00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

785,141 Views | 8,819 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-06 21:40:24

At 7/6/10 06:15 PM, up-a-notch wrote: sorry but, my art wasn't on the list for some reason...is it that bad!?

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/up-a-
notch/mr-monocle

Please refrain from reposting your submissions. Especially when they actually are on the list. Check page 101 and it's under Extra Art Requests. It doesn't mean that it's bad, it's just that we are converting over to a weekly list again and yours ended up on the second half.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-07 00:54:16

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-07 10:43:09

Hello I would like some review for my latest creation. It is an industrial attempt. What would you change if anything, or how it makes you feel - overall sound of it.

Thanks in advance!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-07 12:47:02

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 01:23:00

Hey guy's, could you review our song please?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 45432

It's our first submission, hope you like it.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 04:14:16

In the review request club it says a few days before the update to post your point amount but in my sig it says my point amount and I update it every time I get a few more points so would it be better if I did that or would it be easier to post it

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 04:45:20

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 06:50:40

At 7/4/10 04:53 PM, Animith wrote: This update was an uphill struggle with a mammoth 55 requests, HOWEVER! We have two new people to the list, and there was some high review numbers from Coop, Haggard, Steph and sixflab, and them along with everyone who had a stab at this list, led to no request being reviewless, so kudos to all of you guys.

Well, with me even reviewing a little Audio this time around, things might start looking up on a personal reviewer note, that is.

Member's Update #45
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
1 ) 6301 | 984 / 1169 | 84.17% || 159 | 26 / 55 | 47.27% | Haggard
2 ) 6235 | 974 / 1168 | 83.39% || 165 | 27 / 55 | 49.09% | Coop83

Well, I'll carry on trying to get as many requests done as possible. Before the week started, I'd already completed some of the flash requests, so things are looking better there. Let's see if I can crack on with it all!

Thanks for the update, Animith.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 07:32:40

At 7/8/10 04:14 AM, domo48 wrote: In the review request club it says a few days before the update to post your point amount but in my sig it says my point amount and I update it every time I get a few more points so would it be better if I did that or would it be easier to post it

I added you since you kept track of your points in your sig, so you knew about the points system and how it works, which is one of the main reasons why we ask new members to post their points one or two days before the update.

Although just a note, you don't need to keep track of your points after the first week. Feel free to keep track of your points to see if I get your points right in the member's updates though :).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 12:20:47

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 15:21:13

At 7/8/10 07:32 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Although just a note, you don't need to keep track of your points after the first week. Feel free to keep track of your points to see if I get your points right in the member's updates though :).

About that, do I have to keep track this week or what?

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 16:25:03

At 7/8/10 03:21 PM, Soapbubble wrote:
At 7/8/10 07:32 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Although just a note, you don't need to keep track of your points after the first week. Feel free to keep track of your points to see if I get your points right in the member's updates though :).

Nah, you know about the points system already ^^.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 16:34:48

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 16:46:39

Oops, forgot to post this...

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 17:45:54

At 7/8/10 04:25 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 7/8/10 03:21 PM, Soapbubble wrote:
Nah, you know about the points system already ^^.

All right, awesome. I know I've missed one or two of the signatures. I have... 27 left? Done... 8?

Wow, that's demotivating.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 20:06:08

helo agan newground revew boy sccouts, i hav not recieve any reviwe on my 3 flash move that i post if i culd get sum fedback asap this wuld b muhc apreceate!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-08 20:20:05

Here's one.
Robot EKG

It's a quick track that sound robot/space like.
Would like an review on how to improve on this..

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-09 05:44:44

Allrighty, sorry friends and club members. . I've been swept off my feet.
I finish school in 3 weeks, I'll be back then :D

While you wait.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/champ ionanwar/is-this-love

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-09 08:10:49

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-09 08:12:37

Oh fuck sorry guys.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-09 09:23:59

Natural Waves )Phy Mix

Im new here, mr.djmindsweeper referred me.

I would appreciate a review if possible :-)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-09 11:22:20

my friend here domo48 said i should let you guys review this piece of art http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/klik2 8/klik-galaxy

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 01:38:18

Yeeelloow (: May I get a review for this track? It's still a WIP but I'd like to know what you think (hence the tag in the name lol) Thanks in advance to everyone for checking it out.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 40139

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 01:42:05

Oh sorry, didn't know that using the code would only show the link. (Sorry for the double post, again. u.u)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 06:32:56

My point total is 65 points.I didn't make my point total goal(off by 35)oh well next week I will at least have 100.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 16:35:52

Hey guys. I was hoping if you could take a look at my Flash here:

Though I'm mostly looking for constructive criticism, complements are still welcome!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 20:45:23

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-10 23:32:52

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-11 12:10:08

Sorry but I don't have any time to update... I can do the requests list but the update will have to wait till tomorrow, I was out all day today :(.

BBS Signature