Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-07 15:34:16 Reply

At 2/4/13 01:23 PM, FistofGreedo wrote: Name - Alexander
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, The Melvins
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - All apologies, Hunger Strike, Outshined, Would, Jeremy
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - In Utero, Nevermind, Facelift, Badmotorfinger
About Yourself - I play guitar.

Welcome.
Also are we EVER going to get a full on drummer person to join? I mean....we have like 4 or 5 guitarists and a bass player.
But no drummer. I mean xxxcreep has mentioned playing drums more than once before. But she doesn't have a kit at the moment (as far as I know >.>)

At 2/4/13 04:41 PM, sonicblast45 wrote: i finally decided that since i cant make a good enough topic then i might as well join this one anyway im the number one staind fan anyone want to prove them selves worthy of being number 1 and a halve

Can't say I like Staind all that much....
I'm okay with like 1 or 2 songs. But other than that I just don't listen to them.

At 2/7/13 02:48 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Welcome welcome!! Your a Mother love bone fan!! TBH theres not enough Mother Love bone fans in the world :( MLB is too awesome.

Yeah...but you gotta remember the DID only have one album and not much else. Because Andy Wood died right before Apple was released....which sucks because they had so much more to offer too...
Though they ARE responsible for Temple Of The Dog and Pearl Jam being a thing.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Captain-Slugworth
Captain-Slugworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-08 10:56:28 Reply

Welcome welcome!! Your a Mother love bone fan!! TBH theres not enough Mother Love bone fans in the world :( MLB is too awesome.

Hehe thankyou~ :)

Late Night Lounge--
I just wanted to leave, you know, my apartment. Maybe meet a nice girl. And now I’ve got to die for it!

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-08 15:19:05 Reply

At 2/7/13 03:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: I mean xxxcreep has mentioned playing drums more than once before. But she doesn't have a kit at the moment (as far as I know >.>)

No :( Not yet, i have to wait till march :'( But I know how to read drum sheet music and stuff which is awesome :o

Yeah...but you gotta remember the DID only have one album and not much else. Because Andy Wood died right before Apple was released....which sucks because they had so much more to offer too...
Though they ARE responsible for Temple Of The Dog and Pearl Jam being a thing.

Yea :( Its pretty disappointing, I want Mother Love Bone to still be around, but then Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam would have never been made, and Pearl Jam is my favorite band so it sucks :( And if Green River was still around then Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, AND Mudhoney would have never been made which is worse :o

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-08 15:46:34 Reply

At 2/8/13 03:19 PM, xxxcreep wrote: No :( Not yet, i have to wait till march :'( But I know how to read drum sheet music and stuff which is awesome :o

Well....at least you'll have em next month.
I can't read sheet music at all ._. I used to be able to when I played the trumpet.

Yea :( Its pretty disappointing, I want Mother Love Bone to still be around, but then Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam would have never been made, and Pearl Jam is my favorite band so it sucks :( And if Green River was still around then Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, AND Mudhoney would have never been made which is worse :o

Yeah....it would REALLY suck if none of those bands were around :/
Which reminds me that I need to go out and get some stuff by Green River....and some Mudhoney ._.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-09 00:55:10 Reply

Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-09 06:21:35 Reply

At 2/9/13 12:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...

That sucks dude.
Granted if I were in your position with where you live and with that dude running around I'd probably just stay home Monday if they didn't catch him yet.
But then again thats just me.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-10 16:02:13 Reply

At 2/9/13 06:21 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/9/13 12:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...
That sucks dude.
Granted if I were in your position with where you live and with that dude running around I'd probably just stay home Monday if they didn't catch him yet.
But then again thats just me.

yea, i have school tomorrow and they still didnt catch it :( it snowed in the mountains all weekend so I think hes either dead(suicide or froze to death) or he's not even in the mountains anymore.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-10 16:41:25 Reply

At 2/10/13 04:02 PM, xxxcreep wrote: yea, i have school tomorrow and they still didnt catch it :( it snowed in the mountains all weekend so I think hes either dead(suicide or froze to death) or he's not even in the mountains anymore.

In a way thats good but also in a way thats bad.
Good because theres a chance hes dead and you wont have to worry about some psycho running around killing people.
And bad because if he isn't in the mountains then where is he? o.O

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Destrayop
Destrayop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 13:14:25 Reply

Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

Grunge Club

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 13:47:31 Reply

At 2/17/13 01:14 PM, Destrayop wrote: Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

There's been a collab in the midst but I have no idea what is going on with it.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 20:58:09 Reply

At 2/17/13 01:14 PM, Destrayop wrote: Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

I said something about it....but I don't think anythings going to come of it haha.

interesting Rurouni Kenshin gif though
At 2/17/13 01:47 PM, J-Rex wrote: There's been a collab in the midst but I have no idea what is going on with it.

Neither do I. If anything we're waiting on a drummer and the only one close to being one is xxxcreep.
But she doesn't have a kit at the moment.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Destrayop
Destrayop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 23:04:16 Reply

At 2/17/13 08:58 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I said something about it....but I don't think anythings going to come of it haha.
interesting Rurouni Kenshin gif though

Not with that attitude it's not xD
And yes, the gif is quite legit.

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-18 19:34:21 Reply

"New" Mad Season song :3

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 11:18:37 Reply

At 2/18/13 07:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: "New" Mad Season song :3

I loved it! It seemed so much like something mad Season would have written with Layne alive...actually I think they MIGHT have written it with Layne alive..Well Mark Lanegans vocals are so great, I wanna thank him a million times for doing this.

BTW, I went to see Soundgarden last sunday and they played New Damage and BLIND DOGS!!!!!!! :o

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 12:14:23 Reply

Happy (what wound have been) 46th Birthday Kurt Cobain

At 2/20/13 11:18 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I loved it! It seemed so much like something mad Season would have written with Layne alive...actually I think they MIGHT have written it with Layne alive..Well Mark Lanegans vocals are so great, I wanna thank him a million times for doing this.

They DID write it while Layne was alive. They had a few songs written for a follow up to Above but they were never fully done.
Said song is going to be included in the Mad Season box set coming out later this year. It will include 2 CDs and a DVD.

Disc 1 has Above and includes the following Bonus Tracks:

1. Interlude (previously unreleased)
2. Locomotive (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
3. Black Book Of Fear (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
4. Slip Away (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
5. I Don't Wanna Be A Solider (remix)

Disc 2 has a previously unreleased recording of their final performance Live At The Moore.
And the DVD has Live At The Moore digitally remastered with some bonus footage.

BTW, I went to see Soundgarden last sunday and they played New Damage and BLIND DOGS!!!!!!! :o

Lucky :/
I'll probably NEVER get to see them live xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 22:53:24 Reply

A bit more Grunge news for the day.
I just found out that Ten (by Pearl Jam if you SOMEHOW didn't know) is now officially the 22nd album to reach "Diamond" status by selling more than 10 Million copies in the US.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-26 15:45:34 Reply

At 2/20/13 10:53 PM, Viper50 wrote: A bit more Grunge news for the day.
I just found out that Ten (by Pearl Jam if you SOMEHOW didn't know) is now officially the 22nd album to reach "Diamond" status by selling more than 10 Million copies in the US.

Thats pretty damn awesome :o
In other grunge news, Stone Gossard says Pearl Jams new CD will probably be out NEXT YEAR :'(

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-26 15:59:22 Reply

At 2/26/13 03:45 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Thats pretty damn awesome :o

Indeed!

In other grunge news, Stone Gossard says Pearl Jams new CD will probably be out NEXT YEAR :'(

That sucks :/
Though we can look at it this way.
We got Soundgarden last year, still have Alice In Chains this year, and then Pearl Jam next year. Then we have the Mad Season box set thingy coming out later this year as well.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-05 11:34:36 Reply

So I was just made aware today that Mudhoney is releasing a new album next month.
HOW had I not hear about this before?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
SOVIETsounds
SOVIETsounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-12 00:02:18 Reply

Hey everyone, we're a 3 piece stonegaze band called SOVIET. We're new to NG so we thought it'd be a good idea to post our music in the club forum. Hope you guys dig what we're doing because there is much more to come.

• This Is the Day
    This Is the Day by SOVIETsounds

This Is the Day.

Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Grunge
    Popularity
  • A Dirge
    A Dirge by SOVIETsounds

A Dirge

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Grunge
    Popularity
  • I Wanna Die
    I Wanna Die by SOVIETsounds

I Wanna Die

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Grunge
    Popularity
  • Bright Hope For Tomorrow
    Bright Hope For Tomorrow by SOVIETsounds

Bright Hope For Tomorrow

Score
    1.15 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Grunge
    Popularity

pic semi-related: it's our next show

Grunge Club

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-20 22:09:38 Reply

So Pearl Jam have revealed that Mike Einziger (guitarist from Incubus) is going to contribute to the upcoming Pearl Jam album.

At 3/12/13 12:02 AM, SOVIETsounds wrote: Hey everyone, we're a 3 piece stonegaze band called SOVIET. We're new to NG so we thought it'd be a good idea to post our music in the club forum. Hope you guys dig what we're doing because there is much more to come.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526237
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526794
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526731
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526238
pic semi-related: it's our next show

Not bad. Was kinda wondering was "stonegaze" when I saw that though.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:10:32 Reply

the grunge club is dead.

just kidding. Sorry, its hard to juggle newgrounds and everything.
"I've been away for tooo long"

btw, im going to see mudhoney tomorrow

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:13:58 Reply

At 4/13/13 04:10 PM, xxxcreep wrote: the grunge club is dead.

just kidding. Sorry, its hard to juggle newgrounds and everything.
"I've been away for tooo long"

btw, im going to see mudhoney tomorrow

So you finally decide to show back up after like....1 1/2 months.

it might sound like I'm mad or something but I'm actually not xD

Cool for the seeing Mudhoney.
I saw the tour dates for when Alice In Chains are touring and they're totally skipping my state. Also did you hear all of the new songs (released so far) yet?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:21:37 Reply

At 4/13/13 04:13 PM, Viper50 wrote:
So you finally decide to show back up after like....1 1/2 months.

lol XD i didnt know it was that long

I saw the tour dates for when Alice In Chains are touring and they're totally skipping my state. Also did you hear all of the new songs (released so far) yet?

I saw Alice in Chains live on Jimmy Kimmel last wednesday, I was right by the stage next to Mike Inez :o
The only new songs I've heard so far is Stone and Hollow. I really love the bass in hollow, its pretty damn amazing
BTW, THIS

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:49:58 Reply

At 4/13/13 04:21 PM, xxxcreep wrote: lol XD i didnt know it was that long

Yeah it was xD

I saw Alice in Chains live on Jimmy Kimmel last wednesday, I was right by the stage next to Mike Inez :o

Thats awesome!!!! o:

The only new songs I've heard so far is Stone and Hollow. I really love the bass in hollow, its pretty damn amazing
BTW, THIS

Oh hey my sister told me about that but I never got around to watching it xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 18:28:16 Reply

Chris Cornell did an AMA on the 8th and he said that there is a huuuge possibility of a new Temple Of The Dog album!!!
which is huuuge news

also I got the new Mad Season box set a while back and its fucking awesome. "Wake Up" live. I can't handle it XD
Also the new songs are beautiful

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 18:39:56 Reply

At 4/13/13 06:28 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Chris Cornell did an AMA on the 8th and he said that there is a huuuge possibility of a new Temple Of The Dog album!!!
which is huuuge news

That would be fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

also I got the new Mad Season box set a while back and its fucking awesome. "Wake Up" live. I can't handle it XD
Also the new songs are beautiful

I've been meaning to get that. Or at least listen to the whole thing at some point....but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-14 16:09:30 Reply

At 4/13/13 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I've been meaning to get that. Or at least listen to the whole thing at some point....but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason ._.

You should :D
Mark Lanegan did a GREAT job.
Black Book of Fear is my favorite

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-14 16:54:34 Reply

At 4/14/13 04:09 PM, xxxcreep wrote: You should :D

How much is it?

Mark Lanegan did a GREAT job.
Black Book of Fear is my favorite

Hmm....not bad.
On the topic of Mark Lanegan what do you think about him and Dave Grohl collabing with Queens Of The Stone Age for their next album ...Like Clockwork thats coming out in I wanna say June?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-16 16:56:32 Reply

At 4/14/13 04:54 PM, Viper50 wrote:
How much is it?

like 20$

Hmm....not bad.
On the topic of Mark Lanegan what do you think about him and Dave Grohl collabing with Queens Of The Stone Age for their next album ...Like Clockwork thats coming out in I wanna say June?

I'm not sure. I've only heard 2 Queens of the Stone age songs lol. "sick,sick,sick" and "no one knows". Mark Lanegean tho...is pretty awesome so it'll probably be great.

lol speaking of collabs, Courtney Love mad a song with Fall Out Boy.
Fall Out Boy used to be one of my favorite bands in middle school, I heard the song, and courtney ruined it. Everything is better without Courtney Love :p

BBS Signature