00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crzyhentaiboy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,799 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 16:42:46

You guys should check this guys videos on youtube, he helps with learning how to get into Lucid Dreaming and all that, -LINK-.
Really interesting stuff :D

Shrug Island - A hand drawn musical adventure game <3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 19:25:34

At 3/24/08 10:12 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote:
At 3/24/08 09:46 PM, Arby wrote:
At 3/24/08 09:06 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I want to, but it says you get an uncomfortable "wave" the puts pressure on you.

And can you wake your body up after you've done it?
You can wake your body just by moving. You can move because theres no paralysis =)
Awesome, that's nice to know...

yeah that is good to know; you can wake yourself up. ill do it now. You can do it right in the middle of the day right?

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 19:34:15

wow i tried it again last night with about 7-9 shots of vodca,

i got the effects in half the time, but after about 3 minutes of numbness and a rushing sound i started to feel very stressed and all of a sudden i started to panic. i was trying to thrash around but it felt like being strapped down, strapped to a table while haveing a blow torch pointed at your head. after about 20 seconds of that i woke up and i was sitting up in my bed. very hot and sweaty. and only 35 minutes had passed. i tried to do it again but i fell asleep and had no dream, i also woke up late and very tired. :(

but damn it was fun, found my self a new hobby :P

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 19:37:45

ok, and I want a proffesional answer on this; I may sound paranoid, but are there any risks to trying this? I read this thing that there is a rumor that sometimes you die in a dream you die in reality.... it's probably a bunch of mindless bullshit, but I'm not one for dying. Can I have some feedback please?

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 19:56:26

I tried this for the past two nights.

Night 1: I almost made it. I had been still for about 20 minutes. I thought I could almost feel my body doing the vibrations. But my room happens to be right next to the garage, and my brother got home from worked and slammed the door upon coming in. Woke me right up and I decided to not try it that night.

Night 2: Again, I think I got really close. But I think I might have been moving my thumb a bit, but it might have been the vibrating that comes along with doing this.

Either way, I recommend trying this. Even though it hasn't worked for me yet, I fall asleep faster, and stay asleep longer.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 20:45:42

At 3/23/08 04:41 PM, aprime wrote:
At 3/23/08 04:37 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I've done that before, although not on purpose. I was stoned and laid on the bed, and couldn't be bothered moving, so my body fell asleep while my mind was still awake.
lmao

I was think of trying that sleeping technique, but u put me off

Ditto

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:26:06

At 3/26/08 07:37 PM, C-Doodlez-Man wrote: ok, and I want a proffesional answer on this; I may sound paranoid, but are there any risks to trying this? I read this thing that there is a rumor that sometimes you die in a dream you die in reality.... it's probably a bunch of mindless bullshit, but I'm not one for dying. Can I have some feedback please?

To refer to a previous post I made:

CAN LUCID DREAMING BE DANGEROUS?

The overwhelming majority of lucid dreams are positive, rewarding experiences. Moreover, lucidity in unpleasant dreams or nightmares can transform habitual fear into conscious courage. The simple state of lucidity is frequently enough to elevate the mood of a dreamer in a nightmare. In a study of the effect of lucid dreams on mood, college students reported that realizing they were dreaming in a nightmare helped them feel better about 60 percent of the time. Lucidity was seven times more likely to make nightmares better than worse.

A parallel concern is that dying in a dream can cause death in reality. If this were true, how would we know? Anyone who died from a dream could not tell us about its content. Many people, after awakening alive, report having died in their dreams with no ill effect. Dreams of death can actually be insightful experiences about life, rebirth, and transcendence.

Some people believe that dreams are messages from the unconscious mind and should not be consciously altered. Modern research on dreaming, discussed further in chapter 5 of EWLD, suggests that dreams are not messages, but models of the world. While awake, sensory and perceptual information governs our model. While dreaming, our bodies are paralyzed and our brain builds a world model based on a secondary source; namely, our assumptions, motivations, and expectations. These biases are difficult to identify while awake, so a world based entirely on such biases, the world of dreams, can help us to recognize them. Thus, dreams are not messages, but are more like clues into the inner workings of our minds. The conscious and critical awareness that accompanies lucid dreams allows dreamers to thoughtfully interpret their dreams while they happen.

Finally, some people worry that lucid dreams are so exciting and pleasurable that they will become addicted and "sleep their life away." There is a biological obstacle to living in lucid dreams: we have a limited amount of REM sleep. More importantly, lucid dreams can be inspirations for how to act and improve in reality. Your behavior strongly influences your experience in both worlds. Lucid dreams can be signposts for how you can make your waking reality more exciting and enjoyable.

Source.

tl; dr - No they're not dangerous.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:30:44

At 3/23/08 04:35 PM, Gergaloth wrote: Give yourself the stranger.

Way ahead of you.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:35:43

Unless Someone Locks This Post..I Think It Will Last A Pretty Long Time

The 1337 Club Of NG

GAMERTAG-Super KushX3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:37:14

I'm about to go to bed and have my second go at this. Wish me luck :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:38:17

this has happened to me before i lay down don't move even though i usually do at that urge but mine just stops at the vibrations and it just feels like i,m floating on my bed and all matter (floor nightstand etc. ) in the room is non existent and is simply an illusion

friend code:0001-3483-6829

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:40:10

I've heard of it before and apparently is a common way to achieve a lucid dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:41:49

At 3/23/08 04:35 PM, Gergaloth wrote: Give yourself the stranger.

you sir win epicly

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 21:44:27

on the account of lucid dreams i've only had 1 or 2 and every time some thin good was about to happen i'd realise i was dreaming and wake up i'm guessin my body was smart about not allowing me to get all wrapped up in my dreams forever

friend code:0001-3483-6829

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:15:46

At 3/25/08 09:24 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Altaïr of Assassin's Creed (if I wanted to be anyone during a LD I'd be him, due to an unhealthy obsession with his hidden blade)

Ahahaha... reminds me of all my epic prince of persia-related dreams and my seeming obsession with the quick time rewind. Good times =)

And nice work with the newbie helping =P

Overall, you guys are doing great. I'm REALLY surprised to say the least... You guys seem to have a better success ratio then the guys in the thread over at the dreaming boards =O (When talking about initiating SP, not LDs... XD Success with that doesn't seem to have really flowered yet) LOTS of you seem to have gotten quite far on even your first attempt and I tip my hat off to you for that. Now that it is your second (or even 3rd!) attempt, I wait anxiously for more good news =)

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:29:26

ok this shit otally turned me off of it. If theres anything you can tell me to ease my fears, I might try it, but...god damn I couldn't even watch the whole video!

Best flash of all time. Really.

Operation Falcon Punch

Thanks to Gu-rilla for the awesome sig

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:31:46

also this shit

Operation Falcon Punch

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:41:23

1. Take a look at every single person who has had an experience in this thread. Every single one immediatly went to try to do it again or is going to try it again tonight. It's like riding a roller coaster. It's often scary and shit but in the end you're like "Fuck, that was fun."

2. There are many LD induction techniques that skip over SP. Any DILD or quick WILD such as DEILD or VILD(My personnel lover =P) Won't enter you into SP. Choose your flavor.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:45:02

At 3/26/08 11:41 PM, Arby wrote: 1. Take a look at every single person who has had an experience in this thread. Every single one immediatly went to try to do it again or is going to try it again tonight. It's like riding a roller coaster. It's often scary and shit but in the end you're like "Fuck, that was fun."

2. There are many LD induction techniques that skip over SP. Any DILD or quick WILD such as DEILD or VILD(My personnel lover =P) Won't enter you into SP. Choose your flavor.

Watching these videos makes me not even want to go to sleep at all. The comments say people never experienced until one night and now I just know it'll happen to me.

Operation Falcon Punch

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-26 23:45:06

Oh cool i'll try this when I sleep tonight but I have a question. How do you wake yourself from the sleep paralysis and if you open your eyes during it will it stop or continue? Sounds like it's fun but scary at the same time. . . . i'm all for the thrill! ;)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 00:01:02

This seems really freaky :/ lol
I'm too scared to try it!

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 00:03:27

I tried it last night, and my body started pulsating in weird places like in the middle of my leg, but then I screwed up by moving my arm, and thats when the whole thing fell apart. I may try again tonight.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 00:36:12

Actually I have a few more questions:

1. I seem to have trouble keeping my mouth closed, when I breath through my nose a little gap appears at the front of my lips which makes a squeaking sound every fifth or so breath.

2. Does muscle twitching disrupt the process?

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you supposed to ignore the faint shapes / objects that appear under your eyelids (heard about this in a YouTube video)?

4. Is rapid unintentional eye movement a good sign?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 01:41:16

The thought of "realizing" that an old hag or creepy old lady is sitting on top of me would probably shock me awake, yelling or something. Im definitely willing to try this though, sounds like a non-chemical way to trip out

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 01:46:41

Wouldn't day dreaming be the same i mean, close you eyes and think your doing something?

To increase population of Bala1357 click here

To increase industry of Bala1357 click here.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 04:05:38

wooooo. that was like a fucking new age drug trip.

I DON'T DISCRIMINATE, I JUST HATE YOU ALL... (supreme logic from the supreme being NYA!!!!

MAH BUNGIE.NET PROFILE

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 04:10:04

I tried, I'm too fidgety.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 04:56:10

ok
i tried it and nothing happened i layed there completed still for atleast a half hour and the only thing that happened is that i fell alsleep

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 07:23:28

From Wikipedia:
The wake-initiated lucid dream "occurs when the sleeper enters REM sleep with unbroken self-awareness directly from the waking state".[25] There are many techniques aimed at entering a WILD. The key to these techniques is recognizing the hypnagogic stage, which is within the border of being awake and being asleep. If a person is successful in staying aware while this stage occurs, he or she will eventually enter the dream state while being fully aware that it is a dream.

There are key times at which this state is best entered; while success at normal bedtime after having been awake all day is very difficult, it is relatively easy after sleeping for 3-7 hours or in the afternoon during a nap. Techniques for inducing WILDs abound. Dreamers may count, envision themselves climbing or descending stairs, chant to themselves, explore elaborate, passive sexual fantasies, control their breathing, counting their breaths to keep their thoughts from drifting, concentrate on relaxing their body from their toes to their head, allow images to flow through their "mind's eye" and envision themselves jumping into the image, to maintain concentration and keep their mind awake, while still being calm enough to let their body sleep.

During the actual transition into the dream state, one is likely to experience sleep paralysis, including rapid vibrations,[13] a sequence of loud sounds and a feeling of twirling into another state of body awareness, "to drift off into another dimension". Also there is frequently a sensation of falling rapidly or dropping through the bed as one enters the dream state. After the transition there may be the sensation of entering a dark black room from which one can induce any dream scenario of one's choosing, simply by concentrating on it. The key to success is not to panic, especially during the transition, which can be quite sudden.

I can remember this happening to me, but I always sort of panicked, or for some reason just became too aware of it, and wanted to wake up, so I did. I swear, my eyes were open while I was dreaming.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 07:37:36

At 3/26/08 11:45 PM, Icecry0 wrote: Oh cool i'll try this when I sleep tonight but I have a question. How do you wake yourself from the sleep paralysis and if you open your eyes during it will it stop or continue? Sounds like it's fun but scary at the same time. . . . i'm all for the thrill! ;)

For normal SP, you have to just wait it out but for this, you can move and thus disrupt it.

As for opening eyes, never tried it. I'd imagine that it'd bring you out of it somewhat but i'd also imagine you could probably rebound pretty quickly too.

At 3/27/08 12:36 AM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Actually I have a few more questions:

1. I seem to have trouble keeping my mouth closed, when I breath through my nose a little gap appears at the front of my lips which makes a squeaking sound every fifth or so breath.

2. Does muscle twitching disrupt the process?

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you supposed to ignore the faint shapes / objects that appear under your eyelids (heard about this in a YouTube video)?

4. Is rapid unintentional eye movement a good sign?

1. Tape? =/ no idea

2. Nope, autonomous body twitching is normal and shouldn't usually disrupt it. Trying to prevent a twitch, contradictorily might have a negative impact. The best route, from my experience seems to simply to ignore anything from your body such as twitches or itches.

3. Sure, if you want to. Often those things end up forming a dreamscape but if you read up on another tech, feel free to follow that.

4. Sure, probably.

At 3/27/08 01:46 AM, Bennyboymck wrote: Wouldn't day dreaming be the same i mean, close you eyes and think your doing something?

lol, whens the last time you shat your pants from a daydram? Daydream =/= Lucid dream.

At 3/27/08 02:03 AM, Kerma wrote: Once i dreamed that i was in a control room, controlling what happened to this little guy. Is that lucid dreaming?

Did you know it was a dream?