00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cathanof just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

793,944 Views | 8,818 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 15:14:52

At 4/21/10 07:30 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Come on, we need some more 100%ers ^^.

Plupt!! I don't know if I will do it, but probrably not, since the bimestral test week is coming, and it'll start on Friday, so, I gotta study a lot!!

For people that don't know what is this test week: it's a whole week where the teacher give us a test with the whole bimester subject... (AWWWWW) OBS: it's worth 100 pts, so, it's a grade saver to us...

But, anyways, I have Saturday night to review, I'll do my best guys!!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 15:29:56

At 4/21/10 03:14 PM, RogerBK wrote: Plupt!! I don't know if I will do it, but probrably not, since the bimestral test week is coming, and it'll start on Friday, so, I gotta study a lot!!

For people that don't know what is this test week: it's a whole week where the teacher give us a test with the whole bimester subject... (AWWWWW) OBS: it's worth 100 pts, so, it's a grade saver to us...

But, anyways, I have Saturday night to review, I'll do my best guys!!

Hey man, it's great to finish all the reviews, but don't force yourself to finish reviews and end up doing badly at school or something. School is more important (as unbelievable as it may sound xD) especially now that you're showered with tests, so if you don't manage all of the reviews, don't worry about it.

If you have some free time, then sure, it'd be awesome if you try and finish as many reviews as possible, but if you have a test (or worse, a whole week of tests) and have to choose between studying and writing reviews, don't make reviews a priority :).

Good luck with the tests and with the reviews too anyway ^^.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 16:44:30

Supersteph, wow.. just wow.

Great review on my 1st request of my current 3. Just wanted to share it with all your crew.

Oh btw, you guys do read the responses you get for your reviews right? Just asking. (so i wont have to elaborate :þ )

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 16:52:02

At 4/21/10 04:44 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Supersteph, wow.. just wow.

Great review on my 1st request of my current 3. Just wanted to share it with all your crew.

This is why it's taking you so long to get reviews. We only put 1 review up every week for people who request audio because people request so many at a time. ;)

Oh btw, you guys do read the responses you get for your reviews right? Just asking. (so i wont have to elaborate :þ )

Yeah, I read all of the responses. Believe it or not, your responses are just as helpful to me as my reviews might be to you. (Or probably more in my case)

I've learned everything I know about audio, which isn't a lot, by other people's reviews and responses to my reviews. Their very important to us for that reason. And the fact that we enjoy the +1 stat as well. :P

I can say that I've read every single response that I've ever gotten for an audio, flash, or art review. (all 1,252 of them to date)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 16:58:51

At 4/15/10 03:53 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #39
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
1 ) 5815 | 906 / 911 | 99.45% || 310 | 50 / 50 | 100.00% | Haggard
2 ) 5761 | 898 / 910 | 98.68% || 231 | 38 / 50 | 076.00% | Coop83

You know, that's quite a depressing sight, to see that 100% disappear. Still, I managed it for a lot longer than I thought I was capable of. I'm moving through the flash reviews and should get the Art done tomorrow. Who knows, I might even throw some Audio in for good measure as well.

Audio really is getting to be too much of a load at the moment. I've now worked out how to get the best from my mic, so I might even be able to get some of my own audio made up, which would be cool :D

*All Requests Completed Week 1:
Coop83, Haggard, RogerBK and Animith

So long everybody and thanks for all the fish
- Douglas Adams

It's been fun, but I'm still a Flash and Art reviewer.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 17:13:47

At 4/21/10 04:52 PM, Fro wrote:
At 4/21/10 04:44 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Supersteph, wow.. just wow.

This is why it's taking you so long to get reviews. We only put 1 review up every week for people who request audio because people request so many at a time. ;)

Yeah, I read all of the responses. Believe it or not, your responses are just as helpful to me as my reviews might be to you. (Or probably more in my case)

I've learned everything I know about audio, which isn't a lot, by other people's reviews and responses to my reviews. Their very important to us for that reason. And the fact that we enjoy the +1 stat as well. :P

I can say that I've read every single response that I've ever gotten for an audio, flash, or art review. (all 1,252 of them to date)

Ah cool, well i think i havent missed any review, i even check all my tracks atleast once a day (scrolling over em to see if theres been a review) i try to always respond :)

Also about the earlier thing, it was just that i was a bit concerned after reading about people not feeling like reviewing anymore due to most sounding the same and was afraid it taking 2 weeks to be related. So wanted to measure what was going on, i hope i didnt come off rude to you guys i didnt mean it rude.

You guys are great.. i mean im 'asking you people to review my work and youre always elaborate and it makes me feel content knowing people listened to my work. My mentor (recently have been getting some lessons, first piano but now also guitar) always asked me 'why, do you still upload music there if so little people seem to apreciate your style' and i always answered that i just wanted to share, but i also want people to enjoy it, have a moment in the universe i created within my work.. i dont want any other reward than that and even though im 'requesting' it to be reviewed these reviews mean as much to me as a random person popping up and liking my music. It might inspire someone, id like to see it come alive. But first of all Id like it to be truly listened to, not just heard.. but taken in.. explored. And you guys do that prove your elaborate reviews.

A score to me is just secondary detail, i dont see it as judgement on my work.. its just a lonely job and could use some company.

Thanks again. -Cal.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-21 22:03:18

At 4/21/10 03:29 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

but if you have a test (or worse, a whole week of tests) and have to choose between studying and writing reviews, don't make reviews a priority :).

I always do this, I don't want to get a red grade, since I wouldn't use the PC anymore ^^. But, fortunately, I never stopped studying and all my grades were awesome, I just want to keep this streak until I finish school... I particulary hate going to school, but I understand it's very importanto for my future carrer... ;)

Good luck with the tests and with the reviews too anyway ^^.

Kthx Steph!! I'll do my best to get the highest grade!! WooT!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 00:29:51

newest track if you can guys give some feed back, im submitting it to the game three music needed thread for the newest behemoth game coming out

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 06:17:22

last minute reviewing gogogogog for anwar!

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 09:37:23

At 4/21/10 04:44 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Oh btw, you guys do read the responses you get for your reviews right? Just asking. (so i wont have to elaborate :þ )

Yes, I read all the responses to my reviews.

At 4/21/10 05:13 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Also about the earlier thing, it was just that i was a bit concerned after reading about people not feeling like reviewing anymore due to most sounding the same and was afraid it taking 2 weeks to be related.

Maybe there's just a slight misunderstanding. The reason why Coop and I stopped reviewing 100% every week is mostly that it's too much for us. Just take a look at the current request list. There's again 20 audio requests and it's more and more becoming a chore to do rather than a thing we enjoy doing.

And after so many requests things sadly do start to sound the same (for me it's techno, I'm not into that genre, so I might miss all the differences that it has to offer). And if we can't be of any help to the artist, why bother reviewing his work?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 10:41:21

At 4/22/10 09:37 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/21/10 04:44 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Oh btw, you guys do read the responses you get for your reviews right? Just asking. (so i wont have to elaborate :þ )
Yes, I read all the responses to my reviews.

Same here - I love reading them, because it says to me that the reviewee actually read the review ;)

At 4/21/10 05:13 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Also about the earlier thing, it was just that i was a bit concerned after reading about people not feeling like reviewing anymore due to most sounding the same and was afraid it taking 2 weeks to be related.
Maybe there's just a slight misunderstanding. The reason why Coop and I stopped reviewing 100% every week is mostly that it's too much for us. Just take a look at the current request list. There's again 20 audio requests and it's more and more becoming a chore to do rather than a thing we enjoy doing.

Yeah, when I get a little time, I will review some non-dance / trance / techno tracks. I've grown disillusioned with the whole genre right now. I used to be able to tolerate it when I went clubbing as a Uni Student, mainly for two reasons: Alcohol and Sex. Now since neither really necessitates the thump of a bass beat in the background and getting covered with someone else's drinks and / or sweat while trying to "dance", I can certainly cut this out.

That and I'm now back to 8-10 hours a week on the cricket field, so away from my computer.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 10:49:56

Can I join? I can review audio submissions probably lmao

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 14:11:37

At 4/22/10 10:49 AM, Sawdust wrote: Can I join? I can review audio submissions probably lmao

Yeah, a good number of your audio reviews are fine, some are like 2 or 3 liners, so try and avoid them when reviewing for the club, but other than that, keep up the good work.

You've been requesting for a long time, so you're familiar with the system, right? You know, post your points at the end of the week and review requests from the latest requests list and all that stuff, right?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-22 21:52:03

Hey Steph! Guys! I know i wasnt really good last time... you know, when i was a member here... But i think that, now that i make kick ass music and all, i have allot more to offer to other artists thus i will be able to review more! So yeah, im back! I know what to do but i will, as it was before, only be reviewing audio.

Hehe! get ready for some competition Steph!
Cheers!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 06:33:30

Would you fellas mind giving this a listen?

I don't do dance tracks at all. This is the first so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 06:35:43

At 4/22/10 10:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Yeah, when I get a little time, I will review some non-dance / trance / techno tracks. I've grown disillusioned with the whole genre right now. I used to be able to tolerate it when I went clubbing as a Uni Student, mainly for two reasons: Alcohol and Sex. Now since neither really necessitates the thump of a bass beat in the background and getting covered with someone else's drinks and / or sweat while trying to "dance", I can certainly cut this out.

That and I'm now back to 8-10 hours a week on the cricket field, so away from my computer.

Its ages ago since i frequented the clubs, so i know what you mean, eventually it became tiresome to even hear the music that they play in there, and the more i developed my knowledge of music.. the less i could listen to that stuff.

I never tried to dance though, moving my limbs uncontrollably isnt something i want to do when listening to music, it distracts me to much from what music brings.. if it is music that is (referring to the above)

I still dont see how people can actually dance on club stuff.. i guess you have to be really really drunk for that anyway, since rocking up and down or back and forth with soley your head isnt very enjoyable when sober nor is it interesting to other sober people.

Enyway, good luck on the cricketfield (never played it but sounds fun) and i look forward to you sometimes having the energy to review some of my work again. :)

Greets -Cal.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 08:01:40

I don't use FL and I normally work in a band or orchestra format so it's not the typical stuff you hear on NG I don't think... It is very short though as it was for a game.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 09:59:14

At 4/22/10 09:52 PM, aliaspharow wrote: Hey Steph! Guys! I know i wasnt really good last time... you know, when i was a member here... But i think that, now that i make kick ass music and all, i have allot more to offer to other artists thus i will be able to review more! So yeah, im back! I know what to do but i will, as it was before, only be reviewing audio.

Hehe! get ready for some competition Steph!
Cheers!

Pfft, you're not the only one I'm competing with currently, lol :P.

Don't worry though, I am not an easy competitor >:3.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 16:01:43

Oh my GOD, this really sucks. My programs keep closing down after a few minutes. I've already had to write the same review 3 times in a row. I even try writing it in Notepad but Notepad encounters a problem after a few minutes too.

Not even fate wants me to finish the requests.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 18:16:32

At 4/23/10 04:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Not even fate wants me to finish the requests.

lol, I know whow is that feeling, I had a notebook where I could barely enter Internet, I think this was at the early 2002, my father bought a PC and, then a notebook, the both got viruses, since we knew shit about computers...

lol (again)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 20:21:43

Kay guys, get ready to hates me...
I may need an extension. I'm gonna be out for most of the weekend, haven't started about eight reviews and haven't finished and posted near-any. I might get a lot of them done on train journeys to and from places, but I basically won't have an Internet connection again 'til late Sunday/early Monday either way. So...yeah. Annoyingly, tis the same tune from me. I should hire an NGer to kick my ass into getting things done earlier so I don't keep running into deadlines so unprepared. It's kinda a wonder that I'm passing uni at all.

Anyway, apologies for being such a procrastinate tool. If you feel like you can hold the line of updates for this 'ere straggler, then I'll be much obliged to you and will proceed to pelt cookies at everyone. If not, then update and I'll put the reviews I don't get done on my to-do list. Which I will knock through once I find someone to force me into working. xD

And one of these times I'll write a post without rambling like a crazy person. I won't, but it looks fractionally better if I conclude with that.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-23 22:46:31

I need help, just like Animith...

I have guitar workshop the whole weekend, but I'll take my netbook to the hotel, and I will try to review something, since I have to review more than 15 requests...

OMG, what a shame...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 03:35:40

@Animith and RogerBK:
Don't worry. I'll extend till as long as possible: the more reviews we give, the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 15:14:19

Hi there people, i'll appreciate it a lot if you could review my new audio submission, take care all of you!

Don't forget to check my music here in newgrounds! just click HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 17:34:55

Alt account, for the monthly audio contest, ringtone theme. I'd like to know what you think of it.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 19:26:21

Please and thank you in advance. I also respond to all reviews.

Taste me you will see, more is all you need.

Portfolio

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 19:54:33

Clear (Rezurrected Mix)

Could you please review my song? It has no reviews and only a couple of votes, and I think it has quite a lot of potential. It's a newer version of my old song.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 21:51:04

Newgrounds isn't working right for me right now...
Hopefully it'll clear up before I go on my business trip, otherwise there is a very real possibility I could drop off the list :O

That would really suck...

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 22:00:54

Hey guys, are you with a problem where you can't acess nothing on NG??

when I enter a movie or game, it shows nothing, just something like this:
Type id is AD_ERROR_TYPE Can't show anything?

Is it avirus or what???

Fuck, man!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-04-24 22:10:42

At 4/24/10 10:00 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey guys, are you with a problem where you can't access nothing on NG??

The whole site is having issues. If you go into the general forum, there is a thread about half an hour old with almost 3 pages. Which basically shows the entire community is having this problem. I think its a problem with the ads, and the staff are fixing it. And that's why the only ads you see now are Icon/Hominid ones.

It should be fixed soon.

BBS Signature