00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

alexautum just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,843 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2015-11-25 12:28:32

So just wanted to mention a new documentary that i saw yesterday on kurt cobain's death
it shows more indepth info and it all leads to homicide and not suicide

and yet they wont reopen the case because they don't want to admit they screwed up so royally

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2016-03-12 10:01:01 (edited 2016-03-12 10:01:22)

At 10/31/12 06:40 PM, Atlas wrote: Just fill out the form below and your more than likely in.

I am in, here is my form:

Name - Pipe
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Mother Love Bone, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots.
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Stardog Champion, Sea Of Sorrow and Don't Follow.
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Alice In Chains (self-titled), Badmotorfinger and Apple.

Wanna hear a joke? You... there it is! :D

Response to Grunge Club 2016-10-14 17:52:41

At 10/14/16 05:45 PM, Wkay wrote: Name: Wkay
Favorite Grunge Band(s): Shinedown, Seether, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, and Stone Temple Pilots
Favorite Grunge Song(s): Save Me, Fake It, Fly from the Inside, Yer Majesty, Sex Type Thing, The Pretender, Atmosphere, We Die Young, Rooster, Carried Away
Favorite Grunge Album(s): Leave a Whisper, Ten, Us and Them, Dirt, Echoes, Silence Patience & Grace, and Sound of Madness
About Yourself: Hardcore Shinedown fan since forever.

Are Shinedown "Grunge"? I thought they were just Hard Rock. Either way, hi. Welcome to the club. There hasn't been like ANY activity here for a long ass time so I don't know how you found this haha.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2016-10-14 19:51:49

At 10/14/16 06:02 PM, Wkay wrote: They are a rock band, but most of their songs turn out to be grunge.
(Also I found this because a moderator locked my thread and linked me to this.)

Makes sense. Though now we need to get more members in here to start up and keep a conversation going.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2019-07-20 14:43:52

Name - Will

Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana & Soundgarden... so far

Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Smells Like Teen Spirit (obviously), Black Hole Sun, Come As You Are, Lithium, Rape Me, Heart Shaped Box and Something In The Way (Because fuck it)

Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero & MTV Unplugged in New York

About Yourself - I listen to other bands that don't fit the Grunge genre

Have fun reading the part of the right >:)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2021-06-13 00:37:43

Bush is really an under rated grunge band, anyone like Glycerine?

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2021-12-10 22:59:20

What do y’all think of sludge (as in sludge metal/sludgecore)?

Response to Grunge Club 2021-12-12 13:42:23

At 12/10/21 10:59 PM, Axemanng wrote: What do y’all think of sludge (as in sludge metal/sludgecore)?

The first sludge-esque song I heard was Sludge Factory by Alice in Chains. I wasn't huge on it at first and still really haven't given it a big try. That said, I do love the Melvins and When The Kite String Pops by Acid Bath. Besides that, I'm really not well versed. Any recommendations?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2021-12-12 16:36:51

At 12/12/21 01:42 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 12/10/21 10:59 PM, Axemanng wrote: What do y’all think of sludge (as in sludge metal/sludgecore)?
The first sludge-esque song I heard was Sludge Factory by Alice in Chains. I wasn't huge on it at first and still really haven't given it a big try. That said, I do love the Melvins and When The Kite String Pops by Acid Bath. Besides that, I'm really not well versed. Any recommendations?

While I may be more well versed in sludge, to be completely honest, I only really like what I’ve heard of the Melvins (they’re pretty rad) and the song “lasting dose” by Crowbar. I just wanted to better understand the relationship between the two genres myself.

Response to Grunge Club 2021-12-15 02:02:15

At 12/12/21 04:36 PM, Axemanng wrote: While I may be more well versed in sludge, to be completely honest, I only really like what I’ve heard of the Melvins (they’re pretty rad) and the song “lasting dose” by Crowbar. I just wanted to better understand the relationship between the two genres myself.

I'll have to check that Crowbar song out. All I can figure out for the relationship is the Melvins helped create Sludge and Grunge and I know everybody in the Grunge was friends or admired them. I can only assume the same for Sludge.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2022-09-08 15:33:15

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2022-09-17 00:32:47 (edited 2022-09-17 00:32:58)

At 9/8/22 03:33 PM, @DrunkGecko wrote:

I'm rocking with this.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2022-09-27 20:36:20

Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Tad, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr.

Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Any song by AiC, Tighter and Tighter, Zero Chance, Pork Chop, Little Fury Things, Pretend That We're Dead, Come As You Are, My Song, Jesus Hands

Favorite Grunge Album(s) - All of AiC's albums, Down On The Upside, Live Through This, You're Living All Over Me, Above, Houdini, Boggy Depot, BadMotorFinger, Nirvana Unplugged

About Yourself - Nothing in my life is interesting to list...

Response to Grunge Club 2022-09-28 08:13:46

At 9/27/22 08:36 PM, voidbl4nk wrote: Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Tad, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr.
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Any song by AiC, Tighter and Tighter, Zero Chance, Pork Chop, Little Fury Things, Pretend That We're Dead, Come As You Are, My Song, Jesus Hands
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - All of AiC's albums, Down On The Upside, Live Through This, You're Living All Over Me, Above, Houdini, Boggy Depot, BadMotorFinger, Nirvana Unplugged
About Yourself - Nothing in my life is interesting to list...

Nice to see some Dinosaur Jr. love!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2022-09-28 20:23:11 (edited 2022-09-28 20:25:03)

the pillows is fire

"Stalker"

"Stalker goes to Babylon"

"Advice"

"Sleepy Head"

"One Life"

"Last Dinosaur"

"Hybrid Rainbow"

"Third Eye"

"White Ash"

"Nightmare"

"Come Down"