00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TopChop12GD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

787,767 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 01:10:29

At 7/29/10 09:20 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: I've been watching this club for a very, very long time. You guys are great and good at what you do.

But I have a somewhat stupid question, why don't you guys just review every flash that passes through the portal?

That would be wat to hard to do a couple hunred submissions go trough the portal a day.We could but they would have to be really crappy reviews and the point system would be a mess.The system is good that we have right now

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 05:19:34

At 7/29/10 07:55 PM, Animith wrote:
At 7/29/10 07:28 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I think I've done it all now. Animith, if you read this, could you be awesome and go through and see fi I've done all the requests? I'm going away on Saturday and I wont be back till Monday afternoon. I really want to keep my streak going.

Cheers guys! Remember to review the two with the wrong link! There's also one of the requests that have been deleted since it was requested, can't remember which one.
Just checked them through for you, and you did get them all done, so you can rest easy for a few days :P Thanks again for the 100%!

Annnd it's "Aspiration of the Dead" by anarcheril has been deleted completely, so won't count in the stats for obvious reasons :P

Awesome! Thanks alot. I'll probably do some more extras just to get them done. If not, I'll see you guys on Monday, though I probably wont get reviewing till Tuesday. I don't know. Maybe Monday night.

Meet the Mayor.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 09:12:24

You guys are clumped (<---is that a word? Sounds cool :D ) with reviews :S Too bad you for I'm gonna make it harder :(

It's a WIP so tips and suggestions too, don't just criticise my percussion :).

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 09:54:45

At 7/25/10 02:58 PM, Animith wrote: Aspiration of the Dead by anarcheril

What happened to that it just disappeared.I went to go review it but its not there

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 10:17:33

At 7/30/10 09:54 AM, Domo wrote:
What happened to that it just disappeared.I went to go review it but its not there

It's seemingly been deleted by anarcheril completely. So just review the others, when the update comes I won't count this one in the review stats as it's hard to review that which isn't there :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 11:16:59

At 7/30/10 10:17 AM, Animith wrote:
At 7/30/10 09:54 AM, Domo wrote:
It's seemingly been deleted by anarcheril completely. So just review the others, when the update comes I won't count this one in the review stats as it's hard to review that which isn't there :)

Speeking of that when is the next update I have 3 audio request to go but I want to know if I could take my time with them or should get it done NOW ASAP

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 11:39:20

At 7/29/10 03:57 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Your reviews are very good.

Much obliged. I'm glad to have your respect.

I just think we should review everything, regardless of what we think of the art.

I agree. I just said that I was growing reluctant, partly because I'm weary of pointing out the same stuff all the time. You've been here longer than I did, surely you must know how it feels.

And now he's even written that he'll take your reviews into consideration, which is awesome. We're all accomplishing stuff here.

Well, the irony is that he told me he would take my reviews into consideration, but yet doesn't seem to, even though he seems to have made it partly for me, which by the way, I appreciate.

However, I'll explain why he doesn't seem to pay much attention to my points. The three flaws I kept pointing out the moment I started reviewing his art are:

1- The fills overflow their outlines. He tells me that he likes the way it looks, but to me it's just awkward and sloppy.

2- The man doesn't have ears. At least he strives to draw ears, but it doesn't even look like an ear. It's more like a scar on the far side of the cheek.

3- You rush your art. I try in vain convincing him that anything that is made quickly and without effort is never good. Yet he submits another picture almost four times a week, give or take one.

I'm a tad ambivalent. I can't decide whether to keep taking off points for those, or not to, thinking that it's just his style and that he likes it that way, even though I don't. He has mediocre pictures and quite bad ones, though unfortunately not good ones just yet. I keep lending him a hand, but he rejects it all the time.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 11:48:24

At 7/30/10 11:39 AM, mrty wrote:
At 7/29/10 03:57 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Your reviews are very good.
Much obliged. I'm glad to have your respect.

I just think we should review everything, regardless of what we think of the art.
I agree. I just said that I was growing reluctant, partly because I'm weary of pointing out the same stuff all the time. You've been here longer than I did, surely you must know how it feels.

And now he's even written that he'll take your reviews into consideration, which is awesome. We're all accomplishing stuff here.
Well, the irony is that he told me he would take my reviews into consideration, but yet doesn't seem to, even though he seems to have made it partly for me, which by the way, I appreciate.

However, I'll explain why he doesn't seem to pay much attention to my points. The three flaws I kept pointing out the moment I started reviewing his art are:

1- The fills overflow their outlines. He tells me that he likes the way it looks, but to me it's just awkward and sloppy.

2- The man doesn't have ears. At least he strives to draw ears, but it doesn't even look like an ear. It's more like a scar on the far side of the cheek.

3- You rush your art. I try in vain convincing him that anything that is made quickly and without effort is never good. Yet he submits another picture almost four times a week, give or take one.

I'm a tad ambivalent. I can't decide whether to keep taking off points for those, or not to, thinking that it's just his style and that he likes it that way, even though I don't. He has mediocre pictures and quite bad ones, though unfortunately not good ones just yet. I keep lending him a hand, but he rejects it all the time.

Listen as long as I like how it looks, I am happy...I just would not like it if my art looked to real and had no overfill, I know you don't like how it looks but I do so you can be like that and keep on trying to change me or you could go to a wicked awesome party that rules and has cake and more cake and tubs full of ice cream your choice...i dunno why I said something about a party so don't bother asking.

Bipolar Smiley: (:(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 11:50:30

If I can throw my $0.02 in, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that we should criticise people for their requests or how they work or how they respond to reviews on an open thread. If you don't want to review something, you just...don't. Don't feel a need to have to justify why you're not reviewing something. Just review what you want to review.

At 7/30/10 11:16 AM, Domo wrote: Speeking of that when is the next update I have 3 audio request to go but I want to know if I could take my time with them or should get it done NOW ASAP

Glad you brought this up!

I'm actually going on holiday myself for a week. However, as it's Sunday-Sunday, it still means I can do the updates.
But as I'm leaving earlyish this sunday, what I was planning on doing is posting the requests list, but not the member update.

Then when I get back on the 8th, I'll post that week's request list, and the Member's Update for BOTH weeks. So effectively you could have til Sunday the 8th of August to finish this list and the upcoming one.

If everyone's generally okay with that plan, that's what'll happen.
If people do want to see if they've moved up spots, stats, etc.,I can post an unofficial member update this sunday, but then do a proper one on the 8th to make sure all the reviews get mentioned.

I've probably explained this quite badly :P Do say if I've confused or if I made sense xD

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 12:13:40

At 7/30/10 11:50 AM, Animith wrote:
So effectively you could have til Sunday the 8th of August to finish this list and the upcoming one.

Thats perfect.That is my B-day

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 14:43:03

May I ask you guys to review this? :D

At 7/30/10 11:50 AM, Animith wrote:

But as I'm leaving earlyish this sunday, what I was planning on doing is posting the requests list, but not the member update.

You're doing a great job with the updates, I'm glad the club is still going strong! I thank you for this :). Any way, I could do the update if you want, I would do a terrible work since I haven't updated anything in ages but still... :)

Great job anyway, congrats.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 20:42:05

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 22:00:43

Hey guys... just posting my points for the week as part of the initiation process. Thanks for admitting me by the way, guys. Much appreciated.

Reviewed:
The House Mouse by KieranNG = 5+1
biggie the tank engine = 5+1
You Can't Touch Neil Tyson by Alaska = 5+1
John Lennon by up-a-notch = 5+1
-+-Crash And Burn-+- by Hikigane = 5+1
John Lennon = 5+1

Posting once = 3

Thus, that's 33 points overall. Thank you, guys! I think I'm going to do more reviews once I know that I don't have to monitor them all. Maybe the whole thing of documenting my reviews sort of put me off. But this time I'll try to get 100%. But, reviewing art is hard! I don't know that much about art and technique! I didn't want to give an uninformed opinion. But thanks guys, anyway. Glad to be in the club.

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 22:10:23

Damm.I leave the best review Ive done in a while and look at what he responds.

Review Request Club

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 23:06:40

At 7/30/10 10:10 PM, Domo wrote: Damm.I leave the best review Ive done in a while and look at what he responds.

dude does it really matter that much to you? i think you have more important things to worry about than this

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-30 23:46:54

At 7/30/10 11:06 PM, klik wrote:
At 7/30/10 10:10 PM, Domo wrote: Damm.I leave the best review Ive done in a while and look at what he responds.
dude does it really matter that much to you? i think you have more important things to worry about than this

I'm personally happy if they look at it and say thanks. Just so I know that they looked at it.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 00:03:07

At 7/30/10 11:46 PM, sixflab wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:06 PM, klik wrote:
I'm personally happy if they look at it and say thanks. Just so I know that they looked at it.

I know he looked but I just don't think he read it.Im happy for that he responded just would of liked a little more

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 04:29:51

Sorry for the bit of inactivity. I have a bad case of what seems like gastric flu...

At 7/30/10 02:43 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: You're doing a great job with the updates, I'm glad the club is still going strong! I thank you for this :). Any way, I could do the update if you want, I would do a terrible work since I haven't updated anything in ages but still... :)

Great job anyway, congrats.

Hey Sonofkirk , good to see you again! :D

Yeah Animith has the spreadsheets right now since I'm abroad.

At 7/30/10 10:00 PM, spartacusxerox wrote: Hey guys... just posting my points for the week as part of the initiation process. Thanks for admitting me by the way, guys. Much appreciated.

Reviewed:
John Lennon = 5+1

Posting once = 3

Thus, that's 33 points overall. Thank you, guys! I think I'm going to do more reviews once I know that I don't have to monitor them all. Maybe the whole thing of documenting my reviews sort of put me off. But this time I'll try to get 100%. But, reviewing art is hard! I don't know that much about art and technique! I didn't want to give an uninformed opinion. But thanks guys, anyway. Glad to be in the club.

Excellent reviews! Yep, from now on, your stats will be monitored by the club updater, currently Animith.

Like sixflab, I don't mind too much when someone just says 'Thanks' and maybe comments about something in my review, although I surely enjoy somewhat lengthy responses to my review, I definitely feel like it's more appreciated then, and I always like seeing what people think about my reviews.

This is why when I respond to my reviews, if they're decently sized, I copy and paste the review into my response, and quote parts of it, answering to each part in a bit of detail. Not only do I enjoy doing it, but I'm showing a little more appreciation like that.

At 7/31/10 01:55 AM, lpfann2 wrote: oh wow i just realized how late of a question that is.

lol this was started in 09

Hehe yep, we always check every new member's reviews since that rule came out around a hundred pages ago :P.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 05:19:24

So there is no update this week

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 11:03:27

I would like to you guys review this please:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/spyso ciety/gone-with-the-wind

SpyS.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 15:01:25

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 15:54:54

At 7/30/10 10:00 PM, spartacusxerox wrote: Hey guys... just posting my points for the week as part of the initiation process. Thanks for admitting me by the way, guys. Much appreciated.

Reviewed:
John Lennon = 5+1

Posting once = 3

Thanks! I'll be keeping track of your points from now on til Steph takes over the updates again :P
Don't worry about not knowing too much; I don't know much about art of flash techniques. Just give your opinion as a viewer! =D

At 7/31/10 03:01 PM, up-a-notch wrote: I made a request and it did not get put on the list so...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 3176

You made 4 requests in one week. The rules say that you can make up to 3 art/flash requests per week, and 3 audio requests per month. That's why it wasn't on the list ;)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 16:20:00

Sorry for my poor performance this week, people. I've been through the mill lately, family issues...

At 7/30/10 11:48 AM, up-a-notch wrote: Listen as long as I like how it looks, I am happy...I just would not like it if my art looked to real and had no overfill, I know you don't like how it looks but I do so you can be like that and keep on trying to change me or you could go to a wicked awesome party that rules and has cake and more cake and tubs full of ice cream your choice...i dunno why I said something about a party so don't bother asking.

I'll need to think this through. Also yes, I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with "a party with cake and more cake and tubs full of ice cream", but you told me not to ask you all right.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 16:29:01

Why can't I be the master-leader of this Club???

I'm much older and prestative than Animith >:(

Just kidding. The update is going to be tomorrow, huh??

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 16:46:45

I'll need to think this through. Also yes, I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with "a party with cake and more cake and tubs full of ice cream", but you told me not to ask you all right.

oh dude sorry for the response on your mr.monicle review...really sorry...I was just mad...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 17:27:22

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 17:35:00

Hey, I'd appreciate if you guys could review my art. No specific picture, and I don't care if you don't review all 4 of them. One is good enough.

Thank you!

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 18:24:00

At 7/31/10 05:35 PM, SayYourGoodbyes wrote: Hey, I'd appreciate if you guys could review my art. No specific picture, and I don't care if you don't review all 4 of them. One is good enough.

Thank you!

If you want reviews, we actually have to ask you to be more specific than "any" :P
Post a LINK to the ones you want reviewed here and we'll do that for you :P You can submit up to 3 requests every week. :)

At 7/31/10 04:29 PM, RogerBK wrote: Why can't I be the master-leader of this Club???

I'm much older and prestative than Animith >:(

Just kidding. The update is going to be tomorrow, huh??

ROGERRRR
I'm not the leader, I'm just the person looking at spreadsheets til Steph gets back properly.
Annnd the REQUESTS list will be tomorrow, but I'm not planning on doing a member update til the 8th (which'll have stats for both weeks). Scroll further up the page to see why mate :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 19:26:56

At 7/31/10 04:46 PM, up-a-notch wrote: oh dude sorry for the response on your mr.monicle review...really sorry...I was just mad...

I just realized it... Quite an outburst. I can tell by the way of your madness that you honestly don't like me reviewing your art. If so, just tell me. Be honest. Just so you know, I'm doing it to help you, not for the useless points that I get here. I want you to improve, and that's the sole reason why I'm typing all that text. If you don't want me to review your work, I can understand that. I'm not forcing anyone.

I also have to tell you however that you aren't the maturest requester I've ever seen. If you are making a review request, you need to be ready to be criticized. People are reviewing your work in order to help you, not to use it as an opportunity to take their anger out on you. The people you see here are the least cynical and rude ones you would come across, including myself.

As for the apology, don't worry about it. Regretting a mistake is much more important than having made it in the first place.

Review Request Club