00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,804 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-04 15:51:57

that sounds ridiculous

ill blam u till i see ur skeleton joking!

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-04 16:02:20

I've tried LDs, but It takes ages for me to fall asleep, so it doesn't really work. Apparently everybody has about 3-4 dreams a night, and if you try to record every one(e.g. on paper) you have you can have loads of them. It's called Dream Recall, I think.

There's a good wikibook on it:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dream ing

I heard you can have sex in dreams too, which has been tried a lot.

In Soviet KKK, cross burn YOU!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-04 16:03:23

Sounds interesting... I have a few questions, though.
1. Can you will yourself out of this state?
2. Can your mind fall asleep after this?

Drag0nSnak3© wuz here... that means me!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-29 12:16:11

At 5/29/08 10:29 PM, Harmonik wrote: I do this almost every night that I sleep. Not on purpose either. It's cool the first few times, but it gets scary when you actually see a person come in and tell you that he's going to take out your small intestine and sell it. Severe hypnagogic and hypnopompic sleep paralysis sucks.

XD

Sounds epic to me =P

At 5/29/08 10:50 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Man I'm so scared to try this. Does this, by any chance include nausea?

Nope, if you decide to get up right after it you'll probably feel more refreshed in your head and in your body.

At 5/29/08 11:33 PM, evilfluffmonger wrote: So, like, what happens? Do you wake up eventually or something? I dont get it.. are you like awake the entire time? Does your body technically get rest? I'd love to try this but I need rest for tommorrow, so do you technically get sleep?

Most often you'll just slip into non-lucid sleep and then wake up like normal in the morning. Otherwise you might wake up then decide to go to sleep or try again. Usually the effects don't last very long although it will feel much longer. (you feel like you've been doing/seeing crazy stuff for a few hours but look over at your clock and 15 minutes have passed) You'll get a good night's rest minus perhaps a half-hour lead in with this. Prolonging this all night wouldn't be healthy however, You need proper REM sleep to refresh neuro-transmitters in your brain.

At 6/4/08 04:03 PM, Drag0nSnak3 wrote: Sounds interesting... I have a few questions, though.
1. Can you will yourself out of this state?
2. Can your mind fall asleep after this?

1. Yes, by moving or otherwise forcing yourself to wake up.
2. You'll have a hard time stopping it =P You'll normally slip into non-lucid sleep if you don't wake up.

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-07-31 03:06:21

This thread must return!

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-07-31 03:10:31

Bookmarked this thread. Why? I have no idea.

I'm trying to get into lucid dreaming, but I might try this tonight.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-07-31 03:10:41

At 7/31/08 03:06 AM, WtfAwesome wrote: This thread must return!

Amazing. I actually searched for this thread the other night, and was secretly hoping for someone to bump it.

asdf

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-07-31 04:19:39

At 3/23/08 05:19 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: You're not supposed to tamper with your body's sleep cycles.

You're not supposed to tamper with what god wants.

But hey, looks like you don't care.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 04:40:02

I tried it last night but couldn't quite get it. My body did feel really weird. Like my legs felt isolated from the rest of my body but at the same time felt like they weighed a ton. My hips started to cramp and I got pretty sweaty so I couldn't fall asleep. So I just gave up and went to sleep normally.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 04:49:55

I'm trying this now, fucking awesome stuff you found, apparently you get to control what you dream, also remember not to move your eyes! I'll be back in about half an hour with results.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 05:20:19

Amazing, I went into it completely relaxed then later I started noticing my palms were tingling, then later I saw faces in my ceiling and some vampire thing which I remember shitting me up and then I started tearing up and then room began to change colours and faces appeared man that is amazing, then I just moved my head up to come out of it and everything became normal like and it was just like I woke up, I'm doing this again tonight, sweet stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 05:59:58

At 3/23/08 07:24 PM, RicardoJr99 wrote: if i wanna see shit i just close my eyes and push my fingers into them
you see lots of weird shit and it dosent take ages

Yeh thats what I do all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 06:50:41

It's almost 5am, and my body is dead tired. If any time would be best for this to work, it'd be now. I have NEVER been able to LD and it PISSES me off! They sound so badass...... :-(

I'll do what you said, and report back tomorrow.......er........later today. Wish me luck!

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 06:51:17

Sounds creepy. What the happens if you can't get out of it?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 07:03:16

Getting in is the hard bit getting out is ridiculously easy, if you want to know when your LD' ing write a word on your hand and check it every 20 mins or so until it is habit, then if you check your hand and it says something different your ld'ing but you get out of so fuckin' easy it is annoying because LD dreams are the SHIT!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 07:53:31

i did that on accident before
and it was just horrorfying
i tried to scream but i chouldnt and i was praying i whould wake up soon
as soon as i did i started to cry

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 08:01:43

You're not doing it until you feel like a huge LITERAL wave come over you and you become numb.

Really, guys, this is nothing and by the way you remain conscious.

You guys are acting like this is fucking meth or somthing.

my account got deleted :<

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 19:58:17

It didn't really work for me.......dammit. I"ll try again tonight. *shrugs*

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 20:09:58

what happens if u do this and get a bonner? i mean it can't be called morning wood....WHAT IS IT!?!?! lol na i tired it and i went passed the whole urge think then i felt very heavy and i was stuck laying on my floor for about 10 mins not able to speak or anything but fully awake creppy

Caps Lock on: FEEL MY FURY!!!!

\/ made by azteca89 \/need a voice actor? check here!

funnist locked forum ever!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 20:13:23

At 8/1/08 05:20 AM, Obvious-M wrote: Amazing, I went into it completely relaxed then later I started noticing my palms were tingling, then later I saw faces in my ceiling and some vampire thing which I remember shitting me up and then I started tearing up and then room began to change colours and faces appeared man that is amazing, then I just moved my head up to come out of it and everything became normal like and it was just like I woke up, I'm doing this again tonight, sweet stuff!

are you sure that was not just the mushrooms......WELL!!!!! WAS IT!? or was it the LSD?! dam 84% of this is a quote so i have to type in some random crap before i can post it ah there we go ^_^

Caps Lock on: FEEL MY FURY!!!!

\/ made by azteca89 \/need a voice actor? check here!

funnist locked forum ever!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 20:29:33

I still keep failing miserably at it.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 20:38:12

That's freaky. I don't think I'll ever do it again...

And BTW, I'm watching planet of the apes right now and the lady one looks like michael jackson.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-01 20:45:33

this has happened to me for years and it terrified me

thx for the info

[FAQs] [Best Lock Ever] [EPIC LULZ] [Incest]

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-05 19:13:56

Vikoden works just as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-06 01:47:26

I just tried this about 10 minutes ago, and idk if it really happened or if it was just a placebo effect because I was excited for it to happen, but my back and head got really hot, parts of my body felt tingly like I was sitting on them, and it felt like a cat or something was walking up my body. it was kinda odd.
The whole time it felt like someone was rocking my bed back and forth really fast, so the sense of balance and laying flat went away.

I'm only skeptical because it took no time, and I'm anticipating it so much

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-06 02:03:48

i tried it but, because i have neck problems (got hit in the back of my neck with a baseball bat) i couldnt keep my head still for any longer then a couple of minutes...o well...

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-08 10:11:07

I tried this some days ago when I went to sleep. It worked the first time I tried it, my attempts after that failed. I was worried that I couldn't really lay still because of my breathing, but it worked. Afterall you breath when you sleep.

First my body felt tingely, but I didn't have an urge to move. It was as if something scanned my body to see if it was asleep, starting with my legs, then arms. I remember I had a huge urge to swallow my saliva but I didn't. In the end the "bodyscan" seemed to go to my eyes. Then suddenly I felt a strange sensation in my head, shortly followed by some kaleidoscope-like patterns. It all suddenly stopped after a few seconds. I guess I moved.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-30 22:51:32

At 7/31/08 03:06 AM, WtfAwesome wrote: This thread must return!

Yes, yes it must. It shall be immortal.... till it dies =P

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-30 22:57:33

Sounds awesome, ill give it a go, its 4 am across the pond ykno?

By reading this short sentence you have sucessfully wasted a considerable 3-4 seconds of your time. You stupid fuck

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-08-30 23:08:47

Im trying this in about 20 minutes...

been a long day and im tired, might work if i can acually not go to sleep.

Ill post results if its successfull, im always trying to reach some natural highs and seems this might be another one.