00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonMugen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of March 2019

8,318 Views | 33 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Top Five Movies

The top ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Sublo & Tangy Mustard #12. Congrats @aalong64!

Top Five Games

Runner-up Movies

6. Pokémon Sword & Shield x KitKat Anime Commercial

7. Mathematically Terrible : Foamy The Squirrel

8. the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog.the.movie.1080p.mp4

9. A Voretastic Voyage

10. Scooby Doo meets Michael Myers

11. Shaggy Vs Jiren

12. Sherlock Hound: In Media Res Study

13. COUNTERSPELL

14. RWBY Summer Vacation (Promotional Video)

15. Dark Souls: THOT invader

16. SPACE-TA - She Loves You More

17. The Monster

18. Resident Evil 2 Remake Animated - The first Day .

19. PRESS START!

20. MadHat Zero

Runner-up Games

6. The Meeting

7. Aurie

8. good morning!

9. Omelettes

10. Azurael's Circle: Chapter 4

11. Mini Switcher

12. The Lost Giraffe

13. Life in the Static+

14. Cooking Momo: The Wholesome Momo Challenge Game

15. Goblin deez Knights

16. Corridoor

17. Eye Contact

18. Exodus Mercenaries 2

19. ONUS

20. WIP

Our voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @SourJovis!

You can become a Supporter too for just $3 per month or $25 for the year. It’s a big help and includes some great perks.

Thank you everyone who participated in March! I’ll admit I would have loved to see She Loves Your More, Geenie Reenie II and Bad Chemistry rank higher in the results. If you agree or not, be sure to join in future voting! At the very least you’ll help your favorite stuff rank higher.

Similarly if you’re an artist who thinks the Art Portal is just for cute girls, don’t let that stop you from sharing something different. A lot of us here are looking for different things, despite it not always being reflected in what is popular. My ideal version of Newgrounds would inspire all sorts of artists to share their work here - I hate to imagine someone not sharing something cool because they don’t think NG is the place for it.

In other news, the Voice Acting Contest deadline is April 15th, the Writing Contest deadline is May 2nd and Pico Day is May 11th! Pico Day is primarily an art contest this year but animation, games and audio are still welcome.

There's a decent chance the Art Portal hub will update tomorrow. It's gonna be step one of several updates there.

iu_17885_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 14:56:04

Some pretty good animations this month, and solid stuff to the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 15:36:18 (edited 2019-04-08 15:36:54)

damn spongebob

and congrats to the winners ive been getting to dumb and lazy to do my monthly voting dangit i always just neglect it

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 15:58:41

At 4/8/19 03:36 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:damn spongebob
and congrats to the winners ive been getting to dumb and lazy to do my monthly voting dangit i always just neglect it

This is why we need an I VOTED badge for each month.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:23:02

At 4/8/19 03:58 PM, TomFulp wrote:

That may be enough to convince me to vote, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with how many submissions there are to choose from. I feel like I have to watch all of them to give an honest vote and just don't have the time to watch all of them.

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:26:34

wow Rip, my music video didn't even make the top 20 choices :P grats to the winners!

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:27:40

Like Fro said, all I need to convince me to vote is a little thing that said I voted on my page or something. Or maybe you can get double XP or something. I just need some incentives because I am a dumb monkey

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:30:24

At 4/8/19 04:26 PM, tyokio wrote:wow Rip, my music video didn't even make the top 20 choices :P grats to the winners!

I think it would have ranked higher if it had more views - I had noticed when it was on the front page that it wasn't getting a lot of clicks, in cases like that I wonder how much a different thumbnail can help. I hope the turnout for your work keeps growing here!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:31:44

At 4/8/19 04:23 PM, Fro wrote:That may be enough to convince me to vote, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with how many submissions there are to choose from. I feel like I have to watch all of them to give an honest vote and just don't have the time to watch all of them.

That's always a tough one because most people don't have time to watch everything but if we shrink the nominees pool, we might be leaving out things that actually have a chance. I would be curious to see the results of a smaller nominee list though.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:39:25

At 4/8/19 04:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/8/19 04:23 PM, Fro wrote:That may be enough to convince me to vote, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with how many submissions there are to choose from. I feel like I have to watch all of them to give an honest vote and just don't have the time to watch all of them.

That's always a tough one because most people don't have time to watch everything but if we shrink the nominees pool, we might be leaving out things that actually have a chance. I would be curious to see the results of a smaller nominee list though.

I'll give it an honest go around this time and see if it's truly overwhelming or if it just appears to be so because of the quantity. I can at least get an idea out of how many felt like too much for me personally.

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 16:43:09

I'm not mad at you anymore Tom. Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 17:00:39

At 4/8/19 04:39 PM, Fro wrote:
At 4/8/19 04:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I'll give it an honest go around this time and see if it's truly overwhelming or if it just appears to be so because of the quantity. I can at least get an idea out of how many felt like too much for me personally.

what about a leaderboard? Like during the voting period have what's at the top of the list and then dark horses that aren't getting as many votes but have high vote scores? Put it on the front page and in the voting page.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 17:06:28

At 4/8/19 05:00 PM, Malachy wrote:what about a leaderboard? Like during the voting period have what's at the top of the list and then dark horses that aren't getting as many votes but have high vote scores? Put it on the front page and in the voting page.

Man that would be fun to watch... We could even consider letting people make their own list without a nominee list and the real-time results would grow from there and expose everyone else to the favorites, although that could result in a group effort to get a turd to win.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 17:09:06

Congrats to all the winners!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 17:37:36

At 4/8/19 05:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/8/19 05:00 PM, Malachy wrote:what about a leaderboard? Like during the voting period have what's at the top of the list and then dark horses that aren't getting as many votes but have high vote scores? Put it on the front page and in the voting page.

Man that would be fun to watch... We could even consider letting people make their own list without a nominee list and the real-time results would grow from there and expose everyone else to the favorites, although that could result in a group effort to get a turd to win.

I think you guys are on to something there. That would be something new and bring a lot more attention towards submissions. People may even take to their twitter and facebook accounts to draw more of their personal fans in to vote for their things. Could drive a little bit of traffic to the website for sure.

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 17:38:42

At 4/8/19 05:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:Man that would be fun to watch... We could even consider letting people make their own list without a nominee list and the real-time results would grow from there and expose everyone else to the favorites, although that could result in a group effort to get a turd to win.

While true wouldn't they have to be in the top 2000 active users first? At least that way you don't have to worry about people making a bunch of alts or getting a bunch of new friends to come in and mess with the standings?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 18:12:54

At 4/8/19 05:37 PM, Fro wrote:I think you guys are on to something there. That would be something new and bring a lot more attention towards submissions. People may even take to their twitter and facebook accounts to draw more of their personal fans in to vote for their things. Could drive a little bit of traffic to the website for sure.

Plus since the voters of the month have to be active they need to make sure their fans are here and voting before the month end awards happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 18:32:32

Wow, that's actually Runner-Up Winner!

(I'm sure for Pretty Good)

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 18:58:37

At 4/8/19 02:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:Similarly if you’re an artist who thinks the Art Portal is just for cute girls

People might think this less if that wasn't 70% of the front page art on any given day :)

On an unrelated note, I have a feature request: I'd like to be able to see how many XP votes I have left for a given day, preferably near the scale somewhere? I always lose track, and it would be a nice reminder to vote/look at more stuff when it wasn't 0.

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 19:49:37

Maybe that's the incentive we need..

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 20:52:12

Congrats to the monthly winners!

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 21:52:54 (edited 2019-04-08 21:53:42)

Congrats to the people who made it this far in March. Though it would be a better update than just an art portal hub. As I swim through the old eras of Newgrounds, some of the interesting parts that I saw is one of those previously lynched flash projects around 2000 - 2009, and a beta design for both A-Bot and P-Bot. This would made some people in Newgrounds whom joined in around the 2000 decade. I wasn't around Newgrounds since 2013 - 2011. This website needs a legacy site, having to choose around 1998, to 2010. But things like this has to be functional like today's Newgrounds. You can surf through the old eras too by going to this site here.

enter hyperspace.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-08 23:20:22 (edited 2019-04-08 23:21:15)

Congrats to all the winners. March 2019 was full of good content.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-09 00:31:10

Congrats to all of the winners!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-09 07:46:59

Congrat to the winners, and Congrats @SourJovis!

At 4/8/19 03:58 PM, TomFulp wrote:This is why we need an I VOTED badge for each month.

That would be awesome! Retrospective badges possible...?

This too. Would like to say I vote each month regardless, but I actually missed this one so... incentive might be needed after all. Haven't had a problem with those overwhelming amounts, but you definitely end up feeling like you might be missing some good ones when you've done your pick. I usually click up a few random ones that look interesting, in case there's some gem there that surpasses the current selection - this would be a pretty cool way of getting directed towards the ones you probably should look into a bit more. Or if not at least make the discovery process a bit more entertaining. Good ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-09 07:47:42

At 4/8/19 11:09 PM, Sabertooth59385 wrote:My favorite was Sherlock Hound: In Media Res Study

Pulls on the heart strings of my childhood!

The animation quality with that one was definitely pretty incredible! Bit short though.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-09 18:48:34

Congrats to the winners. I wish I had more time to watch all of the good content. There's just so much. Thanks for the honorary Supporter status!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-10 04:51:21

At 4/9/19 08:41 PM, Sabertooth59385 wrote:It was crazy hard but I managed to watch just about all the movies in the pool and pick the best ones but playing all the games is impossible for me.

An "I Voted" badge would be genius....

Now that's impressive dedication. Definitely deserving of one of those.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-10 10:55:34

At 4/10/19 10:52 AM, EvilAntonioUTTP wrote:@TomFulp
Are you going to update the user's medals, playlists, art scouts and deleted art pages?

It will all ultimately be moving to the new layout.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2019 2019-04-10 19:59:19

I'm so glad foamy didn't rank this month.

Thanks for voting guys 👌👌👌👌

BBS Signature