00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bossfuratu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,845 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-19 17:47:33

And if you like the older dirtier nirvana songs maybe you'd like Mudhoney or Green River

What do you mean by dirtier?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-19 17:57:48

At 6/19/13 05:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
And if you like the older dirtier nirvana songs maybe you'd like Mudhoney or Green River
What do you mean by dirtier?

Like stuff off of Bleach and older demo stuff like from between 85 and 89 when they went by like 50 Bajillion different names.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-19 18:24:16

Like stuff off of Bleach and older demo stuff like from between 85 and 89 when they went by like 50 Bajillion different names.

Ah, yeah there pretty good to listen to, my friends call me an emo though just for listening to grunge. I don't care, they can fuck off and fall in a ditch for all I care.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-23 18:02:39

At 6/19/13 06:24 PM, darkjam wrote:
Ah, yeah there pretty good to listen to, my friends call me an emo though just for listening to grunge. I don't care, they can fuck off and fall in a ditch for all I care.

But there are so many happy grunge songs :o
Pearl Jam is just so happy :)

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-28 17:01:12

Pearl Jam's new song off the new album is called "Mind Your Manners" and is going to be released in July :3

Hopefully that song will be released with a date for the new album to come out

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-28 17:10:20

Not Grunge related but Pixies released a new song :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdSYPh5_BI

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-30 23:02:56

At 6/28/13 05:10 PM, Viper50 wrote: Not Grunge related but Pixies released a new song :3

That song is...strange :o

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-30 23:13:27

Let's pretend that grunge music isn't shit for a moment. What bands would you recommand to me?

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-30 23:17:54

At 6/30/13 11:02 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 6/28/13 05:10 PM, Viper50 wrote: Not Grunge related but Pixies released a new song :3
That song is...strange :o

Indeed it is. Though whenever I listen to it I think of this song....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-30 23:36:23

At 6/30/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Let's pretend that grunge music isn't shit for a moment. What bands would you recommand to me?

You could always try Skin Yard, Love Battery, Green River, and Mudhoney.
Also Gluey Porch Treatments and Bullhead (even though they're also technically Sludge and Doom Metal albums) are considered Grunge albums too. And Kurt Cobain produced 6 songs off of Houdini, played guitar on 1, and played "additional percussion" on 2.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-01 01:00:18

At 6/30/13 11:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 6/30/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Let's pretend that grunge music isn't shit for a moment. What bands would you recommand to me?
You could always try Skin Yard, Love Battery, Green River, and Mudhoney.

That's some pretty nice recommandations :) Thanks!

Also Gluey Porch Treatments and Bullhead (even though they're also technically Sludge and Doom Metal albums) are considered Grunge albums too. And Kurt Cobain produced 6 songs off of Houdini, played guitar on 1, and played "additional percussion" on 2.

It's incredible how prolific Kurt Cobain was. He's one of these individuals that you think you know for having heard of him countless times through the mainstream medias. But it's when you start looking at his work without the biais of commercial crap medias that you realize how much the guy contributed to music. I've read recently that he provided vocals for the Drone Doom band Earth in their early years. That's pretty cool :)

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-01 10:39:32

At 7/1/13 01:00 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: That's some pretty nice recommandations :) Thanks!

No prob dude.

It's incredible how prolific Kurt Cobain was. He's one of these individuals that you think you know for having heard of him countless times through the mainstream medias. But it's when you start looking at his work without the biais of commercial crap medias that you realize how much the guy contributed to music.

And yet he will almost always been known for just his stuff with Nirvana. Though the Fecal Matter demo from 1985 isn't all that bad. I mean....its REALLY rough recording wise but theres still some interesting songs on there like Spank Thru, Class of '86, Bambi Slaughter, and Downer. Out of all the songs on the demo only Downer was re-recorded for their first album though they were known to play Spank Thru multiple times live, though this is my favorite version of it. Dale Crover even played drums and bass on the demo and played drums for Nirvana in n1988 and again in 1990.

I've read recently that he provided vocals for the Drone Doom band Earth in their early years. That's pretty cool :)

Indeed he did! Him and Dylan Carlson were friends since they were kids.

Though weird fact is that...Dylan Carlson was the person who bought the shotgun that Kurt Cobain used to kill himself ._.

He contributed vocals to both Divine And Bright and A Bureaucratic Desire For Revenge, Part 2.
Nirvana also did a pretty good cover of Here She Comes Now on a split with them and Melvins playing covers of song by The Velvet Underground where Melvins recorded a cover of Venus In Furs.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-01 18:35:55

I don't know that much about Kurt lol I didn't know any of the above stuff, thats cool :3 learning something new in the club every....time I go on(almost said everyday)

On another note, Pearl Jam is releasing major news on Monday. Hopefully their new single "Mind your Manners" and an album release date. I'll be in Seattle that day tho ;<

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-01 18:45:05

At 7/1/13 06:35 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I don't know that much about Kurt lol I didn't know any of the above stuff, thats cool :3 learning something new in the club every....time I go on(almost said everyday)

Yeah I used to be REALLY into Nirvana so I know a bunch of stuff about Kurt and whatnot haha.

On another note, Pearl Jam is releasing major news on Monday. Hopefully their new single "Mind your Manners" and an album release date. I'll be in Seattle that day tho ;<

I hope so too. All this suspense it killing me! o:

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-02 18:18:58

At 7/2/13 03:55 PM, MetroidGirl wrote: Butthole Surfers

They're technically Noise/Alternative Rock. But whatever.

Fun Fact: Kurt Cobain met Courtney Love at an L7/Butthole Surfers concert.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-02 21:19:10

At 7/2/13 08:50 PM, MetroidGirl wrote: That, my good friend, is why I put general bands.

Hmm...I DID notice you put in Deftones and RHCP.....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-03 18:33:43

At 7/2/13 03:55 PM, MetroidGirl wrote:

Oh hey I just realized you were never welcomed into the club.
So....welcome to the club Erami ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-03 19:06:45

At 7/3/13 06:50 PM, MetroidGirl wrote: You forgetz me.

I'm sorry.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-08 10:34:14

At 7/2/13 03:55 PM, MetroidGirl wrote: Grunge ees life!
Name- Erami (air-uh-me) ;D Get it right!
Favorite Grunge/ Post-Grunge/ General Bands- Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Deftones, Joy Division, Alice in Chains, Hole, Butthole Surfers, and RHCP
Favorite Grunge Songs- Sliver, Rape Me, Heart Shaped Box, Up In Arms, Walk, Rope, Everlong, Teenager, The Passenger, Poltergeist, Love Will Tear Us Apart, She's Lost Control, Warsaw, Jane Says, Pepper, Scar Tissue, and Under the Bridge
Favorite Grunge Albums- Incesticide, Nevermind, The Color and the Shape, Wasting Light, White Pony, Koi No Yokan, and Unknown Pleasures

Welcome to the club!!!~ I have a neighbor named Erami, I always thought it was an awesome name!
I'm glad theirs another girl her now! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-09 15:13:06

So Pearl Jam have made their big announcement.
They are going to have a Fall North American tour,
Here are the tour dates

10/11 - Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
10/12 - Buffalo - First Niagara Center
10/15 - Worcester - DCU Center
10/18 - Brooklyn - Barclays Center
10/19 - Brooklyn - Barclays Center
10/21-22 - Philadelphia - Wells Fargo Center
10/25 - Hartford - XL Center
10/27 - Baltimore - 1st Mariner Arena
10/29 - Charlottesville - John Paul Jones Arena
10/30 - Charlotte - Time Warner Cable Arena
11/1-3 - New Orleans - Voodoo Music + Arts Experience
11/15 - Dallas - American Airlines Arena
11/16 - Oklahoma City - Chesapeake Energy Arena
11/19 - Phoenix - Jobing.com Arena
11/21 - San Diego - Viejas Arena
11/23-24 - Los Angeles - Sports Arena
11/26 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
11/29 - Portland - Rose Garden Arena
11/30 - Spokane - Spokane Arena
12/02 - Calgary - Scotiabank Saddledome
12/04 - Vancouver - Rogers Arena
12/06 - Seattle - Key Arena

They're also releasing Mind Your Manners on Thursday.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-16 18:55:59

Oh boy grunge club I want in! Even though I don't consider grunge a genre and just a label given to any band from Seattle, I enjoy most of the bands people call grunge.

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-18 09:15:13

At 7/9/13 03:13 PM, Viper50 wrote: So Pearl Jam have made their big announcement.
They are going to have a Fall North American tour,
Here are the tour dates

11/21 - San Diego - Viejas Arena
11/23-24 - Los Angeles - Sports Arena

I'm going to these ones :3 I even won the 10club lotto for LA 11/23

They're also releasing Mind Your Manners on Thursday.

It was actually a good song :D I was in seattle the last week and I listened to it for the first time on my cell phone sitting outside the space needle lol. *which mudhoney ended up playing in while i was there*
Walked past Jack Endino while I was there o.o

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-18 17:42:10

Well how about that, I was looking through some of my dads old music library and cam across a copy of Nevermind by Nirvana, he's more of a Bob Dylan fan so what's he doing with that? Oh well time to listen and rape my speakers.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-19 17:09:19

At 7/16/13 06:55 PM, Beef-Chief wrote: Oh boy grunge club I want in! Even though I don't consider grunge a genre and just a label given to any band from Seattle, I enjoy most of the bands people call grunge.

Cool more people want to join.
I guess give us a general idea as to what you listen to Grunge wise.
Like look at the first post in the thread and then go off of that as like a template for what I'm talking about.

At 7/18/13 09:15 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I'm going to these ones :3 I even won the 10club lotto for LA 11/23

I'm a bit peeved there aren't any Illinois dates on there. I guess I'll have to wait til the next time they're here I suppose.

It was actually a good song :D I was in seattle the last week and I listened to it for the first time on my cell phone sitting outside the space needle lol. *which mudhoney ended up playing in while i was there*

Lucky.......

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-21 01:07:52

At 7/18/13 09:15 AM, xxxcreep wrote: It was actually a good song :D I was in seattle the last week and I listened to it for the first time on my cell phone sitting outside the space needle lol. *which mudhoney ended up playing in while i was there*

I'm completely jelly :l.

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-30 12:51:22

Some details about the 20th Anniversary reissue of In Utero have been released! Heres what it says:

Nirvana's legendary final studio album, 'In Utero', will celebrate its 20th birthday on Sept. 13. To celebrate the album's release and monumental impact, a 20th anniversary multi-format reissue of 'In Utero' will drop on Sept. 24.

Housing modern rock classics such as 'Heart-Shaped Box, All Apologies, Dumb, and Rape Me, Nirvana's third album shot to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album charts. The 20th anniversary edition of In Utero will include more than 70 remastered, remixed, rare, unreleased, and live recordings on mediums such as a 3-CD/1 DVD Super Deluxe Edition and a standard digital/CD remaster of the original album. The reissue will also offer a complete live performance of Nirvana's entire 'Live and Loud' Show from Seattle's Pier 48 on Dec. 13, 1993. The show will see both audio and DVD releases, with exclusive never-before=release bonus performances also included.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-30 14:22:45

At 7/30/13 12:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Some details about the 20th Anniversary reissue of In Utero have been released! Heres what it says:

Nirvana's legendary final studio album, 'In Utero', will celebrate its 20th birthday on Sept. 13. To celebrate the album's release and monumental impact, a 20th anniversary multi-format reissue of 'In Utero' will drop on Sept. 24.

Housing modern rock classics such as 'Heart-Shaped Box, All Apologies, Dumb, and Rape Me, Nirvana's third album shot to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album charts. The 20th anniversary edition of In Utero will include more than 70 remastered, remixed, rare, unreleased, and live recordings on mediums such as a 3-CD/1 DVD Super Deluxe Edition and a standard digital/CD remaster of the original album. The reissue will also offer a complete live performance of Nirvana's entire 'Live and Loud' Show from Seattle's Pier 48 on Dec. 13, 1993. The show will see both audio and DVD releases, with exclusive never-before=release bonus performances also included.

Fuck yeah! Definitely gonna be picking this up :l.
Speaking of Nirvana you should check THIS out if you haven't seen it already, the 'dafuq' factor is quite high xD

Grunge Club

Write with meaning, meaninglessly.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-07-30 14:33:53

At 7/30/13 02:22 PM, Destrayop wrote: Fuck yeah! Definitely gonna be picking this up :l.

Same here. I just hope its not just a bunch of different versions of the same album.
I already have 2 copies of In Utero (the censored and uncensored version) and I don't really want to buy this and find out I'm getting like 2 or 3 copies of something I already have.

Speaking of Nirvana you should check THIS out if you haven't seen it already, the 'dafuq' factor is quite high xD

I heard about that but I didn't get around to checking out the video yet.
Go Hoagies!

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-08-09 21:10:22

At 7/30/13 02:22 PM, Destrayop wrote:

Oh Mark Arm is so handsome.~

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-08-10 17:00:44

At 7/30/13 02:33 PM, Viper50 wrote: Same here. I just hope its not just a bunch of different versions of the same album.
I already have 2 copies of In Utero (the censored and uncensored version) and I don't really want to buy this and find out I'm getting like 2 or 3 copies of something I already have.

This is whats in it
I'm still not sure whether or not to get it :/

BBS Signature