00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kitchenlover99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,792 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 09:12:35

Another thing that I experienced while dreaming was I was completely aware that the voices were coming from my head. So basically, I felt like I was going crazy. It's happened to me several times. Also, sometimes, I have mini dreams. Like, I'll be sitting there (after staying up and having a really erratic sleep schedule) and I'll dream.... and it seems like dreams go SUPER FAST. And I wake up abruptly and what felt like in my dream hours, was only a minute in real time. Dreams are trippy.

Guaranteed not to disappoint.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:07:35

For some reason I heard a soft voice whispering in my right ear when I tried this. It was to soft and quiet to make out any words, but I was still freaked out.

Graagh? || Ich habe ein gros Hosenschlange

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:13:30

i tried it and woah it was weird!
so first i started feeling this giant vibration. then i got a bunch of heat waves and twitching sensations at my feet and legs, then i started to get a bunch of images in my mind. i was seeing a ghost on a skateboard, riding it down my body, then it all just went away and i was able to move again.

If you dont think you're awesome, then you fucking suck!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:20:55

Protip: Use a proxy to bypass your local administrators settings to access lucid dreaming.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:32:30

I tried it last night. I layed in bed with my eyes close and didn't move at all. After about 20 minutes.. i fell asleep. However, when I woke up, I remembered what I dreamed about! And I STILL remember most of what I dreamed about.

Also, here is another great site with information and steps on lucid dreaming. Lucidipedia

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:33:26

At 3/24/08 04:23 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 3/23/08 07:21 PM, smc316 wrote: I'm gonna try that tonight!
Oh my god that was so fucking werid!

It was so creepy!

Ewww.

"Ewwww?" =P Admit it, you probably enjoyed it =P

At 3/24/08 06:53 AM, freechips1 wrote: Hmm... I tried it...

I decided to read for a while before actually trying it. I tested out the not moving thing and soon enough I got a very strange sensation spreading up the back of my neck. I stopped it though.

I tried it for real and... it just didn't work. I don't know what I did but no hallucinations for me :(

I'll try again tonight.

The part with the feeling creeping up your neck sounds promising. But sounds like you got shafted on your second try =/

At 3/24/08 08:38 AM, Tramps wrote: I'm not sure if it happened or not.

I was lying in bed thinking of having a lucid dream. I read up about it on wikipedia and other lucid dreaming sites. Apparently, lying completely still for 10 - 20 minutes, imagining past dreams, imagining pictures and yourself jumping into the pictures while they come real around you and counting breaths can help induce the dream.

So anyway, lying in bed. I close my eyes and remain completely still. You know when you close your eyes and it doesn't seem dark at all? Well, it was like that for about two minutes. Then I felt a flush up my body. It started at my waist and followed through my body. The almost light feeling in my shut eyes changed to pitch black. I still didn't move, but then I started seeing loads of weird things with my mind's eye.

I'm not sure if a lucid dream is feeling as if you're looking through your eyes or with your mind's eye, so I wasn't sure if I was having one. But, I imagined a picture of a beach. All of a sudden, the picture got bigger and expanded in front of my eyes. Then I felt it become real around me and I became a wave crashing into the sand on the beach. Then, I felt like I was whooshing through several scenario's at an alarming rate.

I didn't try moving because I read it would break the hallucination, if I was having one and I didn't want to. Then, I fell asleep for real, and I'm not sure if you're meant to wake up from Lucid Dreams first before falling asleep, so I was confused about that.

All in all, weird experience and I'll be trying it almost every night to see different outcomes.

Dude, you got the nail right on the head with that one =) From the moment that you entered to beach scene to the moment that you "fell asleep", you were in a lucid dream. My advice to you is to figure out how to prolong the lucid and make it more stable. It might have been slightly difficult that dream
though. The most common techniques are spinning on the spot and looking at your hands which might be hard to do if you're a wave =P The last really good method is verbal commands. If you were flying through the scenarios you could "say" (in the dream) "STOP" (really forceful-like) and you should get the proper result =P More stuff bout stabilization here. (this site has answers to all the questions you guys are asking if you look around it =O)

At 3/24/08 08:51 AM, mranarchy wrote: Well I tried it...did'nt work for me-AND my mouth dried out from not moving my tongue or throat and its covered with cuts...
I lay there for A FUCKING HOUR!...

>.< Dreams, SP and lucids are unpredictable at best. Sorry to hear your first experience was a bad one. But CUTS??? Thats dedication O_O

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 10:45:28

At 3/24/08 09:06 AM, MinusNick wrote: In the article he mentions the switch from physical hearng to realtime hearing. I've experienced that before, but I had no idea what it was called. Time to go to Wikipedia!

Hehe... Wiki is a good resource for some things (for the scientific side of this, it is great) but be very vary of techniques described on there. Remember, nobody really knows whats "right" in this field so if something is wrong on the wiki page, it won't get removed. The wiki-community aspect doesn't work as well for something like this. Just a word of caution.

At 3/24/08 09:12 AM, NishieGirl wrote: Another thing that I experienced while dreaming was I was completely aware that the voices were coming from my head. So basically, I felt like I was going crazy. It's happened to me several times. Also, sometimes, I have mini dreams. Like, I'll be sitting there (after staying up and having a really erratic sleep schedule) and I'll dream.... and it seems like dreams go SUPER FAST. And I wake up abruptly and what felt like in my dream hours, was only a minute in real time. Dreams are trippy.

Nope, you're not crazy. The voices happen to most people.

As for the long dream in a short time period, It's called time dilation.

At 3/24/08 10:07 AM, freechips1 wrote: For some reason I heard a soft voice whispering in my right ear when I tried this. It was to soft and quiet to make out any words, but I was still freaked out.

Sounds promising =)

At 3/24/08 10:13 AM, pigzlord wrote: i tried it and woah it was weird!
so first i started feeling this giant vibration. then i got a bunch of heat waves and twitching sensations at my feet and legs, then i started to get a bunch of images in my mind. i was seeing a ghost on a skateboard, riding it down my body, then it all just went away and i was able to move again.

It was fun, eh?

At 3/24/08 10:20 AM, McJesus wrote: Protip: Use a proxy to bypass your local administrators settings to access lucid dreaming.

He's found the ultimate secret! Get him!

At 3/24/08 10:32 AM, UnknownFear wrote: I tried it last night. I layed in bed with my eyes close and didn't move at all. After about 20 minutes.. i fell asleep. However, when I woke up, I remembered what I dreamed about! And I STILL remember most of what I dreamed about.

Also, here is another great site with information and steps on lucid dreaming. Lucidipedia

Dream recall- very important if you're interested in this at all. Whats the point of having awesome dreams if you can't remember them when you wake up? In fact, many people conjecture that pretty much everyone's been lucid before- they just forgot about it by the time they woke up. You have ALOT of dreams you don't remember. If you have a "night with no dreams" It's more likely that you just don't remember them.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 11:05:05

I tried this last night. took about 10 minutes when i started seeing semi-dreams, some awesome metal songs that don´t even exist started playing in my head and i dreamt that i was plaing live, and that´s it. I never got the hallucinations, am i allowed to swallow or blink?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 11:49:29

At 3/24/08 11:05 AM, DeIirium wrote: I tried this last night. took about 10 minutes when i started seeing semi-dreams, some awesome metal songs that don´t even exist started playing in my head and i dreamt that i was plaing live, and that´s it. I never got the hallucinations, am i allowed to swallow or blink?

Hearing awesome songs that don't exist == win. Happens all the time in dreams =)

Remember, everyone's experiences are different. You may never get hallucinations just like other people may never hear their own music. I highly doubt we'll get 2 accounts here that'll be exactly the same.

For swallowing and blinking... You're supposed to have your eyes closed... No need to blink O_O. For swallowing, check out the thread in the first post. He gives a few suggestions farther down the page.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:00:17

I wont be able to do it.
i got ADHD, if i won't move for over like 2 minutes my fingers will move by themselves..

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:01:52

When I do it, I try to move and I can't :c

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:10:15

Whenever I do this I get dizzy as hell when i get up. It's really fun though. Try it one day when you're bored as hell.

"In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:10:21

Tips for blinking and swallowing:

Blinking
Rest in the dark for 30 minutes before attempting a Lucid Dream to quieten your eyes.

Swallowing
Tilt your head up slightly to deal with the swallow reflex.

Graagh? || Ich habe ein gros Hosenschlange

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:13:36

Wait, do you do this when you're tired and just hope you don't fall asleep or could I try it now? While I'm wide awake.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:23:28

Lol. I dreamt I was in harry potter 4 and I was a death swallower or whatever it is, then I concentrated and it didn't work, I just turned into luigi, I can't control them properly, though I did manage to turn it into a wet dream.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 12:38:43

At 3/24/08 12:13 PM, Winned wrote: Wait, do you do this when you're tired and just hope you don't fall asleep or could I try it now? While I'm wide awake.

It works alot better when you're tired but you could technically do it at any time. The key word is relaxation. Can you get really really relaxed and calm or will your mind buzz around happily for no end for a few hours if you tried to lie down and prevent you from doing this? It's really your call and experimenting never hurts =P

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 14:23:51

So, I tried it last night. I was very tired so it worked rather quickly. I even removed my rats wheel from their cage so there would be complete silence in my room. I laid there for about 45 minutes in the dark, and even though my eyes were closed, at some point I started to see silver circles. I know I felt the weird sensation over my body too. And I did not like the feeling in my hands. It didn't feel right - like if I wanted to move them to scratch an itch, I wouldn't be able to because I had no control. That kind of feeling.

I still kept seeing these silver circles. It was like my eyes were open and I was watching this but really they were closed. The circles turned into lava and it felt like a bad trip. It also felt like I was falling into it. Yeah, messed. Oh, but everything was ruined when my cat jumped up on my stomach and jolted me awake.

Everyone has their own different experiences? Well, I don't think I enjoyed it.
I'm not a patient person whatsoever, so I'm rather surprised I even got that far.
I don't even know if I did this right or if it's just my mind believing I was doing it right.

My friend Yiikes was going to try it too, she may have something to post about when she wakes up. She was very hesitant about it though, and said she didn't understand what the point of it all was...

asdf

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 14:39:51

I'll try that tonight,it sounds cool.

Credit for my sig goes to Torkelson. +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++Link in my sig goes to Earfetish's website,which has the best stories ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 14:45:54

At 3/23/08 04:34 PM, citricsquid wrote: Sounds silly.

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical here.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 14:47:17

Is this a WILD thread?
I'm very good at WILDs as well as DILDs.

dreamscape.com

Hail 7chan.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 14:53:34

I tried it but I couldn't stop moving around. Well done for all who did do it.

DURR HURR

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 15:17:28

At 3/24/08 02:23 PM, wtfyourface wrote: So, I tried it last night. I was very tired so it worked rather quickly. I even removed my rats wheel from their cage so there would be complete silence in my room. I laid there for about 45 minutes in the dark, and even though my eyes were closed, at some point I started to see silver circles. I know I felt the weird sensation over my body too. And I did not like the feeling in my hands. It didn't feel right - like if I wanted to move them to scratch an itch, I wouldn't be able to because I had no control. That kind of feeling.

I still kept seeing these silver circles. It was like my eyes were open and I was watching this but really they were closed. The circles turned into lava and it felt like a bad trip. It also felt like I was falling into it. Yeah, messed. Oh, but everything was ruined when my cat jumped up on my stomach and jolted me awake.

Everyone has their own different experiences? Well, I don't think I enjoyed it.
I'm not a patient person whatsoever, so I'm rather surprised I even got that far.
I don't even know if I did this right or if it's just my mind believing I was doing it right.

My friend Yiikes was going to try it too, she may have something to post about when she wakes up. She was very hesitant about it though, and said she didn't understand what the point of it all was...

You're a LDer already right? The big point of this thread was to introduce people to dreaming in general by giving them something that is relatively easy to perform with a high success rate. If you're already into dreaming, the best use for this is to initiate a WILD (which it can do with reasonable success). That HI(hypagogic imagery) sounds like it could have easily turned into an LD if your cat hadn't jumped on you =/

At 3/24/08 02:45 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 3/23/08 04:34 PM, citricsquid wrote: Sounds silly.
Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical here.

So.... you got 16,000 posts by only reading the first few replys to a thread?

Bleh, I have a feeling the "4 pages is too long to read" syndrome is gonna start setting in on this thread =/

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 15:24:29

I did it. I was just sitting there, my eyes were half open, and suddenly, a big wave went up my body, and I felt like my body just jumped straight up about a foot.

But after sitting there for like another 3 minutes, I realized I hadn't moved. I started hearing voices, but I fell asleep to quick. I'm hoping for better results tonight.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 15:24:38

im gonna do it in a bathtub and kill myself

yaaaaay

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 15:28:48

At 3/24/08 03:17 PM, Arby wrote: You're a LDer already right? The big point of this thread was to introduce people to dreaming in general by giving them something that is relatively easy to perform with a high success rate. If you're already into dreaming, the best use for this is to initiate a WILD (which it can do with reasonable success). That HI(hypagogic imagery) sounds like it could have easily turned into an LD if your cat hadn't jumped on you =/

Yeah, I'm already a LDer, but I thought I would try this out anyway and initiate lucid dreaming myself. If that makes any sense. It was a weird experience and I'm going to try it out again tonight.

asdf

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 16:45:59

At 3/24/08 03:24 PM, gibleto wrote: I did it. I was just sitting there, my eyes were half open, and suddenly, a big wave went up my body, and I felt like my body just jumped straight up about a foot.

But after sitting there for like another 3 minutes, I realized I hadn't moved. I started hearing voices, but I fell asleep to quick. I'm hoping for better results tonight.

I love hearing all these success stories, guys =)

At 3/24/08 03:28 PM, wtfyourface wrote: Yeah, I'm already a LDer, but I thought I would try this out anyway and initiate lucid dreaming myself. If that makes any sense. It was a weird experience and I'm going to try it out again tonight.

Sounds good =)

And I thought this picture might be relevant to this thread =P

Making your body fall asleep

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 16:52:14

this sounds really cool but im scared it won't work since it seems impossible to keep my body perfectly still for 20mins and this whole thing seems hard and complex i want it too work and also i might be excited causing my body to move.

any tips to help me?

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 17:24:22

do you have to keep your eyes completely still until after you get the urge to move?

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 17:37:10

It's like getting high, there are even after effects.

I for one, have a messed up vision now...

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 18:36:12

At 3/24/08 04:52 PM, binman-007 wrote: this sounds really cool but im scared it won't work since it seems impossible to keep my body perfectly still for 20mins and this whole thing seems hard and complex i want it too work and also i might be excited causing my body to move.

any tips to help me?

Don't fail?

At 3/24/08 05:24 PM, Splurda wrote: do you have to keep your eyes completely still until after you get the urge to move?

You never move your eyes. Your body's eyes stay still (or enter REM, no idea) during the whole thing. You'll probably get a set of "dream eyes" which will see stuff and you'll be able to look around with those.