00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Medal Games Wiki

23,473 Views | 222 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 13:40:05

If you have made a medal guide and would be willing to format a wiki page for those guide that you have written then please post in this topic saying what guide. We will then give you the ability to edit them.

You will still remain as the person being able to edit the page in case there is any update or error needed.

Format:

We will allow you to be free with your formatting, but don't go too wild. The code you will need can be found here. :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/secret-pa ges-do-not-publish/wiki-formatting

Here is an example of a finished one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/games/med al-games/a-blobs-tale-2

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 13:45:07

If you've already wrote a guide and want it published you can PM me, Fro, or Wylo. We will give you access to edit the wiki for any game you've wrote a guide for.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 13:56:19

I'm not familiar with how this works, but I've written guides for three games.

Walkthrough/Monsterguide Epic Battle Fantasy
A Small Favor Guide to Medals
Pilgrimage Medal Guide

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 14:23:00

neat guys!
i'll post my Level Up! guide ASAP.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 14:26:09

aaaaaand here it is (sorry for double-post):

http://portalwarpedjp.newgrounds.com/new s/post/407962

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 15:06:13

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 15:20:13

done and done!
let me know if there's something wrong:
link

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 16:06:59

I finished the ones for A Small Favor and Pilgrimage.

Epic Battle Fantasy is gonna take longer though. The guide itself is pretty confusing in its current form and I'll probably have to do a lot with the lay-out and table of contents to make it clear and easy to use.

I don't think I could get started on it this week anymore (busy times ahead), but I'll try to get it done somewhere next week.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 16:14:11

Cave of Wonders is done, and my part of Dragon Boy is done; I'm not going to step on any toes by including things I didn't write unless they're already in my posts.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 16:16:06

At 4/13/10 04:06 PM, Auz wrote: I finished the ones for A Small Favor and Pilgrimage.

Epic Battle Fantasy is gonna take longer though. The guide itself is pretty confusing in its current form and I'll probably have to do a lot with the lay-out and table of contents to make it clear and easy to use.

I don't think I could get started on it this week anymore (busy times ahead), but I'll try to get it done somewhere next week.

If it would help, I could come up with an online tool for converting raw news post data into wiki format. It would be a straight search-and-replace, so strong and em tags would be replaced by ''' and '', strong followed by underline would be replaced by ==, that sort of thing. Will certainly make the code conversion faster.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 16:21:10

At 4/13/10 04:16 PM, chris-marks wrote: If it would help, I could come up with an online tool for converting raw news post data into wiki format. It would be a straight search-and-replace, so strong and em tags would be replaced by ''' and '', strong followed by underline would be replaced by ==, that sort of thing. Will certainly make the code conversion faster.

I guess that'll help. I don't know if I'm happy with the current lay-out though, but I'm sure it would save time anyhow. So if you could come up with such a thing, that'd be great. I'm sure other people might find it useful as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 16:32:21

also, once the wiki is presentable enough and we release it publically, i will no longer be updating my newspost.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 17:27:54

Looking great guys. :)

Few suggestions: You might want to fix up and stylize Stickya-Adventurya a little bit more to make it more consistent with the others. Also, hyperlink the URL to the video at the bottom, cut out the "Read the comments of the blog..." and "3/11/10 update...." statements; they are unnecessary.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 22:30:01

Well, the arrow of time is up. That was a difficult task to accomplish. I will get going on my couple other guides, including the classroom 3 soon.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-13 23:05:56

- Monstertime, basic video included
- Armed Prophet

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-14 01:58:46

Please take advantage of using headers for the Table of Contents for clarity and organisation.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-15 11:15:39

Hey, if you want your guide to save on the wiki page then you must push the save button! If you just publish the page it without saving it won't actually show up. So make sure to do this in the future and it's probably a good idea to do this anyway since you should be checking out how it looks every now and then.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-18 23:02:39

Editing the wiki is easy and fun. Everyone should do it! I just finished Colour My Fate, though I changed some things from the original walkthrough (and I didn't include the info about how to get the secret medal).

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-20 19:38:37

Hey guys I need some help, I can't get this code to work:
[image:http://path_to_image float]

I replace Path_to_image with the picture's URL and replace float with left/center/right. But it just doesn't work :(

(BTW I also finished Bunny invasion: Easter).

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-20 19:57:45

At 4/20/10 07:38 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Hey guys I need some help, I can't get this code to work:

I replace Path_to_image with the picture's URL and replace float with left/center/right. But it just doesn't work :(

I personally don't know how to get the picture code to work, but I'm assuming Wylo does because he included a picture in a section of the wiki.

Tom said to wait for pictures because in the future there will probably be a picture uploader to make things much easier, but if Wylo or Life knows how it works then it's fair game I guess.

Thanks a lot. One a day is really all it's going to take. I just wish someone else was interested so it would go a little quicker.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-20 20:27:13

At 4/20/10 07:57 PM, Fro wrote:
At 4/20/10 07:38 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Hey guys I need some help, I can't get this code to work:

I personally don't know how to get the picture code to work, but I'm assuming Wylo does because he included a picture in a section of the wiki.

Tom said to wait for pictures because in the future there will probably be a picture uploader to make things much easier, but if Wylo or Life knows how it works then it's fair game I guess.

Oh OK. I was working on the Tremerz guide and I just wanted to experiment with pictures so that walkthroughs don't look just like a bunch of boring text :)

Thanks anyway :)

Thanks a lot. One a day is really all it's going to take.
No problem! I actually like doing this :D
I just wish someone else was interested so it would go a little quicker.

Yeah it's a shame. If more people joined, the whole wiki could be completed in a few days.

At 4/13/10 03:20 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: done and done!
let me know if there's something wrong:
link

I hope you don't mind, but I made a lot of minor changes in your guide. Basically I just fixed some grammar and vocabulary errors. It looks like you forget about capitalization... A lot. :P

Also, I noticed how some of the things didn't look the way you wanted to, so I added a lot of line breaks with [[br]]. That's because if there isn't a blank line between to paragraphs, it will all look like you just wrote it all in one line. So the following text would look at just one line in one paragraph:

Be sure to
include [[br]]
at the end of each line ;)

This, on the other hand, would be a different paragraph, because there's a blank line. I hope you get the idea.

I also linked to some users' profile where you named them (if you say that someone contributed to certain part of the walkthrough, it would be good to link to his/her profile).

I know that I sound too bossy, sorry!

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-22 00:02:46

I wrote the official walkthrough for Seven's Second Adventure

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-22 00:54:50

Ya, that method didn't work, so I tried the other method (the hyperlink one) which seems to work fine.
[[image]]http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/1850 00/185604_127088_Untitled_1.gif[[/image]
]

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-22 01:57:10

I have made a walkthrough for escaping the prison.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-22 16:36:54

At 4/22/10 12:54 AM, Wylo wrote:

Ya, that method didn't work, so I tried the other method (the hyperlink one) which seems to work fine.
[[image]]http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/1850 00/185604_127088_Untitled_1.gif[[/image]
]

Yeah I noticed that the "hyperlink method" worked but I wanted to try the other method because I thought that it could be more useful in certain situations. Thanks for the help!

BTW, Tremerz and The Journeys of Reemus: Chapter 4 are up!

I wanted to add a picture at the end of each path in TJoR but my computer crashed while I was playing the game and making the walkthrough, so in the end I didn't include them. I may edit it later though.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-23 13:40:06

Dose this work in newsposts?

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-23 17:52:16

At 4/23/10 01:40 PM, Rawnern wrote: Dose this work in newsposts?

Wiki != Newsposts

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-25 14:14:12

Hey, I noticed that if you use the square bracket tags and the text "inside" them contains apostrophes, the tags don't work. I just wanted to point it out though I wasn't sure about were to post it.

Anyway, the guides for Pico blast (my best one so far IMO), In Utero (I hope you don't mind that I tried making the beginning somewhat funny), farmBee and NG rumble (I may include a few pics in the future) are up.

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-25 18:36:40

At 4/25/10 02:14 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Hey, I noticed that if you use the square bracket tags and the text "inside" them contains apostrophes, the tags don't work. I just wanted to point it out though I wasn't sure about were to post it.

Ya, apostrophes don't mesh with the formatting very well. Italics and bold is another area where apostrophes are disastrous.

Anyway, the guides for Pico blast (my best one so far IMO), In Utero (I hope you don't mind that I tried making the beginning somewhat funny), farmBee and NG rumble (I may include a few pics in the future) are up.

We appreciate all the help we can get! Thanks!

Response to Ng Medal Games Wiki 2010-04-25 18:53:44

At 4/25/10 06:36 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 4/25/10 02:14 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Hey, I noticed that if you use the square bracket tags and the text "inside" them contains apostrophes, the tags don't work. I just wanted to point it out though I wasn't sure about were to post it.
Ya, apostrophes don't mesh with the formatting very well. Italics and bold is another area where apostrophes are disastrous.

Yes but in italics and bold it can easily be fixed. If you're trying to write something with an apostrophe in italics, you must do this:

''I'''''m Ismael.''

There are 5 apostrophes in I'm. the first 2 close the italic tag, the 3rd one is the one that you actually see, and the 4th and 5th apostrophes open the tag again. If you're writing in bold, you must use 7 apostrophes instead of 5.