00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making your body fall asleep

23,791 Views | 403 Replies

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:02:16

Well, I'm a lucid dreamer as it is. But this sounds really interesting. I'm still going to try this tonight, I may not be able to though and probably end up moving my body anyway. I'll try my best though.

asdf

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:07:34

At 3/23/08 04:53 PM, jinx90210 wrote: Sounds like a cool thing im going to try it tonight

Same here man.

Check out my profile! l Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:15:06

I´m going to try this but I´m so freakin excited now. Is it bad to be excited while doing this?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:21:24

I'm gonna try that tonight!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:23:15

Used to do that a lot when I was small. Then I found a mushroom.

But yeah, nothing REALLY trippy happened to me, I just felt like I was sinking.

PhilipAchapman@gmail.com Add me on MSN

I realise my use of the comma is pretentious as fuck, but it's habit.

Thanks to Mr. MuffDiver for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 19:24:00

if i wanna see shit i just close my eyes and push my fingers into them
you see lots of weird shit and it dosent take ages

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:22:44

Wow, lots of replys... =O Normally people aren't that interested in this sort of stuff. Good to see the apparent change of heart tho =P

Sorry I wasn't around to post and answer questions either. I had to dash off to work. So, I 'm going to answer the most common concern all in one post:

Are there lasting side effects?

No

Are you sure about that?

This happens every night. If there were negative side effects, you'd be dead/disfigured already. This has been done buy a surprising number of people already (theres even a number of them in newgrounds of all places -as shown by some of the replys in this thread-, the last place you'd think to find dreaming advocates). The only side effects that they have experienced are stuff like being harder to freak out =P

That sounds scary, I'm afraid to do it

Theres nothing to be scared of. At any point in time, MOVING WILL BREAK THE ILLUSION IMMEDIATELY. Just like moving will prevent it from happening, moving will instantly disrupt it. Twitching a finger will bring you out of it slightly, moving your arm will probably break the SP(whole body numbness/shut down) and if you sit up, you'll feel like you just woke up. The effect dissipates just as dreams dissipate instantly when you're startled awake.

What kind of freaky stuff can happen?

Mainly, it will all be weird. The freaky factor come from not really knowing/understanding whats going on. The worst that can happen is Old Hag which is where you feel the presence of a creepy old woman hanging over you. This is THE MOST COMMON truly freaky thing that happens in a SP like state. That being said, it happens more often in true SP rather then this psuedo-SP state. The difference between these states is that SP is entered by your mind waking up while your body does not wake up and the big difference is that in true SP, you can't actually move (which can get people scared, to say the least. 'Specially with scary old ladies hanging over them). Heres some links about it.

I recommend you try it. Freaky or otherwise by the end you will probably be thinking "holy shit that was intense"

I also suggest looking through the rest of the site. This is just the tiny tip of the iceberg and the freaky experiences that some of you are bitching about are really nothing once you compare them to things such as the main event: Lucid dreaming. (the above isn't even intended as an awesome experience. It's actually just a slightly notable side-effect in a tech that helps induce lucid dreams. I just thought it was a nice ease in and fit your guys general mentality nicely as lucid dreaming can be a bitch to accomplish)

What is a lucid dream?

A lucid dream is a dream in which you know you are dreaming. It is that simple yet from that simplicity springs forth something infinitely complex. If you know you are dreaming, you can control the dream. The best analogy is(and probably always will be) the matrix. A world where you bend rules and do the impossible except if you get really good at controlling it, Neo won't even compare to you. But that takes time and effort >.<. Lucid dreaming is VERY unpredictable and can drive you crazy when you can't quite get lucid =/

And the answer to the ever-persistent question is: Yes, you CAN and probably WILL sex people up

Look around the site. Two links that will get you started are: Acronym list and a List of techniques. If you're interested, sign up, introduce yourself and get cracking. The people on there are surprisingly nice, helpful and are usually pretty smart. I won't lie, I love the place <3 So, go join up and tell people about this because it aggravates me to no end how this stuff has been so eternally cock-blocked from mainstream. >:(

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:38:26

Hypnagogic, love that word.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:41:46

Maybe I'm insane but I'll do it!!!

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:47:58

i'll get right oh that

there will never be peace in BBS as long as we hate each other, There are thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking the root DoMiNiC147

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:51:50

At 3/23/08 05:51 PM, meatyhead wrote: There have been times where my mind wakes up before my body I can't move for a minute or two, its so scary

!!!that happens to me all the time when i sleep really lightly. im awake, and aware of everything that's going on, but i can't move, or even open my eyes!

YUP, that would be me. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-23 23:57:53

At 3/23/08 11:51 PM, AnimaBase wrote:
At 3/23/08 05:51 PM, meatyhead wrote: There have been times where my mind wakes up before my body I can't move for a minute or two, its so scary
!!!that happens to me all the time when i sleep really lightly. im awake, and aware of everything that's going on, but i can't move, or even open my eyes!

Again, thats sleep paralysis. More info here

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 00:16:38

i've never forced lucid dreams before but i've had them...

once when i was like 12 i had this really bad one where everything was like a moonbounce... you couldn't step without bouncing 20 feet in the air... bad part was this was when a had a really bad fear of heights... it was only half lucid though... i couldn't really change things but i could controll myself.

then i had this last night.... there was just alot of sex i don't feel like describing though...

i have to try this method though.

the holy trinity - ctrl, alt, delete

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 00:22:15

also one thing that seems to confuse me about all this is that during stage 1 and the process leading up to it time destortion gets seriously scrood up i can't imagine it would feel anything like just 25 minutes.

the holy trinity - ctrl, alt, delete

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 00:35:18

At 3/23/08 04:35 PM, Gergaloth wrote: Give yourself the stranger.

Rofl, I can give you the Stranger...

Only if you want.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 00:47:45

uh, dose this have something to do with lack of oxygen/blood getting around your body? because your not "moving" the whole time, and the sensations you listed sound like something of a lack of oxygen.

or maybe something alse, it sound insane and weird ill tell you that .

I'MA FIRING MA SPAMMIE LAZIERS!11!@@@

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 00:53:40

At 3/24/08 12:47 AM, viperxeon wrote: uh, dose this have something to do with lack of oxygen/blood getting around your body? because your not "moving" the whole time, and the sensations you listed sound like something of a lack of oxygen.

NO! It's a type of REM atonia.

It has to do with the nero-transmitters in your head getting mixxed/weird signals and stuff like that. Remember, THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME YOU GO TO BED. You're only now just consciously experiencing it.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 01:06:22

oh i see, so REM causes sexual stimulation during sleep (wet dream) so most of your brain is in a sleep like mode but yet, still reacts in a way your awake.

thanks for the thread, it's pretty interesting. but yet, so little is still known about the brain.
they say only like 20% of the brain is "unlocked"

I'MA FIRING MA SPAMMIE LAZIERS!11!@@@

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 01:12:25

This basically sounds like inducing OBE's. (Out of Body experiences). This is where you body falls asleep before your mind does. Anyways, I used to mess around with psi (form of manefestable energy, to complex to explain here), so I know a bit about the subject.

1. This is totally safe, 100% safe. Even if you try to kill yourself in an OBE, it won't work, kinda like how dying in dreams works.

2. I have had only 1 in my entire life, and it was an accident. It was short, but, I fell asleep thinking, "wouldn't it be cool if I could have an OBE tonight?", I "woke up" shortly afterwards and...it gets hard to explain here...I could "sense" myself floating above the room, and then I thought "Oh my god! I'm having an out of body experience!?" And I came back to my real body. Really, it feels amazing...

3. I haven't really DONE any of this type of thing for a while, so I kind of can't remember much about it.

4. No, I'm not a stoner. And I'm not crazy.

I don't really expect any of you to believe me, (seriously, I don't, I'm used to that sort of thing), so I don't really care if you don't. Just try it for yourself. And by the way, the first website I ever learned this stuff from was www.psipog.com They've stopped maintaining it, but they've still got some really nice archives on that stuff. The only thing on there that I believe anyone should be sceptical of on that site is phasing (which is pretty low on articles anyways)

If you've got any questions about this sort of thing, feel free to let me know.

This is my sig. It's basically proof of my awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 01:15:17

At 3/24/08 01:06 AM, viperxeon wrote: oh i see, so REM causes sexual stimulation during sleep (wet dream) so most of your brain is in a sleep like mode but yet, still reacts in a way your awake.

Yeah, morning wood anyone? Thats from REM. Although, many things (such as that) don't carry over to what happens in the tech described in the first post here. It's really a pseudo-Sleep paralysis state which is a state that is derived from REM atonia.

thanks for the thread, it's pretty interesting. but yet, so little is still known about the brain.
they say only like 20% of the brain is "unlocked"

For the average person who doesn't think twice about their dreams, sleep or any of this stuff, it seems more like 2% =/

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 04:23:52

At 3/23/08 07:21 PM, smc316 wrote: I'm gonna try that tonight!

Oh my god that was so fucking werid!

It was so creepy!

Ewww.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 04:24:25

L choose first yup thats how u do it

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 04:25:08

At 3/24/08 04:23 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 3/23/08 07:21 PM, smc316 wrote: I'm gonna try that tonight!
Oh my god that was so fucking werid!

It was so creepy!

Ewww.

Hehehe. But it was fun right?

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 04:31:43

very good times.... now im homesick... i miss all my HS friends

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 06:53:09

Hmm... I tried it...

I decided to read for a while before actually trying it. I tested out the not moving thing and soon enough I got a very strange sensation spreading up the back of my neck. I stopped it though.

I tried it for real and... it just didn't work. I don't know what I did but no hallucinations for me :(

I'll try again tonight.

Graagh? || Ich habe ein gros Hosenschlange

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 07:10:26

I tried it, Turns out if you swallow it won't work either.

Insert signature here.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 07:13:03

it's just stupid.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 08:50:53

I felt this before, it was weird so I forced myself to move.

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 08:58:35

At 3/23/08 04:46 PM, XXdarkAssassinzXX wrote: is there any side effects that can happen later on if you do this.

It happened to me once. I actually heard voices in my head while it happened. Also, I could open my eyes and see the things around me, but I couldn't move. I was really scared, so I tried to solve this by cupping my hands over my ears, but I could still hear this guy talking in my head... The only thing that really solved the fear was closing my eyes again.

Guaranteed not to disappoint.

BBS Signature

Response to Making your body fall asleep 2008-03-24 09:06:29

In the article he mentions the switch from physical hearng to realtime hearing. I've experienced that before, but I had no idea what it was called. Time to go to Wikipedia!

Don't be bold... be italian.

BBS Signature