00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,789 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 15:51:56

Just a few questions
1) can you "forget" your aware your dreaming?
2) Can you wake up at any point?
3) Does the way you lie have any effect, on your back for example might be able to achieve this effect

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 19:00:05

At 3/28/08 03:51 PM, fuzz wrote: Just a few questions
1) can you "forget" your aware your dreaming?
2) Can you wake up at any point?
3) Does the way you lie have any effect, on your back for example might be able to achieve this effect

1. Yeah. I thought I was talking to a friend.
2. Yeah but it took some concentration and remembering I was laying in bed.
3.I laid on my back and it was okay.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-28 22:25:17

I might try it tonight I hope I don't get that Old Hag thing.
I think I've seen it before like I was resting on my bed and then I suddenly see a dark figure at the edge of my bed coming closer and pulling me and I couldn't wake up or move. Yeah...it was really scary. :/

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-29 00:50:16

Man this is so hard to do for me. I tried twice now, and I think I'm just beginning to get lucid dreams. I close my eyes, stay still for like, 45 minutes, then enormous pressure on my entire body begins. That's when I was thinking to myself, "I hope I'm doing this right, or I'm gonna waste time sleeping." I eventually waited for an hour. Suddenly, it felt like an orgasm and the darkness turned into a lime green color. Then it was over.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-29 04:12:15

Well, I tried it two days ago, and I lay still for like half an hour and nothing happened (I think I moved a few times, that's my guess) so I opened my eyes, and everything felt really... like fuzzy, I have no other way to describe it, it was so weird... Next time I'm gonna try to really lay still.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-29 04:24:32

Dude no way am i doing that!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-29 14:49:11

Yeah I tried it last night and it was pretty weird. I don't think I went all the way though. So I layed in my bed for like 5 minutes or 10 and started getting itchy and I ignored it then later my eye started to like move really quickly. I think it was that rapid eye movement thing. It was really freaky. And yeah I felt the pressure on my body and tingling in my feet and hands lol. Then I opened my eyes because I kept see a face D:

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-30 05:58:51

Im gonna try this within 2 hours.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-30 14:19:43

At 3/27/08 04:48 PM, Play2jens wrote: Hi thar Arby!
I need some help..
I'm stuck after the point where my body is trying to move me, at the point where it becomes realy heavy. At that point I'm not able to see anything, not even a little shape.
I heard that some bunch of shapes are the beginning of your trance, and I don't know how to get those shapes.

HI imagery doesn't happen to everyone =O To tell you the truth, I don't "know how to get the shapes" either

At 3/27/08 06:53 PM, crushy wrote: I'm confused, I might have entered some LD, I'm not sure. Basically, I'd been waiting for a while when the blackness started, waited longer. Then I started to see green that stayed there, not glow over like a wave. I concentrated hard on it and soon it got bigger and bigger revealing what was in front of my closed eyes... I was like WTF. I saw everything in front of me but bright green, got freaked out and jumped up.

How is that possible?!

Tis the magic of your mind =P

At 3/28/08 11:35 AM, UnknownFear wrote:
At 3/24/08 10:45 AM, Arby wrote:
Oh I am very interested in this kind stuff! I am really into this stuff :) Any more information about this?

I'm not much of an expert on the subject but a search -anywhere- of "dream recall" will yield results.

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-30 15:01:37

So this is like taking drugs with no side affects?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-30 22:40:00

At 3/30/08 03:01 PM, DrJam wrote: So this is like taking drugs with no side affects?

And instead of being a "stupid junkie" you're a deep "believer in dreams" and "spiritual enlightenment" =P

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-30 22:48:04

Sweet that is awsome to do, now I just need one of those sleeping blindfolds that allow you to have a lucid dream(a dream you can controll).

If i had that this woulden't happen.

Pro:What! This is madness!! Noob:madness? No,THIS IS NOOBIA!!*pwned*

its about funny cats.

For help, press 1. To learn why I'm standing in your house with a Shotgun, press 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-31 19:56:49

At 3/30/08 10:48 PM, tweekee wrote: Sweet that is awsome to do, now I just need one of those sleeping blindfolds that allow you to have a lucid dream(a dream you can controll).

If i had that this woulden't happen.

The nova dreamers? They're not as amazing as they're cracked up to be.

And it seems this topic has slowed down and will probably be dead soon. =O Ah well, 300 replies is awesome to say the least. Glad to see so many people are indeed interested =)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-31 19:59:28

I tried it last night. I think I got a good position. I lay on my back with my left leg going straight out, my right leg bent out a bit and then in at the knee. My hands were on my upper thigh. I got air throughout my body, so it didn't get too uncomfortable. Then, however, I felt the "Pressure" phase. It was a lot more intense than I thought it would be. This is where I believe I lost it, because I started twitching my fingers and my butt. It was VERY uncomfortable. I wanted to move so badly. I was just wondering. Does super fast heartbeat loose the effect? Because at the "pressure phase", it was so overwhelming and my heart was beating extremely fast. Also, as I mentioned, there was a seemingly uncontrollable twitch that went through my body. How do you avoid these?

I'm trying again, tonight, for sure! Thanks for the info.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-31 20:01:55

So it's like getting high, but cheaper?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-31 20:02:23

And it seems this topic has slowed down and will probably be dead soon. =O Ah well, 300 replies is awesome to say the least. Glad to see so many people are indeed interested =)

you jinxed it :(

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-31 20:14:50

At 3/31/08 07:59 PM, CefyJr wrote: I tried it last night. I think I got a good position. I lay on my back with my left leg going straight out, my right leg bent out a bit and then in at the knee. My hands were on my upper thigh. I got air throughout my body, so it didn't get too uncomfortable. Then, however, I felt the "Pressure" phase. It was a lot more intense than I thought it would be. This is where I believe I lost it, because I started twitching my fingers and my butt. It was VERY uncomfortable. I wanted to move so badly. I was just wondering. Does super fast heartbeat loose the effect? Because at the "pressure phase", it was so overwhelming and my heart was beating extremely fast. Also, as I mentioned, there was a seemingly uncontrollable twitch that went through my body. How do you avoid these?

I'm trying again, tonight, for sure! Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure the fast heartrate and excessive twitches is due mainly due to fear, anxiety and the whole spectrum or stuff. I get infinitely less of it when I go into that phase nice and relaxed.

At 3/31/08 08:02 PM, mariomusicmaker1 wrote:

you jinxed it :(

lulz, jinxed it for more replies or less? XD

At 3/31/08 08:03 PM, Kerma wrote:
At 3/26/08 11:29 PM, LilBlueGardenKnome wrote: ok this shit otally turned me off of it. If theres anything you can tell me to ease my fears, I might try it, but...god damn I couldn't even watch the whole video!
Thanks for ruining my experience, now i will never do this, EVER.

I can see your amazing resolve would have carried you through the technique entirely it you had indeed tried it -_-

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-02 18:28:54

I was actually able to do this during study hall today. I was only able to get 3-4 hours of sleep last night, so I think that made it a little easier. I just put my head down and didn't move for about 3-5 minutes or so, then all of a sudden I felt weird, then I found out I couldn't move my muscles, I heard this ringing sensation and I remembered reading this thread, so I moved my arms around a bit and was able to regain control and wake up. I still feel a little weird from that too. Might try it again sometime, but I'm gonna try and get farther with it.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-02 18:30:05

I think I've experienced one or two of these before. I guess I'll try it this Friday night.

"Placing an almost grand story in the description and then giving us a lame random gif image to an equally random song is like beautifully gift wrapping a pile of dung"

Kaisar

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-02 19:05:56

I have narcolepsy (it isn't that bad yet, it's a progressive disease and I've just recently been noticing some symptoms), so something kinda like that happens to me against my will. It's called sleep paralysis. What happens is this: Narcolepsy is a sleeping disorder; it makes you switch between different levels of sleep (stage 1, 2, 3, 4, and REM sleep) pretty much sporadically. The normal cycle that most people follow when they sleep is stage 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then REM (the state of sleep in which you experience dreams), then 4, 3, 2, 1, and then you wake up (assuming you aren't using an alarm to wake you up, as this interrupts your sleep.) But with narcolepsy, as I said before, you go from stage 1 to 3 to REM to 2, etcetera (it's pretty much random.) Now, what happens when you experience sleep paralysis is that your brain thinks it's asleep before you're actually asleep, and it goes into REM sleep. What makes this scary is that, as you all know, you're brain paralyzes your body while you sleep, so you don't act out your dreams and such, and so when your brain goes into REM sleep, you become paralyzed (keep in mind that while this is happening you remain fully aware of the fact that you're still awake and also of everything that's around you) and you start to dream (I guess it would be considered hallucinations, since you're still awake.) That may not sound too scary, but what happens most of the time when you experience sleep paralysis is that you one, feel like there's a heavy weight on your chest, or in other words have a very hard time breathing; and two, you feel a very strong presence, like there's someone standing next to you, and most of the time this presence almost feels evil. Those two things, accompanied by the hallucinations and the fact that you can't move (you do retain limited control of your eyes) make for an extremely terrifying experience. You just start to panic (at least I do) because you feel like there's an immediate threat against you but you can't move. I've read that these episodes can last up to minutes (each second feels incredibly long), but it's only ever lasted around maybe 30 seconds for me.

Phew, that took a little while to type, lol. Sorry for such a long post, but it's kinda hard to fully explain without going into detail.

TL;DR:
1. I experience sleep paralysis.
2. SP is when your brain falls asleep before you do and you become paralyzed (just like you do when you actually fall asleep) and you start to hallucinate.
3. Episodes of SP are often characterized by shortness of breath, a feeling like there's someone or something in the room with you, and most people who experience SP often describe it as being extremely terrifying.

Oh, and a little FYI: night terrors, for the most part, are a form of sleep paralysis (well, I'm pretty sure they are, at least)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-02 19:49:05

I tried this one night, but I had class the next day and it was late.

So I lay there in my bed, completely dark. My body is in a comfortable position so that I won't need to get comfortable later. I layed there in the same position for like 30mins, the problem I had was that 2 muscles kept twitching. 1 was in my back, the other on my forearm. They didn't make me move, but I think the twitching made it so the thing didn't work. After the 30mins I gave up and went to bed.

Has anyone slept all night, then feel as if you never closed your eyes? Not like dry eye, but as if you just had been sitting there looking at the ceiling for a short period of time waiting for sleep, only to find morning has come.

"Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body. It's dirty, obscene, not publicly performed " - Shalashaska-1

ZombieCrew SurvivalRP Siggy by Thimbles

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-02 19:53:44

Oops, sorry I forgot to tell you that I'm on Spring Break and have been feeling increasingly tired. So tonight I'm going to stay up as late as possible, then I'll try to do it again.

What do you think of taking a shower before doing this? Would relaxing the body improve the chances of it working? I think it would since your body wants to go to sleep.

"Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body. It's dirty, obscene, not publicly performed " - Shalashaska-1

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-03 14:39:15

Can you move your eyes, while having them closed, or is that also not ok?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-03 16:31:11

I read about this topic yesterday and was pretty freaked out about The Old Hag and the Lord of the Flies style shit i read on the website so i decided to try it this morning (not very dark and part of REM cycle).

every morning i get up at 645-700 depending on if i shower, so i didn't shower today and after i ate breakfast it was like 7:20 so i went back to bed until 8:00, i decided to try this "trippy dream thing" and i found a comfortable position and did not move once 10-15 min into it things got wierd, i was just thinking when does the pressure come and then i felt it in my back and it seemed like somone was rubbing me there then it moved up into my head and it was a weird fealing like orgasm/yawn pressure.

I then felt like i was hoisted upside down and then turned sideways floating, i must have done something because then i awoke. i am defiantly trying it again but i dont want to do it at night because im scared of scary shit happening.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-03 16:39:44

Got any secrets to make you sleep less?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-03 17:07:18

So last night I tried this once more (and will try once again tonight) after taking a nice, hot, relaxing shower. I lay in bed in almost complete darkness with my eyes closed for some amount of time (which I didn't know as my eyes were closed) until I started feeling this pessure. The pressure started on my arms and torso, then after a while took ove my legs and feet. I started beathing harder (as I'd been breathing as if I were asleep for this entire time) bu forced my breathing to slow, figuring it would break the illusion.

Then the back of my head started vibrating, as if the blood was pumping extremely fast, but I didn't feel excited or anything so I figured it was the sleep thing. After the vibrating stopped, or at least settled down, I lay with my eyes still closed, waiting for whatever this "freaky shit" is to happen, but nothing did. So I opened my eyes thinking maybe I needed them open. The vibration emidiatly returned.

That was about all that happened, but still fun, I'll try once more after some researching.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-04-12 15:28:21

At 4/3/08 04:39 PM, supersketcher wrote: Got any secrets to make you sleep less?

Now why would you want to do that?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-05-29 22:29:27

I do this almost every night that I sleep. Not on purpose either. It's cool the first few times, but it gets scary when you actually see a person come in and tell you that he's going to take out your small intestine and sell it. Severe hypnagogic and hypnopompic sleep paralysis sucks.

Turn left

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-04 15:28:02

yea it felt like i had a body high, but i always couldve been having a flashback idn cauz it was a few hours after i had come down

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-06-04 15:47:49

i'm guna try that tonight..