00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,612 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-12 19:28:25

At 11/12/12 07:26 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I wish there were more of us on Newgrounds to share the love of grunge.

Yeah that would help a lot.....I mean there are plenty of people in Metal Hell....

Me being one of said people.

But I suppose as long as we still have some people coming here it's all good.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-12 21:04:01

At 11/12/12 07:28 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/12/12 07:26 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I wish there were more of us on Newgrounds to share the love of grunge.
Yeah that would help a lot.....I mean there are plenty of people in Metal Hell....
Me being one of said people.
But I suppose as long as we still have some people coming here it's all good.

It is good but you see Metal Hell as all types of Metal except for Nu. We have Grunge.

Still It's all good. Also this isn't Grunge related but new Rolling Stones album tomorrow I think.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-13 00:39:23

At 11/12/12 09:04 PM, J-Rex wrote:
It is good but you see Metal Hell as all types of Metal except for Nu. We have Grunge.

Still It's all good. Also this isn't Grunge related but new Rolling Stones album tomorrow I think.

wait wait, I didn't know the rolling stones made a new album. I wonder how good it will be...

Hey, is anyone planning on going to any of the Soundgarden tour dates?

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-13 00:59:45

At 11/13/12 12:39 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Hey, is anyone planning on going to any of the Soundgarden tour dates?

I want to go to one of the Chicago dates but I dont know if I'll have any money around that time haha xD
I'm already going to miss a Red Fang show I wanted to go to....because I kinda sorta....smacked into a tree in a car that was my only mode of transportation for the moment ._.

my car is sitting in a garage at the moment......with no plates......which sucks cause i like driving it D:

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-13 03:24:38

At 11/13/12 12:59 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/13/12 12:39 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
my car is sitting in a garage at the moment......with no plates......which sucks cause i like driving it D:

I don't even have my license yet. >.< I'm a failure

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-13 03:39:35

At 11/13/12 03:24 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 11/13/12 12:59 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/13/12 12:39 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
I don't even have my license yet. >.< I'm a failure

Nah you're not a failure.
You're just....a person without a license ._.
Although I've had a car since I was like 13. It was my 1961 Studebaker Lark :3
I love that car....but they tend to be insanely dangerous. Especially since the seats recline back and there is always something up with the gears in there where they break out of nowhere and the seat flies back.....and the only replacements being made by anyone are made out of brass and those are even weaker...

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-14 00:18:48

At 11/13/12 03:39 AM, Viper50 wrote:
Nah you're not a failure.
You're just....a person without a license ._.

I'm just lazy as shit haha
OOOOOOOH I bought my Soundgarden tickets for the Feburary 17th show!!! I'm so excited that I could die.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-14 01:03:55

At 11/14/12 12:18 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I'm just lazy as shit haha

Pfft I bet I'm lazier xD

OOOOOOOH I bought my Soundgarden tickets for the Feburary 17th show!!! I'm so excited that I could die.

Hopefully I'll have the money to get tickets for either their January 29h or 30th show...if I dont i'll be...pretty mad ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-14 23:40:03

At 11/14/12 01:03 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/14/12 12:18 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I'm just lazy as shit haha
Pfft I bet I'm lazier xD

Hopefully I'll have the money to get tickets for either their January 29h or 30th show...if I dont i'll be...pretty mad ._.

Are you part of the Soundgarden fan club? If not, pre-sales are going on and the password is..."KingAnimal" a pretty obvious password haha. But tickets go on sale to the public on Friday

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-14 23:56:01

At 11/14/12 11:40 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Are you part of the Soundgarden fan club? If not, pre-sales are going on and the password is..."KingAnimal" a pretty obvious password haha. But tickets go on sale to the public on Friday

I am not ._.
I'm not part of any fan club...not even my own.

....even if one existed

Also the cheapest tickets are like $95 or something like that....that along with the fact that they're probably going to sell faster than I'd like them to I dont know what I'm going to do about this ._.

im such a failure ,_,

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-15 03:03:21

At 11/14/12 11:56 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Also the cheapest tickets are like $95 or something like that....that along with the fact that they're probably going to sell faster than I'd like them to I dont know what I'm going to do about this ._.
im such a failure ,_,

I got mine for like 74$ a ticket D: maybe its because the theatre in LA is...shitty and really small....
I'd rather see them in a better place like Seattle but then I'd have to add on 100$ for gas and then 200$ for hotel fees.
I got my tickets off Stubhub and they are mezzanine seats cause I'm going with my dad who is a big soundgarden fan but has bad hips.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-15 08:59:31

At 11/15/12 03:03 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I got mine for like 74$ a ticket D: maybe its because the theatre in LA is...shitty and really small....
I'd rather see them in a better place like Seattle but then I'd have to add on 100$ for gas and then 200$ for hotel fees.
I got my tickets off Stubhub and they are mezzanine seats cause I'm going with my dad who is a big soundgarden fan but has bad hips.

The $90range tickets are like way in the back ._. then the actually somewhat okay ones are over $100....
The only person other than me that I know of that is a somewhat big fan of Soundgarden is my sister, and she already said shes not willing to pay that much for a ticket.....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-17 01:00:12

At 11/15/12 08:59 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/15/12 03:03 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I got mine for like 74$ a ticket D: maybe its because the theatre in LA is...shitty and really small....
The $90range tickets are like way in the back ._. then the actually somewhat okay ones are over $100....
The only person other than me that I know of that is a somewhat big fan of Soundgarden is my sister, and she already said shes not willing to pay that much for a ticket.....

I think I paid about 90$ for my ticket when I went to see Chris Cornell on his songbook tour. But I understand, I wish tickets were around 20-30$ with 50$ at most.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-17 01:13:42

At 11/17/12 01:00 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I think I paid about 90$ for my ticket when I went to see Chris Cornell on his songbook tour. But I understand, I wish tickets were around 20-30$ with 50$ at most.

Me too....
Also I've only been to ONE concert ever in my whole life, and that was to see fucking Sammy Hagar.
I didn't even want to go I was dragged along by my cousin and uncle........

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-17 21:41:33

At 11/17/12 01:13 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/17/12 01:00 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I think I paid about 90$ for my ticket when I went to see Chris Cornell on his songbook tour. But I understand, I wish tickets were around 20-30$ with 50$ at most.
Me too....
Also I've only been to ONE concert ever in my whole life, and that was to see fucking Sammy Hagar.
I didn't even want to go I was dragged along by my cousin and uncle........

my parents have seen him too, I haven't been to many concerts but the ones I went to were only for bands I loved

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-17 22:12:19

At 11/17/12 09:41 PM, xxxcreep wrote: my parents have seen him too, I haven't been to many concerts but the ones I went to were only for bands I loved

Pretty much all the bands I want to go see either: are broken up, never tour around here, I have no way of getting to where they're playing, or no one wants to go with me. Because I can't think of words to describe my hate for going to stuff alone.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-18 02:13:33

At 11/17/12 10:12 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/17/12 09:41 PM, xxxcreep wrote: my parents have seen him too, I haven't been to many concerts but the ones I went to were only for bands I loved
Pretty much all the bands I want to go see either: are broken up, never tour around here, I have no way of getting to where they're playing, or no one wants to go with me. Because I can't think of words to describe my hate for going to stuff alone.

I really wish I could be able to see Green River, Mother Love Bone, Mad Season, or Alice in Chains(with Layne)...The disappointments of life ;'(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-18 03:20:55

At 11/18/12 02:13 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I really wish I could be able to see Green River, Mother Love Bone, Mad Season, or Alice in Chains(with Layne)...The disappointments of life ;'(

I really wanna go see Electric Wizard ._.
But before sometime earlier this year they hadn't played here in the US since like 2002.

I also want to see those bands you listed.
With the addition of Temple Of The Dog, Melvins, and Dinosaur Jr.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-18 03:54:29

At 11/18/12 03:20 AM, Viper50 wrote:

But before sometime earlier this year they hadn't played here in the US since like 2002.

Electric Lizard? Are they good?

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-18 04:19:12

At 11/18/12 03:54 AM, xxxcreep wrote:

Electric Lizard? Are they good?

Well I suppose so...I mean it IS a somewhat decent Yu-Gi-Oh card....

As for Electric Wizard, they're Stoner Doom Metal. So unless you like either of those genres they may be a bit....I dont know.....they're one of my favorite bands though.
Listen to this video and you'll get a really good idea as to what their music sounds like

its 7 1/2 hours long though ._.

Their stuff spans from the mid-90s and their latest album came out in 2010.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 02:05:15

At 11/18/12 04:19 AM, Viper50 wrote: As for Electric Wizard, they're Stoner Doom Metal. So unless you like either of those genres they may be a bit....I dont know.....they're one of my favorite bands though.
Listen to this video and you'll get a really good idea as to what their music sounds like
its 7 1/2 hours long though ._.
Their stuff spans from the mid-90s and their latest album came out in 2010.

Its pretty interesting, "Stoner Doom Metal", is that an actual genre? haha

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 09:20:39

At 11/19/12 02:05 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Its pretty interesting, "Stoner Doom Metal", is that an actual genre? haha

Indeed it is hahaha.
It's pretty much just Doom Metal made by people that literally JUST sit and smoke pot all day everyday.
I myself don't do that stuff, but I thoroughly enjoy Stoner Metal and Rock or any other music people insist on doing drugs while listening to.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 17:23:23

At 11/19/12 09:20 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/19/12 02:05 AM, xxxcreep wrote: Its pretty interesting, "Stoner Doom Metal", is that an actual genre? haha
Indeed it is hahaha.
It's pretty much just Doom Metal made by people that literally JUST sit and smoke pot all day everyday.
I myself don't do that stuff, but I thoroughly enjoy Stoner Metal and Rock or any other music people insist on doing drugs while listening to.

I would assume people do drugs while listening to pink floyd. Do you like Pink Floyd?

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 18:06:10

At 11/19/12 05:23 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I would assume people do drugs while listening to pink floyd. Do you like Pink Floyd?

Indeed I do.
I also have Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall on vinyl :3

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 21:55:07

At 11/19/12 06:06 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/19/12 05:23 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I would assume people do drugs while listening to pink floyd. Do you like Pink Floyd?
Indeed I do.
I also have Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall on vinyl :3

I'm not a huge Pink Floyd fan, but "Mother" is one of my all-time favorite songs.
What is your favorite grunge band of All-Time?

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-19 22:32:49

At 11/19/12 09:55 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I'm not a huge Pink Floyd fan, but "Mother" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

I like Mother. Also like Mother by Danzig :3
My favorite Pink Floyd song is either Run Like Hell or anything off of Wish You Were Here.

What is your favorite grunge band of All-Time?

Oooooh.....thats hard.....hmmmm......id say it's a tie between Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Then Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Mother Love Bone tie for second.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 00:56:37

At 11/19/12 10:32 PM, Viper50 wrote: Oooooh.....thats hard.....hmmmm......id say it's a tie between Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Then Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Mother Love Bone tie for second.

I'd can't pick just one band either. It has to be a tie between Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.
Then Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, and Mudhoney

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 00:59:46

At 11/20/12 12:56 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I'd can't pick just one band either. It has to be a tie between Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.

What about Love Battery or Green River?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 03:13:27

At 11/20/12 12:59 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/20/12 12:56 AM, xxxcreep wrote: I'd can't pick just one band either. It has to be a tie between Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.
What about Love Battery or Green River?

YES YES! Is Love Battery still together?
I wish Green River would have a reunion tour :( just 1 tour would be fine. While Eddie Vedder and Soundgarden are touring would be perfect timing.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2012-11-20 09:56:02

At 11/20/12 03:13 AM, xxxcreep wrote: YES YES! Is Love Battery still together?

According to Wikipedia they got back together last year. And are apparently releasing new stuff next year :3

I wish Green River would have a reunion tour :( just 1 tour would be fine. While Eddie Vedder and Soundgarden are touring would be perfect timing.

As do I....that would be awesome.
Although if Soundgarden and Pearl Jam toured together we could have Temple Of The Dog and M.A.C.C. reunions.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature