00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Service - Warning to all!

43,944 Views | 669 Replies

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 01:53:35

I am going to explode the world

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 01:59:44

At 5/24/07 01:47 AM, BoIogna wrote: You know who I'd really like to assassinate right now? George W. Bush, the current president of the United States.

In other news, the SS are denying the murder of a person whose is only known by their alias, "Bologna". The said person had threatened President George W. Bush is a website known as Newgrounds, only to disapear shortly after making the threat. The body of that person was discovered without arms or legs in a ditch outside Washington DC with a laptop, and a giant sign attached to the body that read "THIS IS NOT BOLOGNA, THAT USER FROM NEWGROUNDS THE SS DIDN'T PLAN ON KILLING BRUTALLY"

Rumor has it that this user was really an alternate account of a moderator on Newgrounds, but Wade Fulp insisted this isn't true: "C'mon, no mod is that dumb to do this; besides, I believe and love every single one of them." When asked why a moderator named "Canas" had been removed from both the list of moderators and users on Newgrounds, Wade replied: "Who?"

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:00:28

At 5/23/07 11:28 PM, Infinite-one wrote: What the fuck is happening!?

I thought these forums were about expressing your opinion, but now there are even limits to that. So much fo Freedom of Speech.

Secret Service agents, unless you're here to post like the rest of us, LEAVE! NOW!! GO AWAY!!!! You take things WAY too seriously!

I guess Livecorpse was just joking when he made that flash, eh? OH WAIT! Yeah, it may be one in a million, but the SS needs to catch that 1. Hence, it's not overreacting. It's being careful.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:02:01

This has to be BS, no fucking way the secret service are gonna take shit from a site which 95% of the material isn't real or shouldn't be taken seriously.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:04:02

At 5/24/07 01:47 AM, BoIogna wrote: You know who I'd really like to assassinate right now? George W. Bush, the current president of the United States.

{{ha ha}}

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:04:32

Nice V-Wing, there.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:05:23

At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
If anyone leaves any smart ass replies to this topic, such as a threat to the President, your account will be terminated.

Lord almighty, killing the president is serious business.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:08:36

At 5/23/07 11:25 PM, Tal-con wrote: What I wanna know is, how the fuck does the Secret Service know about all this shit?

Not hard to figure out that there's probably a couple of government agents and LEOs from various departments who keep a close eye on controversial sites such as NG.

Then there's the possibility that another NGer found the threats, and called the SS.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:10:43

At 5/24/07 02:02 AM, Rebel-V-Elite wrote: cock.

Carefull, that gun in your sig might pose a threat to the president. I think you should remove it.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:12:38

At 5/24/07 01:19 AM, Maus wrote:
At 5/24/07 01:18 AM, Shawtey wrote: isnt that a violation of the first amendment... we cant make art or music proclaiming negative feeling's for the president?
"i don't like the president" =/ "i will kill the president"

REPORTED >:(

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:29:44

At 5/24/07 02:10 AM, MissAllanPoe wrote:
At 5/24/07 02:08 AM, Monocrom wrote:
Then there's the possibility that another NGer found the threats, and called the SS.
This brings us back to page 5. WillPostForFood, my dear boy.

Let him starve....... Maybe he'll post less.
Still, if his claim is true, I doubt he did it out of genuine concern.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:34:54

they've always dont this. Just now they've REALLY cracked down on it harder.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:35:34

At 5/24/07 02:29 AM, Monocrom wrote: Still, if his claim is true, I doubt he did it out of genuine concern.

shakelawk (5:23:52 p.m.): They were being idiots. Plane and simple.
OfficerNG (5:24:18 p.m.): Was it really worth all the commotion though?
shakelawk (5:24:21 p.m.): Yes.
shakelawk (5:24:26 p.m.): Its funny if you ask me.

He was very concerned.

/

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:35:53

At 5/24/07 02:34 AM, Iggyman wrote:
they've always dont this. Just now they've REALLY cracked down on it harder.

Perhaps the president's horribly low approval rating has something to do with it.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:41:29

Alright guys! The SS coming to your house might make you nervous, but would you rather have them knocking on your door....

or Jack Bauer!

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:50:21

HOW DO I FREEDOM OF SPEACH HERE? On a side note I've never made any and never will make any. Im going to watch what I post more carefully now though thats for sure :o

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 02:59:11

ive quickly read through some of this thread.. and am i the only person who finds this hilarious..
what will be funnier is if the president is eventually killed by a angst filled internet geek and the secret service claims they did everything they could to stop it.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 03:01:01

At 5/23/07 11:19 PM, CHRlST wrote:
Can I say that I dislike our current president and his choices or will I get investigated aswell? :|

You're allowed to chritisize as your first ammendmant right, being that it's free speach. But you can't make any form of threat towards the president or any other form of government official, because that's considdered treason, and not a matter of oppinion or speach.
You have to understand that the president of the united states is infact a very important person, and at the same time obviouslly dissliked by very many people, so the secret service can't take those sort of comments in jest simply because they don't know who is possibly considdering these things and who isn't.

wow, where did that come from???

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 03:19:19

At 5/24/07 02:35 AM, Officer wrote:

He was very concerned.
/

Hahaha What have i done!!!

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 03:22:30

my bad wade

I want to die in a war

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 03:26:03

At 5/23/07 11:18 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote:
At 5/23/07 11:17 PM, WadeFulp wrote: SS coming to your door,
Oh noes teh star syndicaet

That's also true, but goddamn this is serious now.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:33:01

Living over in the UK I find this very very stupid.

On Newgrounds there's many many flash with GWB getting killed, murdered, killing other people or blamed for 9/11 or what not. Wade are you going to remove these 'threats against the presidents' life'?

Somehow I doubt it. Earlier Ross was talking about the V-Tech decision. We leave tasteless and potentially offensive stuff on Newgrounds because that's what Newgrounds is. If you distinguish between a president and a popstar or a child and the president, why is that right? Is there any freedom in that?

I think you're posting this because you're upset that the S/S contacted you. I can't imagine they've contacted every author of a 'death to GWB' flash movie? There's a fair few on this website. Yeah I'm sure it was annoying for you to get that call but I resent the rules this appears to be leading too 'Don't criticise the president'.

Every day people on this website promise violence against each other, sometimes (mostly) in a joking way. I've had my share of that and a darker side when I was a mod... My point is, so what if he's the president? He's elected by the people, that makes him a servant of the people and as such his life in parody form, comedy form such as on this website is no more valuable than yours or mine. Otherwise you better start getting worried about all the celebrities having a go at you for all the 'kill xxx' game.

Keep things free and fair Wade. If the S/S want to investigate every 'threat' against the president, let them. It's their waste, hey they can come to the UK and interview me, I must fit their profile very well... Red Communist female from Mainland China, 'Time to Stand up to Israel' in my sig thread... A supporter of the pre-war Israel/Palestine borders... Rabid dislike of George Bush and a desire that he sends himself to Iraq for the good of the world and the saving grace of some poor soldiers' family. Screw him, he's not worth more than anyone else.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:43:36

At 5/24/07 04:33 AM, Sarai wrote: Living over in the UK I find this very very stupid.

The whole point is that the SS must take every threat reported to them seriously, an since somone (WPFF) had reported somone else on this site, then it would have been a problem if they DIDN'T take it seriously. You and alot of others have made a point about flashgames etc. in this thread, an I can but agree with all parts, really.
I just can say that I hope that this won't lead to some kind of humourous wall of GWB jokes, or even flashes. On the other hand, I suspect this possibly could lead to even more...

One other problem is that I don't think that many people on this site really was aware of this. I can only hope that this being brought to the light, won't lead to an abuse of it. Well, if people will abuse and report a little too much, they will probably be ignored or dealt with by the SS... Still I it's good that this is brought up.

What I personally thinks about this is another matter. But noone should really have any problems understanding what the deal is.

The one and only BBS rule should be "Don't be an asshole", and all would be swell. :) "if only..."

Wakka wakka

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:48:06

At 5/24/07 04:43 AM, Rucklo wrote: things

I agree with you that the S/S should investigate threats against the president. But because they do that, we don't need to bend over backwards to make their lives easier by not being edgy sometimes. Hey, if they want to investigate me, let them, but I will not allow the threat of that to deter me from being creative if I should so wish. The reason why I won't let it deter me is because I know I wouldn't be violent to anyone even if I had the chance. It doesn't stop me however from using imagination or in the case of flash artists or what-not creativity to get across a point.

If someone makes a flash with GWD being sent to Iraq and then blown up by a suicide bomber, are they a threat to the president? Who knows... But that's for the S/S to find out, not for Wade or the media to ban.

Sorry Wade :/

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:48:43

wow. just wow.
i have a question though, i know i can get banned if i post it, but will the SS still come to my house if I'm not from the us?
seriously,what if some dude from umm... let's say greece says he doesn't like bush.
i doubt the SS can question him, or even come anywhere near his house.

no offence people,i'm just being the curious bastard that i am.

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:56:33

At 5/24/07 04:48 AM, Sarai wrote:
At 5/24/07 04:43 AM, Rucklo wrote: things
I agree with you that the S/S should investigate threats against the president. But because they do that, we don't need to bend over backwards to make their lives easier by not being edgy sometimes. Hey, if they want to investigate me, let them, but I will not allow the threat of that to deter me from being creative if I should so wish. The reason why I won't let it deter me is because I know I wouldn't be violent to anyone even if I had the chance. It doesn't stop me however from using imagination or in the case of flash artists or what-not creativity to get across a point.

If someone makes a flash with GWD being sent to Iraq and then blown up by a suicide bomber, are they a threat to the president? Who knows... But that's for the S/S to find out, not for Wade or the media to ban.

Sorry Wade :/

I can agree, but partially.

I think that it IS highly retarded that some people threaten the president and think no consequences will be upheld. Sure, it's VERY obvious if a person goes, "lol imma kil teh prezdent :)" that they're fibbing, but if someone writes out something saying they will that looks formal, then maybe they should take it as a threat.

If we had no cares or worries about such things, it'd be very easy to kill the President. Sure, I dislike Mr. Bush as a president, but I still have to respect him as a leader. I might disagree with many of the things he does, but that doesn't mean I have to go around yelling how much I hate him. If anything, practically every user here has no grasp of politics, and just "goes with the flow." Dislike the guy when you have at least average or basic knowledge of our government/ history.

Now, as far as newgrounds is concerned, it's their site. They can do whatever they want with it. However, I do believe that banning and deleting a person for doing such things is over the top. Perhaps locking the thread, or deleting the message, giving warnings of possible consequences, might be a better way to act.

I am in no way, shape, or form telling you what to do, but am offering suggestions. I DO agree that simply letting the users roam free and retarded would be rather dumb, because quite frankly, a lot of users here are retarded. (lol, I can imagine some 13 year old getting investigated by two 7 foot tall armed secret service agents ^_^) But I think that the consequences newgrounds gives out should be lighter.

That's just my opinion though. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 04:57:02

Oh FFS dont be stupid! You really think that the SS are going to waste there time checking that teenage geeks aren't saying anything hateful about bush. Even if you did say something you have freedom of speack behind you.

The only way they could do anything would be if you were making a plot to kill him. And TBH I think there my be more of those going on in oh say an islamic extremists website than the BBS.

So fuck bush, wether he gets killed or not we will be rid of him soon come the next election, then we will have some other over religious nutcase in power.

*sigh*

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:06:33

At 5/24/07 04:57 AM, SPB wrote: Oh FFS dont be stupid! You really think that the SS are going to waste there time checking that teenage geeks aren't saying anything hateful about bush. Even if you did say something you have freedom of speack behind you.

The only way they could do anything would be if you were making a plot to kill him. And TBH I think there my be more of those going on in oh say an islamic extremists website than the BBS.

So fuck bush, wether he gets killed or not we will be rid of him soon come the next election, then we will have some other over religious nutcase in power.

*sigh*

You do realize that this thread is talking about those users who were investigated, INCLUDING Wade, correct...?

We might not take the internet seriously, but they sure as hell do. What we see is a harmless, border line wrong yet hilarious (at times) flash portal and BBS, they see as a foreign site (not foreign as in out of country, but as in "unfamiliar territory".

You'd have to be retarded to think that there isn't a Secret Service patroling the internet. It is, in fact, the fastest and easiest form of communication out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:19:20

At 5/24/07 01:16 AM, Catoblepas wrote: I take it that making a flash about killing Bush is still allowed, right?

hmm... inspiration.

In a sense, that would be sorta different. Look at it this way. Making a flash about killing someone very unlikely raises the doubt about "killing" someone. Unless it's in indeiginfied manners or such. But, comeing out and blantly saying "I AM GONNA KILL THE PREZ" Is a whole different situation..

At 5/24/07 01:18 AM, Shawtey wrote: IM NOT ARGUING

i just have a question

isnt that a violation of the first amendment... we cant make art or music proclaiming negative feeling's for the president?

i personally do not like bush but, isnt the Secret Service going over board here?

i mean this is like one step closer to a police state. in fact this is pissing me off, but im not stupid enough to get my account deleted so ill stop now

Well, the First Admendment protects against people who are suppressing Religion, Race, Culture and such. see, if you go out into times square and threaten to kill every last person there. Then you go PAST your rights, because you're harassing which voids the Consitution on the scale of "freedom of speech."

Response to Secret Service - Warning to all! 2007-05-24 05:34:27

woah...