00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,783 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Grunge Club 2012-10-31 18:40:45

Do you like Grunge and Post-Grunge? Then you're in the right place. Just fill out the form below and your more than likely in. I will fill the form in to show you what I mean.

Name - Joey
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Bush, Seether, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Alice In Chains, Temple Of The Dog, Stone Temple Pilots, and Jane's Addiction
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Rape Me, Swallowed, Stardog Champion, Alive, Remedy, Hunger Strike, Jane Say's, Got Me Wrong
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Nevermind, Ten, Sixteen Stone, The Colour And The Shape, One By One, Wasting Light, Dirt,
About Yourself - I make ambient music,

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-04 21:07:08

Anyone? I know some of you out there want to join.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-04 22:23:21

Ive never really been into grunge. Got any start-tier songs you think I might like?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-04 23:13:25

I didn't think a club like this would be made ever.

for some odd reason....

Name - Thats confidential.
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Alice In Chains, Bush, Fang, Green River, L7, Mad Season, Mudhoney, Mother Love Bone, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, The Fluid, Temple Of The Dog.
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Blew, Hunger Strike, Above, Stardog Champion, Jesus Christ Pose, All In The Suit That You Wear, The Money Will Roll Right In, D7 (Nirvana's cover)
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Facelift, Sixteen Stone, Above, Apple, Bleach, Vs, Louder Than Love, Core, Temple Of The Dog.
About Yourself - Thats confidential.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-05 15:34:41

At 11/4/12 10:23 PM, BumFodder wrote: Ive never really been into grunge. Got any start-tier songs you think I might like?

I think to begin the path of Grunge just listen to some Nirvana then if you like it post back for more recommendations.

Also to Viper50 Welcome!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-05 20:10:36

Name - Nick
Favorite Grunge Bands - Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Mother Love Bone, Screaming Trees, Mad Season, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Green River, Filter, The Melvins (More of a Grunge inspiration band I suppose), Malfunkshun-- All that's coming to mind at the moment.
Favorite Grunge Tunes- Sappy, You Know You're Right, Verse Chorus Verse, Blew, Sifting, Dive, In Bloom, Tourette's, Milk It, Would, Rooster, Man In The Box, Sunshine, Stardog Champion, Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns, Lifeless Dead, Spoonman, Aerozeppelin, Hey Man Nice Shot, Dose, Touch Me I'm Sick, Heart Shaped Box, Rape Me, Sickman, Them Bones, Come As You Are, Lithium, Big Cheese, Downer, School, Floyd The Barber, Love Buzz, Paper Cuts, Swap Meet,
Favorite Grunge Albums- In Utero, Bleach, Incesticide, Apple, Dirt, Above, Jar Of Flies, Short Bus, Nevermind
About Me- I'm a guitarist/aspiring musician, attempting to form a 3-4 piece band with a few people I know, who composes, records, and occasionally uploads music of terrible quality to the NG Audio Portal. I've attempted creating projects on here involving multiple musicians, that unfortunately keep getting pushed back due to work, procrastination, and laziness, on my part mainly. Despite this, I'd be happy to jam with anybody on here willing to put up with the sickly sound of my dying guitar, and my horrid procrastination-- Specifically in Grunge/Rock/Blues oriented things.

Grunge Club

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-05 22:31:26

I love Nirvana and Foo Fighters and am somewhat familiar with Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots.

I've heard Rooster by Alice in Chains, Blackhole Sun by Soundgarden and Down by Stone Temple Pilots, but other than that, does anyone have any suggestions for the latter four bands?

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-05 22:59:58

At 11/5/12 10:31 PM, Scarface wrote: I love Nirvana and Foo Fighters and am somewhat familiar with Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots.

I've heard Rooster by Alice in Chains, Blackhole Sun by Soundgarden and Down by Stone Temple Pilots, but other than that, does anyone have any suggestions for the latter four bands?

Listen to:
All of Ten and Vs for Pearl Jam
Superunknown, Down On The Upside, and Louder Than Love for Soundgarden
Don't really know what to suggest for Foo Fighters...I guess The Colour And The Shape
As for Nirvana....I dont know what I could recommend for them. I love EVERYTHING they have released. So I guess try...Bleach, Incesticide, and if you wanna get an idea as to whats on the With The Lights Out box set listen to Silver: The Best Of The Box. It gives you the general idea as to whats on there. So if you end up not liking the stuff on there you'd probably not like the box set

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-06 06:56:41

Welcome Destrayop! Got any recommendations for Filter? I only know one song of theirs and I bet anyone who knows filter can guess which song.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-06 19:40:29

At 11/6/12 06:56 AM, J-Rex wrote: Welcome Destrayop! Got any recommendations for Filter? I only know one song of theirs and I bet anyone who knows filter can guess which song.

Let me take a guess-- First track off of this album
Short Bus kicks ass.

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-06 21:12:08

At 11/6/12 07:40 PM, Destrayop wrote:
At 11/6/12 06:56 AM, J-Rex wrote: Welcome Destrayop! Got any recommendations for Filter? I only know one song of theirs and I bet anyone who knows filter can guess which song.
Let me take a guess-- First track off of this album
Short Bus kicks ass.

Yeah and thanks I'll listen to it later tonight.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-06 22:13:30

dis album right here

Grunge Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-08 16:31:06

At 11/6/12 10:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: dis album right here

Dirt is epic
Although I like Tripod more....

Tripod = self titled for anyone who doesn't know

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-09 02:30:06

Name - SHauna
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Green River, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Tad, The Gits, and Mad Season....Stone Temple Pilots(I don't concider them grunge tho)

Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Head Creeps, Long Gone Day, Breath, World Wide Suicide, God Am, In'N out of Grace, Mexican Seafood

Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Dirt, Ten, Louder than love, facelift, ultra mega OK, Insesticide, Superfuzz bigmuff, Temple of the Dog, Apple, Above
About Yourself - I like all things grunge, really. But not "Hole"....I am a wannabe drummer and am working to become an art teacher in college. My students will have numerous music related art projects...

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-09 09:21:27

At 11/9/12 02:30 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Name - SHauna
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Green River, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Tad, The Gits, and Mad Season....Stone Temple Pilots(I don't concider them grunge tho)

Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Head Creeps, Long Gone Day, Breath, World Wide Suicide, God Am, In'N out of Grace, Mexican Seafood

Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Dirt, Ten, Louder than love, facelift, ultra mega OK, Insesticide, Superfuzz bigmuff, Temple of the Dog, Apple, Above
About Yourself - I like all things grunge, really. But not "Hole"....I am a wannabe drummer and am working to become an art teacher in college. My students will have numerous music related art projects...

Two things.
1. Your name is Shauna? For some reason that sounds weird to me....mainly because I have never met anyone named Shauna ever in my entire life ._.
2. I like the Pearl Jam shirt in your profile pic. I only have 2 Nirvana shirts when it comes to Grunge bands.

sorry for like...i dont know derailing anything. just felt like getting that stuff out of the way now instead of doing it later.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-09 12:17:47

ermahgerd geruenge cleb

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-09 19:46:11

NIRVANA ROCKS!!!
i love grunge
my two favorite grunge bands are nirvana and seether!!

I make techno music :3

SoundCloud

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-09 21:09:51

At 11/9/12 07:46 PM, Merpy wrote: NIRVANA ROCKS!!!
i love grunge
my two favorite grunge bands are nirvana and seether!!

Listen to
This, This, This, This, and This.

You're welcome. If you've listened to them before theres no reason you can't listen again.

I wanted to get a link for Apple but for some reason I couldn't find one....which is weird ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 00:04:00

At 11/9/12 09:21 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/9/12 02:30 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
Two things.
1. Your name is Shauna? For some reason that sounds weird to me....mainly because I have never met anyone named Shauna ever in my entire life ._.
2. I like the Pearl Jam shirt in your profile pic. I only have 2 Nirvana shirts when it comes to Grunge bands.
sorry for like...i dont know derailing anything. just felt like getting that stuff out of the way now instead of doing it later.

I've actually never met anyone with my name either >.<
I own more grunge vinyls then I do shirts, I think I have 1 AICs shirt, 1 PJ shirt, 2 Nirvana shirts, and an Alice in the temple of pearl garden shirt, which I love to death.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 00:28:37

At 11/10/12 12:04 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I've actually never met anyone with my name either >.<
I own more grunge vinyls then I do shirts, I think I have 1 AICs shirt, 1 PJ shirt, 2 Nirvana shirts, and an Alice in the temple of pearl garden shirt, which I love to death.

I know plenty of Brandons though....

surprise surprise thats mah name ._.

I only own ONE grunge vinyl D: and thats a first pressing of Nirvana Bleach and its in mint condition

not bad for being 23 years old.

Then I have 7 Nirvana cds within arms reach, another copy of In Utero in my sister's room along with a copies of Come As You Are, In Bloom, and All Apologies/Rape Me (I have doubles of them since I bought the singles box set thing). The I have Facelift with the rest of my cds in my room. I got the Mother Love Bone CD that has everything from Apple and Shine on it. I also have my Louder Than Love and No. 4 by STP.
I need to get more physical copies of the crap I have....also need to steal my sister's Temple Of The Dog, Paw, and Mad Season xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 00:51:49

At 11/10/12 12:28 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/10/12 12:04 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
I need to get more physical copies of the crap I have....also need to steal my sister's Temple Of The Dog, Paw, and Mad Season xD

PAW!!! I FORGOT ABOUT PAW!! :(
I own Pearl Jam VS. vinyl, Soundgarden Badmoterfinger vinyl, Pearl Jam ten vinyl, Mudhoney's superfuzz bigmuff vinyl, Alice in Chains dirt vinyl, and Soundgarden Ultra mega O.K. vinyl. All in mint condition because I'm too scared to play them on a record player in fear of scratching them :( I really want to find Mad Season's Above on vinyl for less than 200$....also, Temple of the dog. Those two Vinyls are so expensive...

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 01:15:04

At 11/10/12 12:51 AM, xxxcreep wrote: PAW!!! I FORGOT ABOUT PAW!! :(

Ah thats okay. I completely forgot that I bought Ten xD

I own Pearl Jam VS. vinyl, Soundgarden Badmoterfinger vinyl, Pearl Jam ten vinyl, Mudhoney's superfuzz bigmuff vinyl, Alice in Chains dirt vinyl, and Soundgarden Ultra mega O.K. vinyl. All in mint condition because I'm too scared to play them on a record player in fear of scratching them :( I really want to find Mad Season's Above on vinyl for less than 200$....also, Temple of the dog. Those two Vinyls are so expensive...

I can never find any grunge vinyls around here....its always either: Metal, Classic Rock, or weird shit I've never heard of. Dude I have Abbey Road in relatively mint condition and I've played that a few times :3

best $1 I've ever spent.

I need to get some Dinosaur Jr as well even though they aren't really Grunge per say.....
My Bleach is in the best condition out of all of my other records next to Led Zeppelin IV and Led Zeppelin I. I actually have two copies of it. The vinyl, and the 20th anniversary deluxe edition with the live show added onto the end making it so it goes from having only 13 tracks to having 25. It also has a big book of pictures :3

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 02:31:04

I'm aware that I am a tad late for this but.
Newish Soundgarden
And if you haven't listened to it yet.
More Newish Soundgarden.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 04:10:17

At 11/10/12 02:31 AM, Viper50 wrote: I'm aware that I am a tad late for this but.
Newish Soundgarden
And if you haven't listened to it yet.
More Newish Soundgarden.

oooooooo KING ANIMAL!! I refuse to listen to it until I get my CD in my mail on the day it comes out, which is in 6 days :D I pre-ordered it like almost a month ago. I'm so excited for it to come out.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 09:24:49

At 11/10/12 04:10 AM, xxxcreep wrote: oooooooo KING ANIMAL!! I refuse to listen to it until I get my CD in my mail on the day it comes out, which is in 6 days :D I pre-ordered it like almost a month ago. I'm so excited for it to come out.

I forgot to pre-order it ._.

im such a failure ,_,

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 13:18:14

At 11/10/12 09:24 AM, Viper50 wrote:
I forgot to pre-order it ._.
im such a failure ,_,

You still have a week left :) oooor you can get it on itunes any other time. I ordered mine on amazon so it has a few demos on it. I think the itunes version is a little different and added different demos or something

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 13:30:32

At 11/10/12 01:18 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 11/10/12 09:24 AM, Viper50 wrote: I forgot to pre-order it ._.
im such a failure ,_,
You still have a week left :) oooor you can get it on itunes any other time. I ordered mine on amazon so it has a few demos on it. I think the itunes version is a little different and added different demos or something

I'll probably just buy it when it comes out....thats what I did with Apocryphon by The Sword. But I might order it who knows ._.
Also I don't have iTunes. Mainly because I don't have an iPod or any mp3 player to justify my having it.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-10 16:33:13

Welcome Shauna!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-12 05:47:39

At 11/10/12 04:33 PM, J-Rex wrote: Welcome Shauna!

Hello, Hello :)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-12 19:26:09

I wish there were more of us on Newgrounds to share the love of grunge.

BBS Signature