New Topic Respond to this Topic
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 16:29:16 Reply

Hey folks, I'm working on the RRC game and here you can see it.

By now, only until the menu is done. Because the gameplay wasn't defined yet. At the menu, the only thing working is the join button, which will link to this thread.

What you guys think?

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 16:38:15 Reply

At 8/6/11 04:29 PM, Spysociety wrote: Hey folks, I'm working on the RRC game and here you can see it.

By now, only until the menu is done. Because the gameplay wasn't defined yet. At the menu, the only thing working is the join button, which will link to this thread.

What you guys think?

Hey looks good! Can't wait to play it :D
I like the orange-themed menu as it fits with the current Newgrounds. I would only make your Spysociety intro a little bit more... cinematic, but so far, everything looks fine.
Any ideas about the gameplay?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 16:42:39 Reply

At 8/6/11 04:29 PM, Spysociety wrote: Hey folks, I'm working on the RRC game and here you can see it.

What you guys think?

Good so far, also...
"The Review Request Club is a crew for review your flash/audio/art. And will this is his game!"

"crew for reviewing", "And will this is their game!"
Only notable errors so far, looks good so far though.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 16:44:43 Reply

Hey looks good! Can't wait to play it :D
I like the orange-themed menu as it fits with the current Newgrounds. I would only make your Spysociety intro a little bit more... cinematic, but so far, everything looks fine.
Any ideas about the gameplay?

Haha thanks :), glad you liked it! About my intro...well, yeah I made that centuries ago lol, I'll make a remake of that one probably (I thought the same).

About the gameplay...we have the idea: basically there are 3 characters: Coop, Haggard (?) and Supersteph54, each one of them will have to pick up their correct items, like: Coop have to pick up the .SWF (Flash) files but he can't pick up .JPEG and .MP3 (Art and Audio) and etc...

Coop --> Flash
Haggard --> Art
Supersteph54 --> Audio

Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 16:46:45 Reply

At 8/6/11 04:42 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Good so far, also...
"The Review Request Club is a crew for review your flash/audio/art. And will this is his game!"

"crew for reviewing", "And will this is their game!"
Only notable errors so far, looks good so far though.

Haha lol, thanks for the grammar fix :P

MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 17:22:33 Reply

At 8/6/11 04:29 PM, Spysociety wrote: What you guys think?

That's awesome. I'm seriously pumped about this.

Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 17:38:10 Reply

That's awesome. I'm seriously pumped about this.

Thank you :D!

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 18:24:41 Reply

Hullo, sorry people. I ended up having to get ready for a vacation and had about... 16 hours of travel yesterday. So, I didn't get any reviews done. lol, guess I'll have to wait for the list or skip this week, which is unfortunate. At the very least, I'll try to get a track in sometime this week so that you can review it.

Oh yeah. I also remembered a question I had. SCET3, do you honestly review almost everything as 9? If there's nothing wrong with a track, does it still get a 9? I'm curious, because I looked through your reviews (the audio ones, at least), and saw three non-9 reviews, and the ones I did see were 7s and 8s. This is just out of curiosity - what would make you rate something as 10?

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 19:55:33 Reply

At 8/6/11 06:24 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Oh yeah. I also remembered a question I had. SCET3, do you honestly review almost everything as 9?

Nope, I do rate a lot of things as 9 though on average.

If there's nothing wrong with a track, does it still get a 9?

9 times out of 10, yes it would.

I'm curious, because I looked through your reviews (the audio ones, at least), and saw three non-9 reviews, and the ones I did see were 7s and 8s.

Yea, I think the lowest I ever truly rate is a 1, I rarely every rate anything as 0 unless I was to find it to be absolutely horrible and in dire need of being fixed up or just remade altogether.

This is just out of curiosity - what would make you rate something as 10?

Possibly not unless I thought it was the best thing I had heard in awhile and perfectly deserving as a 10.

Also here is a comment and response from the XwaynecoltX "Reviewing Tips With Xwayne" blog explaining further why I don't do it very often.

Sheizenhammer says:
And stay away from the 10 and 0 ratings of at all possible: they're both overused to the point of meaningless now.Giving something a 9 or 1 instead makes your review stand out more, and usually shows you've actually thought about it as opposed to morons who only think 'LOL' or 'FAIL'.

XwaynecoltX replies with:
yeah i suppose, i have not rated a movie less then a 4 in years though, and i may give a 9 now and then.

~X~

Hope that illustrates a bit for you. I honestly don't see a point in giving something a perfect 10 if it's freaking golden and beyond great (but hey, everyone's opinion differs right?) and I don't really give anything under a 3 very often unless I find it in drastic need of being fixed up a lot or it's just complete garbage.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-06 21:26:02 Reply

If you guys could review this, that'd be great!

• Braveheart Remix
    Braveheart Remix by The-iMortal

Click to listen.

Score
    3.84 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 03:50:22 Reply

I, on the other hand, give out loads of 10's. My rule of thumb is - if I can't find anything wrong with a submission, then it deserves a 10. Every artist ideally wants to get a 10 - if s/he doesn't get a 10, s/he wants to know how to improve so that score goes up to a 10.

I even give out 10's if there are submissions which I personally didn't like much. I don't like Dubstep at all, but if I hear a Dubstep song which, in my opinion, isn't lacking in a certain thing and doesn't need much improving in my ears, then I'll give it a 10 despite having heard songs which I've preferred more.

Everyone has a different style of reviewing I suppose.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 06:47:34 Reply

At 8/7/11 03:50 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Everyone has a different style of reviewing I suppose.

Indeed, that's what makes us pretty unique and diverse in the end. =)

MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 07:03:10 Reply

10-awesome track, nothing wrong.
9-nearly perfect, just a few problems.
8-needs a little tweaking.
7-good, but could be worked on some more.
6-passable, but barely.
If I feel a submission deserves lower than that, it usually isn't worth my time to review and get the artist annoyed with me. I've yet to review a request like that.

Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 10:59:48 Reply

I don't give away 10s unless the track/flash/piece of art really clicks for me, if it has something special that makes me fall in love with it. I don't think people should worry about the scores, though, I don't.

I'm back, I guess.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 11:25:20 Reply

Fair points. I personally judge a song on its composition rather than its mixing, and as many songs don't have perfect composition at this point, it's hard for me to rate a song as even 8-9 (at this point). I prefer being a hard judge, because as somebody said in a response, everybody needs a slap in the wrist every once in a while. I plan on giving that. If the track truly doesn't have anything wrong with it, and the composition is well done, then THAT gets a 10 from me, the mixing (as long as that doesn't hurt my ears from being too high-pitched/staticky/distorted) doesn't matter that much. Remixes and arrangements rarely ever get more than a 7 from me, as they lack much originality (unless the remix takes it and brings it out by a huge amount). Re-instrumenting it isn't that impressive. It shows that yes, you can listen to a song and tell what the notes are. That's about it.

So, I guess my system is...

10: Absolutely perfect. Composition is formatted well, there's nothing wrong with the mixing that I can tell, it sounds cool and interesting... I have no complaints about this.
9: Needs a bit of polishing, maybe the mixing is incredible and has some interesting bits, but the formatting isn't quite that good, or there's some distortion, or something!
8: Not all that well composed, has some things off-key that don't work, not fully formed ideas...
7: Eh. Some cool effects. Not well composed, not particularly interesting.
6: Generic. I've heard all of this before except the tune, everything else is just formatting and effects that are basic.

I think you can figure out the progressing of the rest of the list from that.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 11:44:41 Reply

Another week, another 100%, streak still going strong. Update tomorrow?

I'm back, I guess.

Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:14:04 Reply

Hey, I have been thinking about the RRC: The Game gameplay and Steph and me already thought it would be an avoid game, what about a gameplay like this:?

Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:15:44 Reply

Also you would have to collect the .SWF files (if you're playing with Coop) and avoid the other files, like .MP3, .JPEG, what you guys think?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:17:36 Reply

At 8/7/11 02:14 PM, Spysociety wrote: Hey, I have been thinking about the RRC: The Game gameplay and Steph and me already thought it would be an avoid game, what about a gameplay like this:?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 2012

Seems like a good idea. So when you pick up the item corresponding to you, you go to a minigame and when you don't you take damage right?

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:18:38 Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:19:40 Reply

At 8/7/11 02:15 PM, Spysociety wrote: Also you would have to collect the .SWF files (if you're playing with Coop) and avoid the other files, like .MP3, .JPEG, what you guys think?

Sounds like a great plan.

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:19:48 Reply

Yeah like, i.e. there is a time and you have to pick up the maximum of .SWF files you can before the time hits 0; and when the time is over, you'll go to a minigame depending on your points (the RRC points).

Nimble
Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:22:07 Reply

What you guys think?

that looks pretty cool.

also,who are the bonus characters? maybe they could be members that once were a part of the RRC,and maybe some of the newbies too.(just a thought)

gotta get finished with a few more reviews in a few hours,as sundays are now my safe havens. marching camp week 2 is coming up as well,so any reviews during the weekdays are scarce to none.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:29:48 Reply

Not sure about the RRC characters through, the original ones are going to be Coop (for Flash), I'm thinking to put SCTE3 or Soapbubble (OF COURSE IF THEY ARE OK WITH THIS!!)--because Haggard doesn't look interested with the game (at least I think this) and as they are more active members...; and Steph for the Audio ones.

The secret characters could be Sonofkirk (as he is the founder) and maybe someone more. I think that 5 characters is good enough, else I'll have to code and do every one of them D:

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:31:22 Reply

At 8/7/11 02:19 PM, Spysociety wrote: Yeah like, i.e. there is a time and you have to pick up the maximum of .SWF files you can before the time hits 0; and when the time is over, you'll go to a minigame depending on your points (the RRC points).

Sounds pretty awesome. How much is each collected thing worth? How many points are taken away when you hit something not for you?

At 8/7/11 02:22 PM, NimblekidX wrote:

What you guys think?
that looks pretty cool.

also,who are the bonus characters? maybe they could be members that once were a part of the RRC,and maybe some of the newbies too.(just a thought)

I think he mentioned me and Soapbubble at one point, we would be able to collect anything there as well since we both tend to just review everything. :-)

gotta get finished with a few more reviews in a few hours,as sundays are now my safe havens. marching camp week 2 is coming up as well,so any reviews during the weekdays are scarce to none.

Ahh, I see, weekends are always good though.

BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:42:12 Reply

Happy 6000 posts, RRC thread =D

At 8/7/11 02:29 PM, Spysociety wrote: Not sure about the RRC characters through, the original ones are going to be Coop (for Flash), I'm thinking to put SCTE3 or Soapbubble (OF COURSE IF THEY ARE OK WITH THIS!!)--because Haggard doesn't look interested with the game (at least I think this) and as they are more active members...; and Steph for the Audio ones.

Oh I would love to be in the game, I'm real proud of the RRC, would love to be associated with it.

I'm back, I guess.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:53:55 Reply

At 8/7/11 02:29 PM, Spysociety wrote: Not sure about the RRC characters through, the original ones are going to be Coop (for Flash), I'm thinking to put SCTE3 or Soapbubble (OF COURSE IF THEY ARE OK WITH THIS!!)--because Haggard doesn't look interested with the game (at least I think this) and as they are more active members...; and Steph for the Audio ones.

I have no problem being in the game as long as everyone is given credit where it is due. The idea for grabs up everything sounds nice so far as well.

The secret characters could be Sonofkirk (as he is the founder) and maybe someone more. I think that 5 characters is good enough, else I'll have to code and do every one of them D:

Yes, yes you could but also Freelance-Magician since he made the original one. However it fell apart after awhile since no one was keeping track of points, making list, or even checking in on the thread.

At 8/7/11 02:42 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Happy 6000 posts, RRC thread =D

Hooray for that!!

Oh I would love to be in the game, I'm real proud of the RRC, would love to be associated with it.

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 14:56:22 Reply

The secret character only could be Soapbubble? Tagged as the "Norway hero!" lol :P. Because else is too much work, well I can add maybe something for Sonofkirk too.

Also I would like to do the avoid game I said ONLY for Coop, I would hate to animate every character in this game, so everyone can have your own game.

Do you guys like the idea?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 15:16:26 Reply

At 8/7/11 02:56 PM, Spysociety wrote: The secret character only could be Soapbubble? Tagged as the "Norway hero!" lol :P. Because else is too much work, well I can add maybe something for Sonofkirk too.

Also I would like to do the avoid game I said ONLY for Coop, I would hate to animate every character in this game, so everyone can have your own game.

Do you guys like the idea?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I like the avoid game just for Coop since he's a mod of reviewing and the forums. Also he's pretty cool at taking care of business.

BBS Signature
Spysociety
Spysociety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-07 15:34:50 Reply

Here is the RRC: The Game update. It looks good?
Also the characters's description is just an idea, so it's not official lol. :P

The secret character's names will be below Steph's name. I just didn't made them yet. Their names will be in grey and as "Secret", once you unlock, it will be white with orange glows as the other ones and with their original usernames too.

---------------
SCTE3:
Ok then, I gonna make that game only for Coop. What you would like for you? (art) What do you think that is cool?