00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,849 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-28 00:51:45

At 11/27/12 05:52 PM, SineRider wrote: Are the Afghan Whigs considered grunge? I always liked them quite a bit

I believe so, I have a grunge compilation vinyl with a track from them on it and they were a huge part of Subpop in the late 80s-90s I think. I also have a music video by them on DVD. They rock.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-28 22:36:13

At 11/27/12 05:52 PM, SineRider wrote: Are the Afghan Whigs considered grunge? I always liked them quite a bit

Hmm...I've always thought of them Alt. Rock and a bit Grunge...
Liked the song though.
Need to listen to them more.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-28 22:41:18

At 11/28/12 10:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Hmm...I've always thought of them Alt. Rock and a bit Grunge...
Liked the song though.
Need to listen to them more.

Yeah, I've always felt they teetered on the line of grunge. I mean they were around the same time, but I also get a alt rock, and soul sort of vibe from them. Gentlemen is easily one of my favorite albums from the 90s. Check that one out if you haven't! They played a show in Boston not too long ago, and I'm bummed I missed out on it.

Can anyone recommend any bands similar to them?

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-29 00:27:26

Heeeey guys it's Matt Cameron's birthday todaaaay. The sexiest drummer alive. And he doesn't even age even tho hes now 50.

Grunge Club

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-29 09:34:50

At 11/29/12 12:27 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Heeeey guys it's Matt Cameron's birthday todaaaay.

Happy day of Birth Matt Cameron!

The sexiest drummer alive.

Thats debateable on my end.....

And he doesn't even age even tho hes now 50.

Hes like Johnny Depp....but...in drummer form.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-29 16:40:19

I probably have about 50 different reactions in GIF form of every member of Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-29 17:19:10

At 11/27/12 10:11 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/27/12 09:57 PM, Destrayop wrote: Who is this drummer that we know of :l?
I could have sworn Erami said she plays drums....I'm probably wrong though ._.

Pretty sure Erami just dabbles around on guitar, dude xD

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-29 18:12:22

At 11/29/12 05:19 PM, Destrayop wrote:
At 11/27/12 10:11 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/27/12 09:57 PM, Destrayop wrote: Who is this drummer that we know of :l?
I could have sworn Erami said she plays drums....I'm probably wrong though ._.
Pretty sure Erami just dabbles around on guitar, dude xD

Oh.
Well never mind then.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-30 12:55:30

Can we please never forget Jerry Cantrell dressed as a women?
Nona Tapes part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Grunge Club

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-30 17:50:19

At 11/30/12 12:55 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Can we please never forget Jerry Cantrell dressed as a women?
Nona Tapes part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Totally forgot about that....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-30 18:19:49

At 11/30/12 03:28 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 11/30/12 12:55 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Can we please never forget Jerry Cantrell dressed as a women?
Nona Tapes part 1
Part 2
Part 3
How do you think he should be ashamed of that? He wore them very nicely.

He makes the most handsome women eveeer. haha I put all the the nona tapes on DVD >.< its so funny.
Sean Kinney dressed as a clown oh my gosh. They are possibly the most hilarious grunge band of them all.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-30 19:59:14

At 11/30/12 06:26 PM, Provoke wrote: And yet they can make you cry so easily (personal confession, right there). Also, I'm arguing with myself over Screaming Trees, just heard one of their songs and it nearly snapped me in two.

Ooooo what song?
I love this song

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-01 19:09:29

Felt like sharing this on here since Kim Thayil plays guitar on this song.
Sunn O))) & Boris - Blood Swamp

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-02 01:18:17

At 12/1/12 07:11 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 11/30/12 07:59 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 11/30/12 06:26 PM, Provoke wrote: And yet they can make you cry so easily (personal confession, right there). Also, I'm arguing with myself over Screaming Trees, just heard one of their songs and it nearly snapped me in two.
Ooooo what song?
I love this song
Nearly lost you, I am torn if it is grunge or not.

Yes Yes, they are grunge. They were a very very very important part of Grunge music ;)
I have the book, "Everybody loves our town", It's about grunge music and it is probably the best book I've ever read. It made me cry at parts :( But Screaming trees is in it alot :)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-03 23:36:31

At 12/3/12 03:16 PM, Provoke wrote: Virgin eyes and dirty looks
On what I have and why I took
Counting all the hands I shook
Now I know why you been shaking
Now I know why you been shaking
NOW I KNOW WHY YOU BEEN SHAKING
NOW I KNOW WHY YOU BEEN SHAKING

Slaves And Bulldozers <3
I think my favorite Soundgarden song will have to be Let me Drown:
Stretch the bones over my skin
Stretch the skin over my head
I'm going to the holy land
Stretch the marks over my eyes
Burn the candles deep inside
Yeah you know where I'm coming from
Give up to greed, you don't have to feed me
Give up to fate, you don't have to need me
So let it go, let it go, won't you let it
Drown me in you, drown me in you, drown me in you

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 18:39:34

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 19:53:58

At 12/4/12 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote: Balah
Update on Alice In Chains' new album.

I haven't been able to listen to the whole Alice in Chains album with William Duvall. It's just not the same without Layne, ya know? I loved Black Gives Way to Blue

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 20:00:22

Speaking of Layne Staley, is anyone going to the memorial tribute thing in Seattle next year? I am. I really want to meet Nancy(Layne's mother)and Xana La Fuente(Andy Wood's ex)

Grunge Club

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 21:13:06

At 12/4/12 07:53 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 12/4/12 06:39 PM, Viper50 wrote: Balah
Update on Alice In Chains' new album.
I haven't been able to listen to the whole Alice in Chains album with William Duvall. It's just not the same without Layne, ya know? I loved Black Gives Way to Blue

I liked Black Gives Way To Blue. Granted I wont deny the fact its not the same without Layne, but I still liked it almost as much as any other Alice In Chains album.

At 12/4/12 08:00 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Speaking of Layne Staley, is anyone going to the memorial tribute thing in Seattle next year? I am. I really want to meet Nancy(Layne's mother)and Xana La Fuente(Andy Wood's ex)

I'm not. Because I live nowhere near there and I have NO way of getting there no matter what.

Sorry if I come off as a bit irritated...I'm not really in the mood to talk to people right now....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 22:22:57

Hey guys. Not sure if it's a little to late to do this, but here goes...

Name - Red
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Screaming Trees, Mad Season, Marcy Playground (postgrunge)
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Aero Zeppelin, Very Ape, Scentless Apprentice, If You Must, In Bloom, No Excuses, Would?, Angry Chair, Heaven Beside You, The Day I Tried To Live, Blow Up The Outside World, Vasoline, Sex Type Thing, Plush, Creep; to name a few...
Favorite Grunge Album(s) -Bleach, Nevermind, Dirt, Elephantasm, Core, Purple, Marcy Playground
About Yourself - I listen to many other genre's, Grunge/Alternative being the most prominent.

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 23:25:46

At 12/4/12 09:13 PM, Viper50 wrote: I liked Black Gives Way To Blue. Granted I wont deny the fact its not the same without Layne, but I still liked it almost as much as any other Alice In Chains album.

At 12/4/12 08:00 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Speaking of Layne Staley, is anyone going to the memorial tribute thing in Seattle next year? I am. I really want to meet Nancy(Layne's mother)and Xana La Fuente(Andy Wood's ex)
I'm not. Because I live nowhere near there and I have NO way of getting there no matter what.
Sorry if I come off as a bit irritated...I'm not really in the mood to talk to people right now....

I only live in california so all I gotta do is take a few busses or a train I think :o
I love the song Black Gives way to Blue, it makes me cry when I'm drunk :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 23:36:17

At 12/4/12 11:25 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I only live in california so all I gotta do is take a few busses or a train I think :o

I live in Illinois....so Seattle isn't exactly a hop a skip and a jump away for me...

I love the song Black Gives way to Blue, it makes me cry when I'm drunk :'(

I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs :3

straight edge 4 lyfe brah hahaha

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-04 23:59:23

Shit we didn't welcome the new dude.

Welcome new dude.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 01:00:14

At 12/4/12 10:22 PM, RudeGorilla wrote: Name - Red
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Screaming Trees, Mad Season, Marcy Playground (postgrunge)

Your name is "Red" like in pokemon? haha just kidding.
You have excellent taste in music. Welcome :3

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 02:16:11

At 12/4/12 10:22 PM, RudeGorilla wrote: Hey guys. Not sure if it's a little to late to do this, but here goes...

Name - Red

I just noticed that Pearl Jam isn't on your favorite grunge bands list, Here are some great Pearl Jam songs:
My favorite one of the week
One of my all-time favorites
The greatest Pearl Jam song with an adorable performance.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 17:13:37

At 12/5/12 05:16 AM, Provoke wrote:
At 12/5/12 02:16 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I just noticed that Pearl Jam isn't on your favorite grunge bands list, Here are some great Pearl Jam songs:
It's is understandable why he didn't place Pearl Jam in the list, out of the four grunge greats, they are the less hard edged of the group.

Yea they mellowed out alot. I hope their new album doesn't suck, I didn't like Backspacer.
Oh, I heard that Stone Temple Pilots might break up.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 17:32:43

At 12/5/12 05:13 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Oh, I heard that Stone Temple Pilots might break up.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can't break up!!!! Not before I get to see them live!!!!!!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 18:11:13

At 12/5/12 05:32 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:13 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Oh, I heard that Stone Temple Pilots might break up.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can't break up!!!! Not before I get to see them live!!!!!!

They are on a hiatus and the band is angry about Scott's drinking :( He is also going around saying he really wants to get back together with Velvet Revolver(which would be kinda cool)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 18:33:21

At 12/5/12 06:11 PM, xxxcreep wrote: They are on a hiatus and the band is angry about Scott's drinking :( He is also going around saying he really wants to get back together with Velvet Revolver(which would be kinda cool)

Crap.....

Also I am indifferent when it comes to Velvet Revolver.
Not just for the fact that I think Slash is overrated...
But mainly because I can honestly say I only know like 3 songs by them and only one by name
And that is Slither

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-05 18:42:50

At 12/5/12 06:33 PM, Viper50 wrote: Crap.....

Also I am indifferent when it comes to Velvet Revolver.
Not just for the fact that I think Slash is overrated...
But mainly because I can honestly say I only know like 3 songs by them and only one by name
And that is Slither

This is my only favorite VR song
I don't know many songs by them either. I think Slash is the only reason that VR isn't asking Scott to join again. Scott Weiland is very similar to Axl Rose. Drinking, showing up late for shows, ect....But when I saw them, they didn't show up late and they were really good.

BBS Signature