00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,615 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 10:59:41

At 11/20/12 09:56 AM, Viper50 wrote: Although if Soundgarden and Pearl Jam toured together we could have Temple Of The Dog and M.A.C.C. reunions.

I really wish that could happen some day :( I don't know if Matt Cameron could handle it haha. If Matt Cameron dies, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam would probably break up :(

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 11:39:52

At 11/20/12 10:59 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I really wish that could happen some day :( I don't know if Matt Cameron could handle it haha. If Matt Cameron dies, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam would probably break up :(

Yeah haha.
But still that would suck D:

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-21 01:04:51

At 11/20/12 11:39 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/20/12 10:59 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I really wish that could happen some day :( I don't know if Matt Cameron could handle it haha. If Matt Cameron dies, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam would probably break up :(
Yeah haha.

Yea Matt Cameron is one of my favorite drummers, with Sean Kinney as my second, then Dave Abbruzzese as third

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-21 01:23:24

At 11/21/12 01:04 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
Yeah haha.
Yea Matt Cameron is one of my favorite drummers, with Sean Kinney as my second, then Dave Abbruzzese as third

Same here grunge wise.
Along with Chad Channing, Sean Kinney, and Dan Peters.

For other genres of music my favorites are
Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Neil Pert, Justin Greaves (he played on my favorite Electric Wizard album), and so on and so forth.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-21 18:19:53

At 11/21/12 02:57 PM, Provoke wrote: Not much of a big grungehead, but I guess I'll join this gang of dirty rockers.
Favourite Bands: Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam.
Favourite Albums: Everything by Alice In Chains, Badmotorfinger, superunknown.

Not much of a start, I know, but I trust you guys could show me some good bands and albums to listen to.
I'm much more knowledged into metal anyway.

Hey dude.
You didn't tell us your name!!! o:
Doesn't really matter though ._. welcome to the club I guess....but I think you might need J-Rex to welcome you ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-22 02:17:29

At 11/21/12 02:57 PM, Provoke wrote: Not much of a big grungehead, but I guess I'll join this gang of dirty rockers.
Favourite Bands: Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam.
Favourite Albums: Everything by Alice In Chains, Badmotorfinger, superunknown.

Not much of a start, I know, but I trust you guys could show me some good bands and albums to listen to.
I'm much more knowledged into metal anyway.

Welcome Welcome! The more the merrier, because there is only like 3 or 4 people in this club.
Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden are amazing amazing amazing.
You should check out, Tad, Mudhoney, Green River, Mother Love Bone, and Mad Season. If you like women singers, you should check out the Gits, Babes in Toyland, L7, 7 Year Bitch, and Hole.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-22 03:01:35

At 11/22/12 02:17 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Welcome Welcome! The more the merrier, because there is only like 3 or 4 people in this club.

If she starts coming here more then it'll be just one dude and two dudettes ._.

Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden are amazing amazing amazing.
You should check out, Tad, Mudhoney, Green River, Mother Love Bone, and Mad Season. If you like women singers, you should check out the Gits, Babes in Toyland, L7, 7 Year Bitch, and Hole.

What about U-Men, Skin Yard, or Screaming Trees?
Or are the former considered punk and the latter being Alt. Rock?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-23 04:37:55

At 11/22/12 03:01 AM, Viper50 wrote:
If she starts coming here more then it'll be just one dude and two dudettes ._.

We need more dudes in here also, because I've met waaay more girls that like grunge music then men. Thank you, Tumblr. Creating crazy grunge fangirls since....whatever year it was made.

What about U-Men, Skin Yard, or Screaming Trees?
Or are the former considered punk and the latter being Alt. Rock?

The former?
I forgot to mention the Melvins if they count....and Seaweed. I can't believe I forgot those 3 bands tho :(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-23 08:07:19

At 11/23/12 04:37 AM, xxxcreep wrote: We need more dudes in here also, because I've met waaay more girls that like grunge music then men.

Yeah....I mean we have some other dudes that joined, but they pretty much dont even come here and say anything anymore.

Thank you, Tumblr. Creating crazy grunge fangirls since....whatever year it was made.

Ha.

The former?

The former would be the first ones. Whereas the latter would be the last one.

I forgot to mention the Melvins if they count....and Seaweed. I can't believe I forgot those 3 bands tho :(

The Melvins have been so many genres its not funny....and I totally forgot about Seaweed ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 18:55:11

Anybody on here interested in doing some kind of grunge collaboration sometime?

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 19:32:31

At 11/24/12 03:48 PM, Provoke wrote: My name is Laurie, if it is such a big deal.

Yes. It is a big deal ._.
We all need to be on a first name basis....at all times ._.

At 11/24/12 06:55 PM, Destrayop wrote: Anybody on here interested in doing some kind of grunge collaboration sometime?

I'll put it into consideration.....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 19:38:10

At 11/24/12 07:32 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/24/12 03:48 PM, Provoke wrote: My name is Laurie, if it is such a big deal.
Yes. It is a big deal ._.
We all need to be on a first name basis....at all times ._.

It is kind of a big deal l:

At 11/24/12 06:55 PM, Destrayop wrote: Anybody on here interested in doing some kind of grunge collaboration sometime?
I'll put it into consideration.....

I'm holding you to this one, broseph.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 20:25:40

At 11/24/12 07:38 PM, Destrayop wrote: I'm holding you to this one, broseph.

Dunno how well I can play Grunge music though ._.
You know I mainly play METUHL!!!!

Plague Of The Planet....look it up. Thanks Bahamut.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 22:04:55

Dunno how I hadn't listened to this band before...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_hjsPE6T0&feature=g-vrec

Or this ._.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7jIe4w-Z0Q&feature=g-vrec

I put this here instead of like....Metal Hell because it's not really metal but then again its not really "grunge" ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 23:27:01

I wooooould, If I knew how to play any other instrument other than the flute.
I have yet to buy a drumset. I will become the new Matt Cameron one day.

At 11/24/12 10:04 PM, Viper50 wrote: Dunno how I hadn't listened to this band before...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_hjsPE6T0&feature=g-vrec

GRUNTRUCK!!!! R.I.P. Ben McMillan. They are pretty great tho. I don't have any of their music currently on my ipod, Now I have been reminded to do that right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-24 23:35:40

At 11/24/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I wooooould, If I knew how to play any other instrument other than the flute.

We could totally do a cover of Jethro Tull.....

GRUNTRUCK!!!! R.I.P. Ben McMillan. They are pretty great tho. I don't have any of their music currently on my ipod, Now I have been reminded to do that right now.

Yeah I seriously didn't know how I hadn't listened to them before....
Stuff like that just...boggles my mind ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 03:54:40

At 11/24/12 11:35 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/24/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I wooooould, If I knew how to play any other instrument other than the flute.

What instruments can you play?

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 04:12:20

At 11/25/12 03:54 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 11/24/12 11:35 PM, Viper50 wrote:
What instruments can you play?

Guitar, bass guitar, trumpet, kazoo, recorder, and stuff like that.
Couldn't play drums to save my life nor can I sing.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 04:18:37

At 11/24/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote:

Flute can be implemented in many awesome ways xD all depends on the piece in question, and how/when it's used.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 04:53:20

At 11/25/12 04:18 AM, Destrayop wrote:
At 11/24/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
Flute can be implemented in many awesome ways xD all depends on the piece in question, and how/when it's used.

I don't think I've ever heard the flute in grunge music. I feel like searching that now...it sounds interesting.
This song has the most instruments I've heard in a grunge song

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 14:18:57

We should totally cover Green Mind by Dinosaur Jr. ._.

even though they're not grunge ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 16:00:07

At 11/25/12 04:53 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
I don't think I've ever heard the flute in grunge music. I feel like searching that now...it sounds interesting.
This song has the most instruments I've heard in a grunge song

I'd imagine it as some psychedelic grunge fusion kind of thing.

Mad season kicks ass; That's some pretty insane chromatic/harmonic minorish stuff that the sax player is doing, I also like how he throws in the melody to come as you are in there a few times--A favorite of mine by them is this tune right here.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-25 23:05:48

At 11/25/12 04:00 PM, Destrayop wrote: Mad season kicks ass; That's some pretty insane chromatic/harmonic minorish stuff that the sax player is doing, I also like how he throws in the melody to come as you are in there a few times--A favorite of mine by them is this tune right here.

I love that song, you can tell how hurt Layne was from his break-up with Demri Parrott. She was such a beauty.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 00:11:04

At 11/25/12 11:05 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 11/25/12 04:00 PM, Destrayop wrote: Mad season kicks ass; That's some pretty insane chromatic/harmonic minorish stuff that the sax player is doing, I also like how he throws in the melody to come as you are in there a few times--A favorite of mine by them is this tune right here.
I love that song, you can tell how hurt Layne was from his break-up with Demri Parrott. She was such a beauty.

Some of the best music comes from pain, unfortunately.
A very bitter-sweet composing mechanism.

At 11/26/12 04:06 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 11/25/12 03:54 AM, xxxcreep wrote: What instruments can you play?
I can play bass (upright or carry)and guitar occasionally, but I'm trained in viola and violin, since one of the homes I lived in they wanted me to be in a orchestra (fat chance). I also can play half and climbing of AIC's setlist on bass, since I need to play all of tripod before I die. Guitar, not so much.
I know you didn't ask me that, but hell, I'm bored.

Seems pretty legit-- I just play acoustic/electric guitar and my friend's bass (Whenever given the opportunity)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 00:26:10

At 11/26/12 04:06 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 11/25/12 03:54 AM, xxxcreep wrote: What instruments can you play?
I can play bass (upright or carry)and guitar occasionally, but I'm trained in viola and violin, since one of the homes I lived in they wanted me to be in a orchestra (fat chance). I also can play half and climbing of AIC's setlist on bass, since I need to play all of tripod before I die. Guitar, not so much.
I know you didn't ask me that, but hell, I'm bored.

Head Creeps and So Close are my favorites of that album, I wonder how they would sound on the Viola or Violin. I'm very curious now.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 00:30:42

So close to having a full band here....anyone know a drummer that is a user on here who listens to Grunge music?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 16:05:38

At 11/27/12 02:51 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 11/27/12 12:30 AM, Viper50 wrote: So close to having a full band here....anyone know a drummer that is a user on here who listens to Grunge music?
I know two people who know how to play drums, but they hate this website with a passion.
Don't know how

Really? Weird....
Well I think me and Nick (Destrayop) know someone that plays drums...but they're pretty much never on here at all.

me and him have been on a first name basis for awhile now....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 17:52:09

Are the Afghan Whigs considered grunge? I always liked them quite a bit

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 21:57:35

At 11/27/12 04:05 PM, Viper50 wrote: Really? Weird....
Well I think me and Nick (Destrayop) know someone that plays drums...but they're pretty much never on here at all.

Who is this drummer that we know of :l?

At 11/27/12 05:52 PM, SineRider wrote: Are the Afghan Whigs considered grunge? I always liked them quite a bit

I'd consider that grunge-- Pretty badass tunes, man.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-27 22:11:34

At 11/27/12 09:57 PM, Destrayop wrote:
At 11/27/12 04:05 PM, Viper50 wrote: Really? Weird....
Who is this drummer that we know of :l?

I could have sworn Erami said she plays drums....I'm probably wrong though ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature