00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,790 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-26 23:19:49

bump

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 05:58:37

i opened my eyes when the strong urge to move started, i looked down and i was shaking. Then time seemed to suddenly speed up. Everything was moving at an incredible speed(almost like time was sped up)
after about 5 minutes in my time (3 hours) time slowed back down and i feel rejuvinated.
But my hnds are still shaking

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 06:22:32

Do you like, smoke weed?

http://www.neobux.com/?r=Ezikeil85

Please signup under me. It's win-win, you earn, I earn. Finally something to pay for all your "special" internet needs.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 06:32:11

At 11/27/08 06:22 AM, Reckon wrote: Do you like, smoke weed?

Nope. I've been clean my whole life.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 06:52:05

I can only remember this happening to me once, but I remember it very vividly.

I was about 13 or so, and after staying awake all night around 9am the next morning I was laying in bed watching The Matrix and felt like I was falling asleep. I had a football game the night before so my body was very tired, but I was wired from being up for so long. Suddenly I felt almost as if I was falling asleep, only I kept hearing the movie playing. I went to open my eyes and found that I couldn't, and panicked. I couldn't move any part of my body, and although I was breathing I couldn't even control my lungs (the rate at which I was breathing, I mean). It felt like a long time lying there, and after thrashing about in my mind for a while I jerked myself up and my body worked again.

At the time, it was horrifying, but now that I know it can be induced, I'm tempted to try it again...

AWWW HELL YEEAAAAAH

My signature used to fit and now I'm too lazy to change it :(

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 07:01:37

Been a while since I've seen this thread. I gave this a go a few times but gave up because I couldn't achieve an LD. All the stuff before that is awesome though, the sudden weight on your torso is my favourite bit. Just remember that nothing can hurt you and you just have to move to get out of it.

Everyone should have a go at this, unless your a wuss of course

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 07:02:38

Brb, trying this right now.

D

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 07:36:43

I tried this but it didn't work, I'll have to try it again in the moring or something, I'll tell you if it works.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 09:59:54

So this is how it went down.

ATTEMPT 1
I was laying there on my back for a while, I felt a dumbness in my middle toe on my left foot, but that only lasted a few minutes and went away.
Then it felt this pressure that was on my shoulder blades, and it felt like someone was stabbing two acupuncture needles into my forehead.
Because I kept thinking about it my heat rate was pretty fast so I ended up twitching on accident and ruining it.

ATTEMPT 2
I rolled on my side and gave that a go, and ended up felling asleep.

ATTEMPT 3
I awoke several hours later and tried doing it on my stomach, breathing made it impossible for me to be still so it didn't work.

So on your back is defiantly the way to go, i'll give it another shot later.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 10:37:18

i wil need it cause i drink too much coffee on the night and coca-cola

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 11:01:55

So you're supposed to keep your eyes open throughout this without moving them or blinking, right?
If I closed them I'd fall asleep....

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 11:06:38

At 11/27/08 11:01 AM, bahamalama wrote: So you're supposed to keep your eyes open throughout this without moving them or blinking, right?

Just try to stay focused on something, don't let your mind go.
I've done this multiple times, it's quite fun :)

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 11:36:51

I just sit there for like 5 munites before my eyes start to open themselves---- then they hurt and I have to blink.

"Spend all night with him, youll wind up with a sore ass. Spend all night with me and youll wind up with a smart ass - Jedi's Groucho Ma impression"

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 22:38:05

I've actually experienced the first part of this many, many times before. Such as the rocking back and forth, feeling as though I'm falling, seeing colors/swirling things beneath my eyelids
actually, the swiriling things happens almost every night to me.
I must just drift off to sleep before anything happens. Well, now I know about it....I'll just stay awake this time. not too hard, right?

Also, I think I might have a slight advantage for the LD as well (Still surprised no one's made a crack about how adding a C=LCD....) A few sites state that being able to remember your dreams helps with Lucid Dreaming, and I can remember almost all of mine, although they've always been few and far between. I actually remember most of them quite vividly.

On an ending note, I've LD'd before. When I was young....like 5 or 6. Or somewhere around there. My brother had an obsession with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Knuckles for the Genesis. For some inexplicitly AKWARD AS HELL reason, I was pretrified of the damn screaming sega sign. I'd had two nightmares about the stupid thing before, each of which ended up in my death, I woke up in a cold sweat with my back arched, a strange feeling in my spine. Then, I had another nightmare....which I remember clearly. I'd woken up in the middle of the night, and the T.V. in my room was turned on. I looked at it for a moment, the sega beneath it switched on, and the sega screen didn't pop up. The SEGAAAA thing came on, but the screen was all grainy, and all sorts of colors, the sega scream grew louder, and suddenly the thing came flying out of the T.V...Well, this must have snapped me out of it, I suddenly knew I was in a dream. The thing dropped to the ground and I walked over to it. It dissappeared. Never had the nightmare again.

After typing that, I feel embarrassed and ponder whether or not submitting this to newgrounds is a bright idea. Oh well, no need to start become a person who thinks about their actions now, I'ma hit the post it button.

I will tell everyone what my experience with this was tomorrow.

.......Akwardly enough, I would laugh when the giraffes in the Ren And Stimpy game's eyes grew red, their teeth long and pointed with blood on them, and tore the player to shred. Why was I afraid of a freakin SEGA symbol....

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-27 23:01:28

I just wait for the lucky nights where I can do whatever I want in my dreams.
Then the real fun shit starts :D

Ill make a picture to go here later.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 00:28:56

At 11/27/08 11:01 AM, bahamalama wrote: So you're supposed to keep your eyes open throughout this without moving them or blinking, right?

Ugh, no. That'd dry them out in a jiffy. Keep them closed but just don't fall asleep.

carbonwater, yea back is certainly the best way to go.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 00:30:18

I heard this makes your dick shrink.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 00:31:53

At 11/28/08 12:30 AM, LTmatt wrote: I heard this makes your dick shrink.

Shhh, don't tell them about it! =P

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 01:05:00

holy.....shit.....

that was freaking insane.

I've read every page here, but none of it adds up to what actually happens.
Right now my hands are shaking so bad that backspace is my best friends, and my chest muscles seem to be convulsing slightly.

....okay, I forced myself to calm slightly. Still shaking like hell.

So, let me describe this.....with periodic pauses in my typing as to not like....go into energy overload...

Okay. At 12:30 I settled into bed, and flipped on the T.V. (Venture Bros...)I'm writing this at 12:48....it's going to take a while due to my shaking. I laid on my back, with my T.V. set to go off in 50 minutes, and closed my eyes. That got old. So, at around 12:40 I settled on my stomach with my head to the side, thinking it'd be more comfortable.
Wrong. I was like....almost salivating on my hand. I turned onto my right side and turned off the T.V. That did the trick rediculously fast.
Gotta stop shaking. I sound like someone on speed.
there. So it came on really fast. I was at first thinking that it'd be great if I could pull a lucid dream out of this. I just kept following random thought paths, until I realized I was falling asleep, I slowly worked my way out, cautious to remain calm and keep my breathing and heart rate steady/..Shaking again.....done. I was wondering if what was mentioned here was actually true, part of me wanted to believe it so much, the other part was saying "Dude, you're a gullible S.O.B..."..Why am I shaking so bad? Agh....
So yeah, right as I thought that, a low ringing went off in my ears. I stopped my thoughts for a moment. The ringing grew extremely loud, very, very low. All of a sudden, my entire body warmed up like mad (Maybe the shaking is shivering?) And my heart suddenly started hammering. Hard. Like...so hard it began to hurt. I was trying to keep my breathing steady. The burning got more intense, my heart pounded even harder, if possible, and the ringing was extremely loud now. I began to shake. I kinda felt my body leave my mind. It was crazy. My heart was beating so rediculously hard that I gave up breathing calmly, and my breath picked up quick. A strange...I don't know how to describe it....I guess it was like a freezing, boiling, electric spark jolting across my body. My eyes were trying to force open, but I forced them closed. It was so insane. It was becoming unbearable, my heartrate suddenly started slowing. Unfortunately, it ended (Shivering's going away)....I swallowed, which brought me back a bit, a jolt to my mind. This caused my heartrate to suddenly spike up again, and I cringed slightly. I could have gone right back in, but my comforter got wrapped all around my arm somehow, which made me twitch, I fell halfway out of bed. I instantly stumbled into my chair and hit the power button on my computer.

It's taken me fifteen minutes what usually takes 20. That was crazy....and I'm doing it again.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 01:08:27

To the people who can't do this at all, I suggest 'reaching' for the air while attempting to enter the unconscious state. When you fall asleep, your arm should drop, causing a slight tremor that will awaken you, hopefully, up to a subconscious point.

BLU Wins

UNFUNNY TF2 PUN OR SOMETHING HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 01:10:27

Hmm, now that I'm re-reading that, I'm already pondering my sanity at whether or not that happened. I know it did though, although I've stopped shaking.

Isn't it strange how little we actually know about the human body and mind?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 01:40:12

Good to hear you had an awesome experience =D

Yes, we know very little about ourselves. Safe experimentation opens up while new doors, though.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 01:42:14

At 11/28/08 01:40 AM, Arby wrote: Good to hear you had an awesome experience =D

Yes, we know very little about ourselves. Safe experimentation opens up while new doors, though.

I think that's enough for tonight, though. I have all weekend. I'll tell my friends...
Oh wait, I have none.

crap

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 02:05:55

lol ive had that happen to me although it was because i was dead tired and when i tried to move something i barely could it took alot of force and i couldnt breath. hasn't happened to me for about 6 months or more now that im getting sleep lol.

im fluffy O_o

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-28 10:41:12

hmm, so I tried it again this morning after I woke up...

It happened without me wanting it to, as well. I wanted to go back to sleep, and I rolled onto my stomach. Then suddenly came the loud, low tone and I knew what was happening. So I re-did everything like last night, and my heart stopped beating as fast, and my body cooled down.......then nothing. I laid there for a while, unmoving, but nothing happened.I opened my eyes eventually and looked at my clock. It was a half hour after I'd woken up.

Hmm...

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-29 01:24:17

At 11/28/08 10:41 AM, bahamalama wrote: hmm, so I tried it again this morning after I woke up...

It's unpredictable as hell is all that I can say =O

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-29 01:30:21

That is seriously fucking bad ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-29 13:35:50

I have no idea it it's possible for some but not others. Although, some people seem to have less success.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-30 19:34:43

Maybe...

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-11-30 19:57:20

I think this happened to me a few times. I'm dreaming, but I'm still awake and I know I am. Suddenly my whole body has a huge twitch and I "wake myself up". It's pretty weird.

The aliens are coming to get us.