00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,802 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 07:46:44

At 3/27/08 07:23 AM, RockLou wrote: From Wikipedia:

Awesome info for people to use =)

I swear, my eyes were open while I was dreaming.

It's funky, eh? =O It's the 3rd "pair of eyes" that most people have never experienced. Theres your normal eyes, your mind's eye and then these which are often referred to as your "dream eyes"

At 3/27/08 07:26 AM, Yamor wrote: I said I was going to try it, then I did and it worked for me... but it hardly took the 20 minutes you said it would. Maybe around 10 minutes at the most.

I can do this in about 2 mins (less if I skip SP with a VILD) but often people just, for whatever reason, can't get relaxed enough to do it quickly and end up taking up to 40 mins =/

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:07:18

Do you guys know about sleep paralysis? It's sort of like this.

There's an old Vietnamese legend that if you wake up unable to move, you have been attacked in your sleep by a demon.

Just something fun to throw at you.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:17:46

Had my second go last night. It was a bit more intense this time as I had my eyes closed the whole time. After about 10 minutes of the vibrations and my heart pounding I saw all these colours swirling around. I swear I saw a rainbow at one point.

I think I almost had an LD because in my head (maybe a dream?) I fired a gun with my right arm and I actually felt something in my arm when I did it. When I woke up this morning though I felt really weird and my Nan said I looked really pale :/

I want to have a proper one though so could I have a few pointers on what to do when I'm nearly there please?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:18:40

sounds fucking awesome :D

i'm gonna try that tonight

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:35:06

At 3/27/08 08:18 AM, tally1989 wrote: sounds fucking awesome :D

Once you get to the colours bit it can get pretty trippy. You've just got to remember that nothing can hurt you and you'll be fine. Have fun :)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:38:30

At 3/27/08 08:35 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/27/08 08:18 AM, tally1989 wrote: sounds fucking awesome :D

Once you get to the colours bit it can get pretty trippy. You've just got to remember that nothing can hurt you and you'll be fine. Have fun :)

i did it and it was scary as hell

http://eggfriedriece.blogspot.com/ http://twitter.com/EggfriedRiece Memes and SC2 Pro gaming posts and news! http://24a69c21.deb.gs <-- Free bangbros Usernames and P/ws

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 08:40:42

I still can´t get it to work.. The swallowing is the only thing that´s stopping me, and the head tilting isn´t doing anything.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 09:57:17

At 3/27/08 09:55 AM, Murad136 wrote: It worked. Score! Woo man, guys ... that felt weird! It was hard to fall asleep after and yet so easy!

Care to elaborate on your experience?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 09:58:32

I heard that someone had done this before and they hallucinated that there was a witch on a rocking chair beside her bed just looking at her.

That's some pretty fucked up shit if you ask me.

kiss my ass!

im an attention whore DUR!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 12:40:35

I would like to try, but I just wanted to ask something before I do, do I understamd it right, and you don't get the old hag syndrome, or did I misunderstand this? And what is a VILD?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:25:54

At 3/26/08 11:29 PM, LilBlueGardenKnome wrote: ok this shit otally turned me off of it. If theres anything you can tell me to ease my fears, I might try it, but...god damn I couldn't even watch the whole video!

that is not the same as what this thread is about, as far as I know. This is the opposite of sleep paralysis, or "Old Hag Syndrom" In SP, it's when your already totally asleep and your mind paralyses your body so you dont act out your dream. (when this fails, I believe you get sleep walking :P) Now this is when you trick your body to go to sleep before your mind does. if you don't like it, then just move a little and It should stop; so theres noting to be afraid of. :)

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:27:54

At 3/27/08 09:58 AM, Puzzled wrote: I heard that someone had done this before and they hallucinated that there was a witch on a rocking chair beside her bed just looking at her.

That's some pretty fucked up shit if you ask me.

Lol, I'm gonna see if that happens tonight with me.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:29:13

I tried it and it take you much longer to fall asleep

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:29:15

At 3/27/08 04:56 AM, XXdarkAssassinzXX wrote: ok
i tried it and nothing happened i layed there completed still for atleast a half hour and the only thing that happened is that i fell alsleep

yeah, me too. I keep swallowing and my eye moves around a little but I cant get it to work. Any suggestions?

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:30:14

Cool, I've done this before, but I wasn't aware it was a phenomenon of sorts. Once a semester, my gym class goes into the gymnastics room to have mental relaxation. We pretty much do exactly what the instructions say.

Mine aren't too special. I just feel numb and sometimes my arms and feet shake slightly. I usually black out after a while though. Fun stuff.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 13:31:53

At 3/27/08 12:40 PM, PuddleofMud wrote: I would like to try, but I just wanted to ask something before I do, do I understamd it right, and you don't get the old hag syndrome, or did I misunderstand this? And what is a VILD?

ummmm, I am almost positive you don't get Old hag syndrome, if I knew you could, I wouldnt try this shit myself. Ummm, no idea what VILD means. It might mean Vivid something Lucid Dream, but that might be wrong; just a guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 15:34:28

At 3/27/08 01:31 PM, C-Doodlez-Man wrote:
At 3/27/08 12:40 PM, PuddleofMud wrote: I would like to try, but I just wanted to ask something before I do, do I understamd it right, and you don't get the old hag syndrome, or did I misunderstand this? And what is a VILD?
ummmm, I am almost positive you don't get Old hag syndrome, if I knew you could, I wouldnt try this shit myself. Ummm, no idea what VILD means. It might mean Vivid something Lucid Dream, but that might be wrong; just a guess.

Ah, thanks, that's relieving..
I searched it up, a VILD is a way to get an LD by focusing on your dream, keeping the exact place and moment in your mind, and keep it in our mind, and then you should after a few moments do a reality check (check if you are in a dream or not) and if everything went right you are in your dream place...

And, you don't get SP ..

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 16:05:09

At 3/27/08 03:34 PM, PuddleofMud wrote:
Ah, thanks, that's relieving..
I searched it up, a VILD is a way to get an LD by focusing on your dream, keeping the exact place and moment in your mind, and keep it in our mind, and then you should after a few moments do a reality check (check if you are in a dream or not) and if everything went right you are in your dream place...

And, you don't get SP ..

There are 2 types techs that can be called "VILD" (Visually Incubated Lucid Dream) The first is as described above. The second, also referred to often as "V-WILD" (Visual WILD) involves creating a dreamscape with visualization and the five senses. Being a tech that is reliant on the ability to visualize and work towards the feeling of a lucid dream, it is not recommended to try and get your first LD with. Also, the 2 variations overlap almost entirely. The only difference being what you do after visualizing your scenario =O

I love it alot because instead of relying mainly on dumb luck, it relies on your visualization ability (something I developed naturally). The only satisfactory tut on the subject is written by yours truly =P

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 16:06:41

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 16:11:26

I did this before and I didn't like the feel of it. My legs get all tinkly and stuff, I've never really hallucinated and I thin kthat's a bunch of BS.

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 16:46:23

had 2 stop when just started getting seriously pins and needles and felt fucking sick afterwards! IF YOU ARE GONNA STOP DONT DO IT DURING PINS AND NEEDLES PHASE

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 16:48:57

Hi thar Arby!
I need some help..
I'm stuck after the point where my body is trying to move me, at the point where it becomes realy heavy. At that point I'm not able to see anything, not even a little shape.
I heard that some bunch of shapes are the beginning of your trance, and I don't know how to get those shapes.

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 18:30:02

Wow I just tried it today but I don't think I got the whole effect. This is what happend:

-laid on my stomach with my face pointed toward the left of my room.
-wierd tingling sensations
-twitching (like my arm twitched, thigh twitched, and even my right butt cheek wtf lol)
-Weight going all over my body
-HUGE weight on my chest. I had to breath a bit faster than usual or else I would've panicked and opened my eyes.
-Overall numbness throughout my body
- Suddenly a wierd image of a ugly witch(or bitch I dunno) appeared in my mind and it felt like electricity went ALL OVER my body. I also heard a wierd ringing noise in my ear after the effect.
-Witch appeared again except the effect was less powerful.
-My mouth was filling with saliva so some how my throat AUTOMATICLY swallowed making me lose the effect. So I opened my eyes and checked the clock.

I started at 3:12am and it was 3:58am! My body was also still in the numbing effect and my right arm was aching.

I decided to try again and this is what happend:

-lay with my stomach on the bed with my face pointed to the Right of my room.
-Tingling sensations
- Weight all over my body
-This time the weight was easier on my chest
-Nothing

After about 20 minutes of nothing I decided to open my eyes again and look at the clock.

I started at 4:02am and it was 4:58am.

Wowza. I guess from this you could do it only once per night? Also here are some things that might've messed me up during the paraylsis:

-Noises (heater going on and off, dogs barking outstide, cats fighting,)
- My eyelids sometimes went partially open for about a fraction of a second
-My nose was itchy, and i'm guessing thats from dust and not the paraylsis?
- I did not move at all however though during the numbing phase my head seemed to sink into my pillow
-The *electricty* I felt that went all over my body might have waken my body up?

Overall I thought it was pretty interesting and i'm going to try it again tonight. I woke up late today because I was so tired of experimenting. . . *yawn*. But in my dreams I had that night they were more vivid than usual. But they weren't lucid dreams I think.

Thanks, i'll report my happenings tommorow after I do it again ;)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 18:53:33

I'm confused, I might have entered some LD, I'm not sure. Basically, I'd been waiting for a while when the blackness started, waited longer. Then I started to see green that stayed there, not glow over like a wave. I concentrated hard on it and soon it got bigger and bigger revealing what was in front of my closed eyes... I was like WTF. I saw everything in front of me but bright green, got freaked out and jumped up.

How is that possible?!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 18:57:49

I'm so trying that tonight.

hi

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-27 19:03:03

wow dude that happend to me a year ago. im not lying i was just lying there reading a book and my body just felt like it was waves. it started at my head and moved to my feet. i scared me but it felt good in a weird way. now i know about it.

one by one death comes to us. death is something that one must not stop nor control. it comes when it comes and it will not stop. death has my life and i am ready for it

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 07:11:29

I've tried it a bunch of times now, lol. I don't really feel a HUGE urge to move, it just doesn't happen, for like an hour, then I just fall asleep.

xD

Shrug Island - A hand drawn musical adventure game <3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 08:47:33

When I went to sleep last night, I had the intention of doing this. No dice.

I laid on my back, and fell silent as I closed my eyes. I had never brushed my hair from my face, and after I started I didn't want to start again. My nose was itchy until my body fell asleep.

I laid there, and my mind felt so powerful. My thoughts were in a whole new caliber. It was like I was in my thoughts, not even aware I was sleeping until my mind changed topics. I knew I wasn't dreaming though, because then I could think about what was going on around my body, that I was sleeping, and that nothing great was happening.

It was not like a dream in the way it was like reality, but it was like instead of recalling an event in general, I had revisited that event in a weird, vague, sort of half thought.

After a few of these weird thoughts, I found my self in Vertigo. I thought I was moving, but when I would think about the movement, I found I was just laying still.

It was sort of amazing in itself, but I don't feel that it was good enough. I didn't see cool vivid colors. I didn't hallucinate in the way I had imagined. And that's why I'm trying again tonight.

I'll have all the time in the world tonight, because it's Friday and I don't do shit on the weekends.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 11:35:52

At 3/24/08 10:45 AM, Arby wrote: Dream recall- very important if you're interested in this at all. Whats the point of having awesome dreams if you can't remember them when you wake up? In fact, many people conjecture that pretty much everyone's been lucid before- they just forgot about it by the time they woke up. You have ALOT of dreams you don't remember. If you have a "night with no dreams" It's more likely that you just don't remember them.

Oh I am very interested in this kind stuff! I am really into this stuff :) Any more information about this?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 15:31:21

Another good way of stopping the swallowing reflex is to just allow yourself to dribble everywhere. You may look like a retard but it really helps.