00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAxebaneStag just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

792,267 Views | 8,821 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-17 09:51:28

At 4/17/10 09:47 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
It's actually easier than linking normally :P.

Just paste the link in a fresh line; don't use the 'Link' tool in your BBS post.

Like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 25727

Oh thanks for that, simpler than I thought.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-17 09:55:46

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-17 11:09:19

At 4/17/10 04:46 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
No actually the fact that it was a 2 week update doesn't make that requests list any longer. Those were all of the requests from the list on page 76 to page 79, a whole week in all.

Shit dude, this club is getting even popular, since we get all those requests in a WEEK!! OMFG.

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-17 12:07:11

Sorry, just found out I linked EchoRun's Dragon Eye to Looking up at a Jungle Canopy.

Here is Dragon Eye.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should pay more attention.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-17 15:22:22

Hi guys. I have a quick DEMO that I would like comments on. I am trying to make this work but I am yet to recieve a single comment. Thanks to you all.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-18 03:38:19

Hey, I have uploaded a little preview of a song thats in my upcoming album. Just lookin for peoples opinions, and feedback on it. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-18 16:28:40

ok,

I always appreciate the reviews you guys give, (even though I don't respond to most of your reviews), and I always look forward to submitting my next song to you guys :D

thanks for being there :D

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-18 17:28:42

I would very much appreciate it if you guys reviewed this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/heavy tank/cold-symbol
I respond to all reviews.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-18 18:10:12

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've requested reviews.

It's a longish one so hang in there!
Really looking forward to some criticism (constructive of course) on this.
Thanks!

Hey, I do audio. Check it out!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 00:10:27

Hey guys, got a new song out. Could you please leave a review or two?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 26559

Thanks. You guys have been great so far.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 17:16:02

ehm guys.. you know i respect you and all for sticking with me but when will my music be reviewed..if ever?

Its been literally two weeks now and the first of the three hasnt even been reviewed yet...
I really dont want to sound either impatiant or rude but im a bit worried that maybe you guys dont want to review anymore seeing as i read a few posts in here saying that some dont want to do audio reviews anymore due to techno / trance / rap music etc all sounding the same?

I thought some of you guys liked my music (wich is mostly classical or retro mind you) since i got great scores and great reviews so what happened?

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 18:07:04

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 18:23:41

At 4/19/10 05:16 PM, Calamaistr wrote: ehm guys.. you know i respect you and all for sticking with me but when will my music be reviewed..if ever?

they are probably busy, just be patient, they will review eventually

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 19:11:36

Got another one up for next time (or whenever). Probably be my last for a little while at least.

Cheers

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 19:59:59

At 4/19/10 05:16 PM, Calamaistr wrote: ehm guys.. you know i respect you and all for sticking with me but when will my music be reviewed..if ever?

I have a life.

I workout.

I have college.

I have jobs.

I go to concerts.

I do homework.

I teach students.

I design games.

I make movies.

I hang out with friends.

I make art.

I have a girlfriend.

Etc...

I only review in my free time and you will enjoy when I do happen to review your work if I ever do because I'm so busy. AUDIO is annoying to review when you have so it's extremely hard to review all of them.

Ha, seriously though we are all busy, most of us are older and have jobs and/or university along with very busy lives. Sometimes you'll get your reviews and sometimes you won't.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 20:53:38

At 4/19/10 07:59 PM, Fro wrote:
I have a life.

I workout.

I have college.

I have jobs.

I go to concerts.

I do homework.

I teach students.

I design games.

I make movies.

I hang out with friends.

I make art.

I have a girlfriend.

Etc...

I only review in my free time and you will enjoy when I do happen to review your work if I ever do because I'm so busy. AUDIO is annoying to review when you have so it's extremely hard to review all of them.

Ha, seriously though we are all busy, most of us are older and have jobs and/or university along with very busy lives. Sometimes you'll get your reviews and sometimes you won't.

And fro has just owned this poor guy hahaha

fro why so evil? i mean, you are right but that so much violence :p you lost the competition? hahaha thats why so angry? :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-19 20:58:42

Hey sorry guys but I haven't been much into reviewing lately but I just finished one review and I got motivated again but I didn't really mean it in the last post but I will put in the best reviewer and the rewards crap right now!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 05:23:50

My post was actually aimed at the people who have been previously reviewing my work not at new reviewers, besides i have a life too so you dont have to be so uppity.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 07:21:38

At 4/20/10 05:23 AM, Calamaistr wrote: My post was actually aimed at the people who have been previously reviewing my work not at new reviewers, besides i have a life too so you dont have to be so uppity.

You'll have to forgive the fact we get kinda tetchy when people seemingly criticise the thing we do that's 100% voluntary.

You have to understand, the lists we get generally tend to be GIANT, especially in the audio section.
We have a few people who generally manage to review everything, and so you may get reviews from them. But as Fro says; we have lives, just like you and everybody. You could get six reviews, you could get two. But that's six more/two more than you would have had. And we put a lot of thought into these things, because we wanna help you out; that's what this is about.

So...yeah. I understand the frustration, but there's nothing to worry about; it's not that we suddenly hate your stuff, it's not anything like that. It's just that there's 20something other audio to review and still 5 days to do it. Some people will 100%, so you will get some reviews. Just bear with us, alright? (:

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 07:54:03

At 4/20/10 05:23 AM, Calamaistr wrote: My post was actually aimed at the people who have been previously reviewing my work not at new reviewers, besides i have a life too so you dont have to be so uppity.

New reviewers? I've been a member of this club since the old one (before this thread) and I've been here for longer than half of the members. I wasn't being "uppity."

I just know that people tend to forget that we aren't machines who live strictly for reviewing and we do this to give back to the community in our free time. This summer I'm going to go back to my 100% since my classes will be online and I'll need the break every half hour or so, but as of now I don't even want to touch one review from this club.

I especially need a break once all of the audio sounds the same week after week and I'm running out of things to say.

Like I said, it's the risk you get posting in here. You might get 0 reviews and you could get anywhere up to 5 or 6 reviews. It just depends on how many other submissions were requested in a week and how busy the members are.

Why don't you join and try keeping 100% for about a year like I did then you will see how 25 audio submissions a week can get tiresome. :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 09:59:28

Yeah Calamaistr, basically what everyone else said. You're one of the main requesters of the club, and while we definitely don't want to say 'hey, stop requesting, you're requesting too much', I'd expect you to be a bit more patient after we've reviewed so many of your submissions (I'm not speaking for myself, I haven't reviewed any of your submissions, but a good number of members, especially Haggard and Coop, have reviewed quite a few of your submissions).

Yes, we do enjoy your tracks (I must say, I've listened to some of your piano pieces and I was very impressed) and I think I'm speaking for everyone when saying that we like reviewing them, especially since they're never like the usual generic trance/dance songs that engulf our requests list, but we review without any payment whatsoever, and the fact that audio is so prominent among our requests makes us forced to cut audio down a little. We'll get to reviewing your work eventually, but for now, be patient please :).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 13:44:59

I'd like to join the club! 1) cause I'd be happy to review stuff for people and 2) cause I really need this reviewed here haha

Specifically, what am I missing if I want this to be trance?

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 14:14:43

At 4/20/10 01:44 PM, paradimensional wrote: I'd like to join the club! 1) cause I'd be happy to review stuff for people and 2) cause I really need this reviewed here haha

Hey man you don't necessarily need to join the club to request submissions lol :P.

But if you still want to join, I had a look through your reviews. Unfortunately, most are one-liners. The one on this submission was fine, but the majority of your audio reviews are one or two-liners, and we never write reviews so short in this club. If you need some examples of good audio reviews, check out RogerBK's, Animith's, Coop83's, Fro's, Haggard's, Joshsouza's, ChampionAnwar's or Celx-Requin's.

Basically, if you're ever going to write reviews for the club, then try and make your reviews long and helpful. Anyway, if you need any help with how to join (if the first post isn't clear enough) then just ask :).

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 26791

We'll get to work on reviewing it in around 1 week and a half or so.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 16:23:19

*Hunf*

I'm passing trough bad tings here in my house guys, my friend said some lies to my dad, then he made me stop using the PC (MY PC!!!)

I hope it's all allright now, and I hope he is fine w/ me now...

Anyways, I'll not manage all those reviews, they're too much!!
I'll do my best to keep on trying, but I'll not make it.

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-20 18:04:56

At 4/20/10 02:14 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
But if you still want to join, I had a look through your reviews. Unfortunately, most are one-liners. The one on this submission was fine, but the majority of your audio reviews are one or two-liners, and we never write reviews so short in this club. If you need some examples of good audio reviews, check out RogerBK's, Animith's, Coop83's, Fro's, Haggard's, Joshsouza's, ChampionAnwar's or Celx-Requin's.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 26791

Yay! I am a good example for once! Well time to start reviewing again I guess but I have to write more to get the post to publish!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 05:47:48

Hi guys I'd like to join this weekend! I'm another audio guy I'm afraid but I'll go easy on you. I don't crank 'em out all the time and I won't ask for everything to be reviewed. Is there a problem if I can't finish the whole list every week? I'm not sure I'd find time to review everything and I don't know anything about art. I can do audio though!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 06:14:51

At 4/21/10 05:47 AM, Shellac wrote: Is there a problem if I can't finish the whole list every week?

No. You just review as many requests as you want. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 07:30:17

At 4/20/10 04:23 PM, RogerBK wrote: *Hunf*

I'm passing trough bad tings here in my house guys, my friend said some lies to my dad, then he made me stop using the PC (MY PC!!!)

Ah, that sucks :(.

I hope it's all allright now, and I hope he is fine w/ me now...

Anyways, I'll not manage all those reviews, they're too much!!
I'll do my best to keep on trying, but I'll not make it.

Aww man, does that only mean Animith and I (or maybe even me only if Animith doesn't make it) will be finishing all the reviews? :(

Come on, we need some more 100%ers ^^.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 09:53:05

At 4/21/10 07:30 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Aww man, does that only mean Animith and I (or maybe even me only if Animith doesn't make it) will be finishing all the reviews? :(

Come on, we need some more 100%ers ^^.

Ouch, that's a scary prospect.
I'll get 100% this week; planning to start reviews today so I'll have less to do on Sunday.
So then if I do them all and you do them all, then at least every request will get two reviews. And your reviews count for about six, so all is well. ;D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 10:48:21

At 4/21/10 09:53 AM, Animith wrote: Ouch, that's a scary prospect.
I'll get 100% this week; planning to start reviews today so I'll have less to do on Sunday.
So then if I do them all and you do them all, then at least every request will get two reviews. And your reviews count for about six, so all is well. ;D

Fair enough :D.

BBS Signature