00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XxarachnidfelinexX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,801 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 18:39:48

I think I did something like that last night, but I moved.

I'll have to try again tonight.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 18:56:05

Sounds like a fun experience.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 19:13:25

I've tried this before when atempting to WILD. I actully failed, then few mins later decided to go to sleep and was entering a lucid dream. Then I woke up.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 19:21:41

I tried it last night i didn't do it for long though,
i saw a flash of colors in my eyes red green and blue and all sorts of colors, but i didn't go far i had to wake up because my dog licked my hand.

"I let my dog lick my bumhole while wanking. You can quote me on that." EvilDog.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 19:40:27

At 3/24/08 07:13 PM, FragPS wrote: I've tried this before when atempting to WILD. I actully failed, then few mins later decided to go to sleep and was entering a lucid dream. Then I woke up.

XD

Life has a sense of irony, doesn't it?

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 19:57:08

Ok I'm goin' to try this since it has no negative effects.

One question tough. If I do that and get bored can I still fall asleep as another option?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 20:18:07

At 3/24/08 07:57 PM, YEAHmix wrote: Ok I'm goin' to try this since it has no negative effects.

One question tough. If I do that and get bored can I still fall asleep as another option?

If you're bored enough, you may even fall asleep accidentally =P Yes. It's the option that most people take when they don't get it first try. (I don't think I even got a very good experience first try =/)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 20:50:49

I Don't Know if i have lucid dreams.. but last night i watched war of the worlds, i went to bed and fell asleep, and in my dreams i was in a war of the worlds situation, i could move where i wanted, and talk. but i also felt like i was a camera too, almost in a video game or movie style situation, but i only get these sometimes. most of the time i am only semi in control.

its only just now i have found out about lucid dreaming and i think im an active lucid dreamer :O

but i'm not sure if i want to try to make it happen.. it sounds scarier, but i may try it tonight..

Aaron4400

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:06:45

I want to, but it says you get an uncomfortable "wave" the puts pressure on you.

And can you wake your body up after you've done it?

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:08:45

Once, when I was little, I had a dream in which I was fully aware of what was going on. However, I couldn't change anything. Also, I think I've had a time where everything was black and I couldn't move, but that was only once. I still don't know if I'm gonna try it...

I might.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:16:04

Are there any techniques to getting into a dream and controlling it?

Because if it is certain that there is a way you can control your dreams, I'M DOING IT.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:18:57

Also, can you breath while doing this? (I mean moving your chest) Because if so, I don't think I can do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:28:20

well, obviously, if you couldnt breathe, how would anyone be able to teach others how to do it? they'd be dead! :P

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:29:03

I just tried it a little while ago. I felt a serge of heat go through my body and felt i was sinking. Very strange. But fun to do.

Hi

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:29:14

At 3/24/08 09:28 PM, MorrowDays wrote: well, obviously, if you couldnt breathe, how would anyone be able to teach others how to do it? they'd be dead! :P

No, like moving your chest up and down.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:35:16

At 3/24/08 09:29 PM, Dekuboy wrote:
At 3/24/08 09:28 PM, MorrowDays wrote: well, obviously, if you couldnt breathe, how would anyone be able to teach others how to do it? they'd be dead! :P
No, like moving your chest up and down.

It's impossible to breath without moving your chest...

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 21:46:44

At 3/24/08 09:06 PM, super-sense wrote: Do you become paralysed? And how long before your mind goes to sleep?

P.S. Hey Arby hows the online game coming along

No, you shouldn't become paralyzed in this version of SP. The reason for the paralysis in normal SP is that the neurotransmitters that control your body shut down during REM. In normal SP, you wake from REM, got no neurotransmitters active and thus paralysis. Here, however they never shut off because you're entering SP from the waking state instead of REM. You can move fine.

For the game: I didn't actually get anywhere for a long time because I said "I'll make my own server backend from scratch." That got me nowhere and recently I slapped myself, started up with smartfox and now I'm actually making progress (took me 1 day and a half after getting the server working till I could get something moving with arrow keys... to an extent =P Network lag KILLS)

At 3/24/08 09:06 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I want to, but it says you get an uncomfortable "wave" the puts pressure on you.

You can wake your body just by moving. You can move because theres no paralysis =)

At 3/24/08 09:16 PM, Dekuboy wrote: Are there any techniques to getting into a dream and controlling it?

Because if it is certain that there is a way you can control your dreams, I'M DOING IT.

Yep, thats lucid dreaming and heres a comprehensive guide to the most common/best techs that we know of =)

At 3/24/08 09:18 PM, Dekuboy wrote: Also, can you breath while doing this? (I mean moving your chest) Because if so, I don't think I can do it.

Yeah, just let breathing become automated. Automated movements are fine. Just don't FORCE any movement. I get twitches in my neck and arms often.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:12:45

At 3/24/08 09:46 PM, Arby wrote:
At 3/24/08 09:06 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I want to, but it says you get an uncomfortable "wave" the puts pressure on you.

You can wake your body just by moving. You can move because theres no paralysis =)

Awesome, that's nice to know... But I feel like I really should check with my health teacher before actually trying... Tell him everything you guys said about it being harmless and stuff..

Also, read this (from wikipedia):

There are key times at which this state is best entered; while success at normal bedtime after having been awake all day is very difficult, it is relatively easy after sleeping for 3-7 hours or in the afternoon during a nap. Techniques for inducing WILDs abound. Dreamers may count, envision themselves climbing or descending stairs, chant to themselves, explore elaborate, passive sexual fantasies, control their breathing, counting their breaths to keep their thoughts from drifting, concentrate on relaxing their body from their toes to their head, allow images to flow through their "mind's eye" and envision themselves jumping into the image, to maintain concentration and keep their mind awake, while still being calm enough to let their body sleep.

:P

Sweeet.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:25:35

So with this technique if I don't like it I can just move to a confortable position and fall asleep regularly?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:40:00

At 3/24/08 10:12 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Awesome, that's nice to know... But I feel like I really should check with my health teacher before actually trying... Tell him everything you guys said about it being harmless and stuff..

I don't know how much help but be sure to post back with his answer =)

Also, read this (from wikipedia):

There are key times at which this state is best entered; while success at normal bedtime after having been awake all day is very difficult, it is relatively easy after sleeping for 3-7 hours or in the afternoon during a nap. Techniques for inducing WILDs abound. Dreamers may count, envision themselves climbing or descending stairs, chant to themselves, explore elaborate, passive sexual fantasies, control their breathing, counting their breaths to keep their thoughts from drifting, concentrate on relaxing their body from their toes to their head, allow images to flow through their "mind's eye" and envision themselves jumping into the image, to maintain concentration and keep their mind awake, while still being calm enough to let their body sleep.

P
Sweeet.

LOL. The sex... always the sex... XD

It's one of the first things every guy tries when they get into a lucid... But you're a girl so thats just hot XD

At 3/24/08 10:25 PM, YEAHmix wrote: So with this technique if I don't like it I can just move to a confortable position and fall asleep regularly?

Well, you should probably be in a comfortable position already or you probably wouldn't have such great success relaxing and not moving. But yeah, feel free to turn over and hit the sack.

On that note, it's time for me to go to bed too. 'Night, sweet dreams =P

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:49:19

Wow That sure was an experience. You'll wonder through-out it when its going to fully take effect and trust me you'll know. After so long your breathing will increase slightly then your heart will kind of speed up. This is when, you'll no longer feel your arms or legs (from how I did it laying on my chest) you'll even see weird stuff under your eye-lids. You'll want to jerk and wake but don't cause it's nothing bad and as long as your calm.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:50:18

I'll let you know how it goes in 20 mins...

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:51:23

Fuck, I'll try it tomorrow.

I'll let you know my hot girlish experiences with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:55:49

Can it stop my heart or maybe hurt me ?

Always friendly - it is Dei

MSN: shinukotodei@hotmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 22:57:59

At 3/24/08 10:55 PM, Dei-Sama wrote: Can it stop my heart or maybe hurt me ?

It's what you do every night when you sleep so I hope not. It's the same as a nap or sleeping your brain is just awake. So it's all normal.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 23:01:43

At 3/24/08 10:55 PM, Dei-Sama wrote: Can it stop my heart or maybe hurt me ?

No, no, no. Not at all. I don't know where people are getting the impression that it is THAT scary. If it could possibly hurt you, I'm sure the original poster would not of broad casted it for everyone to try out.

I'm kind of excited to do it again tonight, hah.
I'm going to get my mother to read the article and then try it herself too.

asdf

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 23:22:20

I would try this but I think that Old Hag thing would freak me out more than the average person.

Best flash of all time. Really.

Operation Falcon Punch

Thanks to Gu-rilla for the awesome sig

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 23:33:54

K, I'm gonna try this in about a half hour, This is how it goes right?

Turn off all things, tv, lights etc.

Get into a good position like I normally go to sleep, or should I go on my back?

Uncomfortable so I probably won't fall asleep but probably feel the heavy feeling? And during this can I just think of stuff? Or should I just trying to clear my mind a bit? That really doesn't help me sleep like a lot of people try but..

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 23:35:55

I have tried so hard to do this a few weeks ago, I have never done druggs but it felt awesome... but then I moved and I came back to earth.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 23:42:09

I did this when i was sick accidently. I had taken nyquil, so my body was pretty much out of it. My mind was still abuzz and it happened. I freaked out and woke up, but i knew what it was.

BBS Signature