jazzraven
jazzraven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-28 19:02:43 Reply

Hey Tom,

I'm sure you answered these kinds of questions somewhere in the post but what about using copyrighted music not for profit? or crediting them? wouldnt the idea of giving them credit would have people go " oh what a cool song, im gonna hear the rest of it on youtube " thus giving them a bit more views, fame and money since a majority themselves are sponsored. and of course if anybody, we'd ask for permission to use the song from the band/ composer who made it, but would they give time to reply to just average internet users? probably, maybe, its possible, but uncommon and takes a long long time.

a great number of submissions here on newgrounds, have been using copyrighted music. but of course i'll be told " whatever, risk it if you want a lawsuit ". no that is obviously not what i want, nor what i want for the site to have to deal with. i understand its " everything by everyone", that i can absolutly agree with, but wouldnt anybody want to use copyrighted music at one point in their flashes? those who use copyrighted music can choose not to use the API and instead give them credit? is it posssible to lessen chance of being a lawsuit this way. or is the music industry that strict on its copyrights? all the more it sucks having to lessen the use of copyright music but a nice idea to increase originality. just can't we have both?

jazzraven
jazzraven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Winds of Change 2010-12-28 19:07:00 Reply

sorry to double post, but i'd like to add that flashes here in general are for entertainment purposes aren't they? so, what if we put up a disclaimer in our flashes stating that "what ever songs, pics, quotes are used in the flash are for for entertainment purposes only ". yeah just a bit more of wishful thinking.

Phenom9
Phenom9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Winds of Change 2011-02-27 05:21:53 Reply

At 12/10/10 11:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds will be a better place if everyone here learns to work together instead of turning outward for resources.

If so, than why do I need to be registered in websites other than Newgrounds to earn Newgrounds medals? Shouldn't an NG account be all I need to earn some NG medals? Why do we need to turn to other websites?

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Winds of Change 2011-07-11 03:40:45 Reply

So animators like Munglai wouldn't be allowed to make stuff like Fruit, winner of Clock Day 2009?

I got Flash CS4 in case you need something converted to CS3.