open, and it's honestly the smoothest rum I've ever tasted. It's pretty strong, but it's definitely good stuff. Something to savour.

Cockspurs, Mount Gay... rum brands always seem to have odd names.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:32:49

At 6/25/08 12:25 PM, NEVR wrote: I personally love alcohol, and considering the only rule of the club is that you have to love drinking, then I see no reason not to join ;P

Nice. Welcome aboard, NEVR

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:42:02

At 6/25/08 12:32 PM, UnknownFear wrote: Nice. Welcome aboard, NEVR

Happy to be here! *Makes a vodka martini*

BTW, my grandfather was recently given a bottle of 100 year old whiskey. I think it's Glennfidditch, which is a good brand as it is. Next time I go to visit him I'll have some and see what it's like. Never had whiskey that old before... I think the oldest I've tried is about 15 years old, and that was smooth as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 12:55:30

At 6/25/08 12:42 PM, NEVR wrote: BTW, my grandfather was recently given a bottle of 100 year old whiskey. I think it's Glennfidditch, which is a good brand as it is. Next time I go to visit him I'll have some and see what it's like. Never had whiskey that old before... I think the oldest I've tried is about 15 years old, and that was smooth as hell.

Nice :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 13:03:50

Hi, I'm Effsix, and I am an alcoholic. Well, as good as.

I drink lots of lager mostly but have a weakness for red and white wine also. I'm not a huge spirit drinker but I won't turn them away when beers low. Cider's fine, a little too sweet but the cloudy stuff that robs you of your eye sight is wicked. Alcopops- meh. Too sweet. I like to drink everyday if I can, but it's probably not a good idea. Some days I wont drink or smoke at all, but this is usually because I am recovering from having had several days booze and smokes allowance in one night.

All hail the smoker!

All hail the drinker!

*Sparks up a fag and clinks foaming nut brown ale jug with comrades*

アートは物質の生命であり、あなたが何を作成しようとも、それはアートです。

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 13:48:43

I made this topic a few months ago, exact same topic title. It was deleted for unknown reasons :/
Still, I'll join :)

My favorite drink is definatley lager, usually the english imports (Kronenbourg, Stella, Becks, etc). In paticular, the three I mentioned, Grolsch, Castlemanie XXXX, Heineken, Budweiser and San Miguel.

Went on a Uni "look around" today in Newcastle/Northumbria today, basically just checking out whats on offer. I went to the session on Journalism (the subject I wanna take) then had the rest of the day free.

Found myself at St James's Park (which I've never been to despite being a big NUFC fan). Spend £50 in the surrounding fan shops, then saw a bar called "Shearers Bar". The name alone tugged me inside. Had a pint of Grolsch (splendid) and fancied trying something different. Got a pint of Coor's Light. Interesting, and not necessarily bad, but not a favorite among lager's.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 13:52:55

At 6/25/08 01:03 PM, Effsix wrote: I drink lots of lager mostly but have a weakness for red and white wine also.

I've never been that big a fan of wine. I've been told it's an acquired taste, but I dunno so much. I've had nights out drinking just wine, and it's very effective in getting me drunk, but I prefer a nice cold beer personally. Not very cultured, but pfft.

I'm not a huge spirit drinker but I won't turn them away when beers low.

I like whiskey, rum, and vodka the most. Can't stand Southern Comfort.

Cider's fine, a little too sweet but the cloudy stuff that robs you of your eye sight is wicked.

I used to drink cider, but on my 18th birthday I drank way too much of the stuff, and I haven't really gone near it since. I like it, and it's easy to drink, but again I'd probably stick with a beer these days.

Alcopops- meh. Too sweet.

I hate those things. I tried one once when I was at a party - a lemon flavored one - and it just tasted like lemonade without any alcohol. Screw that.

I like to drink everyday if I can, but it's probably not a good idea. Some days I wont drink or smoke at all, but this is usually because I am recovering from having had several days booze and smokes allowance in one night.

Ha, I know that one. I'm cutting down on my smoking, what with the tax having gone up on both cigarettes and alcohol in the UK. All the good things in life are getting too expensive :/

All hail the smoker!

Hail!

All hail the drinker!

Hail!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 14:04:02

At 6/25/08 01:52 PM, NEVR wrote:
I've never been that big a fan of wine. I've been told it's an acquired taste, but I dunno so much. I've had nights out drinking just wine, and it's very effective in getting me drunk, but I prefer a nice cold beer personally. Not very cultured, but pfft.

Not too much more of an acquired taste than beer is? You haven't experienced red wine til you've had it with some obscenely filling turkey dinner or something - it's like the ultimate comfort experience. Sometimes when we're just looking for a cheap way to get drunk we'll pick up a bottle of Yellow Tail (Australian Red), or some cheap Sake.

Beer can totally be cultured too - just not when it's Canadian or American.

I like whiskey, rum, and vodka the most. Can't stand Southern Comfort.

I'm no whiskey connoisseur, but we recently picked up a huge 1.5 L bottle of the stuff at a duty free border shop and it's great to have on the rocks on a hot summer day.

All hail the drinker!
Hail!

Amen

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 14:13:53

Welcome everyone! :) Sorry for not replying as much. I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: Pgantom Hourglass on my DS :P

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 14:53:57

At 6/25/08 02:04 PM, Chromius wrote: Not too much more of an acquired taste than beer is?

It didn't take me particularly long to get used to beer. First couple of times I tried it when I was much younger was just the odd sip out of my dad's pint - as you do - but once I started drinking it more regularly I loved it.

You haven't experienced red wine til you've had it with some obscenely filling turkey dinner or something - it's like the ultimate comfort experience.

That does sound quite nice actually. Perhaps at Christmas I'll buy a bottle of red and see how much I enjoy it. The people at my local supermarket are actually really helpful with that kind of stuff, though - they have people in the wine section who really know their stuff, and can tell you what wine will go with what foods, etc.

Sometimes when we're just looking for a cheap way to get drunk we'll pick up a bottle of Yellow Tail (Australian Red), or some cheap Sake.

I imagine I'll be drinking a fair amount of cheap wine when I'm at university in september, solely for the purpose of efficiency ;P

Beer can totally be cultured too - just not when it's Canadian or American.

I've recently seen a program on 'beer tasting' actually... It was quite interesting, and there was some art to it, but it was let down by the fact that all the experts were old, bearded men wearing rough-looking denim jackets with stomachs hanging over their waistline. Wine tasters tend to look a bit more slick, from what I've seen :)

I'm no whiskey connoisseur, but we recently picked up a huge 1.5 L bottle of the stuff at a duty free border shop and it's great to have on the rocks on a hot summer day.

My grandfather is into his whiskey. There's a canadian whiskey called 'Crown Royal' which is really excellent. Also Glennfidditch and Famous Grouse are good. Jack Daniel's is rock & roll, but not the best whiskey ever.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 15:04:51

At 6/25/08 02:53 PM, NEVR wrote: Jack Daniel's is rock & roll, but not the best whiskey ever.

The thing I like about JD, is not so much the drink itself, which is ok don't get me wrong, but the extra's you can get with the Jack Daniels branding. I've got a hearty collection, I'll post a pic later.

Jim Beam's probably my favorite whiskey, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't tried too many.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 15:46:30

At 6/25/08 03:04 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: The thing I like about JD, is not so much the drink itself, which is ok don't get me wrong, but the extra's you can get with the Jack Daniels branding. I've got a hearty collection, I'll post a pic later.

My friend recently got a really nice Jack Daniel's whiskey glass, with a heavy base and in a square-ish shape (but with rounded corners). As for myself, I have a JD poker set, and a small packet of JD coffee beans, which make some nice coffee, I have to say. Enhances the flavour if you add a drop of whiskey, though ;)

Jim Beam's probably my favorite whiskey, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't tried too many.

I've never actually tried Jim Bean. I'm no expert, by any means, but I've tried a few. Not many people my age drink much whiskey - I'm one of the few.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-25 16:18:28

At 6/25/08 02:53 PM, NEVR wrote:
It didn't take me particularly long to get used to beer. First couple of times I tried it when I was much younger was just the odd sip out of my dad's pint - as you do - but once I started drinking it more regularly I loved it.

Yeah I suppose the transition is a lot easier with beer... although, it does make sense considering wine usually ballparks at around twice or sometimes thrice the alcohol content.

That does sound quite nice actually. Perhaps at Christmas I'll buy a bottle of red and see how much I enjoy it. The people at my local supermarket are actually really helpful with that kind of stuff, though - they have people in the wine section who really know their stuff, and can tell you what wine will go with what foods, etc.

Yeah, asking experts about it is definitely part of getting an enjoyable experience out of it - but you should also kind of know what you're expecting in terms of sweet or dry. That's mainly a preference thing that obviously varies vastly from person to person.

I imagine I'll be drinking a fair amount of cheap wine when I'm at university in september, solely for the purpose of efficiency ;P

Haha, nice. All I can suggest from personal experience is not to mix wine with beer.

I've recently seen a program on 'beer tasting' actually... It was quite interesting, and there was some art to it, but it was let down by the fact that all the experts were old, bearded men wearing rough-looking denim jackets with stomachs hanging over their waistline. Wine tasters tend to look a bit more slick, from what I've seen :)

Yeah, or at least the media wants us to think so. I'm sure there are just as many fatty old wine tasters as there are beer testers.... .... okay, so maybe not. My city is supposed to be having a beer festival sometime soon, and if it weren't so effin' expensive, I'd give some thought to going.

My grandfather is into his whiskey. There's a canadian whiskey called 'Crown Royal' which is really excellent. Also Glennfidditch and Famous Grouse are good. Jack Daniel's is rock & roll, but not the best whiskey ever.

Yeah, Crown Royal is the stuff that we got at the duty free shop. Actually, I think it's one of the cheaper mainstream whiskeys besides JD.

BBS Signature