00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NanoSoft just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,839 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-08 15:46:34

At 2/8/13 03:19 PM, xxxcreep wrote: No :( Not yet, i have to wait till march :'( But I know how to read drum sheet music and stuff which is awesome :o

Well....at least you'll have em next month.
I can't read sheet music at all ._. I used to be able to when I played the trumpet.

Yea :( Its pretty disappointing, I want Mother Love Bone to still be around, but then Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam would have never been made, and Pearl Jam is my favorite band so it sucks :( And if Green River was still around then Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, AND Mudhoney would have never been made which is worse :o

Yeah....it would REALLY suck if none of those bands were around :/
Which reminds me that I need to go out and get some stuff by Green River....and some Mudhoney ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-09 00:55:10

Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-09 06:21:35

At 2/9/13 12:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...

That sucks dude.
Granted if I were in your position with where you live and with that dude running around I'd probably just stay home Monday if they didn't catch him yet.
But then again thats just me.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-10 16:02:13

At 2/9/13 06:21 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/9/13 12:55 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Blahhhh im getting tired of where i live. I live at the bottom of the san bernardino mountains an theres something huge going on up there because of that christopher dorner guy...which means he dove right threw my town -.- i get too paranoid about this stuff....i hope they catch him before i have to go to school on monday...i dont wanna go to school with him on the loose...
That sucks dude.
Granted if I were in your position with where you live and with that dude running around I'd probably just stay home Monday if they didn't catch him yet.
But then again thats just me.

yea, i have school tomorrow and they still didnt catch it :( it snowed in the mountains all weekend so I think hes either dead(suicide or froze to death) or he's not even in the mountains anymore.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-10 16:41:25

At 2/10/13 04:02 PM, xxxcreep wrote: yea, i have school tomorrow and they still didnt catch it :( it snowed in the mountains all weekend so I think hes either dead(suicide or froze to death) or he's not even in the mountains anymore.

In a way thats good but also in a way thats bad.
Good because theres a chance hes dead and you wont have to worry about some psycho running around killing people.
And bad because if he isn't in the mountains then where is he? o.O

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 13:14:25

Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

Grunge Club

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 13:47:31

At 2/17/13 01:14 PM, Destrayop wrote: Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

There's been a collab in the midst but I have no idea what is going on with it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 20:58:09

At 2/17/13 01:14 PM, Destrayop wrote: Did I smell a collaboration forming up there again or is that just my guitar-sense going insane with boredom l:?

I said something about it....but I don't think anythings going to come of it haha.

interesting Rurouni Kenshin gif though
At 2/17/13 01:47 PM, J-Rex wrote: There's been a collab in the midst but I have no idea what is going on with it.

Neither do I. If anything we're waiting on a drummer and the only one close to being one is xxxcreep.
But she doesn't have a kit at the moment.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-17 23:04:16

At 2/17/13 08:58 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I said something about it....but I don't think anythings going to come of it haha.
interesting Rurouni Kenshin gif though

Not with that attitude it's not xD
And yes, the gif is quite legit.

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-18 19:34:21

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 11:18:37

At 2/18/13 07:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: "New" Mad Season song :3

I loved it! It seemed so much like something mad Season would have written with Layne alive...actually I think they MIGHT have written it with Layne alive..Well Mark Lanegans vocals are so great, I wanna thank him a million times for doing this.

BTW, I went to see Soundgarden last sunday and they played New Damage and BLIND DOGS!!!!!!! :o

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 12:14:23

Happy (what wound have been) 46th Birthday Kurt Cobain

At 2/20/13 11:18 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I loved it! It seemed so much like something mad Season would have written with Layne alive...actually I think they MIGHT have written it with Layne alive..Well Mark Lanegans vocals are so great, I wanna thank him a million times for doing this.

They DID write it while Layne was alive. They had a few songs written for a follow up to Above but they were never fully done.
Said song is going to be included in the Mad Season box set coming out later this year. It will include 2 CDs and a DVD.

Disc 1 has Above and includes the following Bonus Tracks:

1. Interlude (previously unreleased)
2. Locomotive (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
3. Black Book Of Fear (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
4. Slip Away (lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
5. I Don't Wanna Be A Solider (remix)

Disc 2 has a previously unreleased recording of their final performance Live At The Moore.
And the DVD has Live At The Moore digitally remastered with some bonus footage.

BTW, I went to see Soundgarden last sunday and they played New Damage and BLIND DOGS!!!!!!! :o

Lucky :/
I'll probably NEVER get to see them live xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-20 22:53:24

A bit more Grunge news for the day.
I just found out that Ten (by Pearl Jam if you SOMEHOW didn't know) is now officially the 22nd album to reach "Diamond" status by selling more than 10 Million copies in the US.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-26 15:45:34

At 2/20/13 10:53 PM, Viper50 wrote: A bit more Grunge news for the day.
I just found out that Ten (by Pearl Jam if you SOMEHOW didn't know) is now officially the 22nd album to reach "Diamond" status by selling more than 10 Million copies in the US.

Thats pretty damn awesome :o
In other grunge news, Stone Gossard says Pearl Jams new CD will probably be out NEXT YEAR :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-26 15:59:22

At 2/26/13 03:45 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Thats pretty damn awesome :o

Indeed!

In other grunge news, Stone Gossard says Pearl Jams new CD will probably be out NEXT YEAR :'(

That sucks :/
Though we can look at it this way.
We got Soundgarden last year, still have Alice In Chains this year, and then Pearl Jam next year. Then we have the Mad Season box set thingy coming out later this year as well.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-05 11:34:36

So I was just made aware today that Mudhoney is releasing a new album next month.
HOW had I not hear about this before?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-12 00:02:18

Hey everyone, we're a 3 piece stonegaze band called SOVIET. We're new to NG so we thought it'd be a good idea to post our music in the club forum. Hope you guys dig what we're doing because there is much more to come.

pic semi-related: it's our next show

Grunge Club

Response to Grunge Club 2013-03-20 22:09:38

So Pearl Jam have revealed that Mike Einziger (guitarist from Incubus) is going to contribute to the upcoming Pearl Jam album.

At 3/12/13 12:02 AM, SOVIETsounds wrote: Hey everyone, we're a 3 piece stonegaze band called SOVIET. We're new to NG so we thought it'd be a good idea to post our music in the club forum. Hope you guys dig what we're doing because there is much more to come.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526237
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526794
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526731
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/526238
pic semi-related: it's our next show

Not bad. Was kinda wondering was "stonegaze" when I saw that though.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:10:32

the grunge club is dead.

just kidding. Sorry, its hard to juggle newgrounds and everything.
"I've been away for tooo long"

btw, im going to see mudhoney tomorrow

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:13:58

At 4/13/13 04:10 PM, xxxcreep wrote: the grunge club is dead.

just kidding. Sorry, its hard to juggle newgrounds and everything.
"I've been away for tooo long"

btw, im going to see mudhoney tomorrow

So you finally decide to show back up after like....1 1/2 months.

it might sound like I'm mad or something but I'm actually not xD

Cool for the seeing Mudhoney.
I saw the tour dates for when Alice In Chains are touring and they're totally skipping my state. Also did you hear all of the new songs (released so far) yet?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:21:37

At 4/13/13 04:13 PM, Viper50 wrote:
So you finally decide to show back up after like....1 1/2 months.

lol XD i didnt know it was that long

I saw the tour dates for when Alice In Chains are touring and they're totally skipping my state. Also did you hear all of the new songs (released so far) yet?

I saw Alice in Chains live on Jimmy Kimmel last wednesday, I was right by the stage next to Mike Inez :o
The only new songs I've heard so far is Stone and Hollow. I really love the bass in hollow, its pretty damn amazing
BTW, THIS

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 16:49:58

At 4/13/13 04:21 PM, xxxcreep wrote: lol XD i didnt know it was that long

Yeah it was xD

I saw Alice in Chains live on Jimmy Kimmel last wednesday, I was right by the stage next to Mike Inez :o

Thats awesome!!!! o:

The only new songs I've heard so far is Stone and Hollow. I really love the bass in hollow, its pretty damn amazing
BTW, THIS

Oh hey my sister told me about that but I never got around to watching it xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 18:28:16

Chris Cornell did an AMA on the 8th and he said that there is a huuuge possibility of a new Temple Of The Dog album!!!
which is huuuge news

also I got the new Mad Season box set a while back and its fucking awesome. "Wake Up" live. I can't handle it XD
Also the new songs are beautiful

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-13 18:39:56

At 4/13/13 06:28 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Chris Cornell did an AMA on the 8th and he said that there is a huuuge possibility of a new Temple Of The Dog album!!!
which is huuuge news

That would be fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

also I got the new Mad Season box set a while back and its fucking awesome. "Wake Up" live. I can't handle it XD
Also the new songs are beautiful

I've been meaning to get that. Or at least listen to the whole thing at some point....but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-14 16:09:30

At 4/13/13 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I've been meaning to get that. Or at least listen to the whole thing at some point....but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason ._.

You should :D
Mark Lanegan did a GREAT job.
Black Book of Fear is my favorite

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-14 16:54:34

At 4/14/13 04:09 PM, xxxcreep wrote: You should :D

How much is it?

Mark Lanegan did a GREAT job.
Black Book of Fear is my favorite

Hmm....not bad.
On the topic of Mark Lanegan what do you think about him and Dave Grohl collabing with Queens Of The Stone Age for their next album ...Like Clockwork thats coming out in I wanna say June?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-16 16:56:32

At 4/14/13 04:54 PM, Viper50 wrote:
How much is it?

like 20$

Hmm....not bad.
On the topic of Mark Lanegan what do you think about him and Dave Grohl collabing with Queens Of The Stone Age for their next album ...Like Clockwork thats coming out in I wanna say June?

I'm not sure. I've only heard 2 Queens of the Stone age songs lol. "sick,sick,sick" and "no one knows". Mark Lanegean tho...is pretty awesome so it'll probably be great.

lol speaking of collabs, Courtney Love mad a song with Fall Out Boy.
Fall Out Boy used to be one of my favorite bands in middle school, I heard the song, and courtney ruined it. Everything is better without Courtney Love :p

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-16 17:54:39

At 4/16/13 04:56 PM, xxxcreep wrote: like 20$

Ah okay.

I'm not sure. I've only heard 2 Queens of the Stone age songs lol. "sick,sick,sick" and "no one knows". Mark Lanegean tho...is pretty awesome so it'll probably be great.

Well Dave and Mark Lanegan were both onSongs For The Deaf and thats the album No One Knows is on.
Heres a few other songs by them to check out.
You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Go With The Flow
Make It Wit Chu
and 3's & 7's

lol speaking of collabs, Courtney Love mad a song with Fall Out Boy.
Fall Out Boy used to be one of my favorite bands in middle school, I heard the song, and courtney ruined it. Everything is better without Courtney Love :p

I heard about that. Is it really THAT bad?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-17 10:53:04

At 4/16/13 05:54 PM, Viper50 wrote: Well Dave and Mark Lanegan were both onSongs For The Deaf and thats the album No One Knows is on.
Heres a few other songs by them to check out.
You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Go With The Flow
Make It Wit Chu
and 3's & 7's

Oh cool :o I forgot that I know the song 3s & 7s. They are a pretty good band :3

I heard about that. Is it really THAT bad?

It is, shes not even like singing, shes talking threw it.
Spoken word Courtney Love? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-04-17 12:04:28

At 4/17/13 10:53 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Oh cool :o I forgot that I know the song 3s & 7s. They are a pretty good band :3

They ARE pretty awesome :3
Also those first two songs are off of the album that Dave and Mark played on. The 3rd and 4th are off of the album Ear Vulgaris.

It is, shes not even like singing, shes talking threw it.
Spoken word Courtney Love? lol

Thats really weird o.O
Also a tad bit of random trivia. My old guitar teacher was in a band that played at the same place as Fall Out Boy. Fall Out Boy went on a bit before them and there were people from a record label in the crowd and signed them before my guitar teacher's band went on stage.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature