00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

grebemGrim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,851 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 18:49:21

At 12/5/12 06:42 PM, xxxcreep wrote: This is my only favorite VR song
I don't know many songs by them either. I think Slash is the only reason that VR isn't asking Scott to join again. Scott Weiland is very similar to Axl Rose. Drinking, showing up late for shows, ect....But when I saw them, they didn't show up late and they were really good.

Yeah I can see how that would be a problem...
You tend to piss a lot of people off if you act like that all the time ._.
Never saw them ever. Probably wont either ._.
I've missed out on going to more concerts than your average person will go to for a good portion of their life....

Oh and one of the other Velvet Revolver songs I know is Fall To Pieces.

I only remembered the name because it popped up when Slither ended....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-06 03:55:11

At 12/5/12 06:49 PM, Viper50 wrote: Yeah I can see how that would be a problem...
You tend to piss a lot of people off if you act like that all the time ._.
Never saw them ever. Probably wont either ._.
I've missed out on going to more concerts than your average person will go to for a good portion of their life....

I haven't been to many concerts either. Probably only....4 or 5.
But I've been to quite a few cover band concerts, but I don't count them since they were free.

Oh and one of the other Velvet Revolver songs I know is Fall To Pieces.
I only remembered the name because it popped up when Slither ended....

That song is sad. I have Scott Weiland's ex-wife, Mary Forsberg's auto-biography and it is named "Fall to Pieces". Also, she was in the music video. Shes quite pretty for someone who did alot of heroin, went to rehab ALOT and went all psycho.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-06 11:08:25

At 12/6/12 03:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I haven't been to many concerts either. Probably only....4 or 5.
But I've been to quite a few cover band concerts, but I don't count them since they were free.

I don't count the concerts in which I was in a band that played there....if that were the case i've been to more than 10.

Footage of some shows are on Youtube. Nick has seen some of them....
That song is sad. I have Scott Weiland's ex-wife, Mary Forsberg's auto-biography and it is named "Fall to Pieces". Also, she was in the music video. Shes quite pretty for someone who did alot of heroin, went to rehab ALOT and went all psycho.

I see. I don't have that ._.
And I didn't know that.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-07 00:20:34

Ohh I forgot to ask you all how you liked the new Soundgarden album, "King Animal"?
Blood on the Valley Floor and Taree are my favorites off the album

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-07 00:36:31

At 12/7/12 12:20 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Ohh I forgot to ask you all how you liked the new Soundgarden album, "King Animal"?

Still haven't listened to it ._.
I've only listened to what I put links for on here....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-07 02:52:51

At 12/7/12 12:36 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:20 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Ohh I forgot to ask you all how you liked the new Soundgarden album, "King Animal"?
Still haven't listened to it ._.
I've only listened to what I put links for on here....

Full King Animal :D
I had higher hopes for it, but they are all almost 50 now(Matt Cameron is already 50) so they were bound to get a little softer. I still liked it tho.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-07 10:24:23

This song has been stuck in my head all day yesterday and today ._.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqj3zl1GQI&feature=g-crec-c

At 12/7/12 02:52 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Full King Animal :D

Shweetnessh :U

I had higher hopes for it, but they are all almost 50 now(Matt Cameron is already 50) so they were bound to get a little softer. I still liked it tho.

Yeah I kinda expected that....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 00:02:24

At 12/7/12 10:24 AM, Viper50 wrote: This song has been stuck in my head all day yesterday and today ._.

I like this :o The singer reminds me of a punk band I've heard before...but I can't remember the name for them. They remind me a little of the Adicts...and one other band...I love his voice :D

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 00:26:08

Shit, this better not be true, even tho I was expecting it a little....
Bad news in the Grunge world...

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 00:42:10

At 12/8/12 12:02 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 12/7/12 10:24 AM, Viper50 wrote: This song has been stuck in my head all day yesterday and today ._.
I like this :o The singer reminds me of a punk band I've heard before...but I can't remember the name for them. They remind me a little of the Adicts...and one other band...I love his voice :D

It's off of a comp. album Kylesa called From The Vaults, Vol. 1 that they released not too long ago. It's unreleased stuff, alternative takes of already released songs, and covers.
Also doesn't really shock me that they'd remind you of a punk band since they're a mix of Sludge Metal and Punk Rock.
And they have two drummers which I think is cool :3
Also both guitarists sing. Their names are Phillip Cope and Laura Pleasants.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 00:56:32

At 12/8/12 12:26 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Shit, this better not be true, even tho I was expecting it a little....
Bad news in the Grunge world...

What!
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 01:11:31

At 12/8/12 12:42 AM, Viper50 wrote: It's off of a comp. album Kylesa called From The Vaults, Vol. 1 that they released not too long ago. It's unreleased stuff, alternative takes of already released songs, and covers.
Also doesn't really shock me that they'd remind you of a punk band since they're a mix of Sludge Metal and Punk Rock.
And they have two drummers which I think is cool :3
Also both guitarists sing. Their names are Phillip Cope and Laura Pleasants.

2 drummers?? Awesome. I love the Drums, to me, they are one the of best things about any sort of rock music. :3

At 12/8/12 12:56 AM, Viper50 wrote: What!
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know :'( Why does Scott Weiland have to always fight with his bandmates :( His music is so amazing, they have the potential to be around for a very long time if he will just mellow out a little. Scotts voice is so amazing. Last year I got his christmas album haha I don't always listen to christmas music, but when I do, it's by a grunge god.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-08 01:25:05

At 12/8/12 01:11 AM, xxxcreep wrote: 2 drummers?? Awesome. I love the Drums, to me, they are one the of best things about any sort of rock music. :3

Yeah. They have it so one drummer is panned all the way to the left and the other is panned all the way to the right when they record and they play everything completely in sync with one another. It's crazy!
As for me I like the drums as much as pretty much anyone, but whenever I listen to stuff I pretty much pay more attention to the bass and guitar. Unless they turn up the drum mics a bit more and make em a bit louder. Or if the song starts off with drums. Ya know like Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin or Hurricane by Kyuss.

I know :'( Why does Scott Weiland have to always fight with his bandmates :( His music is so amazing, they have the potential to be around for a very long time if he will just mellow out a little. Scotts voice is so amazing. Last year I got his christmas album haha I don't always listen to christmas music, but when I do, it's by a grunge god.

I don't know :'(
Also I totally forgot he made a christmas album hahaha xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-09 00:21:23

At 12/8/12 01:25 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/8/12 01:11 AM, xxxcreep wrote: 2 drummers?? Awesome. I love the Drums, to me, they are one the of best things about any sort of rock music. :3
Yeah. They have it so one drummer is panned all the way to the left and the other is panned all the way to the right when they record and they play everything completely in sync with one another. It's crazy!
As for me I like the drums as much as pretty much anyone, but whenever I listen to stuff I pretty much pay more attention to the bass and guitar. Unless they turn up the drum mics a bit more and make em a bit louder. Or if the song starts off with drums. Ya know like Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin or Hurricane by Kyuss.

The drumming in this song is very subtle, but its so haunting. I love it.
Love Hate Love

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-09 00:52:19

Not Grunge but....anyone here listen to Monster Magnet?

At 12/9/12 12:21 AM, xxxcreep wrote: The drumming in this song is very subtle, but its so haunting. I love it.
Love Hate Love

I really liked the drumming. And I love Facelift :3
Now that I think of it I like it more than Dirt, their self-titled album, and Black Gives Way To Blue.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-09 04:55:57

At 12/9/12 12:52 AM, Viper50 wrote: Not Grunge but....anyone here listen to Monster Magnet?

I've never heard of them :o

Oh I've been meaning to ask just because I'm curious, whats your favorite grunge band of all time? And favorite song by a grunge band? This question goes or anyone who comes to this thread, but your really the only one other than me that is frequently here haha

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-09 12:16:59

At 12/9/12 04:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I've never heard of them :o

Apparently they opened for Soundgarden a few times in the early 90s.
And Dave Wyndorf (their singer) got a bit...fat ._.
Though they're still touring and released their 9th album in 2010.

....oh hey on further inspection Monster Magnet IS Grunge. With a mix of Stoner Metal, Heavy Metal, and Psychedelic Rock.

Oh I've been meaning to ask just because I'm curious, whats your favorite grunge band of all time? And favorite song by a grunge band? This question goes or anyone who comes to this thread, but your really the only one other than me that is frequently here haha

Hmm...tough question....For the longest time I primarily listened to Nirvana and Alice In Chains....
But at the moment I'd say my favorite Grunge band is still Nirvana.

Mainly because I they make up a good sized amount of my Grunge music.

Favorite song is a toughie....so I'll get back to you on that ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-10 01:35:14

At 12/9/12 12:16 PM, Viper50 wrote: Hmm...tough question....For the longest time I primarily listened to Nirvana and Alice In Chains....
But at the moment I'd say my favorite Grunge band is still Nirvana.

I know what you mean, My favorite grunge change every week between Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Mad Season

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-10 03:02:41

So apparently a former guitarist from Monster Magnet was in the band Hater with Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, and Brian Wood.

For anyone who doesn't know Brian Wood is Andrew Wood's brother.
And if someone here SOMEHOW doesn't know who Andrew Wood is....I dont know what to say about that ._.

And he also teamed up with Matt and Ben to form Wellwater Conspiracy with Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-10 10:49:48

At 12/10/12 03:02 AM, Viper50 wrote: So apparently a former guitarist from Monster Magnet was in the band Hater with Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, and Brian Wood.

Woah I learn something new everyday :o I will definitly check them out

For anyone who doesn't know Brian Wood is Andrew Wood's brother.

I'm friends with Andy's ex girlfriend Xana on facebook and she posted that Brian is selling all of Andy's stuff :( Quite saddening. So shes trying to get people to donate to help buy his bass from Brian to put in a museum. I think he was selling it for 20,000$....

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-10 12:43:22

At 12/10/12 10:49 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Woah I learn something new everyday :o I will definitly check them out

Have fun haha :3
And (even though you didn't say it) you're welcome.

haha
I'm friends with Andy's ex girlfriend Xana on facebook and she posted that Brian is selling all of Andy's stuff :( Quite saddening. So shes trying to get people to donate to help buy his bass from Brian to put in a museum. I think he was selling it for 20,000$....

Wait shes just now doing this? Didn't he die like 22 years ago?
What kind of bass is it?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-11 00:58:39

This is the stuff they are selling. On Malfunkshun's website. Here

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-11 10:46:37

At 12/11/12 12:58 AM, xxxcreep wrote: This is the stuff they are selling. On Malfunkshun's website. Here

The hell happened to that pedal? o.O

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-12 00:34:16

At 12/11/12 10:46 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/11/12 12:58 AM, xxxcreep wrote: This is the stuff they are selling. On Malfunkshun's website. Here
The hell happened to that pedal? o.O

Who knows haha. I haven't really sat down and listened to all of Malfunkshun's album "Return to Olympus". But I like the song, Until the Ocean

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-12 01:02:41

At 12/12/12 12:34 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I haven't really sat down and listened to all of Malfunkshun's album "Return to Olympus". But I like the song, Until the Ocean

Neither have I ._.
Dunno why...

Liked that song though

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-12 18:06:51

Oh my fucking sweet merciful jesus there is going to be a Nirvana Reunion tonight!
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-to-per form-with-dave-grohl-and-friends-at-12-12-12-20121212
I don't care that Paul McCartney is going to be singing this is still fucking epic!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 01:26:12

At 12/12/12 06:06 PM, Viper50 wrote: Oh my fucking sweet merciful jesus there is going to be a Nirvana Reunion tonight!
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-to-per form-with-dave-grohl-and-friends-at-12-12-12-20121212
I don't care that Paul McCartney is going to be singing this is still fucking epic!

omfg yea I saw, it was pretty awesome!!
ALSO THIS WAS FUCKING AMAZING, I HAD A MINI SEAZURE ABOUT IT gdashuygfsiauvfbyduis

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 01:45:45

At 12/13/12 01:26 AM, xxxcreep wrote: omfg yea I saw, it was pretty awesome!!

As much as I was hoping they'd get at least one older Nirvana song in, I was also happy they didn't get to.
I don't want to hear someone butchering one of their songs. No one and I mean NO ONE can replace Kurt Cobain!
Still the new song was awesome!!!

ALSO THIS WAS FUCKING AMAZING, I HAD A MINI SEAZURE ABOUT IT gdashuygfsiauvfbyduis

I LOVED that! Granted I would have liked Pearl Jam playing there but Eddie showing up and sharing vocals with Roger Waters was still pretty epic.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 02:00:00

At 12/13/12 01:45 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/13/12 01:26 AM, xxxcreep wrote: omfg yea I saw, it was pretty awesome!!
No one and I mean NO ONE can replace Kurt Cobain!
Still the new song was awesome!!!

Ugh, I know. I'm so glad they didn't play a Nirvana song. It would have been very very strange.

I LOVED that! Granted I would have liked Pearl Jam playing there but Eddie showing up and sharing vocals with Roger :Waters was still pretty epic.

Yea I'm disapointed that Pearl Jam or at least just Eddie Vedder didn't just do 1 song to themselves, But I like "Comfortably Numb" :) Eddie Vedder is good at singing Pink Floyd songs :o I've been listening to Pearl Jam's version of "Mother" by Pink Floyd over and over again since it aired on Jimmy Fallen.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 02:09:13

At 12/13/12 02:00 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Ugh, I know. I'm so glad they didn't play a Nirvana song. It would have been very very strange.

Yeah it would have....I mean if they played something I dont know..."softer" it would have worked a tad better than ya know like SLTS, Breed, or In Bloom.

Yea I'm disapointed that Pearl Jam or at least just Eddie Vedder didn't just do 1 song to themselves, But I like "Comfortably Numb" :) Eddie Vedder is good at singing Pink Floyd songs :o I've been listening to Pearl Jam's version of "Mother" by Pink Floyd over and over again since it aired on Jimmy Fallen.

Hmm...I haven't heard that ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature