00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NanoSoft just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,840 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 04:13:09

At 12/13/12 02:09 AM, Viper50 wrote: Hmm...I haven't heard that ._.

HERE!

ugh, I wrote something on facebook on a page for a book about me just ignoring Nirvana if there is a reunion like I do with the new Alice in Chains, and Courtney Love wrote something about how Alice in Chains "asked her to tour with them" and blah blah she says maybe it was because she was "pure" or some shit idk. Courtney Love is a freak.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 10:14:35

At 12/13/12 04:13 AM, xxxcreep wrote: HERE!

Woo.

ugh, I wrote something on facebook on a page for a book about me just ignoring Nirvana if there is a reunion like I do with the new Alice in Chains, and Courtney Love wrote something about how Alice in Chains "asked her to tour with them" and blah blah she says maybe it was because she was "pure" or some shit idk. Courtney Love is a freak.

I actually like the newer Alice In Chains ._. granted they aren't as good as they were with Layne but still....

Ew. I don't want her to have anything to do with Alice In Chains.
She already has done a great deal to try screwing over Dave and Krist when it comes to Nirvana's stuff. I don't want her to try to do anything that may effect the remaining members of Alice In Chains.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 15:20:52

Oh hey if anyone here hasn't watched it yet...
heres the "new Nirvana song"

haha "New Nirvana"

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 17:47:11

At 12/13/12 03:52 PM, Provoke wrote: Thank you!

You're welcome!

I missed the concert, me of all people, and I totally forgot to search it up.

I watched almost all of it. Didn't watch all of Bruce Springsteen's set though...then again I'm not the biggest fan of him so no harm done.

I'm so fucking excited for it, although I am not a huge nirvana fan, I love insecticide. I hope paul stays with them to make a album (or two).

I think it may have been a one time thing :/
If it isn't I'd want someone other than Paul to sing because well....I don't think he can sing their other songs xD
And IF Nirvana gets back together I kinda want to hear their older stuff too...
I wonder who they could get to TRY to sing that stuff....I mean they could try having Dave sing but he has to drum. Unless they get Chad Channing to drum.

Although Dave did say that he is planning on possibly reforming Them Crooked Vultures with John Paul Jones and Josh Homme. Which I am excited for since I loved their first album. I know Dave is currently working on the new Queens Of The Stone Age album with: Josh Homme, Nick Oliveri, and Trent Reznor. So I'm excited for that as well.
Though I wish Krist were more around for playing music....Also since Foo Fighters are currently on hiatus I dont know what Pat Smear is going to be doing. Mainly since I don't know if hes currently involved in any other bands like Dave is.

I got an original copy of Incesticide from 1992 on cd and my brother broke the case!
Irritated the hell out of me...I had to look throughout my whole house to try to find a replacement for it....
Then again I have two copies of Bleach, a copy of Nevermind, and two copies of In Utero. Along with at one point having two copies of the singles for: In Bloom, Come As You Are, and All Apologies/Rape Me. The reason i had two copies was because I bought that Singles box set and ended up giving the doubles I had to my sister since she already had Lithium.

It's an original copy from like 1991 or 1992 or whenever the hell it came out that was never opened.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 23:40:05

At 12/13/12 03:52 PM, Provoke wrote:

:I love insecticide.

Yes! Insecticide is my favorite Nirvana album. Its just so raw and ugh just great :D

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-13 23:59:02

At 12/13/12 11:40 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 12/13/12 03:52 PM, Provoke wrote: I love insecticide.
Yes! Insecticide is my favorite Nirvana album. Its just so raw and ugh just great :D

Ya know I think thats the only album of theirs that I don't know at least half of the songs on guitar.
Out of all 15 tracks I can honestly say that I can only play 6.
Been A Son, Molly's Lips, (New Wave) Polly, Downer, Big Long Now, and Aneurysm.
Aneurysm is my favorite song off of that album :3

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-14 23:10:58

At 12/13/12 11:59 PM, Viper50 wrote: Ya know I think thats the only album of theirs that I don't know at least half of the songs on guitar.
Out of all 15 tracks I can honestly say that I can only play 6.
Been A Son, Molly's Lips, (New Wave) Polly, Downer, Big Long Now, and Aneurysm.
Aneurysm is my favorite song off of that album :3

I love Mexican Seafood off the album :o that song is great. Shit, every song off that album is great

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-14 23:36:24

At 12/14/12 11:10 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I love Mexican Seafood off the album :o that song is great. Shit, every song off that album is great

My sister love Hairspray Queen. Mainly because of the chorus haha.
But yeah that whole album is great! Although my favorite Nirvana album is still Bleach.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-15 11:17:05

At 12/15/12 04:51 AM, Provoke wrote: I've been listening to alot of The Pixies lately, do they count as grunge?

Nah they're Alt. Rock.
They may have influenced the genre but weren't a part of it.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-15 12:17:59

At 12/15/12 11:23 AM, Provoke wrote: Aw well, I'm still going to be listening to a lot of them. In fact, I might try to get some of their albums. Any recommendations?

My Top 5 favorite things of theirs goes

1 Doolittle
2 Come On Pilgrim
3 Surfer Rosa
4 Tromp le Monde
5 Bassanova

While you're at it give Cake a listen if you haven't yet.
I'd say start off with either Comfort Eagle or Fashion Nugget.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 00:06:30

At 12/15/12 12:17 PM, Viper50 wrote: While you're at it give Cake a listen if you haven't yet.

Oh, I've always wanted to discover songs by Cake :o thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 00:51:36

At 12/16/12 12:06 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 12/15/12 12:17 PM, Viper50 wrote: While you're at it give Cake a listen if you haven't yet.
Oh, I've always wanted to discover songs by Cake :o thanks!

You're welcome! o:
I love Cake! :o

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 05:12:06

Theres a Studio Version of the new Nirvana/Paul song "Cut Me some Slack"

They also preformed it on SNL, but I guess I missed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 10:52:31

At 12/16/12 05:12 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Theres a Studio Version of the new Nirvana/Paul song "Cut Me some Slack"

I like it.
I like it a lot :3

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 23:27:40

At 12/16/12 10:52 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/16/12 05:12 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Theres a Studio Version of the new Nirvana/Paul song "Cut Me some Slack"

I like it.
I like it a lot :3

Also, you can preview one of the new AIC songs on Itunes. Its called Hollow. Or on amazon, i dont remember.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-16 23:30:48

At 12/16/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Also, you can preview one of the new AIC songs on Itunes. Its called Hollow. Or on amazon, i dont remember.

I can't. I don't have iTunes remember ._.

Also I didn't know they were releasing the preview around this time.
I thought it was later this week....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-18 05:17:39

At 12/16/12 11:30 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/16/12 11:27 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Also, you can preview one of the new AIC songs on Itunes. Its called Hollow. Or on amazon, i dont remember.
I can't. I don't have iTunes remember ._.

Also I didn't know they were releasing the preview around this time.
I thought it was later this week....

I heard it :0 it was very sludgy and sounds like it would have been on bgwtb album

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-18 09:06:01

At 12/18/12 05:17 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I heard it :0 it was very sludgy and sounds like it would have been on bgwtb album

Coolios brolios o:

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-19 08:58:08

At 12/18/12 09:06 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/18/12 05:17 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I heard it :0 it was very sludgy and sounds like it would have been on bgwtb album
Coolios brolios o:

THIS Is not so bad. But I really can't tell the difference between William Duvall and Jerry. It all sounds like Jerry to me. Except when the vocals get high...

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-19 09:34:01

At 12/19/12 08:58 AM, xxxcreep wrote: THIS Is not so bad. But I really can't tell the difference between William Duvall and Jerry. It all sounds like Jerry to me. Except when the vocals get high...

I like it

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-19 13:59:19

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-20 12:02:43

At 12/19/12 01:59 PM, Viper50 wrote: Some Soundgarden news

I wonder what its going to end up being like. Foo Fighter music videos are like this whole big story with the band involved, Where as Soundgarden music videos are mostly just the band playing their music.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-20 12:05:59

At 12/20/12 12:02 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 12/19/12 01:59 PM, Viper50 wrote: Some Soundgarden news
I wonder what its going to end up being like. Foo Fighter music videos are like this whole big story with the band involved, Where as Soundgarden music videos are mostly just the band playing their music.

Maybe it'll be a mix of both!!! o:

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-23 13:14:49

Just out of curiosity.
Who here knew about that Mad Season box set thing?
Because I just found out about it yesterday ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-23 18:20:26

At 12/23/12 06:10 PM, Provoke wrote: Wake up.....

young man, its time to wake up
your love affair has got to go
for 10 long years
for 10 long years
the leaves to rake up

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-24 17:51:50

Definitely NOT Grunge in any way shape or form no matter what anyone says ever from now until the end of time.
But.....

Does anyone here listen to Shaimus?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-25 14:14:18

At 12/23/12 01:14 PM, Viper50 wrote: Just out of curiosity.
Who here knew about that Mad Season box set thing?
Because I just found out about it yesterday ._.

YES YES YES! I cant wait for it to come out. I belive it comes out in April? But I'm going to pre-order it ery early.

BTW, what did everyone get for Christmas?
I went to a CD shop with some money and bought like everything thing Pearl Jam related(besides normal CD'S) that they had.
They are:
1. Pearl Jam live 10-22-03
2. Spin the Black Circle/Tremor Christ single.
3. Wishlist, U, and Brain of J single
4. Jeremy, Footsteps, and Yellow Ledbetter
5.Mudhoney's My Brother the Cow CD
6. Mudhoney live 1992
7. Last Kiss/ Soilder of Love single
8. Pearl Jam live Merkinball 95

Grunge Club

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-25 17:01:21

At 12/25/12 02:14 PM, xxxcreep wrote: YES YES YES! I cant wait for it to come out. I belive it comes out in April? But I'm going to pre-order it ery early.

I think it was March...I'd have to check.

BTW, what did everyone get for Christmas?

1 The Sword - Gods Of The Earth
2 Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun
3 two Adventure Time dvds
4 a Finn hat from Adventure Time
5 Red Fang - Murder The Mountains picture disc
6 a Sleep Dopesmoker t-shirt
7 a Night Of The Living Dead t-shirt
8 a Plan 9 From Outer Space t-shirt (that i'm wearing)
9 some other clothes ._.
10 and money from other family....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-25 23:14:53

My internet connection is the greatest so when I'm not here to welcome new members I would like it to be known all you have to do is have a member welcome you in (you must also be a Grunge fan of course).

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-12-26 05:49:47

At 12/26/12 04:41 AM, Provoke wrote:
At 12/25/12 05:01 PM, Viper50 wrote: 5 Red Fang - Murder The Mountains picture disc
To stray away from grunge, I also got the album. I love the inside art so much, I want posters of it.
Favs from it: Painted Parade, Into The Eye, Hank Is Dead.

It's my SECOND copy of the album :3
Also it's the "Pizza Vinyl" picture disc.
This.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature