00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,614 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-07 20:04:06

So I was just made aware that this happened\/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qV_099kAM
Eddie Vedder singing It Makes No Difference with My Morning Jacket. And My Morning Jacket are one of my favorite bands too.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-13 23:09:06

When I'm not around this club goes nearly inactive o.o

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-13 23:13:48

At 5/13/13 11:09 PM, xxxcreep wrote: When I'm not around this club goes nearly inactive o.o

It does....I guess it would help more if the other members would show up more often ._.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-17 01:08:20

Heres news,
Layne Staley's mother is sueing Alice in Chains
here :(

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-19 16:40:33

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-19 19:00:05

At 5/19/13 04:40 PM, xxxcreep wrote: THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF GRUNGE MUSIC

Well this made me never want to see STP live now.... You can't have STP without Scott. You just...cant.
And now they replace him with the dude from Linkin Park?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-20 00:35:00

At 5/19/13 07:00 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/19/13 04:40 PM, xxxcreep wrote: THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF GRUNGE MUSIC
Well this made me never want to see STP live now.... You can't have STP without Scott. You just...cant.
And now they replace him with the dude from Linkin Park?

IT MAKES NO SENSE! Why would they do this to their fans :<
Plus, he's way younger then them. Its weird.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-20 00:56:20

At 5/20/13 12:35 AM, xxxcreep wrote: IT MAKES NO SENSE! Why would they do this to their fans :<

I guess they thought they could also get Linkin Park fans to attend their concerts if they got him....though I would've preferred it if they somehow managed to work something out with Scott instead of firing him.

Plus, he's way younger then them. Its weird.

Its very weird.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-20 17:26:53

At 5/20/13 12:56 AM, Viper50 wrote:
I guess they thought they could also get Linkin Park fans to attend their concerts if they got him....though I would've preferred it if they somehow managed to work something out with Scott instead of firing him.

Live shows arnt going to be the same :< No more Weiland dancing like Mick Jagger while wielding a megaphone

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-20 17:41:46

At 5/20/13 05:26 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Live shows arnt going to be the same :< No more Weiland dancing like Mick Jagger while wielding a megaphone

I wish I could have seen them live at least once with Weiland singing.
I hope they get things all settled between him and the rest of the band and they get him back.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-28 15:15:32

At 5/20/13 05:41 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/20/13 05:26 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Live shows arnt going to be the same :< No more Weiland dancing like Mick Jagger while wielding a megaphone
I wish I could have seen them live at least once with Weiland singing.
I hope they get things all settled between him and the rest of the band and they get him back.

I wish I got to see them more than once :< I had a bad feeling that they wee going to break up, then they did. But I never expected them to get a new singer

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-28 20:49:27

My sister got a copy of The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here today.
I'd borrow it from her but I think she took it with her when she went to work.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-30 22:37:05

Kurt Cobain's grandfather died. He was 89.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-31 20:03:53

Since I started the club I should obviously be more active in it but alas I'm not. I'd like to say one thing. Viper50 and xxxcreep, you both should be co-club owners since you basically are already. Sorry to say this but I have to. Bye.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-31 20:49:31

At 5/31/13 08:03 PM, J-Rex wrote: Since I started the club I should obviously be more active in it but alas I'm not. I'd like to say one thing. Viper50 and xxxcreep, you both should be co-club owners since you basically are already. Sorry to say this but I have to. Bye.

Wait....I'm a "co-owner" of the Grunge Club now? o.O

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-31 20:54:18

At 5/31/13 08:49 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/31/13 08:03 PM, J-Rex wrote: Since I started the club I should obviously be more active in it but alas I'm not. I'd like to say one thing. Viper50 and xxxcreep, you both should be co-club owners since you basically are already. Sorry to say this but I have to. Bye.
Wait....I'm a "co-owner" of the Grunge Club now? o.O

Co-owner, co-leader, whatever you wanna be called. It is your and xxcreep's club now.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-05-31 20:59:42

At 5/31/13 08:54 PM, J-Rex wrote: Co-owner, co-leader, whatever you wanna be called. It is your and xxcreep's club now.

Oh um...okay. Thanks?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-04 16:54:14

At 5/31/13 08:59 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 5/31/13 08:54 PM, J-Rex wrote: Co-owner, co-leader, whatever you wanna be called. It is your and xxcreep's club now.
Oh um...okay. Thanks?

I feel so....responsible for something now.
Anyways yea I heard about Kurt's grandpa. And Francis Bean is all happy he died :/ They say he's a women beater. I have a book about Kurt Cobain with his journal entries and stuff, and there's never a mention of him being a women beater. As far as I know, Kurt loved being with his grandparents..
Is The Devil Put Dinosaurs here a good album? I'll get it if you tell me it is. Because I lived the singles they put out, it sounds alot better than Black Gives Way to Blue.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-04 17:15:17

At 6/4/13 04:54 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I feel so....responsible for something now.

As do I. I'm not ready for this kind of responsibility!!! D:

Anyways yea I heard about Kurt's grandpa. And Francis Bean is all happy he died :/ They say he's a women beater. I have a book about Kurt Cobain with his journal entries and stuff, and there's never a mention of him being a women beater. As far as I know, Kurt loved being with his grandparents..

I've never heard anything about his grandpa being a woman beater either.

Is The Devil Put Dinosaurs here a good album? I'll get it if you tell me it is. Because I lived the singles they put out, it sounds alot better than Black Gives Way to Blue.

Its okay. I'd say its as good if not better than Black Gives Way To Blue and I liked BGWTB.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-09 02:47:00

At 6/4/13 05:15 PM, Viper50 wrote: Its okay. I'd say its as good if not better than Black Gives Way To Blue and I liked BGWTB.

I got it, it's pretty damn good. I was surprised :o

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-09 03:17:12

My sister got a copy of Bug by Dinosaur Jr yesterday. I'm going to see if I can borrow it from her.
Not really "Grunge related" I suppose. Though Kurt Cobain DID approach J. Mascis twice asking him to join Nirvana in the late 80s.

At 6/9/13 02:47 AM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 6/4/13 05:15 PM, Viper50 wrote: Its okay. I'd say its as good if not better than Black Gives Way To Blue and I liked BGWTB.
I got it, it's pretty damn good. I was surprised :o

I know right!!?!? o:
Also have you listened to Mudhoney's new album yet?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-14 18:05:06

At 6/9/13 03:17 AM, Viper50 wrote:
I know right!!?!? o:
Also have you listened to Mudhoney's new album yet?

Have I? :3

Yes I loves it! When I saw them live, they played most of the songs on Vanishing Point.
This vinyl is so cool tho being its clear and it looking like theirs smoke in it o.o

Grunge Club

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-14 18:28:34

At 6/14/13 06:05 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Have I? :3

I wish I had it ;-;

Yes I loves it! When I saw them live, they played most of the songs on Vanishing Point.
This vinyl is so cool tho being its clear and it looking like theirs smoke in it o.o

That does sound cool o:
The coolest vinyl I have is this clear blue one thats from like the 50s or something. Though I'm getting a clear gold one at some point next month.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-15 18:43:18

I've been getting into grunge ever since I listened to Nirvana again. Anybody got any good bands to recommend?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-15 22:57:28

At 6/15/13 06:43 PM, darkjam wrote: I've been getting into grunge ever since I listened to Nirvana again. Anybody got any good bands to recommend?

For starters what Grunge bands have you listened to?
Ya know so we don't end up recommending you bands you already listen to.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-16 21:32:28

At 6/15/13 06:43 PM, darkjam wrote: I've been getting into grunge ever since I listened to Nirvana again. Anybody got any good bands to recommend?

Weeeelcome~
You've got alot to learn, and I think we are just the right people to teach you xD

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-16 23:10:25

At 6/16/13 09:32 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
Weeeelcome~
You've got alot to learn, and I think we are just the right people to teach you xD

Totally. Since it seems as though we're like the only people that frequent this club now.
Though I know of a few people that may be interested in this....and I could see if I could get Destrayop to post here more often since I chat with him frequently.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-17 13:32:59

At 6/15/13 10:57 PM, Viper50 wrote:
For starters what Grunge bands have you listened to?
Ya know so we don't end up recommending you bands you already listen to.

Alice in chains, Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-17 17:58:30

At 6/17/13 01:32 PM, darkjam wrote: Alice in chains, Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Then I suppose you'd like Mad Season, Temple Of The Dog, and maybe Mother Love Bone.
You could also try Stone Temple Pilots but they're more Alt. Rock than Grunge.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2013-06-19 17:44:09

At 6/17/13 05:58 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 6/17/13 01:32 PM, darkjam wrote: Alice in chains, Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Then I suppose you'd like Mad Season, Temple Of The Dog, and maybe Mother Love Bone.
You could also try Stone Temple Pilots but they're more Alt. Rock than Grunge.

And if you like the older dirtier nirvana songs maybe you'd like Mudhoney or Green River

BBS Signature