00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Asora92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,838 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-09 23:23:31

At 1/9/13 10:34 PM, xxxcreep wrote: There we go :3
Adorable Keith Moon looking like a young Robert Downey Jr.
I am still awaiting t get a drum set :'( Me and my friend are picking out a name for our band. I can't decide. She doesn't like Alice in Chains, but she wants to name our band after an Alice in Chains song. She likes the name "Rotten Apple" but I'm not so sure. There is probably an AIC cover band named that lol

Thats really weird. For the whole not liking Alice In Chains, but wanting to name your band after one of their songs.

I want to name a band after an Electric Wizard, Sleep, or Reverend Bizarre song but thats a bit off topic.

Hmm....what about Social Parasite, I Can't Remember, Grind, Heaven Beside You, or King Of The Kats?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-10 22:26:29

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-16 10:59:19

gahh sorry i havent been on in awhile, my college classes for this semester started :o
plus ive been playing eden eternal alot.

Hey I'm saving up for a drumset. I'm sad because I don't think they sell Premier drums anymore. I think Premier went out of business or something :'( Idk what kind of drumset to buy now. Like yamaha?

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-16 11:07:14

At 1/16/13 10:59 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Hey I'm saving up for a drumset. I'm sad because I don't think they sell Premier drums anymore. I think Premier went out of business or something :'( Idk what kind of drumset to buy now. Like yamaha?

Premier went out of business? o.O

I guess Yamaha would be okay....
Or you could try ddrum. But I don't know how much their stuff is.....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-17 22:40:37

At 1/16/13 11:07 AM, Viper50 wrote: Premier went out of business? o.O

I think so, I went looking for a certain drumset. It think it was called "Spirit of Lily" by premier.
I want a double bass drumset. That would be lovely.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-17 22:47:48

At 1/17/13 10:40 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 1/16/13 11:07 AM, Viper50 wrote: Premier went out of business? o.O
I think so, I went looking for a certain drumset. It think it was called "Spirit of Lily" by premier.
I want a double bass drumset. That would be lovely.

I saw a thing that said its a $12,000 kit o.O

Also a bit on or off topic. Are we still going to do that collab thingy where we as a club cover a song?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-19 20:35:33

At 1/17/13 10:47 PM, Viper50 wrote: Also a bit on or off topic. Are we still going to do that collab thingy where we as a club cover a song?

Oh whaaat we were doin that? lol that would be cool but idk how wed do it

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-19 20:46:18

At 1/19/13 08:35 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 1/17/13 10:47 PM, Viper50 wrote: Also a bit on or off topic. Are we still going to do that collab thingy where we as a club cover a song?
Oh whaaat we were doin that? lol that would be cool but idk how wed do it

Well I'm 100% on board for doing that. It would be relatively easy. Whoever is doing their parts record them and we get someone put it all together and then submit it or whatever.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-19 20:51:25

This isn't grunge but the singer was in a grunge band.
The Atomic Bitchwax

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-23 11:09:20

At 1/19/13 08:46 PM, Viper50 wrote: Well I'm 100% on board for doing that. It would be relatively easy. Whoever is doing their parts record them and we get someone put it all together and then submit it or whatever.

What song would we do?

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-23 11:11:12

So apparently Soundgarden are already writing new music ._.
I think this is craziness......

At 1/23/13 11:09 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 1/19/13 08:46 PM, Viper50 wrote: Well I'm 100% on board for doing that. It would be relatively easy. Whoever is doing their parts record them and we get someone put it all together and then submit it or whatever.
What song would we do?

I dunno. We could ask whoever else comes on here.

though I haven't seen Provoke or Destrayop visiting this thread in awhile....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-24 21:27:03

Anyone know where I can find more info out about the band No Talent?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-29 20:00:17

Ugh, havent posted here in a while :o
In a month I get to see Soundgarden, I've seen some of their setlists since their tour started and they are playing fucking awesome songs :o cant waaaait

Also, Layne Staley's dad is selling his car...And the new Soundgarden music video is funny, and it has that Deadmouse guy in it

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-29 20:09:38

At 1/29/13 08:00 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Ugh, havent posted here in a while :o
In a month I get to see Soundgarden, I've seen some of their setlists since their tour started and they are playing fucking awesome songs :o cant waaaait

And I'm still not going to be able to see them :/

Also, Layne Staley's dad is selling his car...And the new Soundgarden music video is funny,

I would kill to have that car o.o
Also this made me lose all faith in humanity....
http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=956870

and it has that Deadmouse guy in it

I dunno if I want to watch it....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-30 11:04:59

At 1/29/13 08:09 PM, Viper50 wrote:

Its funny, they like kick him out of the club and play their music, and like deadmouse turns into a whiny little bitch and calls the police lol

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-30 12:27:51

At 1/30/13 11:04 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 1/29/13 08:09 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Its funny, they like kick him out of the club and play their music, and like deadmouse turns into a whiny little bitch and calls the police lol

Well now I think I need to watch this haha

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-30 23:03:01

Who wants to make a Grunge supergroup?

Don't just say Temple Of The Dog.

You can have two of each so in a way it's two bands. They can be dead or alive.

Vocals - Gavin Rossdale & Layne Staley

Lead Guitar - Jerry Cantrell & Mike McCready

Rhythm Guitar - Chris Cornell ( I wouldn't mind if he jumped in for vocals everyone once in awhile.) & Dave Navarro.

Bass Guitar - Dave Parsons & Kris Novoselic

Drums - Matt Cameron & Dave Grohl

Your turn club!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-31 04:13:55

At 1/30/13 11:03 PM, J-Rex wrote: Who wants to make a Grunge supergroup?

Vocals - Kurt Cobain & Mark Arm
Lead Guitar - Jerry Cantrell & Steve Turner
Rhythm Guitar - Mark Arm (again...) & Buzz Osbourne
Bass Guitar - Mike Starr & Krist Novoselic
Drums - Matt Cameron & Sean Kinney

wow thats terrible^

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-01-31 06:52:10

At 1/31/13 04:13 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/30/13 11:03 PM, J-Rex wrote: Who wants to make a Grunge supergroup?
Vocals - Kurt Cobain & Mark Arm
Lead Guitar - Jerry Cantrell & Steve Turner
Rhythm Guitar - Mark Arm (again...) & Buzz Osbourne
Bass Guitar - Mike Starr & Krist Novoselic
Drums - Matt Cameron & Sean Kinney
wow thats terrible^

Sweet band!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-01 17:09:05

Vocals- Eddie Vedder and Layne Staley
Lead Guitar- Jerry Cantrell or Mike Mccready
Bass- ermm Ben Shepherd or Jeff Ament
Rhythm Guitar- Stone Gossard
Drums- Matt Cameron or Dave Abruzeeze(Cant spell his damn last name)
keyboard- BOOM GASPAR ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-01 17:33:01

It seems Matt Cameron & Jerry Cantrell should form a band based on our opinions.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-01 19:31:15

At 2/1/13 05:09 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Dave Abruzeeze(Cant spell his damn last name)

It's Abbruzzese

just so you can remember how to spell it if you for some ODD reason need to.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-02 09:15:07

Rape me, Rape me my friend. Haze meeeeeee. do it and do it again. hahahaha

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-03 20:20:10

At 2/1/13 05:33 PM, J-Rex wrote: It seems Matt Cameron & Jerry Cantrell should form a band based on our opinions.

Yea :o

If I had the perfect band(without it even being all grunge)
I would change drummer to Keith Moon lol
Jerry Cantrell and Pete Townshend would make a wonderful matchup.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-04 13:32:42

At 2/4/13 01:23 PM, FistofGreedo wrote: Name - Alexander
Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, The Melvins
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - All apologies, Hunger Strike, Outshined, Would, Jeremy
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - In Utero, Nevermind, Facelift, Badmotorfinger
About Yourself - I play guitar.

Welcome Alex!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-04 16:41:12

i finally decided that since i cant make a good enough topic then i might as well join this one anyway im the number one staind fan anyone want to prove them selves worthy of being number 1 and a halve

Grunge Club

shortylong rocks the jersey shore

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-07 14:48:00

Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, The Melvins
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - All apologies, Hunger Strike, Outshined, Would, Jeremy

Welcome welcome!! Your a Mother love bone fan!! TBH theres not enough Mother Love bone fans in the world :( MLB is too awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-07 14:49:14

At 2/4/13 04:41 PM, sonicblast45 wrote: i finally decided that since i cant make a good enough topic then i might as well join this one anyway im the number one staind fan anyone want to prove them selves worthy of being number 1 and a halve

Im not a staind fan but I know that they loved Alice in Chains, and This Song Always makes me cry :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-07 15:34:16

Welcome.
Also are we EVER going to get a full on drummer person to join? I mean....we have like 4 or 5 guitarists and a bass player.
But no drummer. I mean xxxcreep has mentioned playing drums more than once before. But she doesn't have a kit at the moment (as far as I know >.>)

At 2/4/13 04:41 PM, sonicblast45 wrote: i finally decided that since i cant make a good enough topic then i might as well join this one anyway im the number one staind fan anyone want to prove them selves worthy of being number 1 and a halve

Can't say I like Staind all that much....
I'm okay with like 1 or 2 songs. But other than that I just don't listen to them.

At 2/7/13 02:48 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Welcome welcome!! Your a Mother love bone fan!! TBH theres not enough Mother Love bone fans in the world :( MLB is too awesome.

Yeah...but you gotta remember the DID only have one album and not much else. Because Andy Wood died right before Apple was released....which sucks because they had so much more to offer too...
Though they ARE responsible for Temple Of The Dog and Pearl Jam being a thing.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-02-08 15:19:05

At 2/7/13 03:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: I mean xxxcreep has mentioned playing drums more than once before. But she doesn't have a kit at the moment (as far as I know >.>)

No :( Not yet, i have to wait till march :'( But I know how to read drum sheet music and stuff which is awesome :o

Yeah...but you gotta remember the DID only have one album and not much else. Because Andy Wood died right before Apple was released....which sucks because they had so much more to offer too...
Though they ARE responsible for Temple Of The Dog and Pearl Jam being a thing.

Yea :( Its pretty disappointing, I want Mother Love Bone to still be around, but then Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam would have never been made, and Pearl Jam is my favorite band so it sucks :( And if Green River was still around then Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, AND Mudhoney would have never been made which is worse :o

BBS Signature